27%
Nebraska
73%

Total votes: 22

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Who will win a conference title first?

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

My team is done for the year, so humor me...
"Keys, woman!"
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Who will win a conference title first?

Post by Carson »

I voted for y'all because brad is such a fukktard.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Seriously?

It might take 2 or 3 decades for Colorado to get to having a season of being .500 in the Pac12. And with the rumors that Texas is in contact with Pac12, yet again, for 2013, it even diminishes CU's chance more. Some times, programs fall, and never recover, i see that in CU. They have been horrible for years, and Zona and ASU won't be down for ever, and both have better coaches. NUbs win this poll, easily.

I think ASU made the best hire of all of the open positions.***** Edit, i thought i read where ASU hired Freeze. Althought June Jones is becoming the ASU big target it seems.

Mikey

Stanford takes its lumps, comes back, CU is bad and has been really bad for several years, and i don't see them improving much at all. They will be the pac12 whipping boy.
Last edited by Adelpiero on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Adelpiero wrote:Seriously?

It might take 2 or 3 decades for Colorado to get to having a season of being .500 in the Pac12. And with the rumors that Texas is in contact with Pac12, yet again, for 2013, it even diminishes CU's chance more. Some times, programs fall, and never recover, i see that in CU. They have been horrible for years, and Zona and ASU won't be down for ever, and both have better coaches. NUbs win this poll, easily.

I think ASU made the best hire of all of the open positions.
Stanford was 1-11 in 2006.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Stanford is in a state with more and better recruits and has a certain national appeal of being the best academic D1 Football University in the nation.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Carson wrote:I voted for y'all because brad is such a fukktard.
He's NOT a Husker fan. If you pay close attention, you'd realize he knows little to nothing about Nebraska.

REMEMBER, HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL THE DAMN HEAD COACHES NAME!
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Here's why I have hope:

Colorado's got nowhere to go but up. It's way too early to say if Embree is "the answer," but we at least know he's a better coach than Hawkins. USC had a great year under the circumstances, but there are still doubts about Kiffin. ASU and UofA are perpetually mediocre, and both just fired their coaches. Same goes for the Gutties. Utah? The verdict is still out if they can consistently compete in a BCS conference. In the North, Stanford still needs to prove they can win without Harbaugh's recruits. OS and Wazzou? Yawn. Washington could be a team on the rise, but time will tell. Cal is Cal. Oregon appears to be the biggest hurdle. They have stability in the coaching staff and they seem to be on the verge of becoming a perennial power.

But then there's the inherent nature of the Pac 12. Every team in the conference has won a conference title in the past 20 years. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's another conference in the country, BCS or otherwise, that could say the same thing.

Nebraska, on the other hand, might've just seen their window slip by. This year's team was as good a team as they've fielded since 2001, yet even in a down year for the B1G, they weren't able to seal the deal. Michigan appears to be well on their way back to national prominence, and Urban Meyer will have the Buckeyes back in the national title picture very soon, if not next year. MSU and Wisky are both strong teams, and Iowa is always capable of putting a 10-win season together every few years. Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota and Northwestern aren't world-beaters, but one or two of them will occasionally rise up for a good year every once in a great while. Who knows what's going to happen at Penn St., but I'd be hesitant to write them off just yet. Pelini has proven he's better than Callahan, but that's not saying much. I think the days of Nebraska winning 9+ games every year, year in and year out, are behind them. I think this year might've been their best chance to win the B1G for the foreseeable future, and they shit the bed.

I get that Nebraska's the smart pick in this poll, but I don't think it's as far-fetched as it appears for CU to win the Pac before NU win's the B1G. Of course, my dream scenario would be for it to happen in the same year so we could beat their asses in the Rose Bowl...
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Oregon appears to be the biggest hurdle.
Ya'think?

Nikebadger takes what it wants.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: I don't think it's as far-fetched as it appears for CU to win the Pac before NU win's the B1G. Of course, my dream scenario would be for it to happen in the same year so we could beat their asses in the Rose Bowl...
I get you went to Reefer U. Is it really as accessible in Arizona?
You did see your team play at some point this year, didn't you? That is a bad football program and it's not going to compete in the PAC on a championship bases, more-so than NU in the B1G.

I find it somewhat strange you believe NU won't improve over this years team. This team is pretty young. They will return 9 offensive starters next fall and 7 on defense and the place kicker / punter.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Cornhusker wrote:I get you went to Reefer U. Is it really as accessible in Arizona?
It's not quite as accessible -- or as consistently fantastic -- as it is in Boulder, but decent bud isn't too hard to find, especially since it's legal here now (assuming you suffer from "chronic pain" of course).
"Keys, woman!"
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: (assuming you suffer from "chronic pain" of course).
Being an NU fan has been a chronic pain since 62-36. :wink:
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Cornhusker wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: I don't think it's as far-fetched as it appears for CU to win the Pac before NU win's the B1G. Of course, my dream scenario would be for it to happen in the same year so we could beat their asses in the Rose Bowl...
I get you went to Reefer U. Is it really as accessible in Arizona?
You did see your team play at some point this year, didn't you? That is a bad football program and it's not going to compete in the PAC on a championship bases, more-so than NU in the B1G.

I find it somewhat strange you believe NU won't improve over this years team. This team is pretty young. They will return 9 offensive starters next fall and 7 on defense and the place kicker / punter.
You better get the OHio and Chicago recruiting going.

I noticed the Texas pipeline, is drying up, quickly. Leaving Texas12, was going to kill texas recruiting. Top talent in Texas have very little to do with B1G.

2 of top 100 in texas going to big10 schools, #84(purdue) and #90(nebraska)
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Cornhusker wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: (assuming you suffer from "chronic pain" of course).
Being an NU fan has been a chronic pain since 62-36. :wink:
While I admittedly take more than a little joy in the fact that Nebraska's decline can be traced directly back to that one game, it's thoroughly tempered by the fact that the Buffs have performed much, much worse in the same span. But, you know, hope springs eternal, and all that nonsense...
"Keys, woman!"
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Adelpiero wrote:
You better get the OHio and Chicago recruiting going.

I noticed the Texas pipeline, is drying up, quickly. Leaving Texas12, was going to kill texas recruiting. Top talent in Texas have very little to do with B1G.

2 of top 100 in texas going to big10 schools, #84(purdue) and #90(nebraska)
List of verbals to date below. Nebraska has made a living recruiting coast to coast. An Ohio kid, Illinois, Texas, Colorado and Missouri represented so far. Also have a great shot at a 5 star D. tackle, Andrus Peat from Tempe Arizona who's brother is a redshirt freshman this year. And a 4 star DB from California Marcus Rios is heavily interested.
I would imagine the Ohio / Illinois areas will become more prevalent in coming years and we'll still a Texas kid or two.
Purdue has been effective there, if they can pull kids from Texas to the B1G I'd imagine Nebraska could too.

Name
Committed - Not Yet Signed

Zaire Anderson LB Riverside, CA Riverside C.C. 6'1" 220 4.6 4 stars 5.8

Tommy Armstrong QB Cibolo, TX Steele 6'2" 210 4.53 3 stars 5.7

Sam Cotton TE Lincoln, NE Southeast 6'4" 240 4.83 3 stars 5.5

Greg McMullen DE Akron, OH Hoban 6'5" 255 4 stars 5.8

Michael Rose LB Kansas City, MO Rockhurst 6'0" 230 4.73 3 stars 5.7

Paul Thurston OL Arvada, CO Arvada West 6'5" 274 5.0 4 stars 5.8

Jordan Westerkamp WR Lombard, IL Montini 6'2" 195 4.54 4 stars 5.8

Jordan Westerkamp helped lead Montini High to a third straight state championship, and he broke several receiving records in the process. His 331 receiving yards was a record for a state title game in Illinois, and it was the second-most for a single game in the state’s history. More impressively, he broke the three big career receiving records in the state of Illinois: the receiving touchdowns record, the receiving yardage record, and the receptions record. He literally turned down the rest of the Big Ten, as well as recent inquiries from USC and Notre Dame, to play for NU.

Now if Nebraska find find someone to get the ball to him..
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Technically, I never specified which sport...
"Keys, woman!"
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Technically, I never specified which sport...
Basketball... (if that is your reference).... is equal to comedic humor in Nebby.
The ole' "monkey-basketball" para-dime, if you will.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

I would add aTm and Mizzou to the poll.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cornhusker - no fair stealing our Rockhurst kids, damn you.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

War Wagon wrote:Cornhusker - no fair stealing our Rockhurst kids, damn you.
I'm not so sure we stole him as much as he had a fascination with NU football for a along time. He did verbal as a junior way back in July 2010. Came up for ever home game last year on his own dime with the exception of his official visit.
Rose worked his can off trying to get other kids to visit.
As much as his HS film looked good, you take that with a grain of salt as it is a HIGHLIGHT video. But his play in the Under-Armor game was strong validation of his skills. Also seems like a great kid with leadership qualities.

We thank Kansas City for the contribution to the cause! We'd take more like him.

BTW:
I was at the Century Link Friday...I must say, I've seen some depressed Tiger fans in Lincoln from time to time, but the ones leaving that basketball game in Omaha were looking up at as many tall buildings as I've ever seen. I was worried they might head for the pedestrian bridge that crosses the Missouri River into Io-way.

The Jayhawk fans were pretty damn happy....sorry for your loss..Tough one.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Cornhusker wrote:We thank Kansas City for the contribution to the cause! We'd take more like him.
Last one you git, 'sker. Haven't you heard? We're big time now, and closin' the borders. :mrgreen:

Still, pity your quarterback of the future will be patrolling centerfield at the K in about three years. Was lookin' forward to watchin' Bubba square off against the Illini's Nathan Scheelhaase in a battle of KC-area signal callers....
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman you got to work on Nick Ramierz.

I got Antar Thompson at my area high school so I'll get to work there.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Last one you git, 'sker. Haven't you heard? We're big time now, and closin' the borders. :mrgreen:

Still, pity your quarterback of the future will be patrolling centerfield at the K in about three years. Was lookin' forward to watchin' Bubba square off against the Illini's Nathan Scheelhaase in a battle of KC-area signal callers....
I don't know anyone (realists) that held out any hope of him playing football...except of course those 'sker fans that everyone loves to hate.....you know the type...the red blinder hoard. There's a-plenty to pollute a fan base. :meds:
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

hopefully this works
why is my neighborhood on fire
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just curious. Is the hatred for Texas really as intense as I have gathered based on posts in here?

It appears to me that every school in the area/conference/state/region/planet despises the Longhorns as bad as Tide fans hate Auburn...and vice versa.
OU hate for Texas is much different than ATM hate. i can't speak for other regionals....like why Baylor or Houston hate UT. though, to be fair, Austin is a great city and UT is a solid pub school with a lot of money....but just because you made 28 on the ACT in the state of Texas doesn't make you an aristocrat. in the late 90's when i used to run OU smack at hornfans.com and longhornfanzon.com (whatever happened to Bob Wheeler?).....at the end, the horns would always try and run some academic smack....i'm a stupid Okie. I went to Vanderbilt....so, that was easy pickins. but, that's the UT hivemind. dumb Oklahomans, smart Texans.

ATM and UT have that whole Great State of Texas wank off. OU we just don't like them. they don't like us. and we win the championships most of the time.

read UT boards....their biggest rival is the one of OU or ATM that they are currently beating more often. a lot of rhetorical plasticity in the Texas mind about their rival (except they don't have one since UT is like Harvard times Yale with maybe Oxford in the mix). since OU put 60 on them this year in Dallas....losing ATM as the "rival" is key. just so you know, everyone else cheats to keep up with Texas. that was the end of the SWC mantra.

In OU's case, at least when we cheated we got MNC's out of it.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bizzarofelice wrote:Truman you got to work on Nick Ramierz.

I got Antar Thompson at my area high school so I'll get to work there.
IN!.

Looks like the Spring Game fashion show Saturday is already paying dividends. Ramirez and Hosick are both good gets.

Your turn, Bace. Chop, chop!
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

I was so looking forward to bumping this thread. Oh well, maybe next year...
"Keys, woman!"
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I was so looking forward to bumping this thread. Oh well, maybe next year...
I liked your all-white get up tonight.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

schmick wrote:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I was so looking forward to bumping this thread. Oh well, maybe next year...
Wasn't the Buffaloes team all seniors this year? CU's best shot may have been this season and they may be looking at the Holiday Bowl now.
Only three seniors on offense. Should have all the skill position players back, and Montez should be improved after an off-season as the presumptive starter. Losing eight starters on defense is no picnic, so I doubt they'll be a top 15 defense again next year, but I think Leavitt will figure it out. Recruiting is improving too. Unlikely they'll be back in the CCG next year, but I think they've finally turned the corner and should be back to their rightful spot as a legit national power within the next 3-4 years.
"Keys, woman!"