It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: War Wa-gone

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Whitey posted this just under two weeks ago:
War Wagon wrote:
Captain Morgan Black being quite tasty, I've found, so I usually keep a bottle of that in the freezer. Goes down smoother when it's cold.
Since I posted that about 6 months ago, I noticed a new Captain Morgan offering on the store shelf called 'Cannon Blast' The bottle is round, shaped like a cannon ball, with a short neck. Perhaps you've seen it, maybe even tried a shot or six, Not as potent or stout as the 'Black' version but lordy, it's the best rum I've ever tasted or partaken in.

It's a good thing I still like my Bud Rice else I could easily down a 750ml bottle of that in one or maybe two nights. Moderation my ass, we all gonna' be dead someday. Might as well enjoy the ride while we can.

That said, as of now, I make that bottle last 3-4 weeks. If you haven't already, I highly recommend you give it a shot.
I hope you enjoyed the ride, old pal.

I Know You Are But What Am I?
RIP
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Jsc810 wrote:Damnit. Heartbreaking to hear this. I believe he may have had chronic pain due to his back(?), but were there other medical issues?
He had a stroke a few years ago that, in his words, kicked his ass. He may have been having heart and digestive tract issues as well.
"I see everything twice!"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Telling chip someone has digestive tract issues is like telling Babe Ruth you have a friend that can hit major league pitching.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'm real life sad, because, well, Wags. He was one of my favorites. I'm glad you all thought so too.

I think he was supposed to give up smoking but refused to do so.

His daughter was the apple of his eye so I bet it's been very difficult for her.

RIP Wags.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Chip, it's difficult to see fairness and equity because there is none. All you can do is make reasonable attempts to take care of yourself, but not to the point that it gets in the way of living life because in the end when your number is up, it's up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Checking back into this desolate shithole to pay my respects. Wank Wagon was a solid tard. I understand he leaves behind a butt-ugly wife and a lesbian daughter. I have a horrifically shitty beer left over from a golf outing that I will pour out in his honor.

God speed, Wags. Heaven just got a little dumber.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

mvscal wrote:Checking back into this desolate shithole to pay my respects. Wank Wagon was a solid tard. I understand he leaves behind a butt-ugly wife and a lesbian daughter. I have a horrifically shitty beer left over from a golf outing that I will pour out in his honor.

~sniffle~ Beautiful eulogy. ~sniffle~
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:Checking back into this desolate shithole to pay my respects. Wank Wagon was a solid tard. I understand he leaves behind a butt-ugly wife and a lesbian daughter. I have a horrifically shitty beer left over from a golf outing that I will pour out in his honor.

With any luck you will be next you stupid, racist, yellowbellied fucktard.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Smackie Chan wrote:

2st
get out, get out while there's still time
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Moving Sale wrote:

With any luck you will be next you stupid, racist, yellowbellied fucktard.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

How old was Wags?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote:

2st
4st.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Rooster wrote:How old was Wags?

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I haven't any beer worthy of being poured out. Is it acceptable to just fill an empty with recycled beer and use that?

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:I haven't any beer worthy of being poured out.
I know. I lied. :oops: I'm actually gonna drink that beer. It's the thought that counts, right? I'm sure Wags would understand.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Well,
FUCK

Just fucking unbelievable. I don't Facebook, but I HAD noticed his posting had dropped off some. Never occurred to me that he might be sick.

This fucking sucks. One of the original Defenders of the Red Faith. And 55 is way too fucking young to die.

Salt of the earth. Good cat irl and on the Boards. Always had your back.

God speed , Dave.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

RIP, Wags.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Post by Innocent Bystander »

Oh my god.

Please say you're joking. He's too fucking young.
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Fuck you.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Sorry to see one of the BTPCFB posters leave us.

I'm afraid that forum is not far behind him.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

I normally stop by for a read and a laugh.

