UNION YES!

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

UNION YES!

Post by MSUFAN »

Wa. Post wrote:The coalition includes the United Auto Workers, International Union of Electrical Workers-Communication Workers of America, United Steelworkers, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, and International Union of Operating Engineers.

The coordinated campaign is designed to develop support and solidarity among workers and retirees, as well as garner public attention and shareholder support, said Paul Krell, a UAW spokesman.

Krell would not comment on what actions the group will take in the next few weeks. He expects a blitz of information through various channels to raise public awareness of what the unions view as the bankruptcy protection's devastating impact on workers and the communities.

"We are hoping it will be the great awakening," said James Clark, president of the IUE-CWA, Delphi's second-largest union in the coalition, with 8,500 workers and 3,000 retirees. "This is not just going on with just Delphi, but the airline industry and corporate America. We're hoping this will get the attention of the public and Capitol Hill."
Meanwhile, our great President has done NOTHING to quell the flight of corporations related to the auto industry and their suppliers to China, Mexico and elsewhere. Tens of thousands of jobs. Many formerly in states like Ohio. Who recently had the misfortune of being the swing state in the re-election of the worst job rated president in modern day memory! 100,000 stinkin votes!

Thanks, Ohio. How you did it, I'll never fully know.

Instead, we get 3+ more years of a President, who'd seemingly gladly sit by and turn a blind eye to this huge growing problem. And why should he fix it? Or even appear to?! He's just carping to his constituants. His cronies generous payola.

Quid pro quo.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Why should Bush give two shits about what the Unions think when they voted against him across the board?

Just because Ohio went to Bush in 2004 doesn't mean that one ounce of that vote was union driven.

You're the wrong person to try to wage a political debate, dumbfuck.
Variable
Untitled

Re: UNION YES!

Post by Variable »

MSUFAN wrote:
Wa. Post wrote:The coalition includes the United Auto Workers, International Union of Electrical Workers-Communication Workers of America, United Steelworkers, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, and International Union of Operating Engineers.

The coordinated campaign is designed to develop support and solidarity among workers and retirees, as well as garner public attention and shareholder support, said Paul Krell, a UAW spokesman.

Krell would not comment on what actions the group will take in the next few weeks. He expects a blitz of information through various channels to raise public awareness of what the unions view as the bankruptcy protection's devastating impact on workers and the communities.

"We are hoping it will be the great awakening," said James Clark, president of the IUE-CWA, Delphi's second-largest union in the coalition, with 8,500 workers and 3,000 retirees. "This is not just going on with just Delphi, but the airline industry and corporate America. We're hoping this will get the attention of the public and Capitol Hill."
Meanwhile, our great President has done NOTHING to quell the flight of corporations related to the auto industry and their suppliers to China, Mexico and elsewhere. Tens of thousands of jobs. Many formerly in states like Ohio. Who recently had the misfortune of being the swing state in the re-election of the worst job rated president in modern day memory! 100,000 stinkin votes!

Thanks, Ohio. How you did it, I'll never fully know.

Instead, we get 3+ more years of a President, who'd seemingly gladly sit by and turn a blind eye to this huge growing problem. And why should he fix it? Or even appear to?! He's just carping to his constituants. His cronies generous payola.

Quid pro quo.
So the problem isn't that unions want $25/hour for unskilled labor?

Sucks for those guys that are out of a job, but their union priced them right out of the market. Not that they can compete with China and their $3/hour, but at current pay rates companies have no valid reason to stay in the US.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Variable wrote:So the problem isn't that unions want $25/hour for unskilled labor?
How skilled did Ken Lay have to be to drive Enron under?
Sucks for those guys that are out of a job, but their union priced them right out of the market. Not that they can compete with China and their $3/hour, but at current pay rates companies have no valid reason to stay in the US.
It sucks for them that their unions and government won't adress the real issue of worker abuse worldwide. The US, for the time being, is still the biggest economy in the world. That ought to count for something. But it doesn't because the last thing our government is interested in is ending poor working conditions for 3rd world labor, no matter how much it would benefit workers here.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Jimmy Medalions
Student Body Right

Post by Jimmy Medalions »

BSmack wrote:
Variable wrote:So the problem isn't that unions want $25/hour for unskilled labor?
Once again BBottomfeeder is unable to stay on topic.
DeWayne Walker wrote:"They could have put 55 points on us today. I was happy they didn't run the score up. . . .
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Remind us again why the US is obligated to address global labor abuses??

