MD owns DOOK

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

G.O.
Elwood

MD owns DOOK

Post by G.O. »

as long as its not NC, right, helmet?
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

McRoberts stinks. He doesnt have a shot. His touch around the basket is suspect and outside of the BC game, he hasnt stepped up in a big game all year.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Werd. McRoberts might be the most overrated player in the country.

The only reason he gets run is because he looks like a yuppie rich white boy from suburbia who can throw it down like a ghetto kid from the Bronx.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

an Alleged 2nd coming of Christian???

....say it isn't....

DUCK FOOK!
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

McRoberts is fine, he's just an NBA 3 trying to play a college 5 on a team with very little other interior options. Sure he's not the dominant force he was touted to be coming into college but he's still a pretty darn good player and as I've told Mustang, he'll be a better pro when he can play his more natural position.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Could be, but it's frustrating to watch right now. Dude can rebound, dribble, pass, and dunk like few other big guys I've seen. But how about a little arc on the shot, eh? Shine's right....he doesn't look comfortable at all with his back to the basket. He gets it down low and his first thought is "find someone open." And a lot of time he does. But he's got too much ability not to be able to score better. Rich yuppie kid? Bravo. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Nice boilerplate, brain dead anti-Duke mantra. How about something new?

Losing to Maryland? Frustrating. Setting aside that I despise Maryland with their douchebag coach and neanderthal fans, that damn Vasquez is a gem. Love how that guy plays. Twerps match up well against Duke....then again, a lot of teams match up well against a team with one senior and one junior. But they're kind of on a roll lately, beating Carolina and now Duke on the road. That'd boost anyone's confidence. They're ramping up at the right time. Gotta' give sweatin' Gary props on that.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

And Duke's only senior is a walkon. Shine is right on McBob - he would be awesome operating out of a high post position where he could use his passing skills, but because Zoubek hasn't shown he can play the low post, Josh is forced into it. I would love to see him work on something besides the up and under fakes down there, though. And yes, for the love of god, put some arc on those 3 footers, stop trying to dent the front of the rim.

The lack of defense is what killed Duke last night, and Maryland made the most out of the runouts and open threes. Vasquez did look good.

I don't know who the heck GO is, but the last time he(?) posted in CBB was to rack the Maryland women's team for beating Duke in the championship game. Typical Maryland fan - the only time they ever say anything is AFTER beating Duke.
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

helmet wrote:
I don't know who the heck GO is, but the last time he(?) posted in CBB was to rack the Maryland women's team for beating Duke in the championship game. Typical Maryland fan - the only time they ever say anything is AFTER beating Duke.
awww, come on, helmet. dont get bitter. i like basketball, and i like the terps, but i'm not that fanatical about it. thus, i dont post in this forum much- only to get under dook fans skin. mission accomplished. :D

btw- i've been around since the jim rome message board days. :wink:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mustang wrote:Rich yuppie kid? Bravo. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Nice boilerplate, brain dead anti-Duke mantra. How about something new?
I thought of it as more of a compliment, actually.

Not being sarcastic.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

This has been the most wildly inconsistent Duke team I can remember...then again, it's also very young and no one has stepped forward to be a leader. They're probably looking at a #4 or #5 seed and I don't see them getting out of the first weekend unless they get a really favorable draw. Coach K rules but he's a better coach when he's got an experienced team. That's why I'll give a tip of the cap to a guy like Izzo who has a very young team but has gotten a ton out of his squad when I didn't think they'd be a tournament team this year.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

My bad, blue....maybe a bit of a knee jerk. Guess I've grown accustomed to the Duke pile-on where anything is fair game. I do like that fact that McRoberts throws down hard. If he gets an inch opening, his eyes light up and he becomes Darryl Dawkins. Unfortunately, shots other than dunks are a problem.

Haven't checked yet but it was a Maryland win vs. Duke last night. Gotta' wonder how much the morons rioted.
G.O.
Elwood

Post by G.O. »

Mustang wrote:
Haven't checked yet but it was a Maryland win vs. Duke last night. Gotta' wonder how much the morons rioted.
word is, they were going to riot, but the dook lacrosse team showed up and threw a party...

:shock:
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

......in other words, nothing happened.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

living in charlotte it is funny to hear when Duke loses the Tar Hole fans go crazy, and vice versa...but when they both lose...CRICKETS...funniest damn thing...the local radio show today will be frought with who knows what...I guess fans of both squads will uncurl out of the fetal position and try to muster up some smack for Sunday...
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Buckeye..........just curious. I grew up in Durham and even there was outnumbered 5-to-1 by Carolina fans. I'm sure that ratio is greater in the rest of the state. No sports radio back then but I have to assume the Carolina types dominate the airwaves. Your take....
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

mustang...holy shit yes the Carolina fans outnumber duke fans...but duke fans have some smack to run...and they run it pretty good but they are just outnumbered...

but it is hilarious...UNC fan would rather DUKE lose than UNC win sometimes...
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

Yeah, I'd guess out of 10 NC residents, 7 are UNC fans, 2 are State fans, and 1 is a Duke fan. Even 90% of Duke employees pull for UNC or State.

I've heard it said that there are more UNC grads living in NC then there are Duke grads in the world.

This will be the second Duke-UNC matchup this season where the home team has lost its last two games and the road team also lost its last game.

And I had an undergrad from MD try to talk smack this afternoon.... the same old Duke gets all the calls crap and the selection committee screwed Maryland by leaving them out the last two years. Gary Williams' conspiracy theories still have traction. And then he said he thought MD would win the NCAA's this year - me and another guy said "I'll take that bet" at the same time. His next words...."I don't want to make it for too much money"
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

helmet wrote: And I had an undergrad from MD try to talk smack this afternoon.... the same old Duke gets all the calls crap and the selection committee screwed Maryland by leaving them out the last two years. Gary Williams' conspiracy theories still have traction. And then he said he thought MD would win the NCAA's this year - me and another guy said "I'll take that bet" at the same time. His next words...."I don't want to make it for too much money"
So was the pizza there in under 30 minutes and did you tip him well enough to cover the bet??
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:mustang...holy shit yes the Carolina fans outnumber duke fans...but duke fans have some smack to run...and they run it pretty good but they are just outnumbered...

but it is hilarious...UNC fan would rather DUKE lose than UNC win sometimes...
I don't doubt it. I've seen this phenomenon close up. Sox fans. When I lived in Chicago, I found that they hate the Cubs so much, their first priority is the Cubs losing (uh, most of the time, they're pretty satisfied). A Sox win is gravy.