Mizzou wins the Big XII North

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Mizzou wins the Big XII North

Post by War Wagon »

Just calling my shot here...so that I don't get accused of being some bandwagon fuck later when it happens.

The "experts" have picked my boys to finish 5th.

Chase Daniels is leading us to the promised land, dadgummit.

Of course, I'll be here to take my beatdown if what I've prognosticated doesn't come to fruition.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

It is possible. They lose Smith but have the rest of the offense back and Daniels should be a solid qb. The D should be improved.

But as long as Neb can keep Taylor healthy and don't lose anymore starters out of their secondary they should take it. We host Mizzou, KU, and CU. KSU will likely struggle a bit with their new schemes and ISU won't have much of a D. I would hardly bet the farm but I think we definitely have the inside-track.

I wonder what Hawkins will do in his first year, he is a hell of a coach that has done a lot with less talent than CU has.

Last edited by Danimal on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Re: Mizzou wins the Big XII North

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

War Wagon wrote:I'll be here to take my beatdown if what I've prognosticated doesn't come to fruition.
You'll be here to take beatdowns on this and many other issues.
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

War Wagon wrote:Just calling my shot here...so that I don't get accused of being some bandwagon fuck later when it happens.

Of course, I'll be here to take my beatdown if what I've prognosticated doesn't come to fruition.
As long as Nebraska doesn't win it. That's what I DON'T want to see.
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

FleaFlicker wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Just calling my shot here...so that I don't get accused of being some bandwagon fuck later when it happens.

As long as Nebraska doesn't win it. That's what I DON'T want to see.

ISU will win the Big 12 North.
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

ISU very well could win it- the North is wide open this year. Even KU's got a shot at it....yeah, I laughed too.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

ISU should have the best offense in the north as long as Hicks stays healthy. But the D lost a lot of guys and ISU doesn't have the talent to just "reload" like the major recruiting powers. Plus ISU's rotation with the south-division has become much harder. It is weird how they alternate between playing the three best teams in the south and the three worst. But they do host Tech so that game is winnable. ISU is my favorite team in the con outside Neb but I would say they go .500 in-conference.

They have also host their chief rivals in the north, Neb and Mizzou as well. If they can protect Ames they have a good shot. But with a depleted D I just have problems seeing them winning consistently.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I put the Big 12 North right up there with the MAC West.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Uh didn't a Big12-North team just beat you? I'll admit we had some help from the refs but we did go toe-to-toe with you and come out with a W.

Last edited by Danimal on Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Danimal wrote:
umm, what the fuck was this topic about again and why should I care?

Holy shit...Rack Danimal!

I'll drop another lame ass post in here from time to time...just to keep that dude doing what it is that he does.
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

I 2nd that....WOW, what a smokin' broad!
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Danimal wrote:ISU should have the best offense in the north as long as Hicks stays healthy.
You go to Prep or what?
Hicks is a less than average D1 back.

Your defense keys Meyer, don't buy play action, make Hicks do something when he gets his chance, he can't out run many Big 12 backers at the point of attack nor make a difference if he gets there.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Danimal wrote:Uh didn't a Big12-North team just beat you? I'll admit we had some help from the refs but we did go toe-to-toe with you and come out with a W.

Dan,
Mgo is a Spartans fan.
"Keys, woman!"
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

My bad, but a spartans fan should have even less to throw stones about. 5 of 6 North teams went bowling last year, something MSU didn't manage to do.

Cornhusker, Hicks was banged-up all of last year. When he was fairly healthy he produced and the clones won games.

I'm not saying he is a special back, he isn't, as you said he lacks break-away ability. But no way is he below average. He is a solid back. Phil Steele actually has him second-string all-conference.
Last edited by Danimal on Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Danimal wrote:My bad, but a spartans fan should have even less to throw stones about. 5 of 6 North teams went bowling last year, something MSU didn't manage to do.

Cornhusker, Hicks was banged-up all of last year. When he was fairly healthy he produced and the clones won games.

I'm not saying he is a special back, as you said he lacks break-away ability, but no way is he below average. Experts would be back me up on that, Phil Steele actually has him second-string all-conference.
I wasn't running team smack, but conference smack.