We are not, not morally, not legally, not economically.

And the reason the US has such extensive labor protections is because we are a wealthy nation. Impose that shit on developing economies and they'd be finished.

So fuckoff with your sob-story bullshit, bitch.

Lastly, the President can do nothing to limit the overseas investment of US corporations. Congress could try, but like price controls, they'd fuck the economy much more they would help it.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

BSmack wrote:
To be fair, it was a team effort. But no, it didn't take much skill to make a company that big go completely south. It sure took a hell of a lot of skill to get it from a small Texas holding company to that point though.
BSmack wrote:
Variable wrote:Sucks for those guys that are out of a job, but their union priced them right out of the market. Not that they can compete with China and their $3/hour, but at current pay rates companies have no valid reason to stay in the US.
It sucks for them that their unions and government won't adress the real issue of worker abuse worldwide. The US, for the time being, is still the biggest economy in the world. That ought to count for something. But it doesn't because the last thing our government is interested in is ending poor working conditions for 3rd world labor, no matter how much it would benefit workers here.
It really doesn't matter if we're interested in it or not. They've got us bent over a barrel. If we want to slap tariffs on their goods as a penalty for having poor working conditions and low wages, a country like China will block American telelcom companies, automakers, etc, from expanding there. This will cost American businesses billions in lost potential revenue and send our stock market into the shitter. Yeah, I'm sure Bush is chomping at the bit to sign up for THAT shitstorm of negative press.

They could tax companies that leave the US at a higher level or slap import tariffs on their goods as an incentive to remain in the US, but that'll happen right around never, regardless of who's in office.

There are some changes that don't involve US workers that can be made, but the day Clinton signed NAFTA marked the beginning of the end of some guy making $35 to beep the horn on a Festiva to make sure it's in the key of "F". A lot of this problem lies right at the fucking doorstep of the union bosses.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Well, we have an interesting troika of posters. I see Jimmy Meds has chosen a stunning combination of a non sequiter and an ad hominem to accent his already stunning ignorance. Then we have the idiot from Detroit blessing us with a dazzling 1-2 punch of hate filled invective and the gratuitous, yet oddly timed insult. And of course we have the recently converted OC Mike who is trying to reason that if we are going to get fucked by big business we should just lay back and enjoy it.

And we wonder why we are slipping steadily from a society that used to support an average of 4 people on one paycheck to one that can barely support one person on one paycheck.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

And of course we have the recently converted OC Mike who is trying to reason that if we are going to get fucked by big business we should just lay back and enjoy it.
So the problem isn't that unions want $25/hour for unskilled labor?

Sounds more like it is big labor fucking their own members here.

Nothing new.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Unions exist in primitive fields.

Unions are 100% American, but when an industry dies off and clanking 2 rocks together doesn't produce hatchets for citizens then it is time for America to evolve.

Unions belong in Walmart, Insurance industries, IT Departments, Sales Forces, Grocery Stores, Car Lots, etc.

The modern union is an ancient corrupt Gambino family operation and should be taken out back and shot. It needs to evolve like doctors and nurses did when they started forming unions.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

DrDetroit wrote:Remind us again why the US is obligated to address global labor abuses??

We are not, not morally, not legally, not economically.

And the reason the US has such extensive labor protections is because we are a wealthy nation. Impose that shit on developing economies and they'd be finished.

So fuckoff with your sob-story bullshit, bitch.

Lastly, the President can do nothing to limit the overseas investment of US corporations. Congress could try, but like price controls, they'd fuck the economy much more they would help it.

I'm for an America where unions represent us Americans and act progressively to ensure their worker provide 40 hour work weeks for the company they are contracted with, because a good union would identify you as the lazy ass who won't leave his computer when everyone else is working and kick you out, thereby allowing the company to fire you.

See, most of us have jobs.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

BSmack wrote:Well, we have an interesting troika of posters. I see Jimmy Meds has chosen a stunning combination of a non sequiter and an ad hominem to accent his already stunning ignorance. Then we have the idiot from Detroit blessing us with a dazzling 1-2 punch of hate filled invective and the gratuitous, yet oddly timed insult. And of course we have the recently converted OC Mike who is trying to reason that if we are going to get fucked by big business we should just lay back and enjoy it.
I've just read that post, done the calculations and this is in fact the EPITOME of comedy. We may as well stop posting now.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
BSmack wrote:Well, we have an interesting troika of posters. I see Jimmy Meds has chosen a stunning combination of a non sequiter and an ad hominem to accent his already stunning ignorance. Then we have the idiot from Detroit blessing us with a dazzling 1-2 punch of hate filled invective and the gratuitous, yet oddly timed insult. And of course we have the recently converted OC Mike who is trying to reason that if we are going to get fucked by big business we should just lay back and enjoy it.
I've just read that post, done the calculations and this is in fact the EPITOME of comedy. We may as well stop posting now.
It was truly a great post and to have a penguin come in and highlight it as thus, means tommorrow will be a great day.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote: And we wonder why we are slipping steadily from a society that used to support an average of 4 people on one paycheck to one that can barely support one person on one paycheck.
Want to know one big reason? Feminism. In 1960 4 folks lived off a paycheck, because, well, 1 in 4 had yobs outside the home. Dad went to work, the kids went to school and mom stayed home and fukked the milkman. Then oneday, some bitch said, why should we stay home? We want yobs too, so we can have 3 cars, 4 TVs and somebody to fukk other than that pencil dick milkman. Now, all of a sudden, you increase the % of folks working. WTF do you think is gonna happen to the avg. wage?

There are other factors such as the fact that the rest of the world either lay in ruins or we weren't trading with them anyhow.

The bottom line is we have two choices. Protectionism which could keep wages higher for awhile, but, it fukks up the rest of the economy or opening things up which results in lower wages, but, hopefully, over time, our trading partners wages will rise enough to reduce this effect.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

BSmack wrote: It sucks for them that their unions and government won't adress the real issue of worker abuse worldwide. The US, for the time being, is still the biggest economy in the world. That ought to count for something. But it doesn't because the last thing our government is interested in is ending poor working conditions for 3rd world labor, no matter how much it would benefit workers here.
:lol:

Typical liberal. Is upset because he feels our government is doing nothing to help labor conditions in third world countries. But is even more upset when our government forces out the tyrannical regimes of two middle eastern countries and liberates 50 million people.

hypocrite.

go fuck yourself.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sirfindafold wrote:Typical liberal. Is upset because he feels our government is doing nothing to help labor conditions in third world countries. But is even more upset when our government forces out the tyrannical regimes of two middle eastern countries and liberates 50 million people.
Leave it to a typical dumbfuck to not realize that poor working conditions in the 3rd world create a marketplace that is detrimental to labor EVERYWHERE.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

BSmack wrote:Leave it to a typical dumbfuck to not realize that poor working conditions in the 3rd world create a marketplace that is detrimental to labor EVERYWHERE.
Take your foot out of your mouth and tell me where I disagreed with that statement.

then go fuck yourself.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Sirfindafold wrote:
BSmack wrote:Leave it to a typical dumbfuck to not realize that poor working conditions in the 3rd world create a marketplace that is detrimental to labor EVERYWHERE.
Take your foot out of your mouth and tell me where I disagreed with that statement.
Let's just say that your priorities are fucked.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Variable wrote:It really doesn't matter if we're interested in it or not. They've got us bent over a barrel. If we want to slap tariffs on their goods as a penalty for having poor working conditions and low wages, a country like China will block American telelcom companies, automakers, etc, from expanding there. This will cost American businesses billions in lost potential revenue and send our stock market into the shitter. Yeah, I'm sure Bush is chomping at the bit to sign up for THAT shitstorm of negative press.
Exactly. Free trade means properity for everyone involved. And only prosperous nations can afford the extensive labor and environmental protections that Democrats lament the absence of in third world and developing nations.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Gunslinger wrote: I'm for an America where unions represent us Americans and act progressively to ensure their worker provide 40 hour work weeks for the company they are contracted with, because a good union would identify you as the lazy ass who won't leave his computer when everyone else is working and kick you out, thereby allowing the company to fire you.

