22. Penn State
9-4 313 25
23. Wake Forest
9-4 203 NR
24. Michigan
9-4 112 19
25. Fresno State 9-4 91 NR

Others receiving votes

Alabama (7-6) 83; South Carolina (6-6) 64; Utah (9-4) 60; Florida State (7-6) 53; Rutgers (8-5) 53; Boston College (11-3) 47; California (7-6) 41; Pittsburgh (5-7) 34; Boise State (10-3) 25; Oregon State (9-4) 23; Nebraska (5-7) 17; Cincinnati (10-3) 13; Virginia (9-4) 12; Connecticut (9-4) 9; Michigan State (7-6) 9; Mississippi State (8-5) 6; Kentucky (8-5) 5; Notre Dame (3-9) 5; TCU (8-5) 5; Maryland (6-7) 4; North Carolina (4-8) 3; Texas A&M (7-6) 3; UCLA (6-7) 3; Central Florida (10-4) 2; Georgia Tech (7-6) 2; Louisville (6-6) 2; Arizona (5-7) 1; Colorado (6-7) 1; Oklahoma State (7-6) 1; Tulsa (10-4) 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The USA TODAY Board of Coaches is made up of 61 head coaches at Division I-A institutions. All are members of the American Football Coaches Association. This season's board: Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech; Mike Bellotti, Oregon; Bret Bielema, Wisconsin; Bobby Bowden, Florida State; Tommy Bowden, Clemson; Art Briles, Baylor; Mack Brown, Texas; Neil Callaway, Alabama-Birmingham; Gene Chizik, Iowa State; Mario Cristobal, Florida International; Sylvester Croom, Mississippi State; Mark Dantonio, Michigan State; Butch Davis, North Carolina; Todd Dodge, North Texas; Randy Edsall, Connecticut; Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee; Jeff Genyk, Eastern Michigan; Turner Gill, Buffalo; Joe Glenn, Wyoming; Todd Graham, Tulsa; Jim Grobe, Wake Forest; Dan Hawkins, Colorado; Pat Hill, Fresno State; Butch Jones, Central Michigan; Steve Kragthorpe, Louisville; Mike Leach, Texas Tech; Jim Leavitt, South Florida; Rocky Long, New Mexico; Bill Lynch, Indiana; Doug Martin, Kent State; Urban Meyer, Florida; Les Miles, LSU; Shane Montgomery, Miami (Ohio); Hal Mumme, New Mexico State; Rick Neuheisel, UCLA; Tom O'Brien, North Carolina State; George O'Leary, Central Florida; Gary Patterson, TCU; Bo Pelini, Nebraska; Chris Petersen, Boise State; Gary Pinkel, Missouri; Mike Price, Texas-El Paso; Mark Richt, Georgia; Mike Riley, Oregon State; Rich Rodriguez, Michigan; Greg Schiano, Rutgers; Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic; Mark Snyder, Marshall; Frank Solich, Ohio; Steve Spurrier, South Carolina; Rick Stockstill, Middle Tennessee; Jeff Tedford, California; Joe Tiller, Purdue; Bob Toledo, Tulane; Dick Tomey, San Jose State; Jim Tressel, Ohio State; Tommy Tuberville, Auburn; Charlie Weis, Notre Dame; Kyle Whittingham, Utah; Tyrone Willingham, Washington; Ron Zook, Illinois.

The AFCA prohibits coaches from voting for schools

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... titialskip
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Coaches poll is out

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Michigan?

Cute.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I call Bullshit...where is Vandy and Ole Miss...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Michigan ranked? Ahahahahahahaha!

Sincerely,
Utah Post Michigan ass kicking
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

This is the best most insightful poll of them all. All other polls are shit and should be disregarded.

