It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Female Drivers

Post by Softball Bat »

Or pilots.

Plane nearly ran out of fuel after pilots forgot to bring up landing gear

Two pilots have been suspended from duty after their aircraft, carrying 99 passengers, nearly ran out of fuel
because they forgot to retract the landing gear after take-off.

Air India Flight AI676 was en route to Mumbai from Kolkata on July 22 but was forced to divert to Nagpur when
the crew became alarmed by the speed at which the aircraft was losing fuel thanks to the additional drag created
by the extended wheels.

An unidentified source told the Times of India that the “brand new Airbus A320”, one of the most fuel efficient
aircraft in existence, had struggled to climb after take-off, prompting the pilots to settle on an altitude of 24,000
feet as opposed to a usual cruising height of 35,000 feet. The source, who made a point of saying that both
pilots were women
, said it flew like this at 230 knots - as opposed to around 500 knots - for about an hour-
and-a-half, while the extended landing gear dragged heavily on the aircraft...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/ ... -low-fuel/

I'm sure this would never happen to Left Seater. :)

Next thing you know, some dumb broad is going to go astray and *doink* the firmament out of place.

Get your act together, ladies.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Female Drivers

Post by Left Seater »

Look it is Air India. If something like this is going to happen it will happen with them, male or female. They have pilots who show up drunk, refuse to fly unless the cabin crew is "hot" enough, lost millions of dollars worth of art to their employees, flew to the wrong destination, or just refuse to fly at all. Of course none of the above in "events" resulted in someone being fired.

One of the worst airlines ever.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Isn't there some sort of glaring light reminding them the gear is down? Good thing they weren't flying along the northern border. Flying at 24K ft might result in some pretty severe turbulence when they hit a 26K ft mountain.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

do they allow those horrible pilots to fly in the airspace of civilized countries?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Yes and yes.

There is a light that shows the position of the gear. There is also a check list that covers this step as well. Not to mention it would have been very loud with the gear doors open right underneath them. Further when they couldn't climb above 24K some warning should have gone off in their head. Or when their fuel burn was more than double the expected rate when they did their first fuel check...uhh wait they prolly didn't do any fuel checks until they were almost out.

And yeah you can find Air India at LAX, SFO, JFK and ORD.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

The most gob-smacking incident of aviational idiocy surely must be the Lynyrd Skynyrd crash. The fuel gauge was broken so a stick was inserted into the fuel tank, with the wet portion determining the amount of fuel. During several flights, including the penultimate and final one, flames were seen shooting out of the right prop--due to too much fuel being pumped into the engine. The band members were worried about the plane, but didn't want to pay the exorbitant mechanic costs at the next airport, so they arranged their personal mechanic to meet them (at Banton Rouge). Of course they didn't make it, the plane running out of fuel...

here's some basic data..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_Convair_CV-240_crash
Before God was, I am
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

they arranged their personal mechanic to meet them (at Banton Rouge).

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

This guy would have helped if you can get him out of Mayberry.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."