See, most of us have jobs.
First, I note that you could not even address the points that you quoted.

Second, unions are not intended to represent "us Americans." They represent their members.

Third, since when do you unions cull their own?
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Bsmack with a huge blast to the corporate whigs.

Nice.

Also; There are ALL kinds of incentives and breaks a government can offer to keep corporations at home more. And keep the level of compensation for Labor at least close to where it's been historically.

Secondly; If all the unskilled Union workers were so highly paid all these years and were soaking their companies, why did the Big Three post such HUGE profits, up until just these recent last few years or so?! Seems they soaked up those HIGHLY paid non skilled lazy Union workers wages and benefits, by the pricing of their various vehicles.

It's more likely the lazy, fat cat corporate board room managers who dropped the ball. The Ball that Clinton gave to them on a platter. The '90's Economic BOOM!

NAFTA was NOT intended, nor set up as a LOOPHOLE for U.S. homebased corporations to skeedaddle out to foreign countries, in order to grab a cheap buck, while squelching the Unions back home.

No, the Auto industry and it's related suppliers, have decided to go the Airliner Card. Screw the Unions as far as you can, and then just threaten them with bankruptcy and liquidation of most of their benefits and promised care packages.

You corporate schrills from the Right amaize me.

So typical.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:Exactly. Free trade means properity for everyone involved.
Except the millions of people forced to work for less than subsistence wages with no medical care for companies who have despoiled their farmland, creating a captive labor force.

No prosperity for them. And there is less prosperity for ALL workers when workers are played off one another.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Also; There are ALL kinds of incentives and breaks a government can offer to keep corporations at home more. And keep the level of compensation for Labor at least close to where it's been historically.
Bwahahahaaaa...a flaming liberal demanding corporate welfare??

Oh, and corporate wages are not regressing, idiot.
Secondly; If all the unskilled Union workers were so highly paid all these years and were soaking their companies, why did the Big Three post such HUGE profits, up until just these recent last few years or so?! Seems they soaked up those HIGHLY paid non skilled lazy Union workers wages and benefits, by the pricing of their various vehicles.
Where do you even begin with nonsense like this?

Competition in the auto market has made it more and more difficult to simply pass on huge wage increases and health care cost increases to consumers, idiot.
It's more likely the lazy, fat cat corporate board room managers who dropped the ball. The Ball that Clinton gave to them on a platter. The '90's Economic BOOM!

Typical Democrats, stealing credit from the average worker and consumer to blow smoke up their hero's ass.
NAFTA was NOT intended, nor set up as a LOOPHOLE for U.S. homebased corporations to skeedaddle out to foreign countries, in order to grab a cheap buck, while squelching the Unions back home.

No shit, idiot. They were doing it before NAFTA.
No, the Auto industry and it's related suppliers, have decided to go the Airliner Card. Screw the Unions as far as you can, and then just threaten them with bankruptcy and liquidation of most of their benefits and promised care packages.
1) The unions have not been getting screwed. Idiot, how much do employees share in their health care? Idiot, how much do these companies contribute to their retirement? Yeah, the unions are getting screwed alright. :roll:

2) And the unions share no responsibility here? Their routine and consistent demands for higher wages, better health care, and more lucrative retirement factors have nothing to do with labor costs, right?

I refuse to buy the story that these companies are 100% to blame. The unions and the employees they represent are complicit in this.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

BSmack wrote:
Except the millions of people forced to work for less than subsistence wages with no medical care for companies who have despoiled their farmland, creating a captive labor force.

No prosperity for them. And there is less prosperity for ALL workers when workers are played off one another.
Who are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

Your bullshit "woe is they" argument is just that...bullshit. Take that shit to Democratic Underground where someone is actually buying it.
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

MSUFAN wrote:Secondly; If all the unskilled Union workers were so highly paid all these years and were soaking their companies, why did the Big Three post such HUGE profits, up until just these recent last few years or so?! Seems they soaked up those HIGHLY paid non skilled lazy Union workers wages and benefits, by the pricing of their various vehicles.
The Big Three posted huge profits because they were selling cars like crazy due to their employee pricing program. Or essentially, they were artificially driving up sales with a once-in-a-generation sale.

