Tomorrow?
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Nobody cares.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Because the Yankees lost to the shitty Royals on June 1st, it means they have zero chance of making the playoffs.

Sincerely,
The Assassin
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
PrimeX wrote:Nobody cares.
FUCK YOU- RoyalsFan does. :evil:
I'd like to add a couple more fuck yous to that statement if you don't mind.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
it the entire reason they stayed in the AL. gotta keep that intense royals/yanks rivalry.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
KC Paul 3.0 wrote:
I'd like to add a couple more fuck yous to that statement if you don't mind.
Are you smacking me?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

LMAO!

I cant wait too watch the Royals sweep the wankers again in August.

In an epic melt ...... George will fire Torre, and lure Buddy away from the Royals....... Followed up with negotiating a deal with MLB to buy the Royals, hike their payroll too 150 million per year, with the agreement that they forfeit all six games too the wankers every year, for the rest of this century........ 2012, 2029, 2047, 2051, 2053, 2081, and 2096 "The New York Royals of Kansas City," WIN THE WORLD SERIES.

Kinda takes me back in time ......... Remember when the "Kansas City A's of New York," won all those pennants?

Fuck the wanks, George, wank fan, and most of all ..... their cash cow ..... the WES network. Nothing wrong with a little revenue sharing.
Funkywhiteboy
Wiseass

Re: Royals Win series from Yankees

Post by Funkywhiteboy »

Royals get this:
KC Scott wrote:Image
Yankees get this:

:twisted:
“If you look at folks of color, even women, they’re more
successful in the Democratic Party than they are in the white, uh,
excuse me, in the Republican Party.” (NPR Interview Of Howard Dean

<http://www.breitbart.tv/html/153493.html> , 8/15/08)
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

kcdave wrote: Fuck the wanks, George, wank fan, and most of all ..... their cash cow ..... the WES network. Nothing wrong with a little revenue sharing.
So, the Yankees should have to fork over revenue to the Royals because they know how to market their team better than the guy who runs Wal-Mart?

It's not like a guy whose primary business is shipbuilding should make more net profit than fuckin' Wal-Mart that the Glass family can't afford to spend more money on the team.

One too many fungo shots to the dome have you babbling like a fool.

Love him or hate him, Steinbrenner has surrounded himself with a great marketing team with a great business plan, operating well within the rules set forth by MLB.

A salary cap makes sense. Revenue sharing is the players' alternative choice so that they have no restrictions on what they can demand come contract time. Until MLB implements a salary cap, any other solution will result in the same shit we have now, if not worse.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Snippets from a Chowd..

Kansas City completed its first three-game sweep at home of the Yankees in 15 years.

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, was 0-for-4 with three strikeouts and is hitless in his last 13 at-bats after being named AL player of the month for May.

Bell improves to 3-0 as Royals manager

Are you smacking me?

If the shoes fits....

LMAO!
LMAO!
LMAO!

Are you smacking me?

LMAO!
LMAO!
LMAO!

Yankees payroll of more than $200 million dwarfs the Royals', which is not quite $40 million.

LMAO!
LMAO!
LMAO!

The Yankees were swept by the worst team in baseball !!

LMAO!
LMAO!
LMAO!

I cant wait too watch the Royals sweep the wankers again in August.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

JHawkBCD wrote:
kcdave wrote: Fuck the wanks, George, wank fan, and most of all ..... their cash cow ..... the WES network. Nothing wrong with a little revenue sharing.
So, the Yankees should have to fork over revenue to the Royals because they know how to market their team better than the guy who runs Wal-Mart?

It's not like a guy whose primary business is shipbuilding should make more net profit than fuckin' Wal-Mart that the Glass family can't afford to spend more money on the team.

One too many fungo shots to the dome have you babbling like a fool.

Love him or hate him, Steinbrenner has surrounded himself with a great marketing team with a great business plan, operating well within the rules set forth by MLB.

A salary cap makes sense. Revenue sharing is the players' alternative choice so that they have no restrictions on what they can demand come contract time. Until MLB implements a salary cap, any other solution will result in the same shit we have now, if not worse.
Steinbrenner doesn't spend dollar one of his shipbuilding money on the Yanks. The Yanks are completely self sustaining. Not many other teams can say that. I agree, incompetence should not be rewarded with revenue sharing. But there ought to be a formula that recognizes that certain teams (like the Yankees) will always have a bigger revenue pool than others (like the Royals).
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

BSmack wrote: Steinbrenner doesn't spend dollar one of his shipbuilding money on the Yanks.
In 2005, that's probably correct... but I'm sure he used some money from his business to bolster things in the 70's to get things moving. The Yankees had become a laughing stock by the end of the 60's and into the 70's when Steinbrenner bought the team. You can't tell me that Steinbrenner walked into that mess without any cash from outside of the organization and turned it around based solely on his personality and know-how. Whether it was money from the shipbuilding industry, or loans that were obtained because he had collateral in the shipbuilding industry... either way, it played a role.

The Royals have been in that position now for almost five years... and the Glass family hasn't done shit to try to jump-start things.
The Yanks are completely self sustaining. Not many other teams can say that.
Yes, but it had to start somewhere.
I agree, incompetence should not be rewarded with revenue sharing. But there ought to be a formula that recognizes that certain teams (like the Yankees) will always have a bigger revenue pool than others (like the Royals).
Ah, so you think that the Royals, owned virtually by Wal-Mart (sup Bace?), should receive baseball's version of corporate welfare forever?

Consider this:

Media sources have estimated that the Royals received $50 million from the league's revenue sharing coffers this year. But the salaries they paid out to players will total $38 million for 2005.

That, I believe, is baseball's version of selling food stamps so that you can buy cigarettes and beer.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

JHawkBCD wrote:
BSmack wrote: Steinbrenner doesn't spend dollar one of his shipbuilding money on the Yanks.
In 2005, that's probably correct... but I'm sure he used some money from his business to bolster things in the 70's to get things moving. The Yankees had become a laughing stock by the end of the 60's and into the 70's when Steinbrenner bought the team. You can't tell me that Steinbrenner walked into that mess without any cash from outside of the organization and turned it around based solely on his personality and know-how. Whether it was money from the shipbuilding industry, or loans that were obtained because he had collateral in the shipbuilding industry... either way, it played a role.

The Royals have been in that position now for almost five years... and the Glass family hasn't done shit to try to jump-start things.
Yes, Steinbrenner used his shipbuilding money to buy the team. But he also lucked into a situation where (even in the mid 70s) he could grow revenue through TV deals that nobody else in baseball had access to. I don't know about you, but I used to watch Yankees games on TV in the late 70s. The only other teams in a similar position (at least on the east coast) were the Red Sox, Mets and Braves.
Ah, so you think that the Royals, owned virtually by Wal-Mart (sup Bace?), should receive baseball's version of corporate welfare forever?

Consider this:

Media sources have estimated that the Royals received $50 million from the league's revenue sharing coffers this year. But the salaries they paid out to players will total $38 million for 2005.

That, I believe, is baseball's version of selling food stamps so that you can buy cigarettes and beer.
What's missing from that are other expenses both operational and capital. Also, what have they spend on their farm system? If they spent 12 million to build a state of the art facility for their AAA team, then I would say that that money was honestly spent. On the other hand, I agree that if the owners are taking that 12 million and calling it profit, they should be cut off.

I'd propose a solution, but we all know MLB won't be doing anything fan friendly.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

BSmack wrote: What's missing from that are other expenses both operational and capital. Also, what have they spend on their farm system? If they spent 12 million to build a state of the art facility for their AAA team, then I would say that that money was honestly spent.
Umm... I know that attendence isn't great, but they do make money off of daily attendance, concessions, gear, seat licenses (the Crown Seats are ALWAYS sold out, and bring in major bank)... that should be contributing quite well to their reduced operating expenses, as marketing of that team is so cheap, even their radio broadcast theme song sounds like a bad garage band tuning up for a Saturday night kegger.
On the other hand, I agree that if the owners are taking that 12 million and calling it profit, they should be cut off.
My point exactly.
I'd propose a solution, but we all know MLB won't be doing anything fan friendly.
Nor will the Players' Union.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

JHawkBCD wrote:

I agree, incompetence should not be rewarded with revenue sharing. But there ought to be a formula that recognizes that certain teams (like the Yankees) will always have a bigger revenue pool than others (like the Royals).