Not tonight
RIP War Wagon

Give my best to #3
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Truman wrote:Well,
FUCK

Just fucking unbelievable. I don't Facebook, but I HAD noticed his posting had dropped off some. Never occurred to me that he might be sick.

This fucking sucks. One of the original Defenders of the Red Faith. And 55 is way too fucking young to die.

Salt of the earth. Good cat irl and on the Boards. Always had your back.

God speed , Dave.
I know you knew had met him a few times and from what I gather his smoking habit was rather pronounced......
I was able to finally quit when the Dr. told me I had early stage emphysema, but won't get any worse thanks to me putting them down...
I wish Dave had found the will power to do that because those fucking things cause so many problems beside just lung disease....heart being the most important
little after the fact but you're right, 55 is way to young to say so long.....fuck smoking and the horse it rode in on.....
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Yeah, fortunately it is a habit I never had the slightest bit of interest in. Took one drag on one cancer stick when I was maybe 13 and damn near puked. I'll never get why anyone would pick up that habit, especially today after 50 years of the government reminding us how fukking horrible they are. Well, wags, you knew what those fukking things would lead to. I feel bad for his daughter and OL.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

I've been pretty much speechless. I remember starting out on SC3 at about the same time as WW & Greenjea....ah Felix, must be about 18-19 years ago. Wags could be stubborn, but overall was a good guy. After a while you knew what his take was going to be on certain subjects, basic & level headed, most of the time.

The last ten years he was the driving force for the T1B Jackass FFL, and for continuing to keep the league at 16 or more teams teams since 2002. I remember both of us had never played FF when the league started, and we took our lumps, learned from our mistakes, and found FF made the football season more interesting. The league was very competitive and will continue to be, because most long time owners love it, and Wags would have wanted the league to continue.
I feel bad for his daughter and OL.
I feel bad for Wags too. About a year ago a co-worker basically smoked himself to death. We had a talk, and he tried to quit, but couldn't. Another long time friend from my Navy days is doing the same thing. Cigarettes are among the most addictive drugs, or maybe I should say nicotine.
When you use tobacco products, nicotine is quickly absorbed into your bloodstream. Within 10 seconds of entering your body, the nicotine reaches your brain. It causes the brain to release adrenaline, creating a buzz of pleasure and energy.

The buzz fades quickly though, and leaves you feeling tired, a little down, and wanting the buzz again. This feeling is what makes you light up the next cigarette. Since your body is able to build up a high tolerance to nicotine, you’ll need to smoke more and more cigarettes in order to get the nicotine’s pleasurable effects and prevent withdrawal symptoms.

This up and down cycle repeats over and over, leading to addiction. Addiction keeps people smoking even when they want to quit.

Cigarette makers know that nicotine addiction helps sell their products. Cigarettes today deliver more nicotine more quickly than ever before. Tobacco companies also use additives and chemicals to make them more addictive.
https://betobaccofree.hhs.gov/health-ef ... index.html

Nothing new. Nicotine addiction is as hard to beat as Alcoholism, and other "more serious drug" addictions.

RIP buddy.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Joe in PB wrote:When you use tobacco products, nicotine is quickly absorbed into your bloodstream.
Wonderful sermon, I liked you better in Goob's whisky thread. If he got hit by a truck, you'd lecture on the value of keeping the cap on a tube of toothpaste.

Relax, take a load off. Light up.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Joe in PB wrote:
I feel bad for Wags too. About a year ago a co-worker basically smoked himself to death. We had a talk, and he tried to quit, but couldn't. Another long time friend from my Navy days is doing the same thing. Cigarettes are among the most addictive drugs, or maybe I should say nicotine.
I don't. Not even a little. He had a stroke and kept smoking. He might as well have put a gun to his head. Anybody can quit tobacco. I used tobacco for 17 years and quit.

