Notre Dame is horrible

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Notre Dame is horrible

Post by Adelpiero »

no more excuses

the fat man is a horrible coach, better start getting that $$$ ready to buy him out.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Notre Dame is horrible

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm feeling a little better about the game next week against them after seeing Michigan's offense show some signs of life today with Threatt as the QB and with seeing a San Diego State team that lost to Cal-Poly last week give Fat Charlie fits. The big thing I'd like to see improved is time of possession and their third down efficiency still stinks. Threatt isn't going to be the ultimate choice as the QB but he's the best they have for this year. Michigan's defense is good enough to not let the Irish's vanilla offense do too much to them. Their defense isn't going to be able to reign in the speed of Michigan's young skilled position players and Threatt will only get more comfortable with each game he plays.

Hey Claussen...nice hair. :lol:
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Adelpiero wrote:
the fat man is a horrible coach
He can have his pick of any job in America.

Sin,

Rumple
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

^^^^^^^^^^
this fat man can coach, gets more out of mediocre talent than anyone in country
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Claussen misses an open receiver in the end zone and then they go on and flub up the hold on a kick...looking like more of the same. No more excuses for him...you recruit top talent and they come out and look like this, the noose begins to tighten.

Licking my chops for next week.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I want to see ND lose, but that would require watching the game. It's tough. This is just horrible football.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Aztecs take the lead :lol:
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Oh boy is this great!

SD State lost to Cal Poly SLO last week, Weis should resign if they lose this game. :lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

They do have plenty of talent at the skill positions but not many teams are going to win when you're losing the turnover battle and their defense is soft. With so many weak teams on their schedule, it was set up on a team for them to rip off at least a .500 record but even that looks like it'll be a challenge. Holtz picking them to win 9 or 10 games is so laughable right now.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

he has his kids in there

no excuses
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Did they work on tackling in the off season?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Papa Willie wrote:ND-Michigan = Cripple Fight.

Michigan will smoke them next week...but that's not really saying much. If they had the right QB for the spread, is could be uglier than last year. Notre Dame has the most bland offense of the teams they've played up to this point...the defense should be able to force turnovers and win the battle at the line of scrimmage quite easily.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Shoalzie wrote:They do have plenty of talent at the skill positions but not many teams are going to win when you're losing the turnover battle and their defense is soft. With so many weak teams on their schedule, it was set up on a team for them to rip off at least a .500 record but even that looks like it'll be a challenge. Holtz picking them to win 9 or 10 games is so laughable right now.
Holtz is a joke and has been for years. That Dr. Lou spot that they have on ESPN is a bigger joke.
FIGHT ON!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:Michigan will smoke them next week
Michigan isn't smoking anybody until they figure out how to put points on the scoreboard. I could see another Miami of Ohio type victory.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Aztecs have been $$$$ on 3rd downs, what great blocking by the O line there!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

That looks like a TD to me...

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Michigan will smoke them next week
Michigan isn't smoking anybody until they figure out how to put points on the scoreboard. I could see another Miami of Ohio type victory.

With how bad the Irish is at the simple things like tackling...they'll make that inexperienced Michigan spread offense look like a well-oiled machine.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Give the Irish credit for taking advantage of what appeared to be an Aztec TD that didn't get overturned. That was a really nice sequence of throws from Claussen to Tate.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:With how bad the Irish is at the simple things like tackling...they'll make that inexperienced Michigan spread offense look like a well-oiled machine.
Michigan improved after the Utah game, and I expect ND to improve after this game as well...equating to a cripple fight. We'll see though. Nothing surprises me anymore.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I'm really hoping Michigan can make strides throughout the year...I'd be happy if that team plays it's best football at the end of the season if that means losing some games along the way. In some cases, new coaches benefit from playing with the old coach's talent...ie--Weis taking over for Willingham and making a BCS bowl. In Rodriguez's case, he's taking over a team that doesn't fit his system initially so it's a challenge to take square pegs and fit them into round holes. Next year, he'll have more round pegs.

