Something else to bicker over

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Something else to bicker over

Post by Nishlord »

America is now seen as a threat to world peace by its closest neighbours and allies, according to an international survey of public opinion published today that reveals just how far the country's reputation has fallen among former supporters since the invasion of Iraq.

Carried out as US voters prepare to go to the polls next week in an election dominated by the war, the research also shows that British voters see George Bush as a greater danger to world peace than either the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-il, or the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Both countries were once cited by the US president as part of an "axis of evil", but it is Mr Bush who now alarms voters in countries with traditionally strong links to the US.

The survey has been carried out by the Guardian in Britain and leading newspapers in Israel (Haaretz), Canada (La Presse and Toronto Star) and Mexico (Reforma), using professional local opinion polling in each country.
It exposes high levels of distrust. In Britain, 69% of those questioned say they believe US policy has made the world less safe since 2001, with only 7% thinking action in Iraq and Afghanistan has increased global security.

The finding is mirrored in America's immediate northern and southern neighbours, Canada and Mexico, with 62% of Canadians and 57% of Mexicans saying the world has become more dangerous because of US policy.

Even in Israel, which has long looked to America to guarantee national security, support for the US has slipped.

Only one in four Israeli voters say that Mr Bush has made the world safer, outweighed by the number who think he has added to the risk of international conflict, 36% to 25%. A further 30% say that at best he has made no difference.

Voters in three of the four countries surveyed also overwhelmingly reject the decision to invade Iraq, with only Israeli voters in favour, 59% to 34% against. Opinion against the war has hardened strongly since a similar survey before the US presidential election in 2004.

In Britain 71% of voters now say the invasion was unjustified, a view shared by 89% of Mexicans and 73% of Canadians. Canada is a Nato member whose troops are in action in Afghanistan. Neither do voters think America has helped advance democracy in developing countries, one of the justifications for deposing Saddam Hussein. Only 11% of Britons and 28% of Israelis think that has happened.

As a result, Mr Bush is ranked with some of his bitterest enemies as a cause of global anxiety. He is outranked by Osama bin Laden in all four countries, but runs the al-Qaida leader close in the eyes of UK voters: 87% think the al-Qaida leader is a great or moderate danger to peace, compared with 75% who think this of Mr Bush.

The US leader and close ally of Tony Blair is seen in Britain as a more dangerous man than the president of Iran (62% think he is a danger), the North Korean leader (69%) and the leader of Hizbullah, Hassan Nasrallah (65%).

Only 10% of British voters think that Mr Bush poses no danger at all. Israeli voters remain much more trusting of him, with 23% thinking he represents a serious danger and 61% thinking he does not.

Contrary to the usual expectation, older voters in Britain are slightly more hostile to the Iraq war than younger ones. Voters under 35 are also more trusting of Mr Bush, with hostility strongest among people aged 35-65.

· ICM interviewed a random sample of 1,010 adults by telephone from October 27-30. Interviews were conducted across the country and the results have been weighted to the profile of all adults. Polling was by phone in Canada (sample 1,007), Israel (1,078) and Mexico (1,010)
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

all your crooked teeth are belong to us
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

That was a predictably tiresome response from msvcal, the Ugliest American of All.
“Culture. Sophistication. Genius. A little bit more than a hot dog, know what I mean?”
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

^^^ lesson #1 on how to move up on the "danger to world peace" list.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Oh, I'm well aware of that. But please be aware that the next time you come running like pussies for help, you'll be told very politely to fuck off and sort out your own mess.

Seeing as America can't win a war without dragging us into it, and has made a complete dogs arse of the current one even with our help, sucks to be you.

For all the bluster about the US military, it's not very good, is it?
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Nishlord wrote:Oh, I'm well aware of that. But please be aware that the next time you come running like pussies for help, you'll be told very politely to fuck off and sort out your own mess.

Seeing as America can't win a war without dragging us into it, and has made a complete dogs arse of the current one even with our help, sucks to be you.

Im sure once your Subways get blown up again then those polls will change.....

People have such short memories......
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Yeah, we were pussies for not wearing helmets in Basra, daring to talk to Iraqis like human beings, and basically wiping up the shit you created, like a proper army does.