Sin,
Only one UM's ranked in. :oops:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Five of Wisconsin’s opponents are in that Top 25. Remember that, NOJ, when you start calling us a “fraud”.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Goober McTuber wrote:Five of Wisconsin’s opponents are in that Top 25. Remember that, NOJ, when you start calling us a “fraud”.
I'll be curious to see how this compares to the poll in about mid-October once the off-season guessing and popularity contest is thrown out. Didn't hold up much last year and I suspect it will do the same again. Ohio State's automatic pass into the top 10 does get tiring. At least ND isn't in there.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

.m2 wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Five of Wisconsin’s opponents are in that Top 25. Remember that, NOJ, when you start calling us a “fraud”.
I'll be curious to see how this compares to the poll in about mid-October once the off-season guessing and popularity contest is thrown out. Didn't hold up much last year and I suspect it will do the same again.
You mean like the difference last year between week 6, when Cal was undefeated and #2, and the final poll when they were a .500 team? Moron.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Automatic pass? Let's see did you fall and blast your grill or dome on some of that rein faire chain mail? Or one of your fucking wind chimes? Let's see here sport OSU returns 20 FUCKING Starters one of which is a bona fide Heisman Candidate in Beanie Wells, a wealth of talent and experience on both offense and defense and they have one of the best coaches in America.

Over the last few years CHAMP they have lost to: Texas, ILL, UF, PSU, LSU...that is it...some of the best programs going today (Texas, LSU, UF) while also beating Texas and a annually gang raping Michigan since Tressel has been there. I am sorry your pathetic band of faggot hippie cock slurpers usually lose more games by mid season than OSU has lost over the last say 3 years and perhaps ONE day you will know what it is like to play in a BCS bowl or not...but you keep shining up the Sun Bowl or Holiday Bowl Trophies champ...

now all we need is TREX and the Board Bitch race will be 3 headed between you, toejam, and TREX...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

.m2 wrote:
I'll be curious to see how this compares to the poll in about mid-October once the off-season guessing and popularity contest is thrown out. Didn't hold up much last year and I suspect it will do the same again. Ohio State's automatic pass into the top 10 does get tiring. At least ND isn't in there.

Yeah, because Ohio State never actually finishes there, right?? You fucking dolt. They're Top 10 just about every year. They get an automatic pass because they always finish in the Top 10. Unlike Cal, who, well.......do they even still have a fucking team??? Seriously, when's the last time Cal finished in the Top 10? Off the top of my head, I can't remember a time they have.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Wisfraudsin is going to lose to Fresno State, so their season is going to be over early.

Ohio State should be banned from the NC game

There should be an annual BCS game between Oklahoma and tOSU. Winner to face the WAC champion... with UCLA getting next.

Actually its more that the Big 10.5 needs to be banned from scheduling any not BCS teams for their OOC schedule for the next 10 years, not just OSU, but top to bottom every game they schedule needs to be against a BCS team.

I happened to see their conference standings last year, earlier today. They had 10! bowl eligible teams. Only Minnesota which had gone 0-8 in conference didn't achieve bowl eligibility. 2 teams that were eligible didn't get a 13th game. 6-6 Iowa (4-4 in the Big 10), and 6-6 Northwestern (3-5 in conference). so they put 8 teams into bowls.

Ohio State 4-0 OOC during the season, 7-1 conference, lost bowl

Michigan 2-2 OOC, 6-2 con, won bowl

Illinois 4-0 OOC, 6-2 con, lost bowl

Wisconsin 4-0 OOC, 5-3 con, lost bowl

Penn state 4-0 OOC, 4-4 con, won bowl

Purdue 4-0 OOC, 3-5 con, won bowl

Michigan state 4-0 OOC, 3-5 con, lost bowl

Indiana 4-0 OOC, 3-5 con, lost bowl

We end up with a 3-5 bowl record, and one of those 3 wins was by Michigan who lost to a Div I-AA team to open the season. Every other Big-10 team was 4-0 OOC and yet they went 2-5 in bowl games. This is clearly a case of a very weak conference using questionable scheduling to disguise its weakness.