Another nice throw by Claussen...very impressed with his play in the fourth quarter.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Congratulations on a HUGE win ND. :meds:
FIGHT ON!
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Total scabdick for ND, lucky call there on the goalline. Lucky for them this sched isn't very impressive. If they can't take a down Mich-team next week in South Bend I'd hope recruits start coming to their senses and looking elsewhere. This is Charlies fourth team and they have plenty of returning starters, no excuses for not being good.

Mich-game should be interesting. Winner gets a little momentum going, loser is looking at a rough season.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The ending of that game reminded me of the end of the Michigan-Utah game where the Irish looked out of it but rallied late in the game and the big difference is that they actually were able to pull out the win. San Diego State isn't a good football team and any team worth a crap would've wiped the floor with them. Claussen did throw the ball well in the fourth quarter to get them those two TDs. His continued development will the key to their season.

The way this ended sort of changes my outlook on next week but I still like Michigan's chances to go down there and get a victory. Michigan won't be able to get away with scoring 16 points next week and expecting their defense to carry them. Mgo said it best...they need to learn how to score points but as I've said, they need to improve big time on third down. This will be a very good measure for both teams on where they are. Notre Dame is at the point where Michigan will probably be next year...coming off a down year and look to take the next step. This is a bigger game for the Irish from that standpoint that this is Charlie's second year with his guys.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Caught about half of the 2nd half and I gotta say.....

No more arguing Irish fan....

The NCAA pays its refs to cheat in favor of you.

Even if that was a fumble (which it clearly wasn't....he was over the goal line), I am curious about 2 things...

1.Why were they so quick to view the replay? Were they just trying to convince the country they weren't cheating by reviewing it? Took them all of 10 seconds to review it. That should have taken longer.

2.Even if it was a fumble, why in the fuck did ND get the ball at the 20? The ball was recovered at the 1 yard line, not in the end zone. The refs completely fucked that up.

Also curious about that pass interference call on that deep ball to Golden Tate. Anyone see a PI on that or was that just a phantom call that ND always gets? They showed no replay.

I said to the peeps I was watching the game with that once ND recovered the fumble the game was over. I've watched enough ND games in my life to know how these things go. They always pull these out. They get every break in the world and they still suck.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Even if that was a fumble (which it clearly wasn't....he was over the goal line),
Need to clarify....the BALL was over the goal line.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Looked to me that the ball crossed the plane as well. What can you expect from a Big Least crew?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

http://notredame.rivals.com/showmsg.asp ... 61&style=2

Irish fans predicting blowout in the opener after a 3-9 season. Nice.

I see the Notre Dame message boards are melting down. Hilarious! They win and still melt down? When are their fans and administration going to quit being so fucking arrogant and realize that times have changed and it's not as easy to dominate like they used to? They wanted Davie fired. Then Willingham sucked. Now Charlie sucks. What a joke. I've been saying this for years......Notre Dame is FINISHED as an elite program. At least for the next 15-20 years. After that.....who knows. Dook might be an elite program by then. No one can predict that far into the future. But if you set the over/under on national titles for Notre Dame in the next 15 years at 1 I'd take the under.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

I'm going to have to agree with the Jon on at least one point. I'm not sure why the Irish got the ball at the 20 either. If the ball didn't break the plane of the goal-line and thereby giving SDSt the TD, it sure as hell never broke it when ND recovered that ball. It should have been ND's ball at the 1 foot line.
FIGHT ON!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I want to know why NBC didn't show a replay on the Pass interference call. That too was a big play in the game. Actually, nevermind.....I have a feeling I already know why they didn't show it......
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

My thoughts on the game:

Clausen needs to fucking cut his hair. I feel bad for the kid because he's 21 and going bald. Tha sucks, but that look is brutal. Other than that, he's going to be a player that you either love him because he's on your team, or hate him because he's not. I loved Quinn, but he was a robot. He showed zero emotion. Clausen shows emotion and is turning into a very good leader. His arm is much stronger than last year. His outs have much more zip on them and he throws a nice deep ball.