Consider this:

Rack That.

Thats the truest thing I have ever heard about the state of Royals baseball.

At times I am actually thankful that I can't see my teams games in the region I live. :?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Had to go back and address this...
BSmack wrote:Yes, Steinbrenner used his shipbuilding money to buy the team. But he also lucked into a situation where (even in the mid 70s) he could grow revenue through TV deals that nobody else in baseball had access to. I don't know about you, but I used to watch Yankees games on TV in the late 70s. The only other teams in a similar position (at least on the east coast) were the Red Sox, Mets and Braves.
I was born in NYC in 1970, just a couple of miles from Shea Stadium. Moved to the Danbury CT area in 1977.

The Yankees games were on Channel 11 WPIX, which didn't have any "superstation" status at the time. They weren't what Channel 9 WOR and WTBS in Atlanta were in the early 80's by becoming "superstations"... and as pitiful as the Braves were throughout most of the 80's, WTBS sure as shit didn't become a "superstation" because of the Braves. The proof is in the fact that Dale Murphy, outside of baseball card collecting geeks of the era, was an unknown outside of Atlanta, despite being only 2 home runs shy of the 400 club and consecutive MVP awards in 82-83.

For the most part, WPIX carried the Yankees games, with the NBC Game of the Week on Saturday afternoons and, while it was still around, Monday Night Baseball on ABC. That changed somewhat with Sportschannel on cable TV (which eventually evolved into the YES network, only because Steinbrenner bought it) in the mid 80's... but remember that Sportschannel carried the Mets too in the 80's. That was good for maybe 15% of the games, though... keep in mind that I lived in the NYC metro area up until mid 1987. Back then, I watched as much baseball as I could possibly get. Before cable TV made it to my street in Connecticut, we were stuck with having to make the antenna work... and we got most (80-90%) of the games on WPIX and WOR. Those broadcasts never overlapped with the cable channels. Furthermore, ESPN didn't even start carrying baseball broadcasts until the mid 90's, so they didn't play any role in it until right around the time that Ripken-mania took off.

I'd say that the Red Sox had a sweeter deal than the Yankees or Mets in the 80's, with NESN.

Anyways... where I'm going with this rant is... any one of the major league teams can get a sweet TV deal if a TV network looks at the potential product they have to offer, and sees that it will appeal to the target audience. The Royals had their last major deal with Fox Sports Midwest. However, they proved to be such a shitty television draw that Fox dropped them. Now, the Royals have their own network, RSTN, that solicits air-time from the local affiliates... but even then, those stations are only broadcasting 60% of the games this year. If the Glass family could just get their heads out of their Wal-Mart Blue asses long enough to breathe, they might just figure out that spending some seed money on talent... hell, they have the resources to put a $100 million payroll roster out there for one season without signing turds like Juan Gonzalez and Benito Santiago... will garner the team enough attention, help them win some ball games, and create a lasting buzz around the team to the point that the TV networks will be falling over each other in the scramble to make sure that ALL of the games are televised, and maybe even at a premium price.

They faked us out in 2003 when they led the division by the All-Star break, and indicated that they'd raise the roof on the payroll in order to secure the division championship. They didn't get shit, however, and eventually, the real Royals showed up to play... and they still ain't left yet.

Then there was the $45 million "splurge" in 2004... :meds: They still use the failure of 2004 as an excuse to not spend money.
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Rack Fu wrote:Because the Yankees lost to the shitty Royals on June 1st, it means they have zero chance of making the playoffs.

Sincerely,
The Assassin

Maybe if they had a team instead of a bunch of individuals (sans Bernie Jeter and Posada) they wouldn't be getting swept by the Royals of all teams.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

I havent seen this many parrots since I was at the fucking pet store. (BRAAAK)"Glass is cheap. Glass should spend his money. Glass should spend that Walmart money. Fans need to buy tickets, that would solve the money problem."(BRAAAK)

Eh hell, forget parrots and petstore. Change that too ostrich and zoo, because you birds have your heads in the sand, or in your asses. Whatever.