Don't fancy your chances against the Chinese at all, mate.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Neely8 wrote:
Nishlord wrote:Oh, I'm well aware of that. But please be aware that the next time you come running like pussies for help, you'll be told very politely to fuck off and sort out your own mess.

probably not. Part of the mentality that exists out there to generate a list like this is because of the methods Bush employs. Bush is #2 on that list because he is perceived to generate violence, not stop it.

3 plus years of the iraqi/afganistan "Wars" should have told you that.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Mister Bushice wrote:
Neely8 wrote:

probably not. Part of the mentality that exists out there to generate a list like this is because of the methods Bush employs. Bush is #2 on that list because he is perceived to generate violence, not stop it.

3 plus years of the iraqi/afganistan "Wars" should have told you that.

^^^ #1 Lesson on how to move up on the Dipshits of the World list
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Neely8 wrote:

People have such short memories......
I'm all for rubbish American-owned sandwich shops getting blown up. I hope to see Jared get decapitated on Al-Jazeera at some point, too.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

mvscal, half a dozen ill thought-out howls of pre-menstral WWF-like torrents of rage ago wrote:Are we supposed to care?
Thanks for playing, little bitch. I'm off out now to enjoy some proper pints in the Free World.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Nishlord wrote:Yeah, we were pussies for not wearing helmets in Basra, daring to talk to Iraqis like human beings, and basically wiping up the shit you created, like a proper army does.
So you talked and then you ran away and left it the militias. Brilliant plan. Way to show the world what "badasses" you lot are.
Limey Soldier: "Hey... where you goin with that RPG? OK, go ahead"

Terrorist: "Dumbfuck"

Limey Soldier: "See you later, mate"

Terrorist: " Sure, when I come to cut your head off"

Limey Soldier: "Right-o... eh?"
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

superior violence is the tool you need to use to confront and defeat violence.
He can't even get THAT right:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061103/ap_ ... 1103102355
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Luther
Old Coot

Post by Luther »

Deep down, Euro doesn't really fancy the U.S.

--M.A.

Rip City

p.s. Oh great, ...I responded here so now I'm probably on some NSA watchlist. I guess I'll be going through more security lines at PDX in the future.
T1B Rules of Operation:

4. Forums. If you don't like it, leave. It is that simple.
----

OK, bye.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:
superior violence is the tool you need to use to confront and defeat violence.
He can't even get THAT right:
Yes, I agree on that score. The insurgency should not have lasted more than a couple months had it been met with the properly ruthless response.
So you attempt to crush a popular uprising by killing civilians?
That doesn't guarantee anything more than a long, drawn out occupation.

Hope you packed a toothbrush.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Martyred wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote: He can't even get THAT right:
Yes, I agree on that score. The insurgency should not have lasted more than a couple months had it been met with the properly ruthless response.
So you attempt to crush a popular uprising by killing civilians?
That doesn't guarantee anything more than a shitload of dead terrorists and a crushed "insurgency".
FTFY
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Cuda wrote: That doesn't guarantee anything more than a shitload of dead terrorists and a crushed "insurgency".

FTFY
Yeah, crushed...

:meds:

So glad you guys have stopped becoming backstops for Iraqi bullets.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I wish the AP would quit reporting all this negativity about Iraq and start reporting all the good things.......

I heard that Ahmed Shabalu had power for almost thirty whole minutes the other day.....
get out, get out while there's still time
jtr
Fresh out of bubble gum

Post by jtr »

Bush is going on and on about stopping nuclear buildup in iran and n korea and then turns right around and helps india get more nukes, that's messed up.
follow me on twitter: jesseheiman
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Uh, the Project For The New American Century would be to blame for that, having initiated a grossly illegal, immoral, and disasterous invasion of a soverign nation.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:I heard that Ahmed Shabalu had power for almost thirty whole minutes the other day.....
And whose fault is it that he doesn't have power round the clock?
I'm sure you're going to tell me that somehow it's his fault........

exactly what have we got to show for our half-trillion dollar "investment" in Iraq anyway......