The level of athlete that Notre Dame has right now is better than at any time during the Willingham, Davie, or later years of the Holtz years. Armando Allen has all the tools to be a very good running back and an excellent return man. The defense was more active than any ND defense I've ever seen. Sergio Brown got beat on a great TD catch, but he made some plays by blitzing and blocked a punt.

Golden Tate will be an All American by the time he leaves. This is only his second year playing WR and he looks like a natural. He and Michael Floyd will make a great duo over the next few years.

Those were the positives. The offensive line fucking blows. They get zero push at the point of attack. I don't know if that's on Latina the OL coach, or Mendoza the S&C coach. Either way, they run block like a bunch of Vags.

Duval Kamara is only a Soph, but he needs to get much better in a hurry. Clausen's first INT hit him in stride, but he won't catch the ball with his fucking hands. On the second Clausen INT, it was an awful throw, but he didn't even try to play the ball.

ND's kicking game is awful. They can't kick, they can't hold, and they can barely snap.

Overall, it looked like an opening game. ND was very rusty on offense and played well on defense. Their lack of a pass rusher on the DL will cause them to blitz more wich will result in big plays both ways. ND lost the turnover battle and it almost cost them. They fumbled on their own five (which was a questionable call) and threw an int in their own end zone.

The fumble on SDSU was a tough call. The ball was out before the player was down, but you couldn't tell if the ball broke the plane. I think it was a touchback because when Bruton reached for the ball, his entire body was in the end zone.

As for ND winning a NC in the next 15-20 years, who knows. But you might want to take a look at the length of time between NC's for some of the bigger programs like UofM, Texas, USC, OSU, etc. So, ND finished? Hardley. They're a young team still finding their way. Coaches believe teams make the biggest improvement between the first and second games. We'll see how they perform the next game.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Killian

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote:I want to know why NBC didn't show a replay on the Pass interference call. That too was a big play in the game. Actually, nevermind.....I have a feeling I already know why they didn't show it......
You should know that Hammond and Hayden don't know what the fuck their talking about half the time. It wasn't a PI call, it was a dead ball call on SDSU. You can tell by the Refs explination.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Killian wrote:My thoughts on the game:

Clausen needs to fucking cut his hair. I feel bad for the kid because he's 21 and going bald. Tha sucks, but that look is brutal. Other than that, he's going to be a player that you either love him because he's on your team, or hate him because he's not. I loved Quinn, but he was a robot. He showed zero emotion. Clausen shows emotion and is turning into a very good leader. His arm is much stronger than last year. His outs have much more zip on them and he throws a nice deep ball.

The level of athlete that Notre Dame has right now is better than at any time during the Willingham, Davie, or later years of the Holtz years. Armando Allen has all the tools to be a very good running back and an excellent return man. The defense was more active than any ND defense I've ever seen. Sergio Brown got beat on a great TD catch, but he made some plays by blitzing and blocked a punt.

Golden Tate will be an All American by the time he leaves. This is only his second year playing WR and he looks like a natural. He and Michael Floyd will make a great duo over the next few years.

Those were the positives. The offensive line fucking blows. They get zero push at the point of attack. I don't know if that's on Latina the OL coach, or Mendoza the S&C coach. Either way, they run block like a bunch of Vags.

Duval Kamara is only a Soph, but he needs to get much better in a hurry. Clausen's first INT hit him in stride, but he won't catch the ball with his fucking hands. On the second Clausen INT, it was an awful throw, but he didn't even try to play the ball.

ND's kicking game is awful. They can't kick, they can't hold, and they can barely snap.

Overall, it looked like an opening game. ND was very rusty on offense and played well on defense. Their lack of a pass rusher on the DL will cause them to blitz more wich will result in big plays both ways. ND lost the turnover battle and it almost cost them. They fumbled on their own five (which was a questionable call) and threw an int in their own end zone.

The fumble on SDSU was a tough call. The ball was out before the player was down, but you couldn't tell if the ball broke the plane. I think it was a touchback because when Bruton reached for the ball, his entire body was in the end zone.