FACTS PEOPLE. Read the fucking facts, before you ramble on incoherently any further.

Glass is NOT cheap. He just chooses (smartly) not too throw good money after bad.

Glass does NOT own Walmart. Walmart money is NOT his. The Walton Family owns Walmart, NOT David Glass. GOT IT? GET IT? Sure, dude isnt exactly hurting for grocery money, but he does NOT have billions falling out of his ass.

If the fans filled the joint every friggin home game, they could possibly net an extra 15 million. Whats that buy today? Decent starting pitcher, and an average right fielder? Yea, that all this team needs to reach the Series! :roll:

The fucking wanks have the wes network, and that gives them a $100,000,000 advantage. THATS 100 MILLION fucking dollars! :shock: Thats actually under-estimating on my part, as the numbers are 3 years old. Truth be told, its probably nearing 150 million today.

The NFL gets it. MLB does not. It takes 2 teams too play a game. Those 2 teams should share the revenue equally, or damn close too equal. 90/10 or 95/05 split is not what I would call equal, or anything close too it.

Bacon and eggs are cooking and the coffee is brewing. Time too wake up people.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

David Glass is cheap, and you're a fucking idiot. Those are the facts, and they are undisputed.

If Glass didn't have access to the "Wal-Mart Millions", then MLB and the Kansas City area should never have given him the team in the first place.
kcwife wrote:BRAAAAK Get your fucking battered ass back in the kitchen and fix me a sammich before I break the rest of your ribs.
Keep finding fault with the Yankees organization for their successes, dumbass. However, once again, the fact you're ignoring is as obvious as wifey swinging for the fences at your abdomen... the Yankees organization spent the money when it counts, and the investment is paying dividends. That's how it works when you have money to invest, you trailer-dwelling Springer show reject.

Glass doesn't throw good money at bad? Bwah. Tell me what part of the money he could have thrown at Carlos Beltran would have been bad.
kcdave wrote:If the fans filled the joint every friggin home game, they could possibly net an extra 15 million. Whats that buy today? Decent starting pitcher, and an average right fielder? Yea, that all this team needs to reach the Series!
Put a decent product on the field with a realistic chance of going .500 to 10 games over .500, and this town will pack the house. Don't tell me it can't happen, because it's already happening year after year at Arrowhead, with good marketing along with it. Oh yeah, good marketing means more "good money" that the Glass family isn't spending.

You want to know the REAL problem with baseball? It's fucks like Bud Selig who believe the horseshit that people like David Glass spew at him, believing any and all claims that they intend to make the team succeed.

You can't fucking excuse the fact that the Royals are not spending the full revenue sharing amount they receive to bring in players. No excuse whatsoever. That revenue sharing money is there exclusively for teams to be more competitive. If the Royals don't spend it on salaries, it's their own goddamn fault.

Go on demonizing the successful teams while ignoring the obvious incompetence of the Royals'ownership. Ignorance is, after all, your strongest suit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

JHawkBCD wrote:Dale Murphy, outside of baseball card collecting geeks of the era, was an unknown outside of Atlanta and Portland, despite being only 2 home runs shy of the 400 club and consecutive MVP awards in 82-83.
FTFY
The Assassin wrote:Maybe if they had a team instead of a bunch of individuals (sans Bernie Jeter and Posada) they wouldn't be getting swept by the Royals of all teams.
You do realize that at this point in the season, ARod is the leading MVP cadidate, right?

How long does it take you to achieve this level of stupidity? Do you do special excercises or something?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Dinsdale wrote: You do realize that at this point in the season, ARod is the leading MVP cadidate, right?
And Nomar Garciaparra leads all NL shortstops in the All-Star voting, even though he's pretty much done for the season.

Exit polling sucks.

Sincerely,
John Kerry
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Oh, and I meant to rack Hawky for not blaming the Royal's suckitude on George Steinbrenner.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

JHawkBCD wrote:Keep finding fault with the Yankees organization for their successes
Wrong. Im not finding and placing fault with the wanks. They are only getting over because MLB permits them too do so. Its all about the money that is generated from radio and tv rights, and teams do NOT share that money. They do however share ticket proceeds. :roll:

JHawkBCD wrote:Put a decent product on the field with a realistic chance of going .500 to 10 games over .500, and this town will pack the house.
I already told you, packing the joint accomplishes little, so why bring it up? But since you have..... you are still wrong. Any team that wins 81-91 games year in and year out is a DAMN GOOD team, not a "decent team." Too maintain those types of numbers will take a hella payroll. 100-120 million at least.

JHawkBCD wrote:Don't tell me it can't happen, because it's already happening year after year at Arrowhead
Yes, thats my point you fucking idiot. When MLB wakes up and adopts policies similar to the NFL, that can, and will happen. But when fans know in March, that their teams wont win jack shit come October, it will NEVER happen.

JHawkBCD wrote:You want to know the REAL problem with baseball? It's fucks like Bud Selig who believe the horseshit that people like David Glass spew at him, believing any and all claims that they intend to make the team succeed.

You can't fucking excuse the fact that the Royals are not spending the full revenue sharing amount they receive to bring in players. No excuse whatsoever. That revenue sharing money is there exclusively for teams to be more competitive. If the Royals don't spend it on salaries, it's their own goddamn fault.

Go on demonizing the successful teams while ignoring the obvious incompetence of the Royals'ownership.
Ok know it all. Just exactly how much money should Glass spend per year? Every cent the team earns, plus how much out of dudes pocket? 10 million? 20? 40? 100 million? Also, show me an owner that is taking money out of his own pocket, and spending it on the team, each and every year. I dare ya.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

kcdave wrote: Any team that wins 81-91 games year in and year out is a DAMN GOOD team, not a "decent team." Too maintain those types of numbers will take a hella payroll. 100-120 million at least.
There are only three teams with payrolls over $100 million: Yankees, Red Sox and Mets. There were 16 teams that had 81 wins or better last season when only two teams had $100 million-plus payrolls. 18 in 2003, 14 in 2002, 16 in 2001, and so on... with the Yankees being the only $100 million-plus team.

Year in and year out, there are numerous teams that have consistently won 50% or more of their games without outrageous payrolls. It can be done, the Royals are just a crappy franchise.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

kcdave wrote: Wrong. Im not finding and placing fault with the wanks. They are only getting over because MLB permits them too do so. Its all about the money that is generated from radio and tv rights, and teams do NOT share that money. They do however share ticket proceeds. :roll:
Translation: Everything wrong with baseball is because of the Yankees, according to Dave.

JHawkBCD wrote:Put a decent product on the field with a realistic chance of going .500 to 10 games over .500, and this town will pack the house.
I already told you, packing the joint accomplishes little, so why bring it up? But since you have..... you are still wrong. Any team that wins 81-91 games year in and year out is a DAMN GOOD team, not a "decent team." Too maintain those types of numbers will take a hella payroll. 100-120 million at least.
That's the price of winning baseball today. If you can't afford it, find a different business to get into, like competitive basket weaving team ownership.
JHawkBCD wrote:Don't tell me it can't happen, because it's already happening year after year at Arrowhead
Yes, thats my point you fucking idiot. When MLB wakes up and adopts policies similar to the NFL, that can, and will happen. But when fans know in March, that their teams wont win jack shit come October, it will NEVER happen.
No, you fucking idiot, you're missing the point. What's happening at Arrowhead is that they're selling out the games each and every game. That means there's FAN INTEREST. My point is, since you're too fucking idiotic to comprehend it, is that the way that the Royals organization markets the team, they will never get any legitimate fan interest.

JHawkBCD wrote:You want to know the REAL problem with baseball? It's fucks like Bud Selig who believe the horseshit that people like David Glass spew at him, believing any and all claims that they intend to make the team succeed.

Go on demonizing the successful teams while ignoring the obvious incompetence of the Royals'ownership.
Ok know it all. Just exactly how much money should Glass spend per year?