If you really want to compare the Big 12 North with the Big Ten...well...I'll give you some time to think that one over before we proceed.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Like I said, 5 of 6 teams from the North went bowling last year. How does that compare to the MAC genius? Texas won the national championship. We have as many teams in the preseason top 25's as you.

Lay-off the Beano-koolaid. The SEC is the best conference in the country. The 11, 12, and ACC are in a cluster. Then you have the Pac and the Big East.

Some years the 11 is better than the 12 but only a dumbass homer would say it consistently is.
fleaflicker

Post by fleaflicker »

I COMPLETELY agree with that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Save it.

No one in that division has been relevant on any sort of national implication-scale since NU was dominating the CF land.

And that was a long time ago.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Post by Frank Beamer's growth »

Cornhusker wrote:
Danimal wrote:ISU should have the best offense in the north as long as Hicks stays healthy.
You go to Prep or what?

Your defense keys Meyer, don't buy play action, make Hicks do something when he gets his chance, he can't out run many Big 12 backers at the point of attack nor make a difference if he gets there.
I'm going to have to go with Cornhusker on this one. Hicks is not a very good back. He is big and strong but he is slow and doesn't move well laterally or at least the way a rb should be able to move laterally. He should have been an inside linebacker
minorthreat
Elwood

Post by minorthreat »

Frank Beamer's growth wrote:
Cornhusker wrote:
You go to Prep or what?

I'm going to have to go with Cornhusker on this one. Hicks is not a very good back. He is big and strong but he is slow and doesn't move well laterally or at least the way a rb should be able to move laterally. He should have been an inside linebacker

Hicks is just alright. He is not great. He is a hell of a blocker but does way too much dancing in the backfield. You are also right about his speed. We do tend to win more games with him playing than when he isn't though.

ISU's D has lost a lot but I think they will be better than most think by the middle of the season.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Save it.

No one in that division has been relevant on any sort of national implication-scale since NU was dominating the CF land.

And that was a long time ago.
1. Actually KSU did beat the living hell out of OU to win the conference championship not that long ago. They subsequently had their usual blah bowl-performance. But they did win the conference.

2. You said you were running conference smack. I ran conference smack back, now you have to step back to part-of-a-conference smack. Weak. Telling me to save-it when I educate you that 5-of-6 teams made bowls which is quite unMAC-like is very weak.

3. How does a winning BCS-conference team not being a national power merit comparison to the MAC, the second-to-worse con in the country?

4. There may not be a current national powerhouse in the North but there isn't a doormat in the bunch either. Every team is competitive.

I'm a realist. I'm not saying the 12-North is something to brag about, just saying that just because they don't CURRENTLY(Neb is working back in that direction and I see Hawkins taking CU there as well) have a national power they are shitty.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Misery win the Big XII North? Not with that head coach.
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

War Wagon wrote:
Danimal wrote:
umm, what the fuck was this topic about again and why should I care?

Holy shit...Rack Danimal!

I'll drop another lame ass post in here from time to time...just to keep that dude doing what it is that he does.
amen brither

I dont even care about the Big XII north...
but this is the best thread in this place for a long while
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Shhhhhhhh just let him hang himself.

he has NO clue about this MU team, their weaknesses or strengths.
Frank Beamer's growth
Elwood

Well just from what I've read your defense is behind the offense at this point in fall camp, the offense won pretty easily in your scrimmage the other day and that was without your star TE's Rucker and Coffman. I would guess thats not a good sign. Plus your schedule. @ Texas Tech-loss, @AM should be interesting, AM has been underacheiving but winning in College Station is not an easy task. Oklahoma, well before Bomar, this was a loss, I still think it will be. @Nebraska-loss haven't won there since 78?? shit, @ Iowa St. Loss-too much offense for Mizzou to handle. Plus you have Colorado, never know whats going to happen with Hawkins coaching them. I see 4-5 losses in the conference, that won't win the North this year.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Frank Beamer's growth wrote:Well just from what I've read your defense is behind the offense at this point in fall camp, the offense won pretty easily in your scrimmage the other day and that was without your star TE's Rucker and Coffman. I would guess thats not a good sign. Plus your schedule. @ Texas Tech-loss, @AM should be interesting, AM has been underacheiving but winning in College Station is not an easy task. Oklahoma, well before Bomar, this was a loss, I still think it will be. @Nebraska-loss haven't won there since 78?? shit, @ Iowa St. Loss-too much offense for Mizzou to handle. Plus you have Colorado, never know whats going to happen with Hawkins coaching them. I see 4-5 losses in the conference, that won't win the North this year.
todays scrimage

Web Page Name

shocking the kicking game is shit.

sin,

20+ years straight
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote:
Shhhhhhhh just let him hang himself.

he has NO clue about this MU team, their weaknesses or strengths.
And you do?

I know that Chase Daniels is gonna' be a fine QB.

I know that the Big XII North is ripe for the picking.

I know that asshole Pinkel has a "win or else" ultimatum stamped on his forehead.

I know that games are played on the field, and not on paper or internet chat rooms.

I know that pre-season prognostications don't mean shit once they strap on the helmet.

I know that I'm a myopic homer fan of my team

What do YOU know, addled?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

And you do?

Yes, unlike weekend warriors like you, i follow the team from recruiting to signing period to spring practice.

I know that Chase Daniels is gonna' be a fine QB.
based on what? because he had 1 drive against ISU? then was horrible in other drives after? Or did Gary Pinkel tell you this. He has to prove he's the deal.
I know that the Big XII North is ripe for the picking.
Who told you this? ESPN? MU is clearly the 3rd to 4th best team, and they have the worst coach in the conference
I know that asshole Pinkel has a "win or else" ultimatum stamped on his forehead.
untrue, he still has atleast another year, MU is not eating any contracts after Snyder. Only way he's gone, is if he goes 4-8 or worse and someone AKA a booster buys his contract out(unlikely with cream puffers to start the season)
I know that games are played on the field, and not on paper or internet chat rooms.
no way, really, many of us actually thought coaches went to internet chat rooms for coaching help and info. No wonder they put you in charge of the forklifts
I know that pre-season prognostications don't mean shit once they strap on the helmet.
Yeah, i mean you lose one of NCAA best dual threats in years, and thinking they will be 3rd in conference is asssanine, who pays these tards to make opinions and selections based on facts and the lack of coaching by said teams program. those jackoffs
I know that I'm a myopic homer fan of my team
no, your a fucking tard, you wait to see something in your local rag before checking out what MU has done or is doing. PS Making to the toilet bowl is not impressive

What do YOU know, addled?
unlike you, i have already stated my opinion of the team, which you would have no fucking clue about. You know, thoughts about defense, offense, special teams. Line,backers, dline, corners, etc. Feel free to read your local rag to keep up with tigers this year, this forum needs a new tard(babs gone). YOu will fit right in there.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Jimmy Medalions wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I'll be here to take my beatdown if what I've prognosticated doesn't come to fruition.
You'll be here to take beatdowns on this and many other issues.
:lol:

Somehow, I see this thread being bumped at some point in the season.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote: unlike you, i have already stated my opinion of the team, which you would have no fucking clue about. You know, thoughts about defense, offense, special teams. Line,backers, dline, corners, etc. Feel free to read your local rag to keep up with tigers this year, this forum needs a new tard(babs gone). YOu will fit right in there.
Here's a clue, addled. Before you can actually attempt to gloss someone else as being a 'tard, you have to be able to write above of the level of an angry, ritalin addicted, moronic chimpanzee. "Reading" one your "takes" (I use both terms loosely) is as annoying as a tooth-ache, you imbecilic ass boil.

The TIGERS may roar this year, or the Tiggers may whimper like one of the inane posts that you dribble out like so much diarhea of the keyboard, but guess what?

I don't give a flying fuck what you think gimp, so get the hell out my thread.

Sheesh, we're gonna' run off Danimal with posts like these, and we don't want that to happen, now do we?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RadioFan wrote: Somehow, I see this thread being bumped at some point in the season.
Radidio, would you like another thrashing similar to the ones I handed you before...that you ran from like a scared ass pussy?

I doubt it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Meds, c'mon boy, show Ra-diddles what a hard ass you are.

He's looking up to you to save his honor right now. Think you can handle it?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ahhh...

War putting things back in the proper perspective.

STFU, 'tards.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

mizzou sucks on D and will not win the North.

win 6 or 7 games thanks to a pitiful OOC schedule.

woohoo! Mister Excitement Gary Pinkel rolls the tigers into the Houston Bowl.

of course, MU has been to what 4 bowl games in the last 20 years......once a proud program.

kind of sad, really.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

King Crimson wrote:mizzou sucks on D and will not win the North.
untrue, their defense will be much improved, they more than likely wont win the north(coaching is their achilles heel),. but noone is a lock in the division
7-8 games are very capable because of schedule.
wow, your the first person to ever make a crack on pinkel, seriously :sin,1999:
of course, MU has been to what 4 bowl games in the last 20 years......once a proud program.
could be 3 out of 20
kind of sad, really.
glad you care so much, get your issue of tigerpaws yet
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Great. There's an addled Diogenes in the CFB forum as well.

Backpedal much, dumbfuck?

You think that they can win 8 games, but still not have a shot at the North.

You did some heavy LSD as a teen, yes?
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

War Wagon wrote:Great. There's an addled Diogenes in the CFB forum as well.

Backpedal much, dumbfuck?

You think that they can win 8 games, but still not have a shot at the North.

You did some heavy LSD as a teen, yes?
7 or 8 means

they go 4-0 to cream puffers

4-4 or 3-5 in conference.

yeah dumbass, they still won't win the conference.

oh yeah, you don't know that all teams play 12 games this year? :shocked:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Adelpiero wrote: they go 4-0 to cream puffers
Being from the SEC, Mississippi isn't exactly a pushover, and neither is New Mexico in Albuquerque who beat our ass last year in Columbia.

Cream puffers?

Are you fucking stoopid? Silly me, why did I ask that question? I already know the answer.

If they get off to a 4-0 to start, break out the champagne.
4-4 or 3-5 in conference.

yeah dumbass, they still won't win the conference.

I say 6-2, as they'll defend Faurot field at home 4-0 and steal 2 roadies.

Why do I say that, you ask?

Simple. That's the way I roll.

I want to win and expect to win, whilst you wring your hands and whine incessantly about how badly they suck before the first snap.

Have some fuckin' pride (however foreign that concept may seem to you), man.

Either come in here and back your team with some bawdy bravado, or quit wasting your time making excuses and just STFU.

In essence bitch, I'm telling you to quit sucking so hard that every Big XII school in tornado alley considers you their personal mascot.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

new mexico sucks

baskett gone, their #1 rb gone, their qb gone. these guys had over 400 yards of offense by themselves at faurot field last year

ole miss is not a good team, rebuilding, and should be easy pickins for an experienced mu, well, pinkel is still coach, so it could be a nail biter.

the whole season comes down to daniel and his shitty offenive coord. if daniel can move the ball, then anything is possible, but christiansen is dead weight, he tried to ruin smith, why would he do any different with daniel.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:Either come in here and back your team with some bawdy bravado, or quit wasting your time making excuses and just STFU.
That's the NFL Forum way. In the CFB Forum, we live with our heads out of our asses sans m2 and noj.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Adelpiero wrote:
King Crimson wrote:mizzou sucks on D and will not win the North.
untrue, their defense will be much improved, they more than likely wont win the north(coaching is their achilles heel),. but noone is a lock in the division
7-8 games are very capable because of schedule.
wow, your the first person to ever make a crack on pinkel, seriously :sin,1999:
could be 3 out of 20
kind of sad, really.
glad you care so much, get your issue of tigerpaws yet

i've followed the Big 8 since about 1975....but you sound awfully defensive. prehaps you prefer the standard anonymity and basic irrelevance that comes with being a Mizzou fan up in here. yeah, the CFB board is overfull with Pinkel resets. good point there. :meds:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"