I'm curious......
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: Just wondering what or whom is preventing him from getting basic services on a regular basis.
insurgents of course......you know, the ones the Bush Administration never anticipated......

this group of insurgents apparently has brought the US military to it's knees.......

who'd a thunk.....
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote: Just wondering what or whom is preventing him from getting basic services on a regular basis.
Iranian Shiites & Syrian Sunnis of course......
FTFY, nancy
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

How would Americans be able to sleep at night without the comfort of knowing the warm blanket of security the brits are providing for us.....

Unbelieveably hysterical.....

beyond - :lol:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Something else to bicker over

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Nishlord wrote:Image
I'll take "All of the Above" for $1,000 please, Alex.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
I see. And, if we were to leave, how much electricity do you suppose he would have?
quit acting like you give two fucks about the Iraqis, because I know you couldn't care less about them.....
How many schools have these insurgents built? How much work on the electrical grid has the insurgency done? How many hospitals have they built? What, exactly have these insurgents done for the people like Ahmed Shabalu?
again, you don't care about the Iraqis so quit acting like you do......
Wrong. It has brought hand wringers like you to your knees. The military is fine.
lets see, we've spent half a trillion dollars over there, and they can't turn the lights on, they can't get the water system working, etc. etc......

they've killed almost three thousand of our troops with no end in sight....

is this what you call progress.......what have we got to show for the money we've spent.....

I don't feel safer and I know a whole shitload of people that feel the same way...so, what are we getting for our money........
The phantorino
Elwood

Post by The phantorino »

mvscal wrote:
Nishlord wrote:Yeah, we were pussies for not wearing helmets in Basra, daring to talk to Iraqis like human beings, and basically wiping up the shit you created, like a proper army does.
So you talked and then you ran away and left it the militias. Brilliant plan. Way to show the world what "badasses" you lot are.
'Badasses" isn't the point, you dolt. Respect is NOT earned at the point of a gun in all cases.
Luther Wrote:
a butt load of people who sit in those small cubicles pretending to work while submitting a "take."
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Well, that's exactly what Wolfowitz, Perle, Cheney and Rummy said. Except they thought it would take about six months. They thought--or said, anyway--that we'd be greeted as "liberators" and festooned with flowers. They said that the Iraqi oil could easily pay for it all.

And you ask what good are the Sunni insurgents doing?

Well, they're holding off the establishment of a Shiite government that hates us. Not that everyone dosn't hate us by now--after EVERYTHING the Bush administration said has proven absolutely false.

Why do you only ask really stupid questions?
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

That's right, the same Shiites we're SUPPORTING--and obeying, as the Coalition Of The Willing dutifully removed its blockade points of Sadr City.

Why are we supporting a Shiite government? You see, that's a good question.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:lets see, we've spent half a trillion dollars over there, and they can't turn the lights on, they can't get the water system working, etc. etc......

they've killed almost three thousand of our troops with no end in sight....

is this what you call progress.......what have we got to show for the money we've spent.....

I don't feel safer and I know a whole shitload of people that feel the same way...so, what are we getting for our money........
So you expect us and the Iraqis to have formed a peaceful, stable and prosperous nation in three years? Do you honestly believe that that is a realistic expectation?
Perhaps it could have happened if Bush hadn't used the war as a payback to all his election supporters instead of using qualified people.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I'm sure you put a lot of thought into... whatever the fuck you're yammering about, pedo, but you're still a flaming douchebag.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

mvscal wrote:International relations are really quite simple: Bitches get slapped.

You act like a bitch...you get slapped like a bitch.
D-. On a curve.

Sin,

International relations major
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

mvscal wrote:
The phantorino wrote:Respect is NOT earned at the point of a gun in all cases.
Of course it is.

International relations are really quite simple: Bitches get slapped.

You act like a bitch...you get slapped like a bitch.
And you're the biggest example of that.

Here's an interesting fact; The US army have served longer in Iraq longer than their counterparts in World War Two.

Naturally, you can't say that about their British counterparts, because they, y'know...stayed the course.
warren

Post by warren »

[quote="Nishlord"]

Another "cut and waste" buy the board's number one porn-peddling, hate America first, pedophiliac, limey trash.

The next time you manufacture an original thought will be the... oh, you know what I was going to say next. You're a genius.

I would not be surprised at all that this loser has a life sized bin laden doll that he pumps in the goat semen recepticle when he get's home from a pint of lager and a full day of selling jack off mags to toothless, smelly, industrial northern english fucks.

much love, douchelord.

Last time I checked scoreboard, America's in front of angland by three touchdowns, errrrr, goals.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

OK. In future, warren, just don't respond. In return, I'll promise to automatically assume that whatever I've said has set you off in impotent, balding, badly-spelled rage.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

stayed the course? you make it sound like we walked out half way through? we stayed the course , plus interest. we rebuilt that shithole and kept the russkies from pwning the whole fukking thing. Ofcourse, I guess you'd claim that they had no intention of doing so. Ask a 100 mil or so eastern euros who were their bitches for nearly half a century how that was.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Nishlord
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nishlord »

Choose English.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Nishlord wrote:Choose English.
Old English is better at quelling the everyday stench.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Cuda wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Limey Soldier: "Hey... where you goin with that RPG? OK, go ahead"

Terrorist: "Dumbfuck"

Limey Soldier: "See you later, mate"

Terrorist: " Sure, when I come to cut your head off"

Limey Soldier: "Right-o... eh?"
Are you fucking 7?

That was the most retarded fucking attempt at a wisecrack, that was supposed to prove a point, I've ever seen in internet history.

This needs to be put on every Republican message board with the title: "One of yours did this!"
Seriously, what was your thought process on this? Throw in a couple of stereotype "Euro" sayings and throw in a couple of Islamic freak stereotypes and put them together and you have a winner of a take?
"Right-o... eh?"
Who the fuck says that? Euros? What makes it "Euro"? the "Right-o" or the "eh", cuz im fucking confused. I think for a second that Canadians are known to say "eh", but here it is right in your imaginary funny a Euro stating "Eh". Do Euros also say "eh" often enough that it is worthwhile to stereotype them as thus? Can we therefore say that Euros often say: "Th.. eh!", cuz of the whistle their lack of teeth make when saying "Eh". Or should I just come to the simple conclusion that your fucking 7 and you were somehow able to pass the high tech security of this forum by clicking "I am above the age of 13".

I cant for the life of me think it was a wisecrack, but I read it. Its still there and I quoted it. This thread reeks of a bunch of people throwing insults and some are doing it better than others, then you chime up to make everyone shut the fuck up and ask themselves: "What the hell did he say?". There is a silence and someone is about to speak, yet you give a "Huh Huh!" that sounds like a donkey and at once everyone looks at you, throws down their hatred towards each other and now hates you.

I remember when I was younger and we would get into an insult war. Everyone is making their friends on their side laugh with their insults. Its getting heated, then one dumbfuck on one side has to say something so fucking retarded, everyone stops for a second and thinks: "Dear god, he's always been an idiot.". Which I guess its good, because everyone kind of just starts slowly walking away and it takes the fight out of everyone.

But I was reading this and had to read it again. I kept thinking...... "Am I on a videogame forum and someone just made a wisecrack to someone else about why the Nintendo is going to be "boogers better" than the Playstation. I look at your statement and realize, no this is on a message board where grown men insult each other over politics. We are all acting like children in the grander scheme of things, but one of us really was under 13 and gave a child like little girl giggle as he stated he was over the age of 13 and registering.

Did you access this forum because your parents security tools allow you to see boobies here? What was the purpose for you coming here? Do you like sports? Do you want to see more "dingers" in baseball? Do you like it when you go to baseball games and daddy gives you a coke and a hotdog for being a good boy while you were staying the week at mommies?

Its ok, you can go take a pee pee and come back to this thread. Just remember to wash your hands.
I fucking suck.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Y2K wrote:
Nishlord wrote:Choose English.
Old English is better at quelling the everyday stench.
The funny thing is, you werent making a joke. You do use Old English and you do suggest it to friends. You wouldnt stop fucking raving about it at Troll Stop Sacramento.

"Hey it smells like sex in here!!"

Y: "Spray some Old English that shit takes care of pet stains too. Seriously Russ, one time I used it to remove Grease from a Lugnut and it made it smell better and slip right on."
I fucking suck.