He was weak and stupid and now he's dead unless he was trying to kill himself then he would only be weak and dead.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Y2K wrote:I normally stop by for a read and a laugh.
Here? Now that's funny.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Joe in PB wrote:Nothing new. Nicotine addiction is as hard to beat as Alcoholism, and other "more serious drug" addictions.
I am so glad that I was able to quit. It was a long protracted battle that involved weaning myself down from a pack a day to a pack every two weeks, but I was able to quit in full 7.5 years ago. I've been thinking about that this weekend a lot.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RIP, Whitey. I always enjoyed our light-hearted banter.

I smoked a pack a day for 29 years. Then one day I decided to quit because I wanted to be around for my grandchild. Two years later, I had one. He's 15 now and regularly kicks my ass at golf.

Papa Willie wrote:He hated me, so fuck him.
Nobody hates you, you simple-minded tard. You just keep telling yourself that because it makes you feel like you accomplished something with your life.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Roach wrote:We are all sitting ducks with egg timers running
I see what you did there.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Smackie Chan wrote:
Roach wrote:We are all sitting ducks with egg timers running
I see what you did there.
With that in mind, I'm going to try as much as possible to avoid sitting.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

How does anyone know he died from cigs? Bunch of curtain twitchers, Jesus Christ.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:How does anyone know he died from cigs? Bunch of curtain twitchers, Jesus Christ.
You are so very right Phibes. It might have been the massive quantities of American Adjunct light lager. Sooner or later our lives catch up to all of us.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Fuck... I check in here and hear this kind of news. Wags was a solid guy who could give as well as take it. Some people can get away from the things that kill you and some cannot. I have had friends drink themselves to death over 30 years, and I know some who are still hitting 2 packs of smogs a day.

After giving the Reaper the finger back in 2011, every day is a good day. Looking at 60 in a couple of months.

Peace out Wags.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Every good message board needs a poster who takes things too seriously. Wags took things WAY to seriously, but that was part of his charm.

My favorite Wags memory was convincing him a few years back that I had gotten sick of FF and was dumping my roster. A couple other guys went along with it and he damn near lost his mind in a "has the whole world gone crazy??!!"-kind of way.

I'll remember his Warrant requests on TuneTown fondly too, Smackaholic.

RIP, brother. You'll be missed.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Innocent Bystander
Koko B1

Or you could unban the man because wagon proves life is short, so he can make his condolences himself.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Thanks for relaying my respect for Wagon, Russ.

Just to add a bit more...

Marty wrote:Probably the realest person I've ever encountered on these boards. He truly wore his heart on his sleeve...and that's why I admired him as much as I did.
Peace, brother.
trev wrote:I'm real life sad, because, well, Wags. He was one of my favorites. I'm glad you all thought so too.

I think he was supposed to give up smoking but refused to do so.

His daughter was the apple of his eye so I bet it's been very difficult for her.

RIP Wags.
Ditto and ditto.

There are some of us who came up together.
Had the same beginning.

We started in the NFL forum at Smack Chat in the late 90’s.
ChargerMike, Felix, Truman (and a number of others – you know who you are).

Personally, I’ve always felt a certain kinship with these people, and we traversed together to various boards over the last 20 years (almost).

Through the years, whenever I’ve read your posts, I have always sort of viewed them through this lens.

War Wagon was one of us.

Wagon had some board enemies.
I understand it.

If he felt you had been dishonorable, or you had crossed a “red line” which he had established in his mind, you got on his bad side.

Once you got on Wagon’s bad side, you probably were not going to make it back over to the good side very easily.

None of our opinions or viewpoints are always correct.
They are just what we think.
Sometimes factual, sometimes not.

WW had his own ways.

Wagon was a mainstay in our little world.
Board-speaking, that actually meant a lot.

Wags happened to be one of my favorites.
A patriot, not a pinhead.
I always respected what he brought to the table.

It was quite a sad moment for me when I learned that he had passed.

This is just interweb world, and my heart really does go out to Wagon’s family.

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

RIP, War Wagon.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

His daughter would like to get a hold of you.

You know, you being a softball bat.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim