I like the middle
55%
I'm usually eating my dinner in the right lane
17%

Total votes: 29

DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Living in Detroit we have multilane freeways, usually four lanes is each direction, sometimes three. I'll always be in the middle of the free way. I'll jump into the left lane when I pass and return to the middle lanes to cruise.

Problems:

--jerkoffs that cruise in the left lane.
--jerkoffs that pass on the right looking for holes in traffic to weave through. I'll generally do my best to pin the ass in the right lane for as long ass possible.
--jerkoffs that wait until the last moment to merge into an exit lane at an interchange.
--jerkoffs that wait until the last minute to merge when approaching construction (props to our State Police for pulling these people over and handing out hefty fines).
--jerkoffs in Lansing who insist on building more new highways rather than devoting cash to repair existing roads that can and do compete with anyone in the US for worst roads.

Where's Jokey and his bag of nickels when you need him?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

DrDetroit wrote:Living in Detroit we have multilane freeways, usually four lanes is each direction, sometimes three. I'll always be in the middle of the free way. I'll jump into the left lane when I pass and return to the middle lanes to cruise.

Problems:

--jerkoffs that pass on the right looking for holes in traffic to weave through. I'll generally do my best to pin the ass in the right lane for as long ass possible.
--jerkoffs that wait until the last moment to merge into an exit lane at an interchange.
--jerkoffs that wait until the last minute to merge when approaching construction (props to our State Police for pulling these people over and handing out hefty fines).
I assume you call the State Police and report these people so that they can be sent tickets.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

DrDetroit wrote: --jerkoffs in Lansing who insist on building more new highways rather than devoting cash to repair existing roads that can and do compete with anyone in the US for worst roads.
^ So true

I have driven in MI once in my life. (will probably do so again in the near future). I was driving from Traverse City to Grand Rapid and I was afraid I'd have to pay for a new alignment on the rental because it felt like I was doing moguls with the car. If they wont repave the roads can they at least level the pot hole fills they do?
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Goober McTuber wrote:
DrDetroit wrote:Living in Detroit we have multilane freeways, usually four lanes is each direction, sometimes three. I'll always be in the middle of the free way. I'll jump into the left lane when I pass and return to the middle lanes to cruise.

Problems:

I assume you call the State Police and report these people so that they can be sent tickets.
No, but you made a funny.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

jiminphilly wrote:
DrDetroit wrote: --jerkoffs in Lansing who insist on building more new highways rather than devoting cash to repair existing roads that can and do compete with anyone in the US for worst roads.
^ So true

I have driven in MI once in my life. (will probably do so again in the near future). I was driving from Traverse City to Grand Rapid and I was afraid I'd have to pay for a new alignment on the rental because it felt like I was doing moguls with the car. If they wont repave the roads can they at least level the pot hole fills they do?
At least the roads west of Lansing are in decent shape. Shoot, you'd think you entered another state driving along 96 near Grand Rapids. Detroit is absolutely horrible. From stone chips to busted windshields to busted rods to bent rims people are spending at least a few hundy a year repairing these things. All because the state refuses to actually fix roads and insists on building new roads.

My recommendation...all of these people moving into the "ex"-burbs, the pay at least 50% of all new roads and utilities, period. I don't care if they want to live out there, however, their infrastructure costs are much higher then similar costs when people started moving merely 5-10 miles away from the urban center.
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Atomic Punk wrote:
Dinsdale wrote: 47. New Jersey -- 78.3

