T.O. released by the Cowboys

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

T.O. released by the Cowboys

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

This is a good move by Dallas because they can open things up offensively with Patrick Crayton and Roy Williams and of course Witten. Owens was on the downside anyway but I think that one team should sign him for a year....a team that is on the brink and has a small window. And that team is San Diego. When they got Chambers, he was an impact guy and a go-to receiver for Rivers. Owens is a similar type of wideout and has great physical attributes like Chambers. Those two together on the field and Gates...you'd have big fucking bodies and Rivers could drop back and just fire that shit to one of those three right in the numbers all day long. Fuck the running game except for some draws to Sproles and if LT is healthy, get him rolling but keep him fresh by not running it much. Just cock back and throw it to those big physical veteran receivers.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Re: T.O. released by the Cowboys

Post by .m2 »

ummm.... does anyone really give a shit about t.o. anymore ???

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jerkoff wrote:This is a good move by Dallas ...
A "good move" would have been trading him.

Just releasing him?

Nope.

Are you going to tell me that Jerrah couldn't have worked a trade and gotten ... something for Owens?
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

.m2 wrote:ummm.... does anyone really give a shit about t.o. anymore ???

the truth

JT The Brick said at the top of the show last night that all the stuff they were going to talk about (Manny, Shaq, etc.) was being put to the side when this news broke.

ESPN has it as the top story and I am sure it will be the main topic on Rome today. I know he's not the same player he used to be, but this is a big story.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

poptart wrote:

Just releasing him?

Nope.

Are you going to tell me that Jerrah couldn't have worked a trade and gotten ... something for Owens?
Like a 6th rounder? When he was traded to the Eagles he was worth a scrub player and a 5th round pick. I'm pretty sure any phone calls they attempted were met with a hysterical laugh at the other end of the phone.

Owens will probably finish out his career playing a series of 1 year contracts for perhaps 2 more teams before he reaches the end of his career.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
.m2 wrote:ummm.... does anyone really give a shit about t.o. anymore ???

the truth

JT The Brick said at the top of the show last night that all the stuff they were going to talk about (Manny, Shaq, etc.) was being put to the side when this news broke.

ESPN has it as the top story and I am sure it will be the main topic on Rome today. I know he's not the same player he used to be, but this is a big story.
This has been rumored for at least a month now.. there is nothing big about this story... if there is excessive coverage it's because they're probably waiting for Owens to spazz out and OD on some more pills. Now that'd be a decent story.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:JT The Brick said at the top of the show last night that all the stuff they were going to talk about (Manny, Shaq, etc.) was being put to the side when this news broke.

I work with a bunch of sports crazy guys. So far, after one hour in the office, I've yet to hear squat in the way of talk about Owens. In fact, most of the talk around here is about the upcoming Big East Tournament and the NHL trades yesterday. The only reason ESPN is hyping this is because they are a broadcast partner of the NFL. It's nothing more than advertising.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Oh Dear God !!!! *swoon*, that commerical with him in the towel, Danny, please ....

Sincerely,
Vinny Cerrato
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:Oh Dear God !!!! *swoon*, that commerical with him in the towel, Danny, please ....

Sincerely,
Vinny Cerrato
They've already said they want no part of him.

T.O. is going to be a Raider.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

BSmack wrote:T.O. is going to be a Raider.

"Wrong. He's going to be a Patriot... this is why NE gave up Vrabel for nothing = to make room for The Cancer. TO and Moss together will be unstoppable. In Bill We Trust!!!!!!!" <<<---- :meds: :meds: :meds:

Sin,
Local fans and media fucking hacks on the AM Dial since I woke up this morning.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

I'm just here to rack Ucant's sig.

Ignorance is bliss.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
BSmack wrote:T.O. is going to be a Raider.
"Wrong. He's going to be a Patriot... this is why NE gave up Vrabel for nothing = to make room for The Cancer. TO and Moss together will be unstoppable. In Bill We Trust!!!!!!!" <<<---- :meds: :meds: :meds:

Sin,
Local fans and media fucking hacks on the AM Dial since I woke up this morning.
Wow. Just wow.