As for ND winning a NC in the next 15-20 years, who knows. But you might want to take a look at the length of time between NC's for some of the bigger programs like UofM, Texas, USC, OSU, etc. So, ND finished? Hardley. They're a young team still finding their way. Coaches believe teams make the biggest improvement between the first and second games. We'll see how they perform the next game.
From what I saw (missed the first half and the first part of the second half due to my son's youth football game), I would agree with all of those comments. I'll add the following:

I would've kicked the field goal on 4th and 2 late in the game. Not to rub SDSU's nose in it, but because a FG makes it a two-score game and puts the game out of reach. I was having a near panic attack at the thought of ND getting stuffed on 4th down, SDSU completing a huge pass play for a TD and then getting a two-point conversion, and ND having an all-but-guaranteed loss in OT. Yes, converting the 4th down wins the game, as does a FG, and more could go horribly wrong in a worst-case scenario on a FG attempt than on a run up the middle. But at that level, it should be easier to make a 29-yard FG attempt than it is to convert a 4th-and-2, at least from a percentages standpoint. I don't think the kicking game will improve if the coaching staff doesn't challenge the kickers.

As far as Weis goes, I'm beginning to think that it might be time to seriously consider the buyout option. I wouldn't do it in-season, because that would amount essentially to punting on this season, which isn't fair to the seniors. But if the team doesn't show considerable improvement during the course of the season, I'm not sure how much more rope you can give Weis. Yes, some of the problems yesterday were on his assistants. But (imho, anyway) he should have fired Latina after last season, and the fact that he did not do so goes a long way toward establishing his responsibility for this situation.

That was definitely a scabdick win, but a win nonetheless, and I'd rather be on that side of the ledger than on the other side. Particularly after last season, it's nice to start the season off on a winning note. But I'm also mindful of the fact that with one possible exception (sup, Syracuse), this was far and away the weakest team on our schedule. If we don't improve in a hurry, it's going to be another long season.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

They have a serviceable ground game with Hughes and Allen but their strength on offense will be the passing game. Claussen is a meathead but he looked solid in the fourth quarter and if the offensive line can give him time to throw, he's got plenty of targets to catch passes and they should be able exploit some of their lesser opponents weak secondaries. Killian, you talk about Quinn being a robot but the guy did win games he was a very productive passer. I think you can put up with a bland personality if means winning games. Claussen is a bit of hot head and a showboat but like I said before, if his line is better than last year and he can get time to throw, he can put up Quinn-like numbers through the air because of his talented group of receivers lead by Floyd and Tate.

The things to worry about were the 4 turnovers against a very mediocre San Diego State defense and the mistakes in special teams. It'll be interesting to see if they improve going into next week because Michigan was a team that was able take advantage of turnovers, penalties and special teams miscues against Utah but didn't quite do enough to win the game. The Irish should win if they don't make any bad errors. Michigan will do its fair share of fumbling around and looking pretty much like the Irish from last year but I think this Michigan team would've easily beat last year's Notre Dame team. That was one of the worst teams from a major program I can remember seeing since I've started watching college football.

My initial pick for next week: Michigan 24, Notre Dame 16
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I've got some pretty good vision and it sure as heck looked pretty conclusive that the ball had crossed. But that wasn't my problem. I can understand why it wouldn't be overturned. But my problem was the fact that they came back so quick which made me really curious if they actually took it serious. Just the fact that we're having this discussion means that it was a play the refs needed to take some time to look over instead of coming back so quick. As for the touchback. No way was that a touchback. It's where the ball is not where the player is. Kinda like when you see a guy make a catch in the end zone.....it's not a TD unless the ball is over too. Lefty......can you clarify? I'm about 99.99999% certain I'm correct on that. There is absolutely no doubt that ball never was recovered in the end zone. The ND player most definitely recovered that outside the end zone.
As far as Weis goes, I'm beginning to think that it might be time to seriously consider the buyout option.
But Terry, how many more times are we going to have to hear this from ND fans? I understand you're frustrated. Hell, I would be too if I were a Notre Dame fan. But when do you Irish fans start to look in the mirror and realize that winning isn't as easy as it used to be in college football and maybe all of these coaches we want fired aren't the problem? Maybe Charlie, Ty, and Bob all sucked. I guess it's possible. But after you've gone through a few coaches and still aren't at the level you hoped, maybe you need to come to the conclusion that the problem's not the coaches......the problem is unrealistic expectations.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