At least as much as the revenue sharing subsidy totals up to. In the Royals case, it's at least $50 million. Likewise, that means no money out of David Glass' pocket for player salaries.

If you can't figure out that remedial math, then you're even more of a clueless dipshit than any of us could have ever imagined.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Who gives a fuck about the Royals.

They had their shot to go into NL, bringing in more crowds for cubs,cards, etc. Instead they stayed in AL, where their team is nothing more than a cripple.

Shit orgs find their way to the bottom and stay there!

You know, the Royals could just become the Cardinals A farm team. Same crowds, would get to see Cardinals come in and take 2-3 from them.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

kcdave wrote:They are only getting over because MLB permits them too do so.
No, they're getting over because.....I know this is a difficult concept.......they put winning ahead of profit. Period.

That's what you don't seem to understand. Teams like the Yanks and Braves and RedSox win because they're trying to win. Teams like KC lose, because ownership(and the fans) don't give a shit if they win or not. Spin it however you want, but that is FACT. If idiot KC fans keep showing up for games that they know mean nothing, then they're stupid, and they're supporting the profit-before-winning mentality. Why would a greed fueled owner change their way, if they're pocketing 12 million just in revenue sharing money alone? When the fans make it unprofitable for them to mail it in, then they'll either move the team, or change their ways.

You think the Yankees and Braves have all of that money rolling in just because of the name on the jerseys? Or, do you think they have loyal fans because ownership has shown a commitment to winning, and they know their team is going to have a legit shot every year?

You can keep making the chicken/egg argument (incorrectly) all you like, but it changes nothing -- the onus is on the ownership to get the ball rolling. If you view baseball as a consumer product, then ownership has failed miserably in marketing their product, and shouldn't expect high revenues. It's on them to prove they're selling a product that's worth a shit. Then again, why would McDonalds upgrade to better beef/ingredients, when there's idiots out there that will keep buying absolute garbage.

As long as there's stupid people out there, there's going to be wealthy people exploiting them for their cash. Way to go, Royalsfan. Keep pretending you're the victim here. It gives you an excuse for being a loser.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Dinsy gets it.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

JHawkBCD wrote:Dinsy gets it.
Not entirely but it was still strong.

Yes, those teams put winning first. But they are not in any danger of NOT making a profit.

And I know the counter to that ahead of time. IF YOU CAN'T FIELD A WINNING TEAM AND MAKE A PROFIT DON'T BUY THE DAMNED TEAM. Atlanta is a great example for him, however the Yanks and Red Sox have a century of tradition to help them along.

This I understand...

As much as I see, understand, and somewhat agree with Dins, baseball does need a cap.

AND

The MLPBA is going to fuck around and get the Anti-Trust Exemption yanked.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Rack Fu wrote:
kcdave wrote: Any team that wins 81-91 games year in and year out is a DAMN GOOD team, not a "decent team." Too maintain those types of numbers will take a hella payroll. 100-120 million at least.
There are only three teams with payrolls over $100 million: Yankees, Red Sox and Mets. There were 16 teams that had 81 wins or better last season when only two teams had $100 million-plus payrolls. 18 in 2003, 14 in 2002, 16 in 2001, and so on... with the Yankees being the only $100 million-plus team.

Year in and year out, there are numerous teams that have consistently won 50% or more of their games without outrageous payrolls. It can be done, the Royals are just a crappy franchise.

^^^ Get's it.

Money doesn't buy a contending team, sound baseball decisions do.

Don't believe it?

How have the Twins won the Central the last 3 seasons? How did the Marlins win 2 world series?

They used the same formula the Indians did in the early 90's and the A's used as well.

Develop a good nucleaus of young kids, sign them to 5-6 year contracts so they don't have to go to arbitration, and trade them off for more sound prospects when they reach FA.

In 1999 Beltran hit .293 with 22 HR and 27 SB. Why didn't Herk Robinson make the commitment after that season to lock him in for 3-5 mil per year. That's the time to lock them in, before the have the service time to be arbitration eligible.

for the last decade, Every time the Royals have started the youth movement, they abandoned it. They'd waste money on the Jeff Kings and Juan Gozalez types and not lock up the Beltrans after their first or second season. They'd wait till midway through a Beltran, Dye or Damon's final season before fire saling them for whatever they could get.

