NU/MU - Let the pillow fight begin...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

NU/MU - Let the pillow fight begin...

Post by At Large »

So I was at the ISU/NU game yesterday and I was struck by a few things. Besides the fact that our team still plays with all the heat of an electric fireplace, our team also seems to enjoy playing at a mediocre level as they shot themselves in the foot five times in the first half with 3 turnovers and 2 defensive gaffs that gave ISU the ball back on penalties. There admittedly was some fire left in the belly of a few players on defense, but they still tackle like they are trying to bring down a step ladder, by tackling way too high. This took plays that should have been little to no gain and turned them into 3-yard gains. ISU averaged over 4 yards a play, had 28 first downs and were 9 of 22 in third down efficiency. They ran an amazing 102 plays to NU's 59. NU was never really in any danger of losing this game as even though ISU was up 10-0, I still felt that NU was a dose of Ritalin from blowing the game open, which they did in short order. They rattled off 21 straight points to close out the half and should have had at least 3 more as they were driving again with less than a minute, but then our QB Keller forgot that NU was out of time outs, so he decided to run for a few short yards, but they couldn't get the ball spiked in time to get any points out of it.

The second half featured a lot of half-hearted drives that fizzled followed by ISU's annoying drives that took up time, but produced only 7 more points.

I left the stadium fuming.

I have tried to be patient. I have written Callahan off several times on this board after bad losses, but then have been pulled back in when they manage to pull a small win out of their asses. That still doesn't change the fact that Callahan hasn't beaten a team ranked higher than 20. In year four, this team still plays with glimmers of an identity. He insists that they try to run the ball first, but then has to resort to a two-minute offense and seemingly can score at will then. You would think that he'd try to pass to set up the run...

Callahan also points to his massive playbooks as proof of his genius when this keeps a lot of his best players off the field. He only plays players that he trusts, which whittles down the talent pool a bit. It should be worrisome that 2 players that caught passes in yesterday's game were walk ons. A smart coach would try to tailor his offense to his team's strengths, but alas... You would also think that there might be something wrong with an offense that takes 2 years to learn, but an opposing team a week to figure out.

I've also criticized his attitude towards our defense. He fired every coach on a defense that finished in the top 25 and led the nation with interceptions and then have asked us to accept a 77th ranked defense that scares no one. It's purely a contain defense that gives up way too many yards and asks the offense to bail them out.

Before I go on, OU fans can save their 'we told you so' rants. Like I said, I've tried to be patient and hoped for the best, but after yesterday and then seeing CU and KSU get some national recognition for beating top 10 teams, I was struck with jealousy at our failure to win any type of big game and anger at what our team has been whittled down to. The last three weeks should be a wake up call to NU fans. We got humiliated against USC, took to the limit with Ball State and toyed with against ISU. Teams no longer enter our stadium and expect to lose.

So enough of my bitching about my team. On to the game:

Offense - Advantage Missouri. MU is just a better team on this side. They actually play some good playmakers, are consistent and seem to have an identity on what they want to do. My team can score if it wants to, but first they must wank around while Callahan glorifies in his playcalling with key players only seeing the field once every three plays because he has three different packages of receivers, which is what the NFL does, so it must be good!

Defense - Advantage Missouri. While NU played better this past week, they still let ISU stay around a lot longer than they should have. They need more speed and more fire out on the field, but like the offense, only the trusted players see the field, which puts players that can hit only on special teams, leaving the trusted players to make mistakes, but still continue to play. Missouri's defense is just as bad as NU's right now, but they are play at home and at night. They should play a lot better.

This is a first for me. Even through NU's darkest days in the Solich 7-7 era or Callahan's first year, I always felt that NU had a chance in big games, but now I have given up hope. We are stuck with Callahan until someone fires our AD. Callahan will get at least two more years after this one because our AD's argument to boosters is that Callahan needs at least that much time for the system to work. Maybe it will, but I'm tired of waiting. I've reached the point where I hope that NU loses so that more people will see that NU's not making progress. Callahan has reached a peak. One that I don't think he'll be able to surpass.

Let this be a lessen to our future AD. Don't fire a coach, then fuck up the coaching search and let a coach bail you out. You'll never have the power to force him to make some changes (like simplifying the offense or getting a better d cordinator). You'll have to grit your teeth and keep telling everyone to smile and wave and hope for the best.

MU 52 - NU 31 and I hope to God that I am wrong...
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

(l,r Pinkshirts, T-Rucker)
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Adelpiero wrote:Image

(l,r Pinkshirts, T-Rucker)
Pinkshirts... Very unfunny and unoriginal. What do you call your porous squad, the touchy-feely brigade?