I'll admit that on my way into work that idea crossed my mind for a split second, immediately followed by the thought of Terrell Owens having to share the ball with Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Shit, if Jason Witten pissed him off, Wes Welker and his 10 catches for 90 yards every game would have TO flipping out. And sharing the limelight with Moss? I don't fucking think so.

I can't believe there are new England fans who would want that shitstain on their team. Hell, the Steelers NEED a 3rd receiver and I assure you not a single news or radio hack is out there trying to whip of the Steelers fanbase in favor of picking up TO. Because if they tried , Steelers fans would eat them alive.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:I can't believe there are new England fans who would want that shitstain on their team.
A majority of the local fanbase has been gripping since the day Brady went down. People were so hungry to watch the team get back to the Super Bowl and actually win it. Upon realizing that we'd have to "wait till next year... again", many fans began lining up on the Tobin Bridge contemplating their next move... ala ChargerTard a few years back. Now that Pioli just seemed to get over on The Hooded One, the fan-base's collective IQ is falling harder than the Dow Jones. "Let's go get TO and we'll break own scoring record." Yeah... because all those records meant so much the first time around. People are fucking delirious, I tell ya.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

poptart wrote:

Just releasing him?

Nope.

Three years ago, Dallas was the only one who put an offer to TO. There is no way that any team, in their right mind, would offer a case of jock itch for TO at this point. To be honest, I didn't have a problem with TO on my squad. Yes, he's an emotional player who wanted the ball, but the blame of that offense being the shits was not TO's fault. I blame it solely on Garrett's head. Dude has all these weapons and can't get the least bit creative with his play calling??

TO will find a job somewhere this season. I just hope its not in the NFC East. I watched that guy for years tear the Boys a new ass.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...from "The Redzone" one of the better sites for NFL news.

"With the list of team issuing statements that they have no interest in wide receiver Terrell Owens, there is only one logical spot where he is likely to land and that is with the Oakland Raiders. Guys with bad reputations who can still play football in the waning days of their careers can always count on Al Davis to give them a shot. So get your popcorn ready Raider fans!"

...rack DF for this beauty..."There is no way that any team, in their right mind, would offer a case of jock itch for TO at this point."
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:Who the fuck is going to trade for a 35 year old tumor?
Who the fuck is going to just ... release ... a 1,000 yd receiver who scored 10 TDs and still often commands double team coverage?

Jerrah.

Good luck replacing that, Dallas.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

poptart wrote:
mvscal wrote:Who the fuck is going to trade for a 35 year old tumor?
Who the fuck is going to just ... release ... a 1,000 yd receiver who scored 10 TDs and still often commands double team coverage?

Jerrah.

Good luck replacing that, Dallas.

TO can't get off the line anymore. He didn't reach 100 yards receiving in a game until week 12. And while TO played in every game last season, he had 8 games with less than 40 yards receiving. 8

Seems more like TO's skills are rapidly declining and couple that with his ability turn a locker room to shit and it becomes fairly easy to see why he was released.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Owens is not as good as he was a few years ago, that is no doubt true, jim.

Over the last 8 games of 2008, however, he had 39 catches for 621 yds (16.0 per catch) and 5 TDs.
It's pretty damn good.

And the double-teams he draws can't be accounted for on the stat line.

He is not a speed guy, he's a physical guy who's real good in the YAC department.
So I could see him hanging on and having a couple/few more pretty good years.

He takes good care of himself, and he's got a lot of savvy.

Just RELEASING a guy like that would be an eye-opener ... if it wasn't T.O.

He's a jack-off, for sure, and he's been a jack-off at each of his NFL stops.

I s'pose Jerrah felt like the situation with him had gotten to the point where his jack-offishness had opened wounds that couldn't be closed, and he simply needed to be gone, no matter what.

Wherever T.O. ends up, I think he might be "calm" and do well ... for one year.

Beyond that, all bets are off.

For what it's worth, I could see Owens landing in Oakland.

