Okie st vs Mizzou

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Okie st vs Mizzou

Post by Adelpiero »

honestly, i'm more confident of this game than the Nebraska game. OSU reminds me of Tech, except they can actually run the ball and run it effectively. But they can't stop anyone to save their life(tech similarity). No doubt both teams put up many points, no one is going to completely shut OSU down, they have some very good players. their WR is a stud, they have an excellent TE, and they can run the ball, and their QB can run when needed and can pass the ball.

its a good game to have after Nubs. its not a trap game, because OSU is a good/decent team.

MU 57
OSU 39

little diddy from OU fan on tigerboard:

The okie state cowboys are coming to the Zou, the signs are everywhere.

As I was driving North on Hwy 54, I started to notice a bunch of broken down heaps along the road. Galaxy 500s, Plymouth Road Runners, several Pacers, and even two old wrecks that looked like that truck Jethro drove on the Beverly Hillbillies. There were no sings of occupants, and they had wisely removed their tags to prevent detection. They like to hide their numbers, so they can continue to draw government money after death.

As I crossed the Missouri River bridge in Jeff City heading North, I noticed smoke rising on the far shore. I couldn’t believe my eyes, but a sort of shanty-town had been quickly erected in the farmers field, and scores of OSU flags flew about the sad looking and unsound structures. Many of the aggies were “warshing up” in the river, and several had strung trot lines, limb lines, and some were even “noodling,” busy trying to catch breakfast. Several of the women folk were doing their laundry, and the men were seen whittling and throwing knives at trees. From what I’ve been told, Advanced Knife Throwing 335 is a very popular upper level course at OSU, and it has a very high placement level at carnivals all across America.

I felt compelled to stop by and welcome these travelers to Missouri, but it seems when I drove my SUV down towards them, they quickly started getting very defensive and began trying to distract me from their still. One aggie pretended to have a broken wing and attempted to lead me away from the still, while another, seeing I wasn’t fooled by the first attempt, quickly lopped off his thumb and began screaming. That got my attention, and after telling him where St Mary’s was located, I made sure to let them know I was not the “Missoura revenue-er” they all feared, but rather a Sooner fan wanting to welcome them to the state and to give them directions to the Zou. They claimed they were told if the followed the river shore “up yonder” (pointing north), that they would run into Columbia. I told them that it was quite a long walk and that Columbia didn’t really line up on the river exactly, and suggested they pile into the few operational vehicles and take 63 to Stadium, that they would be fine. They asked if they could let their sheep graze on the field, and I said “I really don’t know, but you do know it’s not real grass?” Seeing that I was no longer a threat, the aggies went back to making butter, lye soap and their other chores, and one aggie asked me with a droll voice and blank stare “so, yer from missoura?” I replied “Yes”. “Y’all got big possums up here. We collected over 25 from Branson to here on the road.” “That’s nice” I politely replied. “We’re gonna make the team a special stew before the game, it always brings ‘em luck. We always save the coaches the tails.”

After wishing them a nice trip, I began to think about leaving, and noticed a sneaky ag trying to siphon gasoline from my car. I quickly shoo-ed him away, and realized I had overstayed my welcome when I heard the dueling banjos getting fired up and a frisky look in some of the men’s eyes. I barely made it out with being violated.

So when you see a bucktooth hayseed in town tomorrow, be nice. It people like these that grow and raise the food we eat daily. We’ll actually, in Oklahoma, the Sooners own the farms, and the aggies are just the help, but someone has to shovel that sh1t.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Okie st vs Mizzou

Post by War Wagon »

The myth about Mizzou's supposedly weak defense gets put to rest here as they throttle those pussies from Stillwater.

Mizzou 52
Okie Lite 13

Mizzou can name their score and apparently they like that number.

No garbage time TD's allowed this week that make the final score look more respectable.

btw, saw some twats from the OSU message boards fairly frothing over being called Okie's from Muscogee by Tigerfan. Thought I'd see if I could raise a few hackles. The only poke fan I know of here is Ang, and she's mainly a CBB fan, god love her.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Okie State has a salty, balanced O that will give about anyone probs. In Stillwater would be damn close, in Columbia tigers will be too much.

I'll say

Mizzou 45
OSU 35
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

War Wagon wrote:The myth about Mizzou's supposedly weak defense gets put to rest here as they throttle those pussies from Stillwater.

