Anvil: The Story of Anvil

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Anvil: The Story of Anvil

Post by King Crimson »

http://www.anvilthemovie.com/

this is worth seeing. saw it last week, highlighted by a trip to Denver's venerable El Taco de Mexico...one of the all-time joints. smothered chile rellenos, hard to beat.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Re: Anvil: The Story of Anvil

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Been wanting to see this. I'm curious about the tone of the movie. Is it kind of snarky/let's-all-laugh-at-these-pathetic-never-weres or do they play it mostly straight?
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Been wanting to see this. I'm curious about the tone of the movie. Is it kind of snarky/let's-all-laugh-at-these-pathetic-never-weres or do they play it mostly straight?
it's played pretty earnest (film-maker was a roadie for them inna day). there's mos def inherent self-parody, but that's the nature of the genre. songs about tarot cards and such.

it runs a little thin in terms of developing a overall story arc/repetitive in spots but it's worth seeing.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Anvil will be opening some shows in NYC and Boston for AC/DC. which is the answer to the question, if Slash, Lemmy and Metallica love these guys so much and acknowledge they got hosed by the industry, why not let them open some shows for you?

AC/DC hasn't made a good LP in 20 years and are closer to NBA arena theme music than being relevant.... but rack em for getting Anvil on the stage.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

some great lyrics.

Metal on metal
It's what I crave
The louder the better I'll turn in my grave
Metal on metal
Ears start to bleed
Cranking it up\
Fulfilling my need
"
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

The trailer for that looks fascinating. However, should I be holding out on Raven: The Story of Raven? Seriously, though, it looks as if that movie has heart. That goes a long way.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.