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote: Seriously, when's the last time Cal finished in the Top 10? Off the top of my head, I can't remember a time they have.
That's because you're an idiot.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Link me up to Cal's recent BCS win and or recent Football national championship...thanks in advance...

oh and wasn't it YOUR cal team that STRUGGLED with Air Force...I'll bet Tedford and all those faggot tree hugging wildebeasts would have loved to have even sniffed the BCS MNC game...

fuck off...

why don't you look at your own conference...did Northwestern beat Ohio State last year? No but STANFORD beat SC in their own fucking house as a 40 point favorite...maybe if they didn't step on their dick against teams they SHOULD beat they would bring a MNC home to the PAC 10...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

.m2 wrote:
TheJON wrote: Seriously, when's the last time Cal finished in the Top 10? Off the top of my head, I can't remember a time they have.
That's because you're an idiot.
Oh, my bad, they've finished in the Top 10 exactly 1 time the past 16 years. Wow, give them a cookie. That's exactly 1/3 of what Iowa has finished. And you're sitting there talking shit about Ohio State yet your program is only 1/3 as good as Iowa's and Iowa's is probably only about 1/3 as good as Ohio State. Yet, you're calling me the idiot?

You fucking dolt, nice Buckeye-Bills logo. Very creative. It would almost make sense if Tressel hadn't won a national title, dipshit. Bills 0-4. Tressel 1-2 in Championship games. But yeah, they should be banned from the title game because heaven forbid they've lost the last 2 years.

Remember when I told you to go kill yourself and how you'd be doing your fan base a favor? I wasn't kidding. You're the dumbest fuck I've ever seen on these boards and that says a lot.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

god I am actually going to agree with Jon...

I mean Tressel is 1-2 MNC games since BCS started as is Bob Stoops and Bobby Bowden...yep don't ever let them in...and for your information Rein Faire hippie...OSU didn't play their way in last year...go fucking troll MIZZOU Fan, OU Fan, USC Fan, WVU Fan and all the other teams that lost games to teams they shouldn't have (Mizzou lost to OU twice), OU lost to CU and Texas tech, WVU lost to FUCKING Pitt the last week of the season...fuck off...
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Link me up to Cal's recent BCS win and or recent Football national championship...thanks in advance...

oh and wasn't it YOUR cal team that STRUGGLED with Air Force...I'll bet Tedford and all those faggot tree hugging wildebeasts would have loved to have even sniffed the BCS MNC game...

fuck off...

why don't you look at your own conference...did Northwestern beat Ohio State last year? No but STANFORD beat SC in their own fucking house as a 40 point favorite...maybe if they didn't step on their dick against teams they SHOULD beat they would bring a MNC home to the PAC 10...

mmmmmmmmm...... I'm gonna give that SPIN, 1 JON on a 10 scale.

You never addressed the issue presented.

TheJON wrote: Remember when I told you to go kill yourself and how you'd be doing your fan base a favor? I wasn't kidding. You're the dumbest fuck I've ever seen on these boards and that says a lot.
You're starting to head down that slippery slope of INKYDAVE proportions again....

You do remember it wasn't long ago that you snapped without your meds.

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =3&t=28494
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Holy crap, Cal fucking sucks....

I just googled their history and my goodness it's pathetic. The last 30 years they've been a complete and utter embarrassment to the game of football. I mean, I've always known they sucked but I guess I didn't realize it was this bad. 5 Top 25 finishes in the last 32 years??? 5?? As in, 1 more than 4, 1 less than 6???? Is it even possible to suck that bad????

And this tool is always on these boards bragging about his program. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm an Iowa homer and maybe overhype them a bit. I can admit to that. But shit, in the last 26 years we've finished in the Top 25 13 times (5 times in the Top 10). In the last 26 years, Cal has 5 Top 25 finishes and 2 Top 10. Heck, going even more into detail.....Iowa has as many Top 10 finishes in the last 14 years as Cal does Top 25 finishes.

But this fuckwad is talking like they've got some sort of juggernaut in Berkley. Wow, why hasn't he been banned yet??? I'd like someone to explain to me why he's even allowed to post on here. Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

you asked why does OSU get an automatic pass... to the top 10...well let's see

in 2002 they started #13 and won the MNC to finish #1...
2003 they started top 3 and finsihed in the top 5
2004 they started in top 10 and slipped up
2005 they started in top 5 and finished in top 5
2006 they started #1 and finsished #2
2007 they started what #8 or so and finished #4 or #5

yep they haven't proven over the last 6 years idiot that they belong in the top 10...hell I could make the argument that it is an embarssament if they aren't top 5...
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Image I am actually going to agree with Jon...
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:
But this fuckwad is talking like they've got some sort of juggernaut in Berkley. Wow, why hasn't he been banned yet??? I'd like someone to explain to me why he's even allowed to post on here. Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do!
You're starting to snap again, retard.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Spelling smack?? Really???