Eat a dick, amateurs.
You should see Hajii Ravnik and Ching Chang drive out here. Those fuckers should only take public transportation. I have never seen so much road carnage as out here.
Saw it up close and personal yesterday on Route 80 just outside NYC. I was heading west and watched this unfold on the eastbound side. Some asshole was weaving at a speed not equal to his ability and lost it in the far right lane, back end fishtailed out and the fucker went across 4/5 lanes and was heading for the middle barrier. I was in the left lane and started moving over because he was going to hit right where I was. I have no idea how much of an impact it takes to move one of those concrete barriers and I didn't want to find out. Sure enough the shithead slams the barricade right as I'm moving over, my wife said there were 3 in the car, I just saw shit flying everywhere as I was moving all the way over to stop and call 911. By the time I got over, I was too far away to be of any help and would have gotten myself killed just crossing the highway. We called 911 and told them evrything we saw and went on our way. I'm glad the kids were sleeping because there had to be some nasty carnage and most likely death involved. Fucking surreal to watch that happen so close, I slowed down a bit after that.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KUTTER wrote:Accidents are caused by DIFFERENTIAL speed and aggressive or inattentive driving, not high speed.
The next time a cop drops the narcissism, and actually figures out what they're talking about, it will be the first.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Dinsdale wrote:
KUTTER wrote:Accidents are caused by DIFFERENTIAL speed and aggressive or inattentive driving, not high speed.
The next time a cop drops the narcissism, and actually figures out what they're talking about, it will be the first.
For someone who always claims to know what they're talking about... even moreso than those in said profession :roll:, you think you'd be someone who could comprehend enough to actually know wtf THEY were talking about. Looks to me like your shittin' in the wrong toilet. Sit on that one over there... the one with the vomit from a drunk driver who just made it home in record time.

Alcohol and speeding are clearly a deadly combination. Alcohol involvement is prevalent for drivers involved in speeding-related crashes. In 2003, 41% of the drivers with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 gr/deciliter or higher involved in fatal crashes were speeding compared with only 14% of the drivers with BAC 0.00 involved in fatal crashes.

FWIW, the both of you are right anyways... speeding is, by my guess, the greatest reason behind "differential speed".
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

My pet peeve is when I am in the right lane and people coming on the freeway expect me to adjust to let them in.

Motherfucker, YOU are merging. YOU make the nessesary adjustments.
By law, the car in the right lane has to make the adjustments, not the car that is merging. What are you going to do, run them off into the ditch? Move your fat ass over if you don't want the side of your car caved in.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Alcohol and speeding are clearly a deadly combination. Alcohol involvement is prevalent for drivers involved in speeding-related crashes. In 2003, 41% of the drivers with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 gr/deciliter or higher involved in fatal crashes were speeding compared with only 14% of the drivers with BAC 0.00 involved in fatal crashes.

So, the paragraph YOU posted says one thing, Kuttard says something COMPLETELY different, yet he's "right?"

Your hatred for me has clouded your judgement, you pansy-assed douche.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:

So, the paragraph YOU posted says one thing, Kuttard says something COMPLETELY different, yet he's "right?"
COMPLETELY different?

And actually, he is.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Uncle Fester wrote:
My pet peeve is when I am in the right lane and people coming on the freeway expect me to adjust to let them in.

By law, the car in the right lane has to make the adjustments, not the car that is merging. What are you going to do, run them off into the ditch? Move your fat ass over if you don't want the side of your car caved in.
Which law is that?

Michigan law requires that merging traffic make the adjustment.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

DrDetroit wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

Which law is that?

Michigan law requires that merging traffic make the adjustment.
Most on-ramps in PA have a yield to the merging traffic, not the on-coming traffic. That being said, I usually switch to the left lane to let traffic in otherwise it slows EVERYONE down.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Dinsdale wrote:

Your hatred for me has clouded your judgement, you pansy-assed douche.
Oh no, let's get something straight... not the paragraph I posted... it's a paragraph embedded in a link that YOU posted. Which outlines the very fact that you thinking you got over on KUTTER was nothing more than a masterful fuckup on your part... and that you have a propensity to read not much further than a headline, if that (in this case).

"Hatred for you?" WTF you talking about? You're an arrogant son-of-a-bitch, but I sure don't hate you. You're generally a good read... and a funny one...

But don't cloud your judgement of another's intentions just because some "pansy-assed douche" called your fuckup to the podium.

Oh, and the paragraph "I posted" :roll: really has nothing to do with what KUTTER posted. It has everything to do with yours and the fact that in this case, I'm coming to the realization that I have no idea how Oregon scored highest in driving tests when you reside in said state.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

Doc, I meant Minnesota law. I just assumed it would be the same everywhere, which is not the case. The entrance ramps in Minnesota are ridiculously short and you have to get some speed, grit your teeth, and hope you can fit in a gap. To try and swivel your head to the side or behind you while still speeding forward is really dangerous. If the drivers in the right lane don't adjust to let people in, the merging drivers then have to hit the breaks and risk get rear-ended or else they merge at a near stop, which is also dangerous. If I'm in the right lane I try and keep an eye on the merging traffic and adjust my speed to allow people to get in. I agree with the guy who said the left lane is for passing, the middle lane(s) are for cruising, and the right lane is for merging.

Merging because of lane closures is a whole different topic.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK, to clarify for the REALLY slow people.....

According to KUTTER, "speed differential" and inattentive driving is the leading cause of accidents. According to the NHTSA, which specializes in statistical analysis of this very subject, excessive speed and alcohol are the leading causes of accidents.

Hmmmm.....who to believe -- a tard from a profession with a maximum IQ limit, or the people who do statistical breakdowns of the data......hmmm......tough call.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I couldn't give a rat's behind about who to believe, but I now know which category that you're tailored for. I'll give you two guesses as to which that is. I'll even spot you this:

IT'S NOT "people who do statistical breakdowns of the data".

New meaning to the term 'tard'.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Dins, if you care to read the whole sentence, I wrote that speed differential and aggresive or inattentinve driving causes accidents. I never wrote "leading cause" in my post. I dispute that speeding alone causes accidents. I also never brought up drunk driving, since that is implied in the term "inattentive".

If 100 cars are doing 60 and 1 is doing 90, the guy doing 90 is wrong. If 100 are doing 90 and 1 is doing 60, the slowpoke is getting a ticket from me. Both vehicles are causing unsafe conditions and both are equally at fault. Both are equally endangering the motorists around them. It is every driver's responsibility to keep up with the flow of traffic and drive courteously and safely. Differential speed kills.

If a drunk is going the speed limit, he is no less dangerous than if he is moderately speeding. He is still operating a 2-ton rolling hunk of metal while impaired and traveling nearly one mile per minute. Keeping in mind that we are talking about highway travel, he may be more likely to lose control at 75 mph than at 55 mph, but only slightly. The more important variables are the level of his intoxication and the differential speed between the drunk and the rest of us on the road.

I'm willing to bet that I have conducted roughly 1500 more accident investigations than you have, Dins. You're out of your depth here, despite all the research you care to spout. I'm talking about actual experience in the great outdoors, not math geeks behind computers tabulating accident data. I'm talking about pulling dead people out of cars and spending long hours on the side of an eight-lane asphalt death track.
Now pretty please, with sugar on top, clean the fucking car.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KUTTER wrote:I also never brought up drunk driving, since that is implied in the term "inattentive".
Didn't read much past this. Your credibilty went out the window, right here.

Because when I, or anybody I've ever ridden with in days gone by, has gotten behind the wheel after a couple of pops too many, "inattentive" is the absolute LAST word that comes to mind.

Motherfucker's head is on a fucking swivel looking out for Johnny Law, and making sure he isn't swerving.

I guess our point of contention must be in the basic, proper use of the English language, rather than traffic terms, Mr. Passed The Maximum IQ Requirement.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Wasted keystrokes, KUTTER; Dins knows all.. dontcha know?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Dinsdale wrote:Didn't read much past this.
Nooo, you don't say.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

KUTTER wrote:Left lane is for passing, right lane for merging/exiting, center lane for travel. What the fuck is so hard to understand about this? If I see speeding (15 mph or more over the limit) but driving in a straight line, I'll ticket you but give you a break on the the speed I write down. If you pass on the right, tailgate, cut people off, tap your brakes, change lanes without signalling, or drive too slow in the passing lane, you're getting all of it. No breaks, no warnings, no bullshit.

Accidents are caused by DIFFERENTIAL speed and aggressive or inattentive driving, not high speed.

If you see something gaining on you in the left lane, move over as soon as the right lane is clear. If its not clear, adjust your speed up or down and get the fuck over. If you are in the right lane and someone is trying to merge, maintain your speed and be alert. DO NOT SLOW DOWN. The merging vehicle must yield right of way to moving traffic. It is acceptable to move left to accomodate the merge but not at the expense of faster traffic.

If there is a center lane, use it. Set the cruise for 8 or 9 mph over the limit and put the fucking cell phone away.
Fuck that shit! I'm not moving over so som elittle fucking 16 year old can pass me at 90 miles an hour thinking he's playing Grand Theft Auto on the highways.
frodo_biguns
gibbering dumbfuck

Post by frodo_biguns »

Problems:

--jerkoffs that pass on the right looking for holes in traffic to weave through. I'll generally do my best to pin the ass in the right lane for as long ass possible.--jerkoffs that wait until the last moment to merge into an exit lane at an interchange.
--jerkoffs in Lansing who insist on building more new highways rather than devoting cash to repair existing roads that can and do compete with anyone in the US for worst roads.

Where's Jokey and his bag of nickels when you need him?
Those two are right up there with the stupid fokkers who throw out lit cigs.
hardcrow
Fingerpainter

Post by hardcrow »

KUTTER wrote:Left lane is for passing, right lane for merging/exiting, center lane for travel. What the fuck is so hard to understand about this? If I see speeding (15 mph or more over the limit) but driving in a straight line, I'll ticket you but give you a break on the the speed I write down. If you pass on the right, tailgate, cut people off, tap your brakes, change lanes without signalling, or drive too slow in the passing lane, you're getting all of it. No breaks, no warnings, no bullshit.

Accidents are caused by DIFFERENTIAL speed and aggressive or inattentive driving, not high speed.

If you see something gaining on you in the left lane, move over as soon as the right lane is clear. If its not clear, adjust your speed up or down and get the fuck over. If you are in the right lane and someone is trying to merge, maintain your speed and be alert. DO NOT SLOW DOWN. The merging vehicle must yield right of way to moving traffic. It is acceptable to move left to accomodate the merge but not at the expense of faster traffic.

If there is a center lane, use it. Set the cruise for 8 or 9 mph over the limit and put the fucking cell phone away.
End of discussion.....rack.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Well Dins, since you didn't read past "inattentive", here's what you should read carefully. Let it sink in. Read it twice if you need to.

KUTTER wrote: I'm willing to bet that I have conducted roughly 1500 more accident investigations than you have, Dins. You're out of your depth here, despite all the research you care to spout. I'm talking about actual experience in the great outdoors, not math geeks behind computers tabulating accident data. I'm talking about pulling dead people out of cars and spending long hours on the side of an eight-lane asphalt death track.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK. Well, the people that get the jobs because they have brains(sup not cops) who get data from 100's of thousands of accidents think you're wrong, too.

And did I see something about you saying you'll ticket someone for 60, if everyone else is doing 90?

Great. That's what this country needs -- low-IQ cops who think it's their job to rewrite the law, rather than enforce it. Just fucking wonderful. It's guys like you that make the methheads seem not-so-bad. Hopefully, the two groups can kill each other off, and cleanse the gene pool.
KUTTER
Reads more, posts less

Post by KUTTER »

Dinsdale wrote:And did I see something about you saying you'll ticket someone for 60, if everyone else is doing 90?

Great. That's what this country needs -- low-IQ cops who think it's their job to rewrite the law, rather than enforce it.

Here ya go, Dins. Suck on this.

http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/ ... dccr90.pdf

Go to Sec 21 804a on page 44. $65 and 1-3 points.
Ken

Post by Ken »

KUTTER wrote:Well Dins, since you didn't read past "inattentive", here's what you should read carefully. Let it sink in. Read it twice if you need to.

KUTTER wrote: I'm willing to bet that I have conducted roughly 1500 more accident investigations than you have, Dins.
Would have sufficed.
Ken

Post by Ken »

KUTTER wrote:Here ya go, Dins. Suck on this.

http://www.courts.state.md.us/district/ ... dccr90.pdf

Go to Sec 21 804a on page 44. $65 and 1-3 points.
... as does that.
Case closed.

Rack KUTTER

even though he's a B'more Raven fan
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

I've got an 8 minute commute to work. I see no road rage but I hear about it from my wife who drives about 32 miles one way. This sucks because I'm getting into my cube, making coffee, reading the paper and my OL isn't even 10 miles from home by the time I get to work.

However, there was a time that truck drivers had a code of driving in the center/travel lane. Remember when these guys would wave you on & tip their caps? Remember that?

Nahh...me either.

Now we got these fucks passing slower traffic as if they were driving a Fiat.

I still hold my CDL and can drive anything available, so I have a clue.
Nobody ever gives these commercial drivers a break, so they feel compelled to fukk you when thay can.

But, man...You gotta rack my 8 minute coummute.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Insurance Institute for Highway Safety wrote:Isn't speed variation -- not speeding -- the real problem?

No. Although research conducted in the 1950s on two-lane rural roads did indicate that vehicles traveling much faster or much slower than average were more likely to be involved in crashes, this issue is not relevant on today's high-speed highways with controlled access.6 The author of this early study acknowledged that the findings could not be extended to controlled access freeways, but some proponents of higher travel speeds have attempted to do so. Many differences in travel speeds are unavoidable because of the slower speeds of turning or merging vehicles. Many crashes, and nearly half of those resulting in occupant deaths, are single-vehicle impacts in which differences among vehicle speeds play no role or only a very minor one. Finally, the risk of death and severe injury is a direct exponential function of speed, not speed differences.
Don't feel bad, Kutter -- at least your low-IQ, unAmerican ass convinced Ken you were right. That's got to count for something, right?
1tnacU

Post by 1tnacU »

chowd103 wrote:But, man...You gotta rack my 8 minute coummute.

RACK you. I had about a 3 minute "commute" from 91-97. That ruled.

Now... I've got a 10 mile commute that can take me anywhere from 20 minutes (if it's a holiday or weekend)... to an hour and a half.

Living 5 miles from The Garden (yes it's now called the BankNorth Garden, not The FleetCenter) and Fenway rules when you're actually going to see a game. Otherwise, it's totally UNWAR with the Big Dig fucking up all the traffic.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote: Sometimes I say "That was a fine piece of driving, Mario" when I see them in the garage elevator.
Is this before or after you ask them "which floor?"

Oh, and Dins: eject. Rack Kutter.
For being wrong? You go, boyee. If enough of you RACK each other, you'll find your strength in numbers eventually, right?
Ken

Post by Ken »

:rolleyesasbigasdins'segoaren'tbigenoughforthisthread:
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Someone who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about wrote:Isn't speed variation -- not speeding -- the real problem?

No
Ken wrote:Somebody like me....please? Kutter.....Viper.....anyone? I'll like rack you and stuff, even when you're wrong, if you'll just be my friend.

Truly sad.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

88 wrote: I doubt you find too many cops, ER nurses, doctors, and tort lawyers zipping through traffic at high speed.
They have some of the worst driving records I have ever seen, especially lawyers.
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

1tnacU wrote:
chowd103 wrote:But, man...You gotta rack my 8 minute coummute.

RACK you. I had about a 3 minute "commute" from 91-97. That ruled.

Now... I've got a 10 mile commute that can take me anywhere from 20 minutes (if it's a holiday or weekend)... to an hour and a half.

Living 5 miles from The Garden (yes it's now called the BankNorth Garden, not The FleetCenter) and Fenway rules when you're actually going to see a game. Otherwise, it's totally UNWAR with the Big Dig fucking up all the traffic.

Unwar the big dig!

Unwar my speilling!

Rack Fenway! ('cept last night!) If I were to coummute to Fenway for tonights game VS the O's, I'd be way late.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:Kutter didn't say anything wrong.
Someone who actually knows what the fuck they're talking about wrote:Isn't speed variation -- not speeding -- the real problem?

No
Do you and Ken and Kutter like have your own special handshake and stuff?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

88 wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
88 wrote: I doubt you find too many cops, ER nurses, doctors, and tort lawyers zipping through traffic at high speed.
They have some of the worst driving records I have ever seen, especially lawyers.
Where are you seeing driving records, especially cross-referenced by occupation? Why don't you hang out at municipal court one week and watch the traffic plea sessions and then report back what percentage of that sorry lot includes cops, ER nurses, doctors and tort lawyers. I bet your numbers will stagger us like Dins' logic.
I work in the insurance industry. I can produce statistics that would make Steven Hawking drool....

And for the record, I actually agree more with Kutter then Dins. If traffic is moving faster, get with the program or take the business route but get the fuck out of my way.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote:I work in the insurance industry. I can produce statistics that would make Steven Hawking drool....
Stats don't mean shit unless I say they do.

Sin,
Kutter and his tard posse.