Terror alert in Boston. Shit being blown up all over city.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Terror alert in Boston. Shit being blown up all over city.

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

Turner Broadcasting, a division of Time Warner Inc. and parent of Cartoon Network, said the devices were part of a promotion for the TV show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force," a surreal series about a talking milkshake, a box of fries and a meatball.

:paul: :paul: :paul:

"Me love Aqua Teen Hunger Force!"
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

i used a yellow bungee cord and connected it to a pringles can on the back end of the car the secretary next door .

i cant wait to meet karl rove again
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

War ATHF
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Along with the 8 Billion $'s more for the "Big Dig"
Maybe ted Kennedy can throw several billion dollars more pork money into the Senate's Minimum Wage Bill to boost the State's Homeland Security Force. Ted's always looking out for the little guy.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

swell idea----
let's leave a bunch of crap lying around
in areas that could even remotely be considered
bombs/dangerous/possible threats !!

nice going
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:swell idea----
let's leave a bunch of crap lying around
in areas that could even remotely be considered
bombs/dangerous/possible threats !!

nice going
THIS could be considered a bomb?

Never mind that these "bombs" had been in place for 2 weeks. If they were so fucking suspicious, how is it that they were allowed to be out there for two weeks before somebody noticed?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Cripple Fight
Elwood

Post by Cripple Fight »

Boston needs to change it's motto to "Boston, almost as dumb as Kansas City"
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

of course--we need to hire you Bri
for T1B security chief as you know
what is lethal and what is not !!

and where did you get your training ?

oh--
I forgot -- in "Spy vs. Spy"
the triggering devices for bombs were
clearly labelled !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

how is it that they were allowed to be out there for two weeks before somebody noticed?
It's Massachusetts,

Most the citizens are borderline retards, look at the morons they elect to Government, look at the quality craftmanship and engineering in their massive overbudget public works projects, they needed the Bomb Squad to diagnose an oversized Lite-Brite Cartoon

2 weeks was quick by their standards....................
Mayor Thomas Menino said a stiff penalty will be pursued against whoever was responsible for the devices.
So the mayor wants money because he's an hyperparanoid bitch who faced down a Cartoon Doomsday and more likely pissed because the city didn't get to bend someone over for sign permits.
"I saw the bomb squad guys carrying a paper bag with their bare hands," Higgins said. "I knew it couldn't be too serious."
WOW! Ya think?
That lady must be from out of state....................
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Wolfman wrote:of course--we need to hire you Bri
for T1B security chief as you know
what is lethal and what is not !!

and where did you get your training ?

oh--
I forgot -- in "Spy vs. Spy"
the triggering devices for bombs were
clearly labelled !!
I'm not certain, but I'm
pretty sure
Wolfman was
trying to use
"smack" here!

Wow
There's a first
for
Everything!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Wolfman wrote:and where did you get your training ?
It doesn't take Jack Fucking Bauer to realize that a Lite Brite set and 4 D Cells isn't a WMD.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

a Lite Brite set and 4 D Cells isn't a WMD.
Wanna bet?

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I RACK any and all McGyver resets too.

Jaws
McGyver
MASH

The list goes on and on actually.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Wanna bet?

Not without the toothpick and model airplane glue it ain't.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:Never mind that these "bombs" had been in place for 2 weeks. If they were so fucking suspicious, how is it that they were allowed to be out there for two weeks before somebody noticed?

Do you really think that all 38 Boston devices "were in place for 2 weeks" and people just happened to start noticing them all on the same day?

Tell me you're not as stupid as Y2K...
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Maybe if they were stuck on light posts and stuff I would call it an overeaction. Putting them up under bridges and on main supports for those bridges is where they went wrong. I for one am happy that due caution was taken and I am sure that the people responsible for them will get what is coming to them.

Did anybody notify people in these cities that these were going to be put up? Oh I guess that wouldn't make it guerilla enough.......

They will get what they deserve....
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Maybe if they were stuck on light posts and stuff I would call it an overeaction. Putting them up under bridges and on main supports for those bridges is where they went wrong.
A Lite Brite doesn't work well in full sun, next time they should use Neon.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

OH NO!! THEY'RE GOING TO BLOW UP CIRCUS CIRCUS!!!!!

yet another example of the world being filled with retards.

In the film forum me and e were talking ATHF.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Wanna bet?

RACK
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
BSmack wrote:Never mind that these "bombs" had been in place for 2 weeks. If they were so fucking suspicious, how is it that they were allowed to be out there for two weeks before somebody noticed?
Do you really think that all 38 Boston devices "were in place for 2 weeks" and people just happened to start noticing them all on the same day?

Tell me you're not as stupid as Y2K...
And there were more in 9 other cities nationwide. And yes, I think they went unnoticed until some Chicken Little saw THIS...

... and thought it was a fucking bomb.

Oh, and here's what one of the designers had to say.
Berdovsky, an artist, told The Boston Globe he was hired by Interference and said he was "kind of freaked out" by the furor.

"I find it kind of ridiculous that they're making these statements on TV that we must not be safe from terrorism, because they were up there for three weeks and no one noticed. It's pretty commonsensical to look at them and say this is a piece of art and installation," he said.

Boston Officials Livid Over Ad Stunt

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Husker4ever
Elwood

Post by Husker4ever »

Wanna bet?

:lol: Excellent!

Dude could craft a nuclear tipped ICBM out of a tampon, some hand-lotion, and a bottle rocket.
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Boston is wise to fear the Mooninites.

Ignignokt wrote:
Well for one thing, the moon has one third less gravity than your earth, I don't know if you can understand that, but our vertical leap is beyond all measurement.
Err wrote:
Yes, on the moon nerds get their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks.
Ignignokt wrote:
We do whatever we want, to whomever we want, at all times.
These threats are not to be taken lightly.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:And there were more in 9 other cities nationwide. And yes, I think they went unnoticed until some Chicken Little saw THIS...

That's great, douche... now answer the question. Do you REALLY think all 38 devices had been sitting in and around Boston for 2 weeks and they all got were discovered on the same day?

I'll give you a hint. The answer is no. No fucking way that shit was sitting there for 2 weeks. I take Storrow Drive to work every day... this time of year, it's dark out both on my commute to and from work. I didn't see any Lite Bright cartoon fucker flipping me off as I went under the Longfellow Bridge. Furthermore, what are the chances that they'd go unnoticed for 2 whole weeks and then, as if by a miracle, a shitload of them are discovered within hours of each other?

I am not defending the city's response to the act. However... I know for a fact whoever said they've been up for weeks is full of shit. It's damage control by the company hired by The Cartoon Network, who'll be facing a huge lawsuit over the stunt, I'm sure.

Btw -- This reminds me of the time about 10 years ago when WAAF "shock-jocks", Opie and Anthony reported on air on April Fool's Day that the city's mayor, Tom Menino, was killed in a car accident. Hearing Mumbles Menino frothing at the mouth on the radio this morning was almost worth the 3 hour commute home last night... what a tool. You got trolled by a bunch of idiots. Get over it...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

stuckinia wrote:Boston is wise to fear the Mooninites.

Ignignokt wrote:
Well for one thing, the moon has one third less gravity than your earth, I don't know if you can understand that, but our vertical leap is beyond all measurement.
Err wrote:
Yes, on the moon nerds get their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks.
Ignignokt wrote:
We do whatever we want, to whomever we want, at all times.
These threats are not to be taken lightly.

RACK!
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:You got trolled by a bunch of idiots. Get over it...
Seems like an appropriate sentiment to be directed towards the retards in Boston.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:That's great, douche... now answer the question. Do you REALLY think all 38 devices had been sitting in and around Boston for 2 weeks and they all got were discovered on the same day?

I'll give you a hint. The answer is no. No fucking way that shit was sitting there for 2 weeks. I take Storrow Drive to work every day... this time of year, it's dark out both on my commute to and from work. I didn't see any Lite Bright cartoon fucker flipping me off as I went under the Longfellow Bridge. Furthermore, what are the chances that they'd go unnoticed for 2 whole weeks and then, as if by a miracle, a shitload of them are discovered within hours of each other?

I am not defending the city's response to the act. However... I know for a fact whoever said they've been up for weeks is full of shit. It's damage control by the company hired by The Cartoon Network, who'll be facing a huge lawsuit over the stunt, I'm sure.

Btw -- This reminds me of the time about 10 years ago when WAAF "shock-jocks", Opie and Anthony reported on air on April Fool's Day that the city's mayor, Tom Menino, was killed in a car accident. Hearing Mumbles Menino frothing at the mouth on the radio this morning was almost worth the 3 hour commute home last night... what a tool. You got trolled by a bunch of idiots. Get over it...
Well, what are the chances that 38 of these devices could be installed in a city as notoriously congested as Boston in one day? Without anybody noticing?