Sorry, when I think of BerkEley, I think of Saved By The Bell. As in, Elizabeth Berkley. Berkley or Berkeley, she's the best one and she's straight nasty! Now go fuck yourself.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:Spelling smack?? Really???

Sorry, when I think of BerkEley, I think of Saved By The Bell.
You're not making a great case for distinguishing yourself from a RETARD.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

.m2 wrote:

Okay, that's it. I'm done with you. This will be my last response to a post from you. I'm not about to stoop to your childish levels. I'm no longer feeding the beast. In closing, m2, seriously man.......I'm sorry your life didn't turn out the way you hoped. For real. That's not me being an ass or me joking. I really am sorry for you and I feel bad. Hopefully you'll get through your struggles in life and maybe 5-10 years from now you'll grow up, find people that care about you and lead a productive life. Good luck to you m2, I hope you one day do find people who care about you and learn to mature. But this is a football board and since you're not willing to talk football, I'm going to ignore you.

I'm asking the rest of this board to chip in and get m2 some professional help or at least maybe lead him in the right direction. Stop making fun of the guy, stop talking shit to him. You're not helping him, only making it worse. And I'm serious with that. He's obviously got mental issues and he needs help. He has no one to turn to. No one cares about him. So I think this board should step up and help the guy out. If you guys were like this, you'd be begging for some help and think how you'd feel if no one was willing to help you through your problems. Whatever you can do to help out m2, you should. Please, I beg of you!

Thanks!
TheJON
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

TheJON wrote:
.m2 wrote:

Okay, that's it. I'm done with you. This will be my last response to a post from you. I'm not about to stoop to your childish levels. I'm no longer feeding the beast. In closing, m2, seriously man.......I'm sorry your life didn't turn out the way you hoped. For real. That's not me being an ass or me joking. I really am sorry for you and I feel bad. Hopefully you'll get through your struggles in life and maybe 5-10 years from now you'll grow up, find people that care about you and lead a productive life. Good luck to you m2, I hope you one day do find people who care about you and learn to mature. But this is a football board and since you're not willing to talk football, I'm going to ignore you.

I'm asking the rest of this board to chip in and get m2 some professional help or at least maybe lead him in the right direction. Stop making fun of the guy, stop talking shit to him. You're not helping him, only making it worse. And I'm serious with that. He's obviously got mental issues and he needs help. He has no one to turn to. No one cares about him. So I think this board should step up and help the guy out. If you guys were like this, you'd be begging for some help and think how you'd feel if no one was willing to help you through your problems. Whatever you can do to help out m2, you should. Please, I beg of you!

Thanks!
TheJON

Paging INKY.....
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

TheJON vs m200l?

Archive.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

TheJON wrote:I'm not about to stoop to your childish levels.
Yeah, you should just call him out to a fight.
But this is a football board and since you're not willing to talk football, I'm going to ignore you.

Did you really just drop that in a post in which you discussed absolutely nothing but M2?

Bigtime example of a KYOA, right there...

Again.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

m2 running noJ

Jon is going for the championship this year.

Florida State at #29....sweet....this is our year to crack the top 25
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

M2, I'm giving you your warning now. Knock the retard shit off.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

#15 is exceptional considering the Hokie receiving corp consists of a couple rookies, a drunk, and some overweight QBs.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:TheJON vs m200l?

Archive.
:lol:

Ohio State should be #1 given what they return from last year and they were the runners up in the title game. The choice for the preseason #1 should be the team with the best returning talent and considering they return their QB, RB and two receivers and the majority of their defense...I put them as the best team coming back. If they can go over to the Coliseum and win, I don't know how you couldn't put them #1.