Uh, dumbass? If the wages of the automobile industry's "gitter-done's" were soaked up by the pricing of their vehicles then that means that WE soaked them up, not the automakers. Thanks for bringing up another reason why unions suck: Higher prices for the consumer, or effectively, a tax on the general public to subsidize the income of some dolt with a GED.
And of course we have the recently converted OC Mike who is trying to reason that if we are going to get fucked by big business we should just lay back and enjoy it.
Play "fun with the past" all you want, Mr. Selective Memory, but I've always been anti-union and you know it. Unions do nothing but perpetuate the existence and strength of the union, protect the lowest common denominator and hold talented people back in both potential wages and achievement. ...but other than that they're great!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Who are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

Your bullshit "woe is they" argument is just that...bullshit. Take that shit to Democratic Underground where someone is actually buying it.
I see you've downloaded your talking points. That's the second time in 10 minutes I've seen the "take that to the Dem Underground" line.

If you don't know who or what I am talking about, then I suggest you Google Nike, Reebok or sweatshop wages for starters. Maybe you might want to do a search for Bophal and see how Union Carbide treated those people?

Seriously, you must be completely fucking ignorant.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

How typically fucking arrogant liberals are. Jobs are not "real" unless they meet the definition the liberals approve of.

I guess all those people who would otherwise be unemployed are actually worse off with those jobs provided by Nike, Reebok, etc., right?

Oh, and I suppose that you are now proposing that the US somehow unilaterally compel these other nations to impose labor laws, environmental laws, etc.?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:How typically fucking arrogant liberals are. Jobs are not "real" unless they meet the definition the liberals approve of. I guess all those people who would otherwise be unemployed are actually worse off with those jobs provided by Nike, Reebok, etc., right?
No, they would be farming. On their own land.
Oh, and I suppose that you are now proposing that the US somehow unilaterally compel these other nations to impose labor laws, environmental laws, etc.?
If it came to that, yes. But unlike Chimpy, I would prefer that we move in concert with the world community to try to raise the standards for all.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Farming? Okay, lets consider your argument here.

Sweatshops do not exist in all African countries. And even if they did, not all people are employed in that capacity. That necessarily means that there are many, many people available to "farm." Yet, what do we see? A starving continent.

Square this for me.
If it came to that, yes. But unlike Chimpy, I would prefer that we move in concert with the world community to try to raise the standards for all.
Great idea...now who pays for it?
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

I know I've said it before, but I find it really difficult to read anything on a thread that has this in it:

Any more pics where that came from? Can somebody set me up on a date with that chick? Pealse?

She turns me into General Fooken Peters.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

I just get such a kick out of these fucking nazi, corporate schrills, man.

People who would care less about the overall well being of the general hard working blue collar american worker.

Married 15 years. 2 kids getting ready for college. A halfway nice house. 2 cars, maybe.

All this poor fucker wants is to be compensated fairly, for the skills he's aquired, and in turn helped generate millions, if not Billions; in NET annual profits for some company.

But, just so they can argue, we get people like Dr. and his butt bongo love slave, mvscal; who simply don't even bat an eyelash at the overwhelming problems faced by millions of working poor americans.

They'd rather spew their fascist venom.

The State. The State. The STATE.

Nice work, fellas. You fit your arguments to a tee.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Dr.D wrote:1) The unions have not been getting screwed. Idiot, how much do employees share in their health care?
--- More and more, every year. While recieving less and less services! Especially under the current conservative climate. One that is encouraged, nay, CULTIVATED by the likes of this White House.
Dr.D. wrote:Idiot, how much do these companies contribute to their retirement?
--- Less, and Less, as we type!
Dr.D. wrote:2) And the unions share no responsibility here? Their routine and consistent demands for higher wages, better health care, and more lucrative retirement factors have nothing to do with labor costs, right?
--- Offset nicely by the corporations bartering for lower wages; LESS healthcare coverages, at even higher rates paid by employees and retirees. (See GM, just recently, dumbass). And the only "lucrative retirement" going on is in the bigshot boardroom execs, and their multi-million dollar sweetheart deals!
Dr.D. wrote:I refuse to buy the story that these companies are 100% to blame. The unions and the employees they represent are complicit in this.
---- So, essentially, you are disparaging on all American Unionized workers? Why? The "Unions", ARE the workers, doofus! The Committee men and stewards are voted on, and are regular Joes, just like the rank and file who voted for them!

So, what you're really saying is that 100's of thousands of Union workers are to blame for these companies going belly up, or being "forced" into asking for unbelievable wage and benefit cuts!? - Hardly.

It can't be that the companies have been getting FAT off the backs of the workers, but not properly investing back into their companies infrastructures, development and research/technology departments. (All mostly NON-Union workers, I might add.)

You really think I'm that stupid?

The corporate greed at the expense of millions of decent middleclass americans backs, is running amok. And the schrills like you are there to make jest of the cry by the Unions to stop the leaking of decent jobs overseas.

Man.

How un-american can you be?

Traitor.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

--- More and more, every year. While recieving less and less services! Especially under the current conservative climate. One that is encouraged, nay, CULTIVATED by the likes of this White House.

Higher contributions and reduced benefits? Link? Seriously...do you just lie because you think you get over or do you lie because you have nothing else to fall back on?

Sorry, but $5/$10 prescription drug riders, $100/$200 deductibles, and $20 office visit co-pays are minimal contributions towards health care.
--- Less, and Less, as we type!
There you go, again.
--- Offset nicely by the corporations bartering for lower wages; LESS healthcare coverages, at even higher rates paid by employees and retirees. (See GM, just recently, dumbass). And the only "lucrative retirement" going on is in the bigshot boardroom execs, and their multi-million dollar sweetheart deals!

Dumbass, employers and unions do not "barter."

Link us to the GM information, dumbass.

Lastly, union members are not due "lucrative" retirement packages.
---- So, essentially, you are disparaging on all American Unionized workers? Why? The "Unions", ARE the workers, doofus! The Committee men and stewards are voted on, and are regular Joes, just like the rank and file who voted for them!
Yes, I am ripping American unionized workers. They are a drain on this economy.
So, what you're really saying is that 100's of thousands of Union workers are to blame for these companies going belly up, or being "forced" into asking for unbelievable wage and benefit cuts!? - Hardly.

No, but I understand your misunderstanding.

I said that union workers are as complicit as the employers themselves. Unions employees make these absurd demands and management for decades has met those demands. No one held a gun to the head of either side to negotiate these contracts. And the writing has been on the wall for at least the last ten years as it relates to retirement costs and health care costs.
It can't be that the companies have been getting FAT off the backs of the workers, but not properly investing back into their companies infrastructures, development and research/technology departments. (All mostly NON-Union workers, I might add.)
Okay, lets set you straight on this...

1) You have no idea what it means to "properly" re-invest profits;

2) You have no business attempting to suggest that companies are not "properly" reinvesting their profits; and

3) It's none of your fucking business and it will remain that way until you put your money where your mouth is and actually invest your $$ in these firms.

These companies don't stuff their profits under a fucking mattress and you have no idea how they re-invest in their companies.
The corporate greed at the expense of millions of decent middleclass americans backs, is running amok. And the schrills like you are there to make jest of the cry by the Unions to stop the leaking of decent jobs overseas.
Corporate greed my ass. It's amazing how you people demonize profits and yet keep expecting these firms to provide all these jobs paying the wages that you think they should pay.

Jobs are not being leaked out of this economy. Dollars are. Jobs don't leave this country, the $$ that pays for them does. And this has been happening for decades and is a good thing. As I have demonstrated here before...for every $1 that is invested overseas by US firms, these forms realize a net $1.30 return.

BTW - when are you going to protest German, Korean and Japanese auto firms locating their factories here in the US?
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Dr.Headinthesand wrote:"Link us to GM information, dumbass."
Here, shitforbrains, corporate fascist pig.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/200 ... htm?csp=26

GM to save 25% and Billions in dollars next year.

Twit.

I believe they call that; "SCO--BODE!" :lol:

And btw - here's another shoot down of one of your comments.
I've never bought, nor would I buy, any fucking Jap, Korean or Kraut vehicle.

Ever.

