Plummer...Traded to the Bucs

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Plummer...Traded to the Bucs

Post by d-townmike »

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_ ... 11121.html
(CBS4) ENGLEWOOD, Colo. The Denver Broncos have traded quarterback Jake Plummer to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, CBS4 Broncos Insider Gary Miller reported Friday.

The Broncos will receive a fourth-round draft pick, according to Miller. The trade could be officially announced as early as Friday.

Plummer lost his starting job with the Broncos to rookie Jay Cutler late last season.

Stay with CBS4 and cbs4denver.com for the latest on this story
I think it was still a little too early to trade him and the team hasn't given Cutler enough playing time to be an effective starter. Plummer DID get us to the playoffs last season but injuries and an overall weak offense this season, especially with Kubiak leaving this season, put a lot of pressure on either quarterback.

Because Cutler wasn't given adequate time to become more comfortable in the starting position, and now the veteran is gone, there is now even more pressure placed on him to perform up to the extremely high expectations that Broncos fans demand.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

This opens the door for the Broncos to sign Jeff Garcia
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Some people here in Tampa are pissed that the Bucs didnt bring in Garcia, but he wanted too much money. He is also 37.

Plummer is a journeyman but the Bucs need someone to run Gruden's offense b/c Simms isnt the right guy for for the West Coast offense. I am not totally thrilled about the trade but what other available QB's are out there?

Gruden has sunk the Bucs ship. I cant wait until he is let it go at season's end.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Not to worry, Bucfan-Plummer just fucking retired.

:lol: :lol:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Raydah James wrote:Not to worry, Bucfan-Plummer just fucking retired.

Absolutely classic. Rack Jake for wiping his cock on the drapes on his way out the door. 4th round draft pick? I don't fucking think so Shannarat.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

No biggie. The Bucs won the SB 4 years ago and now a journeyman QB doesnt want to even play here. Thanks Jon.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

:lol:

What a friggin pussy! Nice way to crash land your career there Jake!

Now, the real question is will he retire as a Bronco or a Buc? He did get traded before announcing his retirement.

ehh, screw it, deal him to Arizona where he probably should have retired from in the first place.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

He just doesn't want to be a backup. Everyone knows Simms is the starter there. He will play next season.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

By the way, the report I heard was that he was considering retirement. If he did, in fact, claim retirement, then yeah, he sits a year due to the ruling.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Cicero wrote:Some people here in Tampa are pissed that the Bucs didnt bring in Garcia, but he wanted too much money. He is also 37.

How much did he want? I never heard a $$ come from his camp...

As for his age.. dude showed he's got some mileage left on those legs. Bill Walsh once said Garcia ran the West Coast as good as anyone he's ever seen.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

So the trade deal apparently is off, Plummer will retire as a Bronco...

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_ ... 32145.html
(CBS4) ENGLEWOOD, Colo. Denver Broncos Jake Plummer is apparently ready to retire instead of be traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, CBS4 reported Friday.

Sources close to the situation told CBS4 Plummer has all but decided to retire. The sources said he was already leaning toward retirement before the trade was announced and the idea of another chance with the Bucs probably won't change his mind.

CBS4 Broncos Insider Gary Miller confirmed Friday morning that the Broncos had a deal to trade Plummer to Tampa Bay for a 4th round draft pick.

ESPN.com and NFL.com first reported later in the morning that Plummer told friends and associates Friday that he planned to retire from the league rather than play football in another city.

Plummer spent four up and down seasons in Denver, eventually losing his starting job late last season to rookie Jay Cutler.

Stay with CBS4, d-townmike, and cbs4denver.com for the latest on this story. An official announcement about Plummer's future was expected before the end of the weekend, perhaps as early as Friday.
He probably just thinks he's too good to be #2. I don't blame him though. It is hard on someone's ego to be demoted and replaced by a rookie.

He wasn't that bad of a QB. Yes, he had his moments, but he did get us to the playoffs last season and we were well above .500 before getting the demotion in Week 16 this past season. He never had a losing season in his four years here.

I'm just a bit skeptical on how a rookie QB is going to get us 1) to the playoffs and 2) to the Superbowl and 3) win the super bowl!
hardcrow
Fingerpainter

Post by hardcrow »

Rack Jake gl perusing your hippy dreams... :logan:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

d-townmike wrote: Now, the real question is will he retire as a Bronco or a Buc?
Who gives a fuck? What, you think he's going to Canton?
ehh, screw it, deal him to Arizona where he probably should have retired from in the first place.
and then:
He wasn't that bad of a QB. Yes, he had his moments, but he did get us to the playoffs last season and we were well above .500 before getting the demotion in Week 16 this past season. He never had a losing season in his four years here.
So which is it? Make up your mind already.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

War Wagon wrote:
d-townmike wrote: Now, the real question is will he retire as a Bronco or a Buc?
Who gives a fuck? What, you think he's going to Canton?
and then:
So which is it? Make up your mind already.
If he had just stayed or retired in Arizona, Jake would have never had to deal with the lack of acceptance here. The only reason people ran him out of town (or tried to anyway) was because his name wasn't John Elway and he threw incomplete passes every once in a while ( :meds: ). But people fail to realize that he really wasn't all that bad here. Not the greatest, not perfect, but decent and found ways to get the job done most of the time. He won many important games but also blew some important games as well.

I just don't think Cutler has enough confidence, or the experience, to be an effective starter.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

d-mike... you DO realize this is a smack board, right?

Nevermind... I could no sooner be mean to you than kick my dog, even though you are a Mulefan. Poor thing.
I just don't think Cutler has enough confidence, or the experience, to be an effective starter.
Trade ya' straight up for Brody Croyle. Deal? I didn't think so.

Cutler will be twice the QB Flubber ever was, and you can take that to the bank.

Goddamn mulefans... you buys them books, you sends them to school, and they're still the most ignorant football fans on the planet.

Oops! I did kick you, but it was sorta' a half-hearted kick. It's the off-season.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I don't care to get into the specifics of this clusterfuck.

I'll just rest peacefully on the notion that both Shanarat and Wonderboy took it up the @zz somehow.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

And they both made more $$ last year than any clone posting on this board will make in their lifetime.

BODE the rat and the plunger.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mikey wrote:And they both made more $$ last year than any clone posting on this board will make in their lifetime.sans Zyclone

BODE the rat and the plunger.
ftfy
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

fuck gruden and plummer

if he cant beat out simms, he should of retired. simms is fucking horrible.

gruden and his raiderflunky of a gm have ruined this club.

i hope the glazers fall from the upper deck at old trafford and die.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Adelpiero wrote:fuck gruden and plummer

if he cant beat out simms, he should of retired. simms is fucking horrible.

gruden and his raiderflunky of a gm have ruined this club.

i hope the glazers fall from the upper deck at old trafford and die.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

He fits Gruden's system better than Simms. I like the pickup. I hope the Bucs sign Pettigout to play LT and then go after Alan Branch in the draft.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Shoalzie wrote:Garcia to Tampa...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2786694
From PFT:

GARCIA ASKED RAIDERS NOT TO DRAFT QUARTERBACK

We threw it out there last night as a possible explanation for the impasse between the Raiders and free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia. And we've now learned that, for a change, our closed-eyed wing-and-a-pray guess was on the mark.

We're told that quarterback Jeff Garcia didn't sign with the Raiders for one reason and one reason only -- the team would not give him an assurance that a quarterback would not be selected with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft.

It's really not an unreasonable request. Who would ever want to be the lame duck starting quarterback? If the Raiders were to struggle to start the season, the denizens of the Black Hole soon would have been chanting for the other guy.

It's also our understanding that the money in Oakland was equal to the money that Garcia is getting from the Bucs. We're told that Garcia will make $5 million in 2007, and that the total value over two years could be as much as $14.5 million, based on Garcia being the starter and the team making the playoffs.

For now, though, it's an open competition between Simms and Garcia, especially since the base value of their deals is identical. Indeed, we're told that Garcia has not been promised the starting job.

Of course, if he ends up being starter, his situation won't be much different in Tampa than it would have been in Oakland. The backup quarterback (as Garcia learned in Philly) is often the most popular guy in town.

Are you fucking kidding me???

Now let me bring you back to Reality, Jeff-you're a 37 year old backup QB who had a decent run in Philly last year after absolutely sucking dick with the browns and the lions in the years previous......and you want a guarantee that we wont take a freak of a franchise QB at #1 so we can build the team around you?

Buwahahahahahahahaahahahahaha!

Fucking faggot.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Cicero wrote:He fits Gruden's system better than Simms. I like the pickup. I hope the Bucs sign Pettigout to play LT and then go after Alan Branch in the draft.
You guys don't want Calvin Johnson if he falls to the Bucs?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Raydah James wrote:We're told that quarterback Jeff Garcia didn't sign with the Raiders for one reason and one reason only -- the team would not give him an assurance that a quarterback would not be selected with the No. 1 overall pick in the 2007 draft.

Either this means the Raiders are going to draft a QB and were probably going to anyways regardless of them signing a veteran in free agency or the Raiders thumbed their nose at a guy that was trying to call the shots before he stepped foot in their lockerroom. There honestly aren't any #1 QBs in free agency...just a group of aging vets that were starters at one point and either lost their jobs or have become career backups. If the Raiders signed Garcia...to pass on Russell or Quinn at #1 would be putting a lot of faith in Garcia and Andrew Walter to be their duo for this year. Unless they trade Moss, that #1 pick has to be a QB for the Raiders.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Shoalzie wrote:
Cicero wrote:He fits Gruden's system better than Simms. I like the pickup. I hope the Bucs sign Pettigout to play LT and then go after Alan Branch in the draft.
Do you realize who you're addressing here? Cicero is a stuck capslock key and an ankling Kaley away from being KFC Paul.......without the slight football knowledge.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Branch plays on the inside of the line but the Bucs might need to look for a DE at their spot perhaps...the NFL Network is reporting Dewayne White signed with the Lions. I haven't found a link yet...it said it was a 5-year deal.

White played under Marinelli in Tampa for several years so both guys should be familiar with each other. Marinelli is cleaning house with the defensive line by getting rid of James Hall and Marcus Bell and bringing in White. I give the Lions some props...they've added their third new starting player to the team in a couple of days.

Back to Johnson...I really have a hard time thinking the Raiders will take him if they don't trade Moss. The Lions probably will pass on him since they have a decent 1-2 punch in Williams and Furrey plus they're chasing Kevin Curtis. The Browns need a running back although Johnson and Braylon Edwards would be an awesome duo. Tampa at #4 can either go defensive end with Adams or inside with Branch or complete their young duo of receivers by taking Johnson and he start opposite of Clayton. Between those two receivers, Alex Smith at TE and Cadillac at RB...they've got their skill positions addressed.

Let's say Tampa passes on Johnson...does Arizona take him with Fitzgerald and Boldin already there? Washington at #6 wouldn't pass on him. I think that's maybe as far as he'll fall but I really believe Tampa Bay is the right spot for him.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Garcia hasn't played a full season since '02.
In 8 games last season he played very well, but it's important to note that he was playing behind one of the very best O-lines in the NFL.
Is he going to get that kind of protection in TB, and can he hold it together for a 16 game season ... ?
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Tart, your thoughts on Plummer being our QB next season?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'd rather have him than Garcia.
Not that I'm crazy about either, but Plummer is younger.

Hey, we need an established vet -- even if we are going to draft QB with #1 overall.
Slim pickins right now in the available vet QB market.

Plummer (at this point) is better than Walter.
Until we can really fill the QB spot, I'd be alright with him.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Raydah James wrote:

Now let me bring you back to Reality, Jeff-you're a 37 year old backup QB who had a decent run in Philly last year after absolutely sucking dick with the browns and the lions in the years previous......and you want a guarantee that we wont take a freak of a franchise QB at #1 so we can build the team around you?

Fucking faggot.
Uhhhh....it was DETROIT and CLEVELAND. You act as if it was the Pats or Indy. Those two franchises suck. Come stronger than that.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

YOU come stronger, Trix'.

Turn it around.

Why, when the dude is 37 yrs old and has failed to play a full NFL season since '02, would he dream that the team he is going to ought to guarantee him that they won't draft a QB of the future .... ?

Answer ... ?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

T REX wrote:
Raydah James wrote:

Fucking faggot.
Uhhhh....it was DETROIT and CLEVELAND. You act as if it was the Pats or Indy. Those two franchises suck. Come stronger than that.

The Lions were bad when he was there but he did play for his old coach from Frisco and they ran a West Coast offense. He was marginally successful but neither he nor Harrington were going to be all that good behind that offensive line. He should do well in Tampa Bay because he's familiar with the system. I don't think I'd have him in another offense...his best years were in the West Coast offense.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

poptart wrote:YOU come stronger, Trix'.

Turn it around.

Why, when the dude is 37 yrs old and has failed to play a full NFL season since '02, would he dream that the team he is going to ought to guarantee him that they won't draft a QB of the future .... ?

Answer ... ?
I challenge the story to begin with. Do you think Gruden promised him a starters job? No way. Either way he had to win the job here or in Oakland. He's 37. Why would he tell a team not to draft a qb? Like he thinks he's going to play forever? That story doesn't really add up. No one makes demands like that. Just face it. Your franchise is a shitstain on the league right now. As bad as my Bucs have been, the raiders have been that much worse.

Either way the original point was lame-o was acting like he was playing on perennial championship squads with deep winning traditions. Hell no. Both of thise teams are designs on futility. I'll go out on a limb and say Garcia had little to work with in either stop. That being said....after watching his play in Philly he's an immediate upgrade at QB. Drafting Calvin Johnson.....you see where I'm going......upgrades, big upgrades. Gradkowski was in over his head. I like the signing and I'll take it.

Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Shoalzie wrote:
I dont want to draft another WR in the first round. Most of the time they dont make an instant impact as it is. I know he seems like a cant miss, but the Bucs need help on the Defensive side of the ball especially along the D-line. If not Branch, then maybe Jamal Anderson DE from Arkansas.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

The point cicero is that the defensive side is much deeper this year and impact players will be found in later rounds while CJ is the best player in the draft.

Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

BSmack wrote:

Absolutely classic. Rack Jake for wiping his cock on the drapes on his way out the door. 4th round draft pick? I don't fucking think so Shannarat.
Wait till he finds out it's going to cost him somewhere between $5 Million to $7 Million to retire because he'll have to repay his signing bonus.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Mal
Keepin' it real

Post by Mal »

Shit at this point I'd take Plummer in a second in Oaktown.

That statement alone shows how far we have fallen as a franchise....

Do the mules still own his rights or do the Bucs now?

Cause you know the rat ain't dealing with Oakland.

Personally I believe that his "retirement" was a negotiating ploy that blew up in his face when Garcia was signed. Now it's gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Regardless if w are drafting a QB #1 or not we need a vet in here to help the kids out.

Walter has the shellshocked look of a vietnam vet after spending more time on his back last season that Jenna Jameson in her latest flick and Tui is a never was.

Give me a veteran QB, and about three new O lineman, and a TE, and a better RB, and a starting WR....

Ahh fuck it just give me some respectibility for now...
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Rumor has it that Plummer will be traded to Oaktown from the Bucs. Can't wait to see THAT deal.....Glazers getting over on davis again.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

T REX wrote:
poptart wrote:YOU come stronger, Trix'.

Turn it around.

Answer ... ?
I challenge the story to begin with.
Do you have inside information like the source does?

If not, then shut the fuck up and save your useless theories about what you think happened during negotiations and leave it to those who do know, cunt.

No one makes demands like that. Just face it. Your franchise is a shitstain on the league right now. As bad as my Bucs have been, the raiders have been that much worse.
Except for the fact that our young, top 3 defense would absolutely assfuck your pathetically old jurassic fucking team into a painful submission at this juncture.

We're a freak named JaMarcus and an O-line away from piledriving the rest of the fucking league.........and one of those problems will be solved come draft day.
I like the signing and I'll take it.
Of course you would, you're a dumbfuck who has proven time and again that you dont know a damn thing about Pro Football.

Lets go year by year here:

1999-Jeff Garcia has a 77.9 rating and the whiners go 4-12. Hell of a job.
2000-Under Knapp he improves his QB rating and record to 6-10
2001-Knapp takes over as OC and Garcia has a great year (94.7) and 12-4
2002-10-6 and Garcia's rating has declined ever since-84.5
2003-Garcia has a 80.6 QB rating and they go 7-9

Keep in mind Garcia has a very good team (with TO performing great in 2000 and 2001 but starting to become a cancer in 2002-2003)

2004-Garcia is on the browns and plays horribly. The team goes 4-12

No Line and he sucked.
Ask any Browns fan and they'll tell you how bad Garcia can be.

2005-Garcia continues to suck. His QB rating is 65.1 (3TD to 6 INT). He only played in 6 games but showed that with no supporting cast he's nothing.

Detroit had Mike Martz, Roy and Mike Williams and Kevin Jones and their oline was terrible. Garcia didn't do anything.

2006-Garcia has a miracle year flash in the pan with a team that has been NFC contenders (except for last year when they had superbowl slump). Keep in mind of the games Garcia played where he actually mattered he was 4-2. Not bad, but the team would have won with or without him. To prove the point, AJ fucking Feely had a 122.0 QB rating in the only game he played and the Eagles won it (week 17).

2007-Signs with Bucs, who have no fucking O-line and a shit supporting cast, and hasnt played a full season in 4 years.

Yeah, great signing there, Buctard

The Raiders will be the ones laughing when Garcia sucks again in Tampon Bay.

T REX wrote:Rumor has it that Plummer will be traded to Oaktown from the Bucs. Can't wait to see THAT deal.....Glazers getting over on davis again.
There was a first time?

Oh, you mean losing multiple first and second round picks in consecutive years that led to your team being as horrid as they are now and paying 8 million cash on top of it for a one year wonder coach is considered "getting over"?

How's that other coach doing that you guys kicked to the curb for wonder boy?

Calling you a fucking idiot these days is like saying the sky is blue.