TheJON wrote:
As far as Weis goes, I'm beginning to think that it might be time to seriously consider the buyout option.
But Terry, how many more times are we going to have to hear this from ND fans? I understand you're frustrated. Hell, I would be too if I were a Notre Dame fan. But when do you Irish fans start to look in the mirror and realize that winning isn't as easy as it used to be in college football and maybe all of these coaches we want fired aren't the problem? Maybe Charlie, Ty, and Bob all sucked. I guess it's possible. But after you've gone through a few coaches and still aren't at the level you hoped, maybe you need to come to the conclusion that the problem's not the coaches......the problem is unrealistic expectations.
There is a contingency among ND's fanbase that would fire any coach who ever lost a game at ND. If you've read my posts, I think it should be quite clear to you that I'm not among them. Hell, I'm not even at the point where I'm definitely in favor of firing Weis at this point. Wait and see how this season goes, and if there isn't considerable improvement over the course of the season from where we were against SDSU, then fire him. But wait.

Also, I'm not one to see a coach firing as the panacea for a program going through rough times. And I've stated that I don't think you should fire a coach unless you're reasonably certain that you'll get a better coach. To lump me in with the "Fire (insert coach's name here) because we lost a game" crowd is about as ignorant as it gets.

As for unreasonable expectations, there are some ND fans who expect nothing short of a duplication of the Leahy era. Again, I'm not one of them -- the game has changed too much for any team to accomplish that ever again. As I've said before, I was at ND during the Faust years. At that time, I thought ND recapture its past magic. I was wrong. I won't make that mistake twice. It may take awhile, but ND will be back. And as Killian pointed out, there are any of a number of programs (USC, Texas, tOSU, LSU) which have had substantial gaps between national championship seasons.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Killian

Post by Killian »

TheJON wrote: I've got some pretty good vision and it sure as heck looked pretty conclusive that the ball had crossed. But that wasn't my problem. I can understand why it wouldn't be overturned. But my problem was the fact that they came back so quick which made me really curious if they actually took it serious. Just the fact that we're having this discussion means that it was a play the refs needed to take some time to look over instead of coming back so quick. As for the touchback. No way was that a touchback. It's where the ball is not where the player is. Kinda like when you see a guy make a catch in the end zone.....it's not a TD unless the ball is over too. Lefty......can you clarify? I'm about 99.99999% certain I'm correct on that. There is absolutely no doubt that ball never was recovered in the end zone. The ND player most definitely recovered that outside the end zone.
You can see through people? Wow, I'll start calling you Clark. There were two angles of that play. The first was right across the goal line on the side where Bruton came from. You see him dive, but you have no idea if the ball crosses the line. The other angle is from the corner of the endzone showing that the ball carrier lost the ball before he hit the ground. You can't tell from that angle if he crosses the line.

I'm not saying the touchback was the correct call. But I believe the rule is that if the defense has the ball, the back end of the football has to break the front endge of the enline, essentially the opposite of how a TD is scored. I know this is how it is on a safety. Either way, that was a questionable call.

Terry,

I think the issue with Weis is he is too comfortable right now. He built up a lot of good will with 2005 and 2006, but he burned through all of it last year and I don't think he realizes it. I think he views this year as "I took a step back and am letting the coaches coach, at the end of the year I'll make moves where I see fit." The problem is that next year isn't guaranteed like he thinks it is.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Weis let Latina and/or Mendoza go in the offseason because of the offensive line play.

What ND doesn't need to do is Baylor themselves. It's a term Phil Steele uses for teams who make changes basically for the sake of making changes and doom themselves to a lifetime of mediocrity. If they make a move, they need a bonafied coach. The last three coaches were all reaches.
But Terry, how many more times are we going to have to hear this from ND fans? I understand you're frustrated. Hell, I would be too if I were a Notre Dame fan. But when do you Irish fans start to look in the mirror and realize that winning isn't as easy as it used to be in college football and maybe all of these coaches we want fired aren't the problem? Maybe Charlie, Ty, and Bob all sucked. I guess it's possible. But after you've gone through a few coaches and still aren't at the level you hoped, maybe you need to come to the conclusion that the problem's not the coaches......the problem is unrealistic expectations.[/quote]
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

If they make a move, they need a bonafied coach. The last three coaches were all reaches.
Charlie was a reach?? How so? The contract he got was a reach, but the hire was not. Sometimes good coaches just don't work out well at certain places.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Yes, he was a reach. He had never been a head coach, and he had one year of college experience as a grad assistant at South Carolina. That is a reach. His lack of college experience is showing more than his lack of head coaching experience.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Killian wrote:Yes, he was a reach. He had never been a head coach, and he had one year of college experience as a grad assistant at South Carolina. That is a reach. His lack of college experience is showing more than his lack of head coaching experience.
Maybe, maybe not. But let's say his problem is lack of college experience (not sure I agree with that though).....

Charlie's had plenty of time to adjust to the college game, so I don't think that's the problem. I don't see how going after a coach that coordinated the offense of 3 super bowl championship teams is a reach. I understand the college game is different than the NFL, but good coaches have no problems adjusting. It's tougher to go from college to the NFL than visa versa.

What better options did you guys have at the time? Meyer said no. So who else? I know there was talk about stealing a current NFL head coach like Jon Gruden but that's just insane to think a guy like that would leave the NFL for any college job.

And going further.......if you were to fire Charlie, who would you get? The Notre Dame job isn't as attractive as it once was. Coaches aren't idiots. They know all about the previous 3 coaches being run out of town. So why would they want to come to South Bend and try and please an unrealistic fan base?

Let's see here.....

Skip Holtz......I'd rather have an offensive coordinator from a team that won 3 Super Bowls than a guy that's winning at a non-pressure school. Besides, would he be interested in following in his father's footsteps? Maybe.

Lane Kiffin......Young coach. Going to be fired for no reason after the year. Will get a lot of college offers, but still.....how has he proven he can win at this level as a head coach?

Greg Schiano..... If he didn't want the Miami job, I don't see why he'd want this.

Jim Harbaugh..... Maybe if he has a good year he'll become an attractive candidate for a real job, but this is still a pretty big reach.

Who else? I can't really think of many off the top of my head.

I think ND fan needs to just be patient and see what Charlie can do with his last couple recruiting classes. If he can't win with these guys then fire him. But I have a feeling 2009 and 2010 are going to be some pretty good teams.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

as a know-nothing outsider, do you really think it's plausible that ND buy out Weis? to me, even though it's maybe not looking so "up" i think you have to give him another year after this one.

and, that effectively i'd guess takes you out of the Skip Holtz sweepstakes....though, just off the top of my head this doesn't look (on the face of it) like a huge year for coaching vacancies. Syracuse i harp on and Tiller is stepping down (with replacement already named?)....but there's been so much movement in a couple of the last years most of the BCS jobs are either adequately filled or there are new coaches.

i forget who made the Phil Steele "Baylor yourself" comment but firing Guy Morriss to pick up Art Briles is more of the same. a guy (no pun intended) with an O scheme, a good O mind and a wing and a prayer in a heavily disadvantaged position in the Big XII South. why Briles didn't wait another year i don't know, unless he thought minus his QB (Kolb) he's looking at 6 wins and a drop in his coaching stock. Baylor? why?

not to get off topic, just to confirm the original premise.

i'm not sold that Charlie can't get you 10 wins and such, but it may be that he's got to move some assistants and/or coordinators (which is what i think Dan Hawkins needs to do--OC sucks). but, if SKip is the guy you want, you might have to move this year? though, i'm not a big fan of the "back to the past" type hire however indirect-wise it is with a Holtz.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

2003 to 2007?

Hell, it seems your "team" wins it every year.