Mike Davis = class....Landon Turner Senior Day he never had

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Arch Angel
Elwood

Mike Davis = class....Landon Turner Senior Day he never had

Post by Arch Angel »

Knight can kiss my hairy ass by not giving this young man, at that time, his due. Classless, I say. Mike Davis, even though he is gone, did something that made me proud, giving Landon Turner, paralyzed by an auto accident, his senior day.

Thanks Mike Davis and God bless you for being a real class act unlike your horse ass previous coach who will be buried face down when he is dead and gone.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

VERY uninformed. Do you have any idea about what coach Knight has done for Landon Turner? Do you have any idea how much Landon Turner loves coach Knight? I was in the Assembly Hall yesterday and watched/listened as MOST of Turner's speech was a tribute to coach Knight. Mike Davis, though, has shown his best in these last two weeks and saluted the fans and state of Indiana, something he rarely did during his tenure here.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Oh yeah, spot on with this post Arch. :meds:

http://www.thetimesonline.com/articles/ ... 03dcc6.txt

Sentenced to life in a wheelchair, faster than you can sneeze.

And then Knight stepped in, extending a lifeline without being asked. He arranged for Turner to attend every IU home game and have access to the locker room, a practice that continued after Knight was fired.

"He's a very special guy. If I need anything, I can always call on him," said Turner. "When I got hurt, he went out and did a lot of charity work; speaking engagements to raise money. He started the Landon Turner Trust Fund and had people all over the country giving. He raised over $450,000 to help buy wheelchairs and stuff."

Knight, of course, is not a walking billboard. His charity work is private and not publicized, and when word of it leaks out, he gets really, really mad.

"Most of the media likes to dwell on the negative," Turner charged. "When you say something nice about Coach Knight, people don't want to hear that. They want to hear if he's cussed somebody out, if he's hit somebody, if he's thrown a chair.

"He's gone off like that, but he's also done a lot of positive things. He's a good man."
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

Knight is still a horse's ass and always will be one.
He's gone off like that, but he's also done a lot of positive things. He's a good man."

Like what? Choking a young man and shooting a person. He and Cheney should bud up and see who makes it out of the woods alive.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Mace wrote:Your hatred of Knight obviously overshadows any common sense that you might have and you've totally ignored that Knight is extremely loyal to his players/former players who have been loyal to him. That's a positive quality, btw, and it's not the case with all college coaches. You don't have to like him (and there's plenty not to like), but you should at least recognize and respect the good things that he's done for his players rather than fabricating yet another reason for hating him with a lame thread about senior night and Landon Turner.

Mace
RACK

Once again Mace gets it.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

Ditto. One of the best posts I've read. There are bunches of Knight ass kissers around here that idolize him and thinks he does no wrong, hoping and praying for that magical day that he'll return to Bloomington. Uh....ain't happening. Then there are others that detest everything the man has ever done and everything he stands for. BOTH sides are incredibly naiive and just plain stupid. I fall somewhere in the middle. I look at all the great things he's done (much of which is unknown...his choice), the players that revere him, and those 3 big banners hanging in the Hall. I also look at all the idiotic, juvenile, boorish, immature, etc. things he's said and done. Can't look at one without the other. But when it comes down to the bottom line, I go along with guys like Turner and other former players he's helped out who have nothing but great things to say about him.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

^^^ Ditto ^^^
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

The good in Bobby Knight is very, very good.

The bad in Bobby Knight is very, very bad.

There was a story about Knight on the ND boards today, and the above statement was made. I agree with it. Now the "bad" isn't drinking and driving, cheating on his wife, etc. It's basically him acting like an asshole in front of others and treating some of his players like shit (in public).

One story that I did not know, I learned today. When ND basketball star David Rivers was in a horrible auto accident, Digger Phelps was rushing to the hospital, but couldn't get there quickly. The first person at the hospital, Bobby Knight. And he stayed there until Rivers was out of danger.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Killian wrote:Now the "bad" isn't drinking and driving, cheating on his wife, etc. It's basically him acting like an asshole
Sums it up, the bad stuff is simply Knight being an asshole. In the book 'Same Knight, Different Channel' thats kinda how the author puts it as well when talking about the "zero tolerance" fiasco. He said just call it what it was or should have been: don't be an asshole.

Biased to be sure but IMO...

Knight's good >>>>>>>>>> Knight's bad
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Killian wrote:One story that I did not know, I learned today. When ND basketball star David Rivers was in a horrible auto accident, Digger Phelps was rushing to the hospital, but couldn't get there quickly. The first person at the hospital, Bobby Knight. And he stayed there until Rivers was out of danger.
I did not know about that either. I remember that accident like it was yesterday. Rack Knight for that, although I'm not a fan in general of him.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Shine wrote:
Killian wrote:Now the "bad" isn't drinking and driving, cheating on his wife, etc. It's basically him acting like an asshole
Sums it up, the bad stuff is simply Knight being an asshole. In the book 'Same Knight, Different Channel' thats kinda how the author puts it as well when talking about the "zero tolerance" fiasco. He said just call it what it was or should have been: don't be an asshole.

Biased to be sure but IMO...

Knight's good >>>>>>>>>> Knight's bad
That's the largest frustration I, and many others, have with the guy. The easiest thing in the world is the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Knight goes above and beyond in so many facets of his life yet he has a problem doing the easiest thing there is to do...be nice to people. He could be revered like Lombardi, but he chooses to divide his following...not that he cares, but he does.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

Arch Angel wrote:
Like what? Choking a young man and shooting a person. He and Cheney should bud up and see who makes it out of the woods alive.
What the FUKK? Have you ever seen the tape of Knight "choking" Neil Reed? All he did was shove him back with his hand....not even a split second where he grasped his hands around the kid's neck. What the fukk was wrong with that? This country is turning into a bunch of pussies.