As for Michigan, are they overrated? I have no idea how good this team will be so if they were ranked or unranked, I couldn't object to that. That first game against Utah should be a nice test for them. If they lose, I'm not going to call for RichRod's head on a plate or anything. This will be a work in progress and no matter how good they might become by the end of the season, they'll still go down to Columbus and get rolled up on.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:As for Michigan, are they overrated? I have no idea how good this team will be so if they were ranked or unranked
When there are large elements of the unknown, teams don't typically start the year as one of the 25 best. Michigan definitely got the benefit of the doubt here considering it's Michigan. I don't have a huge problem with that because there's little difference between #24, and say, #34 in week one. If I'm MichiganFan this year I'd rather fly under the radar though. Being ranked makes them an even bigger target now for teams like Utah.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

True, losing to Utah as the #24 team is a little less painful than losing to App State as the #5 team...especially when some believe the Utes could easily go to Ann Arbor and knock them off. The App State loss wasn't predicted by anyone outside of the state of North Carolina. It was probably a courtesy thing to rank them at all. Had they hired a lesser coach than Rodriguez, no way would they be ranked. If it was DeBord, I would've picked them to finish near the bottom of the conference this year.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

What do you guys think the spread for the Utah-Michigan game will be? I bet Utah is a 2 point favorite. Maybe I'm wrong. Not that it matters. Utah is going to win by 2 touchdowns. The Utes have everything going for them in this game and as long as they don't wet their pants playing in the Big House it should be a relatively easy victory for them.

Not only do they have more experience, but they're going to be spending a good chunk of their offseason preparing for Michigan and they'll be fired up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Michigan get completely ambushed in this one. And even though I typically don't expect teams to jump out of the gates firing in the season opener, this could be one of those games where a team jumps out to a 2 touchdown lead early and then coasts to victory.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Not a chance Utah will be a favorite in that game. UM will get probably about a 6 point spread to get more of a 50/50 action on the game.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Shoalzie wrote:True, losing to Utah as the #24 team is a little less painful than losing to App State as the #5 team...especially when some believe the Utes could easily go to Ann Arbor and knock them off. The App State loss wasn't predicted by anyone outside of the state of North Carolina. It was probably a courtesy thing to rank them at all. Had they hired a lesser coach than Rodriguez, no way would they be ranked. If it was DeBord, I would've picked them to finish near the bottom of the conference this year.
I called. I said that Friday night that there would be a huge upset at my bar and it would be App State (I was a little intoxicated). Said it to a Longhorn and he harrassed me about it all the way up until about game time. I don't think I would have called it if I hadn't been drinking though...
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

6 points isn't going to get 50/50 because the big money will jump all over Utah at that spread. It will be closer to a pick 'em. Vegas would get reemed at that spread.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:True, losing to Utah as the #24 team is a little less painful than losing to App State as the #5 team...especially when some believe the Utes could easily go to Ann Arbor and knock them off. The App State loss wasn't predicted by anyone outside of the state of North Carolina. It was probably a courtesy thing to rank them at all. Had they hired a lesser coach than Rodriguez, no way would they be ranked. If it was DeBord, I would've picked them to finish near the bottom of the conference this year.
I called. I said that Friday night that there would be a huge upset at my bar and it would be App State (I was a little intoxicated). Said it to a Longhorn and he harrassed me about it all the way up until about game time. I don't think I would have called it if I hadn't been drinking though...
i predicted the loss to OU loss to Colorado. In fact, i turned down tix to sit with CU buddies because of it.

just a feeling. and, i knew i was due to take some shit up here. it's how it is, college sports are a very poetic and often cruel cosmology.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

6 points isn't going to get 50/50 because the big money will jump all over Utah at that spread.
Ya think? I bet a lot of people will look on paper and be weary of selecting an unranked team to cover a spread vs a ranked team in their house. I think Utah can win, but I certainly wouldn't put a dime on them covering a minus.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

That line will be higher than 6

starting lines is 4-7 points, pending on the site.

Jonsense, i'll give you Utah and the 6?? small bet, say $20.
Last edited by Adelpiero on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Home dogs in the 1-3 point range covered the spread 75% of the time last year. If JON's spread prediction comes to fruition, and people are smart, they'll all be betting large on Michigan.