Sooner fan, Horn fan exchange pleasantries, world yawns...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Sooner fan, Horn fan exchange pleasantries, world yawns...

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2897910

[Insert righteous indignation take here]
Last edited by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Keys, woman!"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

thats his 2nd arrest in like 2 months.

Purify had been charged with two counts of assault, resisting arrest, trespassing and failure to comply after a May 5 incident at a downtown bar. Purify was accused of throwing a man over a table, hitting him several times and striking the man's girlfriend.
i bet he's suspended till the Missouri game :meds:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

for whatever reason, there has been lately large groups of Husker fans visiting both netbuffs.com and tigerboard.com. the latter seem incredulous that MU might actually hope to beat them this year and have teh audacity to mutter it out loud. in addition to the standard Keller/Montana stuff.

netbuffs, well, kinda the same as always (Callahan invented the forward pass, HCBC is recruiting 8 star genetic experiments from a top secret military program, "just wait til he gets his player/it's the system" stuff as usual....but more of it.

this is not to impugn any of our quality Husker posters here. every fan base has the knucklehead factor.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

tigerboard is unreadable

the nebraska and kst tards are 2nd to none in that place.

the myopic MU idiots are laughable. what an abortion of a message board
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

every fan base has the knucklehead factor.
wUrd
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

if nebraska loses purify for season(which should happen), they are in trouble, their WR core isn't great as it is, and he is their leader and pure #1 WR. Their wr core slips after purify ,a definate shot to the team.
GrizBearStare
Elwood

Post by GrizBearStare »

King Crimson wrote:in addition to the standard Keller/Montana stuff.

Could I ask for some clarification here? Do you mean there are posters comparing Keller to Joe Montana? Or are there new xfer rumors about Keller?
From the moment we leave the forest, Dan, it's all a givin' up and adjustin'.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the former--Keller should have a good year, but the hyperbole is running in torrents.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

if nebraska loses purify for season(which should happen),

I see this playing out one of 2 ways.

He is either kicked off the team or remains suspended indefinetly and he enters the Supplemental draft....or

The original charges now go to court and due to the eyewitnesses involved contesting the trumped up charges, the original charges get dropped and he gets 2-3 games for the DUI

2-3 games tops, back by USC in my opinion.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Frank Beamer's growth wrote:The original charges now go to court and due to the eyewitnesses involved contesting the trumped up charges, the original charges get dropped and he gets 2-3 games for the DUI
Exactly.

That's the only hope he has now that he's screwed up diversion. Problem is the court timeline could drag on well into the season and Callahan won't let him play (and rightfully so) until he's met his court date and the subsequent outcome. He has witnesses that will testfy on his behalf in the bar room fight. He could have played out diversion, sat out 1 game, maybe just a half and been done.

Dumbass plays act 2, and now he's pretty much screwed unless the first offense is thrown out in court.

The DUI ain't going anywhere but on his record,... dude might get 6 games straight up because of the timeline plus the team penalty. Callahan has got to be pissed and he's shown he won't tolerate player's BS. But I'm betting the drinking issue will be forefront and he'll be forced into rehab and community service... he'll say "f*ck it, who needs school anyway, I'm headin' to the league." Specially if he only would get half a season.

Thing is the guy has a good relationship with the coaches and his teammates. He just likes his booze too much. I can relate.

Dude is a tough cover near the goal line.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Unable to say a word since a Texas DB was arrested for breaking into a car. Mack has suspended him indefinitely.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Cornhusker wrote:
Frank Beamer's growth wrote:The original charges now go to court and due to the eyewitnesses involved contesting the trumped up charges, the original charges get dropped and he gets 2-3 games for the DUI
Exactly.

That's the only hope he has now that he's screwed up diversion. Problem is the court timeline could drag on well into the season and Callahan won't let him play (and rightfully so) until he's met his court date and the subsequent outcome. He has witnesses that will testfy on his behalf in the bar room fight. He could have played out diversion, sat out 1 game, maybe just a half and been done.

Dumbass plays act 2, and now he's pretty much screwed unless the first offense is thrown out in court.

The DUI ain't going anywhere but on his record,... dude might get 6 games straight up because of the timeline plus the team penalty. Callahan has got to be pissed and he's shown he won't tolerate player's BS. But I'm betting the drinking issue will be forefront and he'll be forced into rehab and community service... he'll say "f*ck it, who needs school anyway, I'm headin' to the league." Specially if he only would get half a season.

