Woody Harrelson's father dies in prison...Interesting Life!!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

4 king guy
Elwood

Woody Harrelson's father dies in prison...Interesting Life!!

Post by 4 king guy »

DENVER — Actor Woody Harrelson's father, Charles Harrelson, died of a heart attack in the Supermax federal prison where he was serving two life sentences for the murder of a federal judge, officials said Wednesday.

Charles Harrelson, 69, was found unresponsive in his cell on the morning of March 15, said Felicia Ponce, a Bureau of Prisons spokeswoman in Washington.

Fremont County Coroner Dorothy Twellman said an autopsy showed Harrelson had severe coronary artery disease. She said he probably died in his sleep. "It appears it was very sudden."

Charles Harrelson was convicted of murder in the May 29, 1979, slaying of U.S. District Judge John Wood Jr. outside his San Antonio, Texas, home. Prosecutors said a drug dealer hired him to kill Wood because he did not want the judge to preside at his upcoming trial.

Charles Harrelson denied the killing, saying he was in Dallas, 270 miles away, at the time.

Wood, known as Maximum John for the sentences he gave in drug cases, was the first federal judge to be killed in the 20th century.

Charles Harrelson was transferred to Supermax, the highest-security federal prison, after attempting to break out of an Atlanta federal prison in 1995. Other inmates at Supermax, about 90 miles south of Denver, include Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski, Oklahoma City bombing coconspirator Terry Nichols and Olympic Park bomber Eric Rudolph.

His son got his start in acting as Woody the bartender on TV's Cheers beginning in 1985 and went on to star in films including Natural Born Killers,White Men Can't Jump and The People vs. Larry Flynt.

Woody Harrelson's publicist did not immediately return a call seeking comment Wednesday.

The actor was just 7 when his father was first sent to prison, for murdering a Texas businessman. He was in college when his father was convicted of the judge's assassination.

Harrelson has declared that he was involved in John F. Kennedy's assassination. Some think he was one of the three tramps photographed after being arrested on November 22, 1963, in a boxcar in the railyard near Dealey Plaza. Harrelson's arresting officer, Marvin L. Wise, claims that the three men in his custody were released after a few hours of questioning. The other arresting officer, David V. Harkness, testified that there were several individuals removed from the train that day other than the three individuals in the photograph. Dallas Police Department documents presented to the public in 1992 indicate that three transients arrested by Dallas officer W.E. Chambers with no connection to the assassination were jailed for six days for vagrancy, and that one of those men was named John Gedney.

Wikipedia biography of Woody's Dad!

Keenedy Assasination pics

I bet none of you have/ had a dad like Woody's dad!!
bray2
Elwood

Post by bray2 »

I took a dump today, and there was corn in it. The problem is, I have not eaten any corn lately.
You know I know, and I know you know that I know.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I blame Bush.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Just another reason for Woody to take 1 or 100 more bong hits today.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

bray2 wrote:I took a dump today, and there was corn in it. The problem is, I have not eaten any corn lately.
You live in Nebraska. People like you would be plungered in other states...there, you are Cobbed.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Jsc810 wrote:Seems like he should have been executed after the first murder.
I'm sort of surprised you said that, since it probably would have been impossible.
The actor was just 7 when his father was first sent to prison, for murdering a Texas businessman
Woody Harrelson's page at IMDB says he was born on July 23, 1961. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000437/ That would mean that his dad went to prison sometime in 1968 or 1969.

You are aware of the decision on the death penalty that came down a few years later, aren't you?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Justa Heel
Justa Cum Gargler

Post by Justa Heel »

poptart wrote:Ima tard.