I half expect it to happen.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

If Dallas... of all teams, is willing to take a 9 MILLION DOLLAR cap hit just to release this ass, I don't see him landing anywhere else. Save for the last bastion of no hope, that is. Good luck in Oakland, TO. All utter and complete fuckwads end their career playing for Skeletor...
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:If Dallas... of all teams, is willing to take a 9 MILLION DOLLAR cap hit just to release this ass, I don't see him landing anywhere else. Save for the last bastion of no hope, that is. Good luck in Oakland, TO. All utter and complete fuckwads end their career playing for Skeletor...
You forgot about Oakland East - Snyder is rumored to already have TO's agent in Negotiations
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Over lunch, the radio said Oakland and San Fran were in talks with them.

Get ready for a lot of this shit, NFL Forum.

T.O. is da twoof!

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

TO as a pat might be interesting to watch for a few minutes. Trouble is, what do you do with welker? You know, that invisible white boy who just quetly gets it done?

Homeless guy was fortunate in turning Moss into a team guy. No sense in tempting fate twice.

TO, sign with the faiduhs already.

[darth vader voice]It is your destiny[/darth vader voice]
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

ucant wrote:All utter and complete fuckwads end their career playing for Skeletor...
Yes.

- Rich Gannon, Lyle Alzado, Bill Romanowski, Rod Woodson, Ronnie Lott, Jerry Rice, Ted Hendricks ... etc x a LOT ...

Dumbshit
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

poptart wrote:
ucant wrote:All utter and complete fuckwads end their career playing for Skeletor...
Yes.

- Rich Gannon, Lyle Alzado, Bill Romanowski, Rod Woodson, Ronnie Lott, Jerry Rice, Ted Hendricks ... etc x a LOT ...

Dumbshit
He's right, Ucant. You should have said "All utter and complete fuckwads and 5 or 6 other dudes, end their career playing for Skeletor..."
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

poptart wrote:
Yes.

Dumbshit
RACK!!

Sin,

Jeff Hostetler, who suffered a broken back with the Gints, Charlie Garner, Jim Plunkett, ect. ect. ect.

Al has had his share of blow it signings, but he's absolutely been incredible picking up older guys off the scrapheap with "nothing" supposedly left to offer.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Al Davis was once won of the best owners/GMs in the league. His record in the 70s-80s speaks for itself. He's been up and down since the 90s and has flat out sucked the last 6-7 years... like embarrassingly bad. I was referring to the senile old fuck currently running your once proud franchise into the ground... not the guy you grew up with. I currently would not trust Al Davis with my TV remote, nevermind "masterminding" an NFL team.

Okay?
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

TO a Bill

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Never, ever would have thought TO in Buffalo....

Strange days indeed - maybe this helps Toronto viewers get stoked
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

A weird marriage but I figured he'd find a home eventually. It will be the Bills' 50th anniversary next season...maybe this is as much of a marketing move as it is a football move. Edwards is a decent QB but not a guy I'd envision working well with an ego like Owens. I'm sure he likes the idea the tight end in Buffalo isn't a preferred target...Royal had only 33 catches last year. They've got good speed at the receiver spot with Evans, Reed and Parrish but Owens will give them a true deep threat and a guy to draw extra attention. Evans should benefit with him attracting the focus of the coverage. It wouldn't hurt if Marshawn kept his dumb ass out of trouble too...they'll need that ground game to keep some of defense's attention not just on Owens. I think he'll post his usual numbers but Edwards and Jauron don't seem like guys that would mesh well with him...but then again, who does?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

TO signed with the BILLS????

The Buffalo Bills????

"North America's Team"?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am going to have SO much fun this season.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

MTLR........Your thoughts please!!!!

I can't wait to hear this......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Bwah. Well, that was quick.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

RJ wrote:Al has had his share of blow it signings, but he's absolutely been incredible picking up older guys off the scrapheap with "nothing" supposedly left to offer.
...and subsequently proving it.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
The only thing JT could say that is worth hearing is, "That's our show for today..."
Fucking twat.
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Hitler thinks the T.O. deal is bad.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.