Mizzou 52
Okie Lite 13
I certainly don't pretend to be the "Kreskin" of handicapping, but if OSU doesn't score more than 13 I'll be damn surprised.
If they don't as a direct result from Missouri's defense and not falling over themselves for whatever reason, than I'd believe MU's shot at something more than a conference title is legit.

I strongly believe OSU's offense is far better than Illinois'.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i posted before in the MU-NU thread, this will be a track meet.

i give Mizzou the edge at home and being the better team, but they might have to work for it. Okie State will come to play.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Okie St will give Mizzou all they want.
Tigers 48
O-St 38
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Compelling matchup. I'll take the over...whatever it is.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cornhusker wrote: I certainly don't pretend to be the "Kreskin" of handicapping, but if OSU doesn't score more than 13 I'll be damn surprised.
I used that number for effect. Maybe they score 21, i dunno...

But I do know this. OSU averages 305 yards rushing per game. That's fucking ridiculous. If you think they're going to march up and down the field against this Tiger line running the ball, you do have a surprise coming.

The Mizzou defense can and will absolutely shut down the run. I'll go out on a limb and say they get less than a hundred. Mizzou's glaring weakness has been blown coverages in the secondary... just enough to where it makes the entire D look suspect.

So OSU becomes one dimensional, abadoning the run, trying to pass on every down after they get down by 14 or more.

Mizzou's D-line and linebackers pin back their ears and make Zach run for his life. Sacks, interceptions, fumbles, hurried throws towards the folks standing on the sidelines are the result.

This is going to be another Prime Time national TV execution.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Dez Bryant could get 100 just running reverses.
OSU will run the ball for close to 200.
they will lose but they will still put up some numbers.
jiminphilly wrote:

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

DiT wrote:Dez Bryant could get 100 just running reverses.
OSU will run the ball for close to 200.
I love a guy not afraid to make predictions.

Well, master DiT... I hope they do try those reverses. They're likely to run into Brock Christopher or Sean Weatherspoon, depending on which direction they run... and get blown the fuck up.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

be sure to get the rest:
they will lose but they will still put up some numbers.
jiminphilly wrote:

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I got it David, and I'd have rather you called for an OSU win.

Spoilsport.

I'm going to say this again and put whatever "board cred" I have on the line.

The under respected Mizzou defense will absolutely throttle the OSU offense and give up 21 points or less.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that was basically a PAT the OSU kicker just missed.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

another missed opportunity for the Pokes. but, they got a little luck for Wolfert to miss. He's usually money inside 40.
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I think the refs owe the Tigers 14. The opening drive of OSU had that fumble in OSU territory which was denied and the phantom pass interference call. Take awy the 7 by okie and put it in the Tiger column. Fuck you, refs. Fucking bitches. Worse than Ed Hightower.
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

No doubt, that was a fumble.

But OSU defense is holding us down, so far.

I feel fortunate to be up at the half.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Looks like I may have to break into the hard liquor cabinet tonight.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Mizzou not sharp at all tonight -

Damn - just had a tip INT
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

e wrote:i'm about fucking tired of seeing brooke shields tonight,
Always been a scary looking unibrow beast
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

sometimes, in addition to saying things that make no sense*, Davie sounds like he hasn't watched a football game in 10 years.

*Davie: "if Missouri wins tonight, the Heisman will come down to next week in Austin. Chase Daniel and Colt McCoy".
Partner: "Is it right that the Heisman should be locked up this early".
Davie: "No".

wha?
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

e wrote:Chase Daniel wearing the 25 this week.

Is there a story behind it?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Say goodnight Gracie, Okie State is for real.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

well, Tigers... welcome to the October 11 non-celebrational whisky club.
"
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Wow - That sucked

Props Okies
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I wonder if Chase is going to complain about the dirty defense...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Rough night for top 3 in the coaches' poll. The more top teams we see dropping games, the better the odds that all the quality one-loss teams stay in contention for the MNC. We can still see as many as 3 unbeatens in the BCS conferences (Alabama, Penn State, Texas/Texas Tech/Oklahoma State) but there are a possible 4 other unbeatens from the other conferences as well (BYU/Utah, Boise State, Ball State, Tulsa). The battle in the Big XII South coming up is going to probably the most intriguing division to watch in college football.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

This is what happens when you play "high school" teams all year long... then play an UNRANKED team in the College ranks.

Welcome to reality.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

.m2 wrote:This is what happens when you play "high school" teams all year long... then play an UNRANKED team in the College ranks.

Welcome to reality.
does anybody speak mtool?
jiminphilly wrote:

SEASON OVER
Jake

Post by SEASON OVER »

War Wagon wrote:This is going to be another Prime Time national TV execution.
Let's get one thing perfectly clear..I'm a card caring executioner and I'd appreciate you take any of your "scab" takes, concerning the illustrious industry, and stick them in your Misery Losing Ass! Bwahhahhahhahaa...,.
LOSER!...Bwahahhhaaaaa...get it?... you lose!! Bwwaahahhhaaaaaa.......

Soooo... here's your favorite LOSER team's lid...Image Bwahhahwwahhhaaaa...I do this in large part because Missouri fan has won NOTHING!!!! yet you and your loser buddies post on this piece of crap board as if you're worthy of recognition...you got NOTHING...and that's what your team will have at the end of your saviour's senior season...Bwwahhahhahaaa...back to being insignificant LOSER! Bwahhahaaaahhaaa....

That feels good...how's it for you? Bwaaahahahhahhaaaa...more to follow...other losers as well!...Bwahhahhaaaa...
I RODE A TANK;IN THE GENERALS RANK;WHEN THE BLITZKRIEG RAGED; AND THE BODIES STANK.
PLEASED TO MET YOU.
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

You all didn't think we were going anywhere did you? The "mighy" keep on falling. So much for Mizzo AND OU but we knew that was coming.
We'll be welcoming Penn State to this party soon. :hfal:
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

War Wagon wrote: I'm going to say this again and put whatever "board cred" I have on the line.

The under respected Mizzou defense will absolutely throttle the OSU offense and give up 21 points or less.
:lol:
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

PISC wrote:Image
You all didn't think we were going anywhere did you?
If you listen closely enough, you can hear the sound of Toejam re-loading the bandwagon.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

That loss last night was as disappointing as any I've ever endured, like a punch in the gut quickly followed by a kick in the crotch. After the Int that sealed the game, all I could do was disgustedly turn off the TV, stumble off to bed and pass out. Woke up this morning with a killer hangover, hoping it was all just a bad dream, but it wasn't.

Props to the 'pokes. They're a damn good football team and they came ready to play, while Mizzou was cocky and over-confident, seemingly looking past this game to Texas next week. I'm guilty of the same damn thing.

Fucking hell, that hurt and will take some time to get over.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Okie st is good

they didnt even have their Stud TE, he was out hurt. MU had several chances, and Daniel peter'd it away. Dink and fucking Donk passing.

absolutely no in game adjustments. just keep forcing the ball into double coverage.

Ps #25 is for the Kid who died during off season workouts 2+ years ago. time to put a sleepy dog or dead player to rest. enough of it already.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

.m2 wrote:This is what happens when you play "high school" teams all year long... then play an UNRANKED team in the College ranks.

Welcome to reality.
you mean like scheduling Maryland and Colorado st.

oh wait, that maryland thing didnt go to well did it???
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

in the end,

all MU fans should be lucky to have a team that with a win could of gone to #1 in nation, and controlled their own desitny

program has come far, it was always a program that could win, if right person took over. talent in state, sleepers from elsewhere. Pinkel put it together.

goal is now KC. Go 5-1 down the stretch in Big12 and get to Big12 title game.

Okie St is good. i was surprised they went away from a lot of things they were moving the ball with. Gundy got conservative late
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

this was a game, where in the past, they would of folded like a tent and get bent over

even as poor as they played on both sides of the ball, they still had 2 shots to win it late in the 4th. 2 ints cost them. one after freeze frame, shows bal lhit the ground, but who cares, poor throw, u get what u deserve when u make a shit throw.

i dont believe they over looked OSU, OSU is too good to over look. they arent a maryland or a baylor. i think the coaching staff allowed the kids to get hyped over Tejas win, and not on taking care of buisness. Okie st coaches took their phones, computers, etc all away, they didnt want any thoughts about OU-Tejas game, all about MU. I know MU players were already thinking about Tejas game and being for #1. Some of the players are very cocky, not Ou's iglesias cockyb ut cocky. never understood it.