Let me save you some time. We think N on the helmets is for Knowledge, too... :meds: :hfal:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

pick your poison

Who they gonna cover Saturday? I would say expect a loooooooooooong fucking Saturday night, but scoring will come in quick spurts and often!

Fuck Nebraska
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

Adelpiero wrote:pick your poison

Who they gonna cover Saturday? I would say expect a loooooooooooong fucking Saturday night, but scoring will come in quick spurts and often!

Fuck Nebraska
If you guys win, you'll keep Pinkel a lot longer. Who's fucked now?
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I was just looking at Missouri's stats. Jesus, you guys have the 104th ranked pass defense in the country? Now I'm a little hopeful that Callahan might have something to exploit, but I'm not holding my breath.
Last edited by At Large on Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

At Large wrote: If you guys win, you'll keep Pinkel a lot longer. Who's fucked now?
Being as how A.D. Mike Alden just got a two year contract extension and a $75k a year raise, I reckon we're stuck with Stinkel for the forseeable future, regardless.

To be fair, he's really only made one or two mind-numbingly stupid decisions so far this season, so maybe he's getting better.

Nah, he's still an arrogant bastard and any success this team has on the field comes despite him. Dude can damn sure recruit some talent, though.

Be very afraid of Jeremy Maclin, huskerfan. The redshirt freshman has been nothing short of phenomenal.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

So Mizzou can win the national title and Pinkel will have nothing to do with it. Nice. MizzouFan has standards, and they aren't backing down.

Newsflash: You guys are Missouri. You should be kneeling down at the feet of Pinkel thanking him for every W.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So Mizzou can win the national title and Pinkel will have nothing to do with it. Nice. MizzouFan has standards, and they aren't backing down.

Newsflash: You guys are Missouri. You should be kneeling down at the feet of Pinkel thanking him for every W.
thanking him for winning?

u act as if Mu shouldnt be a competitive team. the talent in state alone should make it competitive yearly, fighting for the Big12N title.

floundering and flopping to end every season doesnt cut it.

He has brought the program in the right direction, but he has proven he cant make the next step. This is his year to put up or get lost.

nebraska
ISU
aTm
Tech

all at home and KU in KC

thats 5 wins there, plues 4ooc wins, so 9 wins should be a must. anythign less is a joke!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Adelpiero wrote:He has brought the program in the right direction, but he has proven he cant make the next step.
Exactly. You need the big wins before the big expectations.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Adelpiero wrote:He has brought the program in the right direction, but he has proven he cant make the next step.
1-15 vs ranked teams MU is under Pinkel

this is his year to show me.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Adelpiero wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
1-15 vs ranked teams MU is under Pinkel

this is his year to show me.
EXACTLY.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So Mizzou can win the national title and Pinkel will have nothing to do with it. Nice. MizzouFan has standards, and they aren't backing down.

We'll settle for winning the Big XII North, thank you very much, but that's not going to be a gimme' by any stretch.

Look, if we're jaded, it's for very good reason. I couldn't even begin to list the stupid decisions that Pinkel has made over the past several years, but they are well documented.

That said, I do want to like this guy, he's just made himself very hard to like. But a North division title will erase a myriad of prior sins. If that gets done, I'll wipe the slate clean.
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

I thought a North title would appease me, but it's just left me more frustrated. Be careful what you wish for.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

I think the Tigers' defense will come out fired up and hold Nebraska to a FG on their opening drive, which will ultimately prove to be the difference in the game.

MU - 77
NU - 73
Last edited by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Keys, woman!"
At Large
Bitter Husker Apologist

Post by At Large »

It'll be like playing Madden 96.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Winning the north may actually be something to really brag about this year. Mizzou, Neb, KSU, KU, and CU are all in contention. Pinkel needs this to the most. Mizzou needs to make the next step. With their friendly sched I'll give Mizzou the inside-track.

Adel, I wouldn't be writing all those wins in just-yet. Your meh defense and/or Pinkel could blow any one of those games. When you have a one-sided team anything can happen.

I can't believe KU gave-away a home-game. Reminds me of the time we did a similar deal with Okie State in '98. Game went to the wire, probably would've lost on their turf. I'm sure Mangino was pissed. But it wouldn't surprise me to see KU take that game. They tend to play Mizzou tough and if Reesing is legit they will be a very scrappy team.

As far as Mizzou/Neb goes I thing it should be a dogfight, fairly high-scoring since neither team plays much D. But it is a night-game in Columbia, that stadium will be rocking and the home-field has served Mizzou well. I think we'll play respectably but lose a heartbreaker.

Mizzou 38
Neb 34
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

WOW

Nebraska fans and their delusional stories about the fans in columbia.