Maybe they are starting to get it, since Berroa was inked last year.
Maybe they'll take that extra revenue and lock up Greinke and Bautista after this season. Maybe next season we'll creep towards .500

Maybe Not.

KC would support this team if they really felt management had the commitment to keep and develop our prospects
Troll

Post by Troll »

KC Scott wrote:How did the Marlins win 2 world series?
Well... in 1997, they bought a championship... didn't they have Kevin Brown, Leiter, Sheffield, Bobby Bo, Mo Alou...??? bawahahahaha. What was your point? Sorry... laughing too hard. Stopped reading your drivel.
KC Scott wrote:Money doesn't buy a contending team.
Bawahahahaha...
You may have made a valid point somewhere after the third or fourth sentence of your post. Lemme know.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Those sound like they were sound business decisions to me.

Scott's already in your dome before you clicked "submit" on your first post.
Troll

Post by Troll »

You equate
KC Scott wrote:Develop a good nucleaus of young kids.
to how the Marlins hired a bunch of mercenaries... won the World Series... unloaded all of the hired guns after the season and then went on to lose 108 games the following year...setting a record for most losses by a WS champ?

That is DEVELOPING a good nucleaus of YOUNG KIDS?

"Being in ones dome" is just as stupid a post as following someone around a posting meltdown gifs. RACK your consistency.
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

I don't think he implied that there's only one acceptable sound business decision... that's just one that would be realistic for the Royals to follow.

He is also stating that the Royals' version of the "youth movement" is bullshit, because they only go halfway with it each time, right up to the point where the nucleus has value to other teams, and the Royals suddenly drop their dicks in fear that they can't afford to pay their nucleus players, and ship them out for a handful of scrubs that "might" pan out in the next "youth movement".

Meanwhile, you decide that a shit troll login is the way to keep from tracing your shit takes back, for the sole purpose of attacking Scott. I'd say that's got the fair market value equivalent of 25 meltdown jpg's on the bode index... so yeah, Scott's in your dome.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Troll:

Point taken on the 1997 team - I didn't remember who was on that roster.

The '03 Marlins are the example I refered to:

2003 World Series
The 2003 World Series marked the 100th anniversary of the first modern World Series. It featured the New York Yankees in their sixth Series appearance in eight years. Opposing them were the wild card Florida Marlins, appearing in their second World Series in their 11-year franchise history. The Marlins were the underdogs, and they capped a remarkable season turnaround by defeating the Yankees four games to two. The series was, however, somewhat overshadowed by the League Championship Series that year, when the Chicago Cubs and Boston Red Sox, both widely believed to be cursed, both went down to dramatic defeats.

The Marlins started the season 19-29 when they fired manager Jeff Torborg and hired 72-year old Jack McKeon, who had been retired from baseball for over two years. They went 75-49, the best record in the major leagues, under McKeon to win the wild card. They lost the first game of the NLDS to the San Francisco Giants, but came back to win the final three. After going down three games to one to the Cubs in the NLCS, they rallied to win the final three games. In the World Series, the Marlins put up their young roster with a $54 million payroll up against the storied Yankees and their $164 million payroll.

Player Name Pos Age Bats Throws Height Weight Born Place Salary

Chad Allen LF 28 R R 6-1 195 2/6/1975 Dallas,TX --
Armando Almanza P 30 L L 6-3 205 10/26/1972 El Paso,TX 775,000
Juan Alvarez P 30 L L 6-0 184 8/9/1973 Coral Gables,FL --

Brian Banks 1B-LF 33 B R 6-3 190 9/29/1970 Mesa,AZ 300,000
Josh Beckett P 23 R R 6-4 190 5/15/1980 Spring,TX 1,725,000
Toby Borland P 34 R R 6-6 193 5/29/1969 Ruston,LA --

Nate Bump P 27 R R 6-2 185 7/24/1976 Towanda,PA --
A.J. Burnett P 26 R R 6-5 205 1/3/1977 North Little Rock,AR 2,500,000
Miguel Cabrera LF-RF 20 R R 6-2 218 4/18/1983 Maracay,VZ --

Luis Castillo 2B 28 B R 5-11 175 9/12/1975 San Pedro de Macoris,DR 4,850,000
Ramon Castro C 27 R R 6-3 225 3/1/1976 Veracruz,MX 300,000
Jeff Conine 1B-LF 37 R R 6-1 220 6/27/1966 Tacoma,WA 4,250,000

Juan Encarnacion RF-CF 27 R R 6-3 187 3/8/1976 Las Matas de Faran,DR 3,450,000
Andy Fox 2B-SS 32 L R 6-4 205 1/12/1971 Sacramento,CA 800,000
Chad Fox P 33 R R 6-3 190 9/3/1970 Coronado,CA 500,000

Alex Gonzalez SS 26 R R 6-0 170 2/15/1977 Cagua,VZ 1,700,000
Lenny Harris 3B-2B 38 L R 5-10 220 10/28/1964 Miami,FL 800,000
Rick Helling P 32 R R 6-3 220 12/15/1970 Devils Lake,ND 1,000,000

Todd Hollandsworth LF-CF 30 L L 6-2 215 4/20/1973 Dayton,OH 1,500,000
Derrek Lee 1B 28 R R 6-5 225 9/6/1975 Sacramento,CA 4,250,000
Allen Levrault P 26 R R 6-3 230 8/15/1977 Fall River,MA --

Braden Looper P 28 R R 6-5 225 12/28/1974 Weatherford,OK 1,600,000
Mike Lowell 3B 29 R R 6-4 205 2/24/1974 San Juan,PR 3,700,000
Mike Mordecai 3B-2B 35 R R 5-10 185 12/13/1967 Birmingham,AL 500,000

Blaine Neal P 25 L R 6-5 205 4/6/1978 Maurelton,NJ 300,000
Vladimir Nunez P 28 R R 6-4 224 3/5/1975 Havana,CU 1,400,000
Kevin Olsen P 27 R R 6-2 200 7/26/1976 Covina,CA --

Carl Pavano P 27 R R 6-5 230 1/8/1976 New Britain,CT 1,500,000
Brad Penny P 25 R R 6-4 200 5/24/1978 Blackwell,OK 1,875,000
Tommy Phelps P 29 L L 6-4 205 3/4/1974 Seoul,KR 300,000

Juan Pierre CF 26 L L 6-0 180 8/14/1977 Mobile,AL 1,000,000
Mark Redman P 29 L L 6-5 220 1/5/1974 San Diego,CA 2,150,000
Mike Redmond C 32 R R 6-1 185 5/5/1971 Seattle,WA 1,050,000

Ivan Rodriguez C 31 R R 5-9 205 11/30/1971 Vega Baja,PR 9,318,298
Tim Spooneybarger P 23 R R 6-3 190 10/21/1979 San Diego,CA 300,000
Michael Tejera P 26 L L 5-9 175 10/18/1976 Havana,CU 300,000

Ugueth Urbina P 29 R R 6-0 205 2/15/1974 Caracas,VZ 4,500,000
Justin Wayne P 24 R R 6-3 200 4/16/1979 Honolulu,HI 300,000
Gerald Williams CF-LF 35 R R 6-2 187 8/10/1968 New Orleans,LA 325,000

Dontrelle Willis P 21 L L 6-4 200 1/12/1982 Alameda,CA
Troll

Post by Troll »

JHawkBCD wrote:Meanwhile, you decide that a shit troll login.
Like I have any other working Nics to choose from. :roll:
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

PM me if you need help, but please either loose the troll or out yourself.

We don't allow it in the sports forums.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

KC Scott wrote: Money doesn't buy a contending team, sound baseball decisions do.
Yes and no. Money gives you some leeway with your deicisions.
How have the Twins won the Central the last 3 seasons?
See the payroll of Central teams lately?
JHawkBCD
Six-Hour Sally

Post by JHawkBCD »

Bizzarofelice wrote: See the payroll of Central teams lately?
That's the part of the equation that has escaped the Royals.