So, while I'm sure Joe Toyota worker in Georgetown Ky. loves his job. He's so nieve to what that company does to him, compared to what he could do making American brands, at AMERICAN factories; I really could care less about them.

My cousin worked for Toyota. He got hurt on the job, badly. The co. screwed him, and so did his state compensation program. He's been bitter ever since.

If guy woulda had a decent Union, and worked in a state where they take care of their blue collar, hard working men and women, he'd have gotten the fair shake ANY company should be held to. But, no. Since it was Toyota, and hickville KY., he was screwed!

THAT'S what Unions do. Ceptin these dang KY. hayseeds don't know no better, and they flocked to those 10.00/hr. auto jobs!

Dip.

Shit, in fact; by them arseholes taking those jobs, under those pay and benefit levels, it was a direct afront to all the Union workers, who'd been loyal to AMERICAN cars and trucks.

"Shop where you work" -- Ever heard that saying? Well; I sure as hell ain't sending my hard earned CASH to a damn JAP boardroom in Tokyo!
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

(hmmmmmmmmmm...........)

Funny. 3 fuggin days, yet Doc doesn't seem to be able to respond to the shower rod I inserted in his arse.

Iodine shortage!? :lol:
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

MSUFAN wrote:I just get such a kick out of these fucking nazi, corporate schrills, man.

People who would care less about the overall well being of the general hard working blue collar american worker.

Married 15 years. 2 kids getting ready for college. A halfway nice house. 2 cars, maybe.

All this poor fucker wants is to be compensated fairly, for the skills he's aquired, and in turn helped generate millions, if not Billions; in NET annual profits for some company.

But, just so they can argue, we get people like Dr. and his butt bongo love slave, mvscal; who simply don't even bat an eyelash at the overwhelming problems faced by millions of working poor americans.

They'd rather spew their fascist venom.

The State. The State. The STATE.

Nice work, fellas. You fit your arguments to a tee.
Yeh, they won't post to you if you make them look retarded. Diogenes is off for a short time to wait out the post I did to him, he's another example.

You can't argue with these dipshits. Dr. Detroit is the greatest example. The fucker posts from work all day and talks about hard work and earning your keep. Pure fucking amazing.
MSUFAN
Spineless Pussy

Post by MSUFAN »

Here's MORE for Doctor.

The NW Air Pilots took one in the ass, because of the threats!

The shit I alluded to previously in this thread, have been going on, and ENCOURAGED by this admin. for years. Yet this ass Dr. tries to pull the wool and spin his typical corporate supply side bullshit.
the AP wrote:The vote was 63.6 percent in favor of the temporary pay cuts, said Hal Myers, spokesman for the Northwest branch of the Air Line Pilots Association.

The deal will slash hourly pay rates by 23.9 percent, saving Northwest $215 million per year. That's on top of a 15 percent wage reduction that took effect last year. :shock:

Pilots for Eagan, Minn.-based Northwest earn $35,000 to $206,000, depending on seniority and the planes they fly. :shock:

Northwest, Michigan's largest passenger air carrier, issued a statement saying it was pleased with the ratification vote. - DUH!!!!

The airline flew through a mechanic's strike that began Aug. 20, but there has been no indication of plans to fly through a pilot's strike, and such a move could ground the airline for good.

Delta Air Lines Inc. on Monday labeled its own threatened pilots strike a "murder-suicide" that would effectively put it out of business. Northwest and Delta both filed for bankruptcy protection Sept. 14.
Gee, wonder where Delphi got their idea from!?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

MSUFAN wrote:(hmmmmmmmmmm...........)

Funny. 3 fuggin days, yet Doc doesn't seem to be able to respond to the shower rod I inserted in his arse.

Iodine shortage!? :lol:
The Dr. isn't with us right now.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I'm sure the CEO & other senior management officials from the airline lead by example by cutting their compensation by 39% as well. :meds: :lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:I'm sure the CEO & other senior management officials from the airline lead by example by cutting their compensation by 39% as well. :meds: :lol:
You're a funny guy. Don't you realize that there is nothing more valuable than executive leadership? Why, without Ken Lay, Enron would have been nothing more than a small holding company. But with him, they were the most colossal clusterfuck in the history of American business.

Now THAT's executive leadership in action.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown