Conference championship week

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Shoalzie
WingNut

Conference championship week

Post by Shoalzie »

This is pretty much we've always wanted, right? The results of each Power 5 conference title game could play into who gets into the playoff.

USC vs. Stanford...can't really see a situation where Stanford gets in with a win but USC looks like a darkhorse candidate to crash the party. USC would have two wins over Stanford, who just beat Notre Dame...which is one of USC's losses. I think USC would need a scenario like TCU or Ohio State winning on Saturday. Stanford winning on Friday would basically make Saturday into a quarterfinal round.

Oklahoma vs. TCU...I think TCU winning would put them in a position to get in since they would cancel out their previous loss to the Sooners. Oklahoma wins and they're in...just a matter of where they're ranked. They could end up being the #1 seed.

Georgia vs. Auburn...win and you're in. No matter what happens in the other games, I can't see Alabama sneaking back into the field.

Clemson vs. Miami...win and you're in.

Wisconsin vs. Ohio State...I'd probably also put this in the "win and you're in" category. Wisconsin would be in for sure. Ohio State would be up for debate if you had USC win the Pac-12. TCU beating Oklahoma would set up an interesting debate between the Frogs and Buckeyes considering where the games against Oklahoma plays into it.