cant get any worse can it?
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Re: Peace out Mike Stoops.

Post by DiT »

I can't see it being any worse.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Yes. You were better off with Stoops. Diaco sucks out loud.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Well it could depending on how much he wants to change things in the next few weeks. Thinking instead of acting isn’t a great way to play defense.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I have seen multiple reports saying it is Ruffin McNeill who will be the interim DC.

Given some of the tweets OU fans were sending calling themselves Texas Tech, this promotion for Ruffin makes sense.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Ruffin would be a much better pick. I believe McNeill is a 4-3 practitioner as was Mike Stoops. Bob Diaco was strictly 3-4 in his time at ND and UConn. Not sure about Nebraska, but I'm assuming that's what he was.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Mid-season coordinator changes always work out :meds: ...
Go Bucs, Gators
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Yep. McNeil.
Nope. Not Impressed.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the McNeil thing seemed destined to be and not electrifying at the same time. overwrought loyalty got us Mike 2.0.....i'm a big fan of loyalty in personal matters and some business matters.....and McNeil gave Riley his first OC shot....this feels temporary i hope. not sure what to think about Diaco or why he is in Norman or what he does.

OU's D problems run deeper than Mikey but it can't be much worse than UGA second half, Army (all respect to them but to play the option passively--at Owen Field!---is bizarre), first 3 quarters in Dallas just flat out getting pushed around. those are tough opponents but it's a results oriented business, the BTPCF.

i didn't see the OU-Texas game......my 99 year old grandmother broke her hip friday so i drove to OK from New Mexico with my uncle to help get her moved into a new place closer to my mom. different set of priorities. did hear it on the radio.....FWIW. OU radio guys....mostly old time Bob Stoops players.....were having a hard time with OU getting pushed around.....one flat out said: the team that is the most physical in this game wins 9/10 times. i might have added turnovers (not MIke's fault) and giving up 3rd and 20 twice....in MIke's backyard.

sounds about right.

not sure how McNeil fits into that scenario hard to see more Texas Tech/Leach influence making OU the Steel Curtain 2018.

not sure the OU D gets much better this year but can't get much worse.

like one of the longtime OKC newspaper writers said: too bad for OU it wasn't "make it, take it" in the 4th Q in Dallas.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

King Crimson wrote: like one of the longtime OKC newspaper writers said: too bad for OU it wasn't "make it, take it" in the 4th Q in Dallas.
Well if it was make it, take it OU might have lost by 50.

Best of luck to your grandmother. Rack you for the long drive to help out.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:
King Crimson wrote: like one of the longtime OKC newspaper writers said: too bad for OU it wasn't "make it, take it" in the 4th Q in Dallas.
Best of luck to your grandmother. Rack you for the long drive to help out.
thanks. 99 is a lot, but she's tough as they come.

edit: like you say, i was thinking driving across western OK that UT might do a little payback for the two times Landry Jones put 60 on Texas.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"