My guess is that they had been going up piecemeal during the past two weeks. Never mind that they had also been up, without incident, in 9 other cities.

Oh, and I'm sure whatever lawsuit that comes out of this will be more than worth the return considering that the words Aqua Teen Hunger Force have been uttered on every national news program for the past day.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mile-Hi T
Elwood

Post by Mile-Hi T »

Somebody ought to strap one of those to the faces of the 80's Celtics. Clean up the city a little bit.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Bizzarofelice wrote:Seems like an appropriate sentiment to be directed towards the retards in Boston.
I am pretty sure it was directed to the retards in Boston. Thank you for your usual non-contribution.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I live in one of those other cities where they allegedly planted that stupidity.

But I believe the PR guys grossly underestimated their audience...either the Portland Police would see someone planting something on a bridge(whole buncha those in the downtown area) and unleash more bullets than an NFL pregame party, or the tweekers would have then either disassembled or in pawn shops in minutes...

Because that is how we roll.

But still haven't heard word one about it.

How could someone be so fucking stupid to plant something that could even be remotely mistaken for a suspicious device(even by a stretch of the imagination) near a bridge support/abuttment in this day and age? Stupidity beyond words, and I'll have no sympathy regardless what harsh punishment the architects of this stupidfest get. Moronic, regardless whether people overreacted or not. Too bad someone didn't "overreact" to those planes flying willy-nilly towards Manhatten, eh?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh, and RACK the McGyver reset...very nice.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:How could someone be so fucking stupid to plant something that could even be remotely mistaken for a suspicious device(even by a stretch of the imagination) near a bridge support/abuttment in this day and age?

I agree with the sentiment... however, you gotta be pretty fucking stupid to have found a shitload of the same toys around the city by late morning/early afternoon and still be calling in the bomb squad to "safely dispose" of them during the evening commute.

Then again... I guess it's okay to go all "Chicken Little" in a city where the sky did indeed fall on someone's head and kill them last July.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

mvscal wrote:Sued for what?

Mumbles Menino and his staff of incompetents are scouring the law books... he'll have to get back to you.

All I know is, it supposedly cost the city anywhere from 500K to a million dollars (depending upon what "source" is being cited) in overtime and whatnot and Mumbles wants his money...
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

I've heard that Osama bin Laden himself has just left a busted Etch-A-Sketch in Times Square. Stay alert, people.

PS: ATHF is skill.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:All I know is, it supposedly cost the city anywhere from 500K to a million dollars (depending upon what "source" is being cited) in overtime and whatnot and Mumbles wants his money...
Let the city residents remember that 500 thousand hole in their budget next time they elect idiots to run their city.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: It's damage control by the company hired by The Cartoon Network, who'll be facing a huge lawsuit over the stunt, I'm sure.
Sued for what? I can almost understand some mouthbreathing mongoloid on the street thinking something was odd, but there is no excuse for the spastic overreaction by law enforcement.

Every last one of those dimwitted assclowns needs to be immediately sterilized and exiled to a deserted island...or Arizona.

Damned if they do......damned if they don't......
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

mvscal wrote:Don't even fucking try it.

This:

...is not a bomb nor does it look like one to any but the most severely braindamaged cretin on earth.

Yet your bomb squad, retarded fuckheads that they are, took something like this and blew it up "just in case".

I am damn glad they did "just in case". Whether they were right or wrong in their overeaction I think if they had not acted and people got hurt they would have looked even worse. So the company who decided to put these in suspicious places without notifying local officials have no blame??
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Neely8 wrote:
mvscal wrote:Don't even fucking try it.

This:

...is not a bomb nor does it look like one to any but the most severely braindamaged cretin on earth.

Yet your bomb squad, retarded fuckheads that they are, took something like this and blew it up "just in case".
I am damn glad they did "just in case". Whether they were right or wrong in their overeaction I think if they had not acted and people got hurt they would have looked even worse. So the company who decided to put these in suspicious places without notifying local officials have no blame??
I'm glad they did because I get to LMAO at them. But don't try to pretend like there was a good reason to hyper overreact the way Boston did.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:
This:

...is not a bomb nor does it look like one
I'd think that would be the point of any prospective bomber. You know to make a bomb that didn't look like a bomb. Of all the people knocking these guys for erring on the side of caution, I didn't think you'd be one.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote: Stop watching 24.
Never seen an episode. I'm not qualified enough to assess the performance of Boston's law enforcement on this matter.