KC Fan

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

trev
New Sheriff in Town

KC Fan

Post by trev »

Hello? I feel bad for you guys. My teams sucks too.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: KC Fan

Post by poptart »

I think Herm made the right decision to go for the win there.

SD defended the play well.

A loss there might have crippled the Blot season.

As it is, they are still in the division/playoff chase.

Tough break, Chef fan.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It was a bonehead, idiotic decision to go for 2. Unfucking believable.

Herm is a fucking disgrace and apparently playing for draft picks rather than trying to win the fucking game.

3 games straight now the Chiefs should have won, and this assclown has managed to sabotage his own players stellar effort.

Get Fucked, Herm.

Get the fuck out of my city.

Get the fuck off my team.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ RACK.

Herm's so woefully incompetent, he's made for KC.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

What was idiotic about the decision to go for the W, Wagon?

On the road, I think that is the right move, 'specially when you've won just one game all year.
Nothin' to lose.

You lose a coin flip in OT and you might not see the ball again.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

poptart wrote: Nothin' to lose.
They lost the fucking game, 'tart.

The game is everything, I don't care about records or expectations. You only have this one day to do or die.

What I care about is a warrior like Gonzo and others on this team giving it their all... only to be to thwarted by their own inept coach's decision making.

You play for OT in that situation. It's a no fucking brainer, unless you don't give a fuck about winning the game and are satisfied with giving a decent effort.

Going for 2 was doomed to fail.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

I agree with the decision to go for 2. The defense had so many injuries it's not even funny. San Diego wins the coin flip and the game is most likely over. Even though the conversion failed I think it's a confidence boost to the offense.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:What was idiotic about the decision to go for the W, Wagon?

On the road, I think that is the right move, 'specially when you've won just one game all year.
Nothin' to lose.

2nd. If Whitey’s against the call, it was probably the right call.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Papa Willie wrote: Herm is a bad coach. Always has been. I've yet to see what anybody sees in him.
To be fair, Herm is well liked and respected by the players. In an SI poll of NFL'ers, he was voted as the 4th most popular coach to play for.

He somehow has motivated this team to play some inspired football the past few weeks, all games they could've easily won, when they could've just mailed it in and collected their paycheck.

That said, he can get them oh so close to actually winning a game, only to mismanage at the end by unerringly making the exact wrong decision. Every. Fucking. Time.

It's like clockwork.

Chiefs fan watches every game wondering "how's Herm going to find a way to lose this game for his team"?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nixhex wrote:I agree with the decision to go for 2. The defense had so many injuries it's not even funny. San Diego wins the coin flip and the game is most likely over. Even though the conversion failed I think it's a confidence boost to the offense.
How does a failed conversion attempt boost confidence, Nix? That play call never had a chance of working.

As for the defense being worn out and banged up - yeah, that seems to be the prevailing sentiment here today.

But by that logic, they shouldn't have punted on 4th and 5 from midfield with less than 5 minutes left. I figured they wouldn't get the ball back. But damned if they didn't force a 3 and out.

I would have taken my chances with the coin flip.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Nothin' to lose.

it was idiotic because a.) they were on the road, and b) they've only won on game all year (guess who they beat)

Much as it pains be to give credit to the Chefs for anything, they were stopping the Bolts when they needed to. Going for 2 tells both the defense, and the offense that you have no confidence in them and gambling on a desperation play is no different than taking a chance on OT
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote:
actually they had the right play called and the Eggoans got away with a blatant hold on Gonzalez

how that wasn't called is beyond me
get out, get out while there's still time
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Gonzo gets mugged every game and it's rarely called. But they did call a bogus PI that got the ball down inside the 5, so you just knew a make-up non-call was coming.

I hate bitching about the refs, and yesterdays game wasn't decided because of them... but they blew several calls for and against both teams.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

War Wagon wrote:
Nixhex wrote:I agree with the decision to go for 2. The defense had so many injuries it's not even funny. San Diego wins the coin flip and the game is most likely over. Even though the conversion failed I think it's a confidence boost to the offense.
How does a failed conversion attempt boost confidence, Nix? That play call never had a chance of working.

As for the defense being worn out and banged up - yeah, that seems to be the prevailing sentiment here today.

But by that logic, they shouldn't have punted on 4th and 5 from midfield with less than 5 minutes left. I figured they wouldn't get the ball back. But damned if they didn't force a 3 and out.

I would have taken my chances with the coin flip.
The coach believed in them and put the game in their hands. I think it boosts their confidence. I could be wrong. It may have the opposite effect. I think Tony is at least in the picture for a jump ball on that play if he isn't held by #42.

You gotta think the new long snapper who fucked up the extra point earlier along with a very young and unproven kicker also played into Herm's decision to go for two.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nixhex wrote: You gotta think the new long snapper who fucked up the extra point earlier along with a very young and unproven kicker also played into Herm's decision to go for two.
True that. They don't botch that PAT earlier with the bad snap and this discussion isn't even taking place.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

The crazy thing is the Chiefs should have won the last 3 games. If they had done that they'd be contending for the top spot in the AFC West. What a shitty division.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Herm probably knows he's a goner at the end of the year.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

War Wagon wrote: I hate bitching about the refs, and yesterdays game wasn't decided because of them... but they blew several calls for and against both teams.

One (if not two) of Denver's wins this year were attributable to bad calls....it's nice when the call goes the way of your team but in no way takes away from the fact the calls were simply fucking awful...

is it just me or does the quality of refereeing in the NFL seem to be regressing?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

And Jay Cuddler knows he should be 0 for against Philip Rivers if not for the gift Hoculi gave him. Hence the wussy on the Rome show this morning saying he would never forgive Rivers for what happened on the field last year. His mommy must have taken away his boy toys as child... poor thing.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Nothin' to lose.

...conversely, if you win the flip, you win the game. The freeking Bolts couldn't stop a AAA high school team. Looks like dumping Cottrel didn't do much to help the defense. They make a guy like Thiggy look like freeking Joe Montana. No pressure whatsoever. That call was the right call IMO, K.C. rolled right down the field to score the TD, no reason to think they could't find Gonzo one more time. The only reason the play didn't work is somebody finally got in Thiggy's face and flushed him back to the 15 yard line where he had to chuck a back foot prayer into the endzone. The Bolt defense doesn't have any fire, they give up 30 points a game, and make opposing QB's a sure pick in all fantasy leagues when they are matched up vs. the Chargers.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

trev wrote:And Jay Cuddler knows he should be 0 for against Philip Rivers if not for the gift Hoculi gave him. Hence the wussy on the Rome show this morning saying he would never forgive Rivers for what happened on the field last year. His mommy must have taken away his boy toys as child... poor thing.
wtf are you babbling about?

little early to be hitting the wine isn't it?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cuda wrote:Herm probably knows he's a goner at the end of the year.
King Carl still has another year left on his contract. So does Herm.

For better or worse, we're stuck with this thru 2009.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

War Wagon wrote:You play for OT in that situation. It's a no fucking brainer, unless you don't give a fuck about winning the game and are satisfied with giving a decent effort.

Disagree. Sort of. I like going for the win on the road there. Although I really think throwing to a Back or your other TE makes much more sense than... well... The blantantly obvious
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Herm, on a scale of 1 to 5, is about a 2 as a head coach.
He DOES tend to get his players to buy in, though.
They play hard for him and they like him.

If only he could get someone to manage a game and a clock for him ... he'd be dynamite. haha

As Nix said, Herm was giving his offense a shot in the arm.
"Here, guys, go make three yards right NOW and win the game for us!"
You think the offensive players don't dig the shit out of that?
Do you think any of them didn't think they would get those yards?
Do you think any of them were pissing down their leg because Herm told them to go win the game?

If they were, they are useless players.

KC had given up, what, 400 yds to SD in the game?

I don't think you take your chances on going into overtime on the road in that case when you've got the ball in your hands with a chance to make 3 yds and WIN it ... right now.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

'tart, it's one of those deals where if it works you're a bloody genious, but if it doesn't you're a clueless idiot.

Herm is wearing the dunce cap.

I watch every game and agonize over tough losses that could've easily been wins... if only we had a coach with a brain. I don't mind getting physically beat by a superior team with better athletes, but to consistantly lose because you're coach always makes the wrong decisions at crunch time is maddening.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The last three weeks have been gut wrenching for Chef fan, no doubt, but at least you're not AP.

You're a good fan, Wagon.

Chin up.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Felix wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
actually they had the right play called and the Eggoans got away with a blatant hold on Gonzalez

how that wasn't called is beyond me
So... the same play that SD stuffed just a couple of plays previously was the right play?

oh, and the "penalty" wasn't called because the pass had already been picked off when Gonzales was grabbed
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cuda wrote:
oh, and the "penalty" wasn't called because the pass had already been picked off when Gonzales was grabbed
you might want to take a look at the replay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln2xWs0GeCE

after watching it a number of times it was obvious to me that Gonzalez was clearly held on that play

and I'm certainly no fan of the Chefs
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

War Wagon wrote:if it works you're a bloody genious, but if it doesn't you're a clueless idiot.
Good thing the world needs ditch-diggers, too.

Bliss.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Spelling smack, or did you actually have a point you were trying to make?

If the former, I was in a hurry at work, so sue me.

If the latter, spell it out.

Let's see your non "ditch digger" take on the topic at hand.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

I missed most of the game, but saw the last few minutes in the Hartsfield when the game switched.

I knew the Cheaps would keep it close - that 15.5 line was the Game of the year to bet.

As for the call to go for 2 - yea, WTF go for it - nothing to lose in a lost season
As for the Play Called - Poor. Anyone not know it was going to Gonzo?

I'd have had motion right, then Thigpen rolling to the weak side for Bradley or pushing it home himself.

Hindsight.