More and more bullshit stories from bugeater fans about their cars being keyed, being verbally abused, and being assaulted. Gimme a break, never, ever heard this story from any MU fans. I have heard of dickwad MU fans vs KU, but its pretty even, their piss bombs and MU antics are pretty even. But the stories from thugsker fans get bigger and worse by the season. Next it will be that 20 Nubs fans were shot by Columbia gangstas~

The rivalry is coming back, slowly, but its coming back. The hatred is coming back for each. This will never be a KU rivalry thing, but the hatred is back and its great.

Go MU
Fuck NU
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Heard some stories on the radio that Nebraskans going to the game are being recommended/told to drive down to KCI airport, and then rent a car for the trip to Columbia so they have a vehicle with Missouri plates so their own rides don't get vandalized.

Any truth to these stories, huskerfan?

Can't say if vandalism has happened to Nebbish vehicles in the past, but if so, that's some messed up shit of which I'd most definitely frown upon any punkass Tigerfans who'd do that.

I was in Columbia for my daughters softball tourney in 2005 during the last NU-MU tilt but didn't actually go to the game. I drove around the stadium though, and Big Red had most certainly invaded Tiger country in a big way. Looked to me from watching at a sports bar like about 20-30% of the crowd was wearing red.

I hear every one of 70,000 ticket's are gone this year, so I don't anticipate near as many husker faithful will be making the roadie.

Holy shit am I geeked for this game, but something worries me. Even though I know Mizzou is a more talented team overall and should simply buttfuck the corn in the mouth, they lack experience in "big game" situations like these. I'm not quite sure they're ready for prime time under the lights like this. They might have a case of the yips, especially in the 1st half when they normally just come out and blitzkrieg other teams into submission.

So based on that, I'm expecting a rather close game until well into the 2nd half before MU finally takes control.

Mizzou - 45
Nebraska - 35
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

War Wagon wrote:Heard some stories on the radio that Nebraskans going to the game are being recommended/told to drive down to KCI airport, and then rent a car for the trip to Columbia so they have a vehicle with Missouri plates so their own rides don't get vandalized.

Any truth to these stories, huskerfan?

Can't say if vandalism has happened to Nebbish vehicles in the past, but if so, that's some messed up shit of which I'd most definitely frown upon any punkass Tigerfans who'd do that.

I was in Columbia for my daughters softball tourney in 2005 during the last NU-MU tilt but didn't actually go to the game. I drove around the stadium though, and Big Red had most certainly invaded Tiger country in a big way. Looked to me from watching at a sports bar like about 20-30% of the crowd was wearing red.

I hear every one of 70,000 ticket's are gone this year, so I don't anticipate near as many husker faithful will be making the roadie.

Holy shit am I geeked for this game, but something worries me. Even though I know Mizzou is a more talented team overall and should simply buttfuck the corn in the mouth, they lack experience in "big game" situations like these. I'm not quite sure they're ready for prime time under the lights like this. They might have a case of the yips, especially in the 1st half when they normally just come out and blitzkrieg other teams into submission.

So based on that, I'm expecting a rather close game until well into the 2nd half before MU finally takes control.

Mizzou - 45
Nebraska - 35
I wouldn't say Mizzou has more talent. Neb has talent on D. Our D sucks but it is still a little better than your's while underachieving significantly. We need a coaching-change on the defensive-side badly and BC has to have more hitting during the season. I'd say your offense has more horses. I think the two teams are pretty-even, what I think puts Mizzou over in this game is it's a night-game in Columbia. That home-field advantage is enough to get you the tight win IMO.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

hardcrow
Fingerpainter

Post by hardcrow »

Missouri has the worst fans in the Big 12 hands down, this thread proves it, congrats fuck-heads...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

fuck heads?

How so, dick breath?

I consider myself a decent enough fan, as fans of teams go.

Who are you, and more importantly, who the fuck gave you permission to take a shit in this thread?

Bring something of substance or fuck right the fuck off, hardcunt.
hardcrow
Fingerpainter

Post by hardcrow »

Way to slide in your own shit, made my point, thanks...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

You don't have a point, dumbass.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

hardcrow wrote:Missouri has the worst fans in the Big 12 hands down, this thread proves it, congrats fuck-heads...
Eat a dick, Crow Fucker....you're just pissed because MizzouFan straight up REPRESENTS.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

We will as soon as he delivers us AT LEAST a Big 12 title.
Last edited by RevLimiter on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Noooo!!!

Damnit Paul, you're not helping.

