And that sigh you heard was from the Fox execs

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

And that sigh you heard was from the Fox execs

Post by Rack Fu »

When they realized that the WS matchup is going to be the Houston Astros and Chicago White Sox. Granted, Chicago and Houston are the third and fourth most populated cities in the United States but neither team amounts to a hill of beans for national attention. I'll watch, as most of you will, because I love baseball and have never missed a WS. That said, this could be one of the lowest rated WS in quite some time. Not that I care.

* Yes, I am giving the NLCS to Houston. If St. Louis can sweep three games in which they will face Pettitte, Oswalt & Clemens - I will eat all the crow you can feed me.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

I thought that sound was everyone falling off the Angels bandwagon.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Props to the umps for changing the entire face of the series. That being said, I hope the Astros beat the hell out of Ozzie Guillen and his White Sux.
JCT
Merciless, suave and collected

Post by JCT »

Yeah that's it. The UMPS are why Vlad went 1- 20, Anderson went 3-17 and Choke Figgins K'd 30,000 times.
Cross Traffic
Eternal Scobode

Post by Cross Traffic »

Didn't say the umps were the only reason. Angels did have a Skankee like choke after game 2.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

go sox. fuck the haters. i had hou winning the pennant on gut instinct and phenominal pitching.

battle of the titans for the title. rack the fuck out of ozzie and rack the fuck out of joe crede THE FUCKING MONEY MAN (along with AJ).
kcdave
crusader

Re: And that sigh you heard was from the Fox execs

Post by kcdave »

Rack Fu wrote:When they realized that the WS matchup is going to be the Houston Astros and Chicago White Sox. Granted, Chicago and Houston are the third and fourth most populated cities in the United States but neither team amounts to a hill of beans for national attention. I'll watch, as most of you will, because I love baseball and have never missed a WS. That said, this could be one of the lowest rated WS in quite some time.
Chicago and Houston are the third and fourth most populated cities in the United States + I'll watch, as most of you will = "That said, this could be one of the lowest rated WS in quite some time."

1. Your math does not compute.
2. There is no law written stating NY or LA must be involved for people to watch.
3. The other networks throw their arms up months in advance by opting to go with reruns, or shit programming in the time slots.
4. Its the fucking World Series. People pay a buck a square, therefore they watch.
5. What you should have said is......... "And that sigh you heard was from the Fox execs" who were pissed the play-off ratings went to shit. ALCS over in 5 games, and more than likely NLCS over in 5 as well.

FTFY
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

Congratulations to Doug Eddings, 2005 American League MVP. If the Sox win the Series and don't vote that mensa a share, they're ungrateful pricks.
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Rich Fader wrote:Congratulations to Doug Eddings, 2005 American League MVP. If the Sox win the Series and don't vote that mensa a share, they're ungrateful pricks.
I think they should probably vote a share for Vlad, too.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Red Sox fan here!!

I liked the idea of the White Sox winning it since they haven't won since 1917! (Although they should have won in 1919!)

but that CALL in Game 2, left me with a sour taste! I have to give props to the Sox for taking advantage but it still tainted this series and will taint their World Series, if they win!!

The Cardinals have Tony LaLoser as their coach, so they don't stand a chance, even though the team is World Series worthy!!

The Astros are also a great story..They have never won a World Series!!
Hell, they have never been to one!!

Clemens, Petitte, Oswalt, Lidge..
The Killer B's.

The Astros winning the World Series would be the BEST STORY!! and so far, no taintage!!

The Killer B's and the Killer K's-- Burger King should pick up on this RIGHT NOW!!

and get rid of the hideous, stalker Burger King that is plaguing television these days!!

(okay maybe the word killer might be bad for business but it couldn't be worse than that plastic faced King freak!)- but I digress...

I'm picking the ASTROS!!

There, I said it--

Houston Astros in 6!!

I will be listening on my Boombox!!
while I work!
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

See You Next Wednesday wrote: I think they should probably vote a share for Vlad, too.
rack.

war great pitching beats great hitting in the postseason.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Fu, Clemens and Pettitte will command major attention. Hell, they will get so much run I can see the whining and bitching about Fox threads already. :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
UCant's 2,357th Troll

Post by UCant's 2,357th Troll »

Cross Traffic wrote:Props to the umps for changing the entire face of the series.
You are a total cunt. The umps didn't screw the Angels. What catcher doesn't tag a runner on 3rd strike NEAR the dirt... just to be sure??? Oh yeah... some scrub catcher who never plays... that's who.

It's not as if the Angels WERE WINNING THE GAME at the time the call was made either. The game wasn't "over" after the "bad call" was made. A couple of things still happened. Did the umps "let" dude steal second base, or "make" the Angels hang a curve ball to Crede? You are without a doubt, the smelliest and moistest snatch ever to disgrace this board. Go douche yourself.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:go sox. fuck the haters. i had hou winning the pennant on gut instinct and phenominal pitching.

battle of the titans for the title. rack the fuck out of ozzie and rack the fuck out of joe crede THE FUCKING MONEY MAN (along with AJ).

Props to your Sox, Screw...I hope you lived it up last night. That bogus call in Game 2 became a distant memory with their play in the three games in Anaheim. They won that series...period. They've returned to what made them successful for the majority of the season...great starting pitching and getting contributions from different guys in the lineup every night. Not to look too far ahead but White Sox-Astros would be a pitching lover's wet dream.
UCant's 2,357th Troll

Post by UCant's 2,357th Troll »

rozy wrote:Clemens and Pettitte will command major attention.
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

The only attention Clemens and Pettitte will be commanding is that of the fish they're luring 5 days from now.

:wingandaprayer:
RSoxFan
Elwood

Post by RSoxFan »

Obviously I won't be into the World Series anywhere near as much as last year, but I honestly like the matchup. If you do not like low scoring games however, then this series will not be for you.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Toddowen wrote:It's a mighty bad day for Rayder James.

The Raiders flop and The Angels fold.

Very. Fucking. True.

RACK my girl for knowing what was up and giving me the best blowjob and swallow i've had in quite a few years. It definitely took the edge off and made the day more bearable.

RACK the white sux.

UNRACK the pussy ass yankee fans who are bleeding, whiny cunts. No matter what happens, the Angels fucking PWN you bitches.
Frank Rizzo
Yankee Fan

Post by Frank Rizzo »

Toddowen wrote: these cumstain R-Sox fans in their Yankee Sucks garb at work were mopping the floors while attempting to listen to eminem on their puny piece of shit boom box. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEP

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jake Taylor
Elwood

Post by Jake Taylor »

methinks whoever is in series will be as exciting as the series in 97 between Indians and Marlins.
Image2007 Toyota Yaris
Jeff 2K5
Run from NFL

Post by Jeff 2K5 »

Jake Taylor wrote:methinks whoever is in series will be as exciting as the series in 97 between Indians and Marlins.
The pitching matchups will be great, when was the last time we had a WS with 7 stud starting pitchers?
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Jeff 2K5 wrote:
Jake Taylor wrote:methinks whoever is in series will be as exciting as the series in 97 between Indians and Marlins.
The pitching matchups will be great, when was the last time we had a WS with 7 stud starting pitchers?
Welcher.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

For a baseball fan, this is the best matchup we've had in recent memory. Instead of a Yankee lineup based soley on swinging for the fences on every pitch, it will be refreshing to see some hit n runs, sac bunts, dps, solid pitching, you know, some actual baseball strategy and fundamentals.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:For a baseball fan, this is the best matchup we've had in recent memory. Instead of a Yankee lineup based soley on swinging for the fences on every pitch, it will be refreshing to see some hit n runs, sac bunts, dps, solid pitching, you know, some actual baseball strategy and fundamentals.
Exactly, and Rackamundo.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

go sox

runs at a premium filters out the fairweather baseball fans.

war pitching duels and depeche mode.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Lowest rated World Series ever... so far.
T REX
Eternal Scobode

Post by T REX »

Rack Fu wrote:Lowest rated World Series ever... so far.
I was looking for this stat.....EVER...in the history of televised baseball.

Ouch. Telling stat.
Back-to-Back-to-Back National Champions

Florida Gators: Champions in Basketball '06, Football '06, and Basketball '07