Thing is the guy has a good relationship with the coaches and his teammates. He just likes his booze too much. I can relate.

Dude is a tough cover near the goal line.
Watch now, this thing will get fast tracked and he will have an answer by the end of July.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

A Colorado fan taking cheap shots at Nebbish fan for team arrests... that's rich.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

SunCoastSooner wrote:A Colorado fan taking cheap shots at Nebbish fan for team arrests... that's rich.
I thought the tongue-in-cheek nature of the thread was fairly obvious. The whole point is that pretty much all our favorite teams have had their fair share of fuckups over the years.

(Although if you really wanted to get technical, I'd be willing to bet that unl still leads CU in "team arrests" over the past 20 or so years. Don't forget, Carruth didn't murder his pregnant wife until he was in the NFL.)
"Keys, woman!"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

CU had no arrests or criminal files charged in the 04 Barnett/recruiting party/rape allegation "scandal".

right or wrong, i don't know. but, that's how the system played out--and the administrative head of the university lopped off.

what CU did get, was a lot of trial by the national media extending beyond the sports media. such that: nationally, the perception is that there were many crimes committed--.

now, i can say that documented and unpunished academic fraud by athletes i have seen firsthand at CU--but, that happens everywhere. though, that doesn't make it right.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

King Crimson wrote:CU had no arrests or criminal files charged in the 04 Barnett/recruiting party/rape allegation "scandal".

right or wrong, i don't know. but, that's how the system played out--and the administrative head of the university lopped off.

what CU did get, was a lot of trial by the national media extending beyond the sports media. such that: nationally, the perception is that there were many crimes committed--.

now, i can say that documented and unpunished academic fraud by athletes i have seen firsthand at CU--but, that happens everywhere. though, that doesn't make it right.
I do think it's kind of ironic how everyone in the media is bending over backward to heap praise and apologies on the Duke lacrosse team after they were exonerated, but virtually no attention was paid to the fact that, like you said, the whole CU "recruiting scandal" resulted in exactly zero arrests and/or charges, despite it being a relatively big national story when the "scandal" first broke.
"Keys, woman!"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sorry Mike, it is nothing personal against you but my experiences with Colorado fan have never been good ones. They rank right up there with the LSU fans in matters of class and conduct IMHO.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

SunCoastSooner wrote:Sorry Mike, it is nothing personal against you but my experiences with Colorado fan have never been good ones. They rank right up there with the LSU fans in matters of class and conduct IMHO.
Well that's a different argument entirely. I certainly can't defend some of the dumbass moves CU fan has pulled over the years. All I can do is try to set a good example for my fellow Buff fans. If you want to compare CU fan behavior with unl fan behavior, there's really no contest - 'sker fan wins by a country mile (no pun intended). But if you want to compare player behavior, I think that's a different story. Like I said earlier, all of our teams have had some bad apples over the years, and I'm certainly not trying to stand outside my glass house lobbing stones (or bags of urine, as the case may be), but if there was a way to compare police blotters, I'd guess CU has had fewer players in trouble than unl.

Ultimately, this story makes me happy not because it somehow taints unl's sterling reputation, but simply because it means they lose a playmaker and become that much more beatable.
"Keys, woman!"
hardcrow
Fingerpainter

Post by hardcrow »

Vito Corleone wrote:Unable to say a word since a Texas DB was arrested for breaking into a car. Mack has suspended him indefinitely.
Damn I had that link copied and ready to paste in this thread..... :lol:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: Like I said earlier, all of our teams have had some bad apples over the years, and I'm certainly not trying to stand outside my glass house lobbing stones (or bags of urine, as the case may be), but if there was a way to compare police blotters, I'd guess CU has had fewer players in trouble than unl.
I think Texass has us all beat over the last half decade as far as player arrests.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

yeah, but we've got Adrian Peterson's nefarious crack ring on the shoulders of our conscience. he also sells vodka to junior high students across the street from Norman West, that's what my sources are telling me.

and Mack only recruits character. he doesn't offer kids with issues, like renegade coaches like Stoops.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

King Crimson wrote:yeah, but we've got Adrian Peterson's nefarious crack ring on the shoulders of our conscience. he also sells vodka to junior high students across the street from Norman West, that's what my sources are telling me.

and Mack only recruits character. he doesn't offer kids with issues, like renegade coaches like Stoops.
I can't believe more people aren't all over the Minco Macy shit to be honest...

Texass authorities couldn't find him on the UT football sidelines for two years? He stuck his penis in a 6 year old boy for God's sake!!!!
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Ultimately, this story makes me happy not because it somehow taints unl's sterling reputation, but simply because it means they lose a playmaker and become that much more beatable.[/quote]

Not that it will matter when they play Colorado.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Gotta rack the avatar:

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i bet CU's record against .500 teams is as good as Nebraska's since Callahan took the NU job. if not, it's pretty close.

the last time Nebraska won a game that mattered was when? wasn't even this century, let alone winning the conference. maybe beating OU 01?
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Yeah that may be right, but they also haven't lost to a I-AA.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

let's make a list, it's called "the number of ranked teams that Bill Callahan has beaten as a college coach".

you start.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

2004: None
2005: Iowa St. Michigan. 2/3 ranked that NU played that season.
2006: Texas A&M 1/5. Which included 4 teams in the top 10.

Yeah its not great but look what he had to work with.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Frank Beamer's growth wrote:2004: None
2005: Iowa St. Michigan. 2/3 ranked that NU played that season.
2006: Texas A&M 1/5. Which included 4 teams in the top 10.

Yeah its not great but look what he had to work with.

Frankie's team won 10 games his last year, did he not. before passing out in his car drunk, a year later.

i'd need to see proof that ISU was ranked in 05. they certainly didn't finish the season ranked. nor did ATM in 06.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

http://www.huskerpedia.com/2000s.html#2004

Also note in Frankie's last year they didn't beat anyone decent and when they played marginal teams they got blown out. See Texas, K-State in Lincoln, and Missouri. Frank inherited a team coming off the 1997 National Title and had a lot of talent on his teams early in his coaching career. Once Osborne's players were gone Frank's recruiting really showed how far he had let the program slide.

I looked up records of CU and Nebraska vs teams .500 or below snce 2004 when BC took over.

2004 NU lost to: Southen Mississippi who was 7-5 2005 NU lost to: Texas Tech 9-3 2006 NU lost to: USC 11-2
Texas Tech 8-4 Missouri 7-5 Texas 10-3
K-State 4-7 Oklahoma 8-4 Okie St. 7-6
Iowa St. 7-5 Kansas 7-5 Oklahoma 11-3
Oklahoma 12-1 Auburn 11-2
Colorado 8-5

Below or at .500 teams NU lost since BC: One

2004 CU lost to:Missouri 5-6 2005 CU lost to: Miami 9-3 2006 CU lost to:Montana St. (I-AA)
Okie St. 7-5 Texas 13-0 Colorado st. 4-8
ATM 7-5 Iowa St. 7-4 Arizona St. 7-6
Texas 11-1 Nebraska 8-4 Georgia 9-4
Oklahoma 12-1 Texas (Big XII) 13-0 Missouri 8-5
Baylor 4-8
Oklahoma 11-3
Kansas 6-6
K-State 7-6
Nebraska 9-5
CU vs teams .500 since 04: 5

Well that came out looking like crap.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

A big problem for Solich was TO pushing him to staff as TO wanted. Solich never wanted Bohl as DC, TO did. Several of the guys from TO's tenure just got too old, they couldn't recruit for shit and their coaching had gone down-hill. Solich's other problem was that he micromanaged and tried to do too-much himself. Plus Eppley became just a figurehead in S&C, things had gotten very slack. All of these problems were addressed in 2003 when the staff was revamped, I'd say that was a well-coached program that was going places. It is incorrect to say they got blown-out when playing any marginal teams, they beat several that made-it to bowls. What dictionary is being used for the term "marginal"? That same KSU team blew OU away, Mizzou was undefeated at-home, and Texas was just too physical. Plus a lot came together for Mizzou to get that big win. Overall they did finish behind us with a couple losses to teams we beat. I can't reall look at any game in 03 and say they were lost due to coaching considering what we had to work with, and the recruiting was going well before Pedey killed it. While BC's staff does recruit very well there has definitely been times I thought a better-coached team could have gotten the W.

I understand the hate for Solich. I was one of the many calling for his head back in 02. But when he got the chance to revamp I wiped the slate clean and took a "OK, let's see where we go from here" mindset. I think things were going pretty-well in 03 and that staff at-least deserved the chance to put a complete recruiting-class together and play another season. If Pedey really didn't want Solich he should've fired him right-away so we wouldn't have wasted a year with his passive-aggressive bullshit. I wouldn't have complained a bit if Pedey just pulled the plug in 02, do what you gotta do, but don't bring guys in just to undermine them and fire them at the first opportunity.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

SunCoastSooner wrote:A Colorado fan taking cheap shots at Nebbish fan for team arrests... that's rich.
Perhaps Hokie fan should get in on this action :oops:
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
King Crimson wrote:yeah, but we've got Adrian Peterson's nefarious crack ring on the shoulders of our conscience. he also sells vodka to junior high students across the street from Norman West, that's what my sources are telling me.

Texass authorities couldn't find him on the UT football sidelines for two years? He stuck his penis in a 6 year old boy for God's sake!!!!
Do I really need to go over all the crap that has happened at blOwU since stoopid took over? I'm really looking forward to watching you pricks take it in the ass by the NCAA.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

My favorite is that OU gets busted for using banned supplements and blames it on the company sending out the same thing only different. Huh??
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Vito Corleone wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

Do I really need to go over all the crap that has happened at blOwU since stoopid took over? I'm really looking forward to watching you pricks take it in the ass by the NCAA.
Please do...

Texas has had three weapons charges, enough robberies to lose count, something like 8 different drug charges, and a sexual molester of young boys in the last five years.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Harvdog wrote:My favorite is that OU gets busted for using banned supplements and blames it on the company sending out the same thing only different. Huh??
Er, you mean how OU self-reported the training staff giving out sports drinks that were perfectly legal for the players to use but not for the school to give out?

And how those drinks weren't the perfectly-legal-to-give-out drinks that had been ordered but had been sent in error by the company-something the company admitted in a formal letter?

Jesus, man. You guys are really desperate down there. That TOTALLY rises to the same level as a child molester prowling the sidelines.
Yeah. It is amazing how problem at OU is someone else's mistake. Like Bomar.....it was the Car dealership that was overpaying him.....like Peterson.....it was the Car dealership that ws giving him a Lexus to drive for 4 months while "decided" if he could afford it. Like the MMA artist who beat 2 kids almost to death. Now the supplements. Right, they wrote a letter after they were caught. So if they had not been caught would they have written the letter??
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Dusty Dvoracek? You mean the guy who was kicked off the team for a year when he knocked his buddy off a bar stool while horsing around? Unlike the roid-raging fullback you guys had who tried to beat a guy 80 pound lighter than him to death at a party and never missed so much as a down?
That's the guy. Dusty "Rhodes" Dvoracek. Knocked his buddy off a bench while horsing around? Then why did he sit out a year if they were friends and just horsing around? What about the other guy that he almost crippled? I guess he didn't matter. Brock Edwards gets in a fight. Isolated incident. It is not like he was arrested 4 times for alcohol problems, then kicked the shit out of a buddy, went to rehab, anger management courses and made a PSA and was reinistated. Wait a minute, that was Dusty. Sorry.

It is so funny how you want to rag on all the things that Texas has had go worng but blame everyone else or at least ahve asome excuse as to why a Sooner player would do something wrong. We have our share of fuck ups. Robert Joseph would have started this year. He broke in a car and is gone. Mack is now looking at back grounds and player character because he doesn't want the negative stories about the school. Stoops could care less.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Dude. Child molester on your team.

Child molester.

I'll take 100 Dusty Dvoraceks over a child molester. No matter how much you want to spin, child molester on your team=you lose.
There is no spin on a child molester. I think that is the most disgusting thing a human can do, well except maybe be an OU fan :wink:. Did he do it while he was at UT??? No. He was accused of the crime in 1999. If I am not mistaken, has he been convicted of a crime? If he did it he should be locked up and they should throw away the key.

All the stuff I talked about OU happened while these guys were under the control of the University. How would you know if a guy had done this? It's not like the coaches were showing up to his house and he was like...."I like to stunt on this play to get to the QB and when I am there I want to molest him like a 6 year old." He was also heavily recruited by OU. So what does that mean?
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

I think we've established this thread title should be changed.
Anyone?
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Cornhusker wrote:I think we've established this thread title should be changed.
Anyone?
Done.
"Keys, woman!"