Magoo is a Statefan
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

I fixed it Wags.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Good doggie. Now, roll over.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:Image
Shocking.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:
Shocking.
Like fucking clockwork. KFC Paul posting on Auto-Tard.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:
Shocking.
Like fucking clockwork. KFC Paul posting on Auto-Tard.
Spin it all you want Goobs- you're the most ankle-bitingest FUCK since Kaley. Wear the crown proudly, darling.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
hardcrow wrote:Missouri has the worst fans in the Big 12 hands down, this thread proves it, congrats fuck-heads...
Nobody is worse than CU.

Cup full of piss out front shoulda told ya.

:D
I don't know. K-State fan is pretty fucking obnoxious for not having won shit. Ever.
"Keys, woman!"
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Like fucking clockwork. KFC Paul posting on Auto-Tard.
Spin it all you want Goobs- you're the most ankle-bitingest FUCK since Kaley. Wear the crown proudly, darling.
Face facts Paul. You’re one of the biggest (literally) retards on the internet. I’m certainly not the first person to tell you that, and I won’t be the last. When people bash on you, it’s not ankle-biting. It’s just the natural order of things. For you, it’s survival of the fattest.

The fact that you have been banned more than once is further evidence of your tardliness. You're so fucking retarded, you have to borrow your "takes" from other boards. Look in the mirror, Paul. Face the truth. Embrace your inner tard.

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:Face facts Paul. You’re one of the biggest (literally) retards on the internet. I’m certainly not the first person to tell you that, and I won’t be the last. When people bash on you, it’s not ankle-biting. It’s just the natural order of things. For you, it’s survival of the fattest.
No, YOU (and everybody else) face facts Goobs- I am NOT "literally" one of the biggest retards on the Internet. In fact, NONE of you know what I look like, PERIOD. All you have to go on is a 7 year old Photochopped picture. PERIOD. And even if I WAS "fat" if you have to go to that card to "smack" me then you are fucking pathetic and have the maturity of a 7 year old.
The fact that you have been banned more than once is further evidence of your tardliness.
Wrong AGAIN- we can thank Kaley and his big brother Orcinus for that nonsense.
You're so fucking retarded, you have to borrow your "takes" from other boards. Look in the mirror, Paul. Face the truth. Embrace your inner tard.
Actually I "borrowed" takes from other boards because I was too lazy to hammer them out for myself. And I'll continue to do so from time to time...and there's not a DAMN thing any of you can do about it. In fact, I might hold a contest soon to test some of you to see if I ripped certain takes from other boards....just to piss some of you off some more. You see Goobs, you and quite a few more of you take this message board stuff ENTIRELY TOO SERIOUSLY. I don't. That's why it cracks me up to no end to see you and some of the other REAL tards get yer panties all in a bunch when I say or do something that you don't agree with.

Keep up the good work, son.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yep. In the past 24 hours you have gone with:

IKYABWAI
You are melting
You are ankle-biting

What could possibly be left? Oh yeah.

You take this message board stuff ENTIRELY TOO SERIOUSLY.

What a complete fucking retard. :lol:

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

I don't know if I'd go quite that far, but Mgo does have a point to an extent.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/di ... /index.php

Mizzou's all-time winning percentage: .538
Mizzou's winning percentage under Pinkel: .514

For a guy who takes as much grief as Pinkel takes from Mizzou fan, he's awfully close to the overall pace of the program. It's not exactly as though you guys were rolling off national titles left and right before he came along.
Adelpiero wrote:is his year to put up or get lost.

nebraska
ISU
aTm
Tech

all at home and KU in KC

thats 5 wins there, plues 4ooc wins, so 9 wins should be a must. anythign less is a joke!
Not saying that Mizzou won't/shouldn't get 9 wins this year, but for Mizzou fan to say that anything less than 9 wins is a joke of a season belies his team's history. You have to go back to 1969 for the last time Mizzou posted a 9-win season.

You should be very thankful if you get that.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Let's just say that our expectations have grown with the aquisition of a lot of home grown talent. While we may not have our sights set on a National title or even close to that level (yet), a North division title isn't too much to aspire to.

Just because a certain program has never performed at a high level, doesn't mean that program should forever be relegated to mediocrity. Or to put it another way, if Mizzoufan expects the team to piss down its collective leg year in and year out, that's exactly what they'll get.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Goober McTuber wrote:Yep. In the past 24 hours you have gone with:

IKYABWAI
You are melting
You are ankle-biting

What could possibly be left? Oh yeah.

You take this message board stuff ENTIRELY TOO SERIOUSLY.

What a complete fucking retard. :lol:
Or even better, I'll just go with the coup de grace....the truth (for you that is) is a real BITCH.

Your last post above is NOTHING but a "IKYABWAI", Goobs...the very thing you insist on ankle-biting me with each and every day. :meds:

Dammit, I just gotta STOP being so RIGHT all the time around here- I'm starting to make you and others look really, really bad.