Does Chik-Fil-A Take Bible Verses For Payment?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Does Chik-Fil-A Take Bible Verses For Payment?

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Patrons Tipped North Carolina Waitress With an Anti-Gay Bible Verse Instead of Cash
Mathew Rodriguez
April 16, 2016
Instead of leaving a cash tip, a group of women at a North Carolina restaurant left their waitress a Bible verse and the words "Praying for you!" at the bottom of the check.

According to Charlotte resident Alexandra Judd, the ladies were "very rude" and would "hardly talk" to her. The women left the oft-quoted Bible verse Leviticus 20:13, which reads:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

"I never expected a hateful gesture like this," Judd said to WBTV. "I've had a guest leave me a pamphlet to their church as a tip one time, but I didn't feel as if they were being hateful toward me."
Patrons Tipped North Carolina Waitress With an Anti-Gay Bible Verse Instead of Cash

Currently, North Carolina is a site of much controversy following the passing of the most sweeping anti-trans bill in the country.

While hate is written into the law — and several groups are trying to address it — this level of person-to-person disrespect still stings.

"I don't care what anyone says, this is the most disrespectful thing you can do," Judd wrote on the Facebook post. "Don't pray for me darling, I have everything I could possibly want and need in my life."
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Does Chik-Fil-A Take Bible Verses For Payment?

Post by smackaholic »

Chick fil A is fast food. Since when do fast food workers get tipped?

And how did these tight wad church lady bitches know she was a lesbo?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

99 pct of these Bible Verse as tip stories turn out to be bullshit. I doubt this will be any different.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

What smack said...when the fuck do you tip a fastfood server?
Go Bucs, Gators
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Who said that there should be tipping at fast food joints?

What I'd like to know is when fairy tale verses became a currency.
9/27/22
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Who said that there should be tipping at fast food joints?

When some supid attention seeking bitch makes a bunch of bullshit up and posts it on Facebook.

I see you bought into it hook, line and sinker.
"Don't pray for me darling, I have everything I could possibly want and need in my life."
Yeah...Sure you do.... :lol:
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

My point for you mongoloids is that if thumpers think that fairy tale verses are currency they should accept them in their restaurants as such.
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

And btw....

Who is pushing whose agenda?

Y2K;
Do you have any evidence of this incident not happening?
9/27/22
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Y2K;
Of course not, but I've seen enough troll jobs in my day to recognize complete bullshit when I see it.
I guess it's just a coincidence this was in North Carolina where a law was passed that the transgenders and gays disagree to and the proof is credit card receipt, look Mensa I can go down to any local place order food pay with a card and tip in cash leaving the spot empty to write in any bullshit I want. Next I'll take a photo post it on Facebook and get enough idiots to buy my fairy tale and make it go viral.

This has bullshit written all over it.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Y2K wrote:...a bunch of bullshit up and posts it on Facebook.
Sudden Sam just stroked out...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:And btw....

Y2K;
Just how in the fukk would one have evidence of something not happening, Sherlock?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

smackaholic wrote:

Y2K;
Just how in the fukk would one have evidence of something not happening, Sherlock?
He certainly hasn't provided any evidence to the contrary.

And Y2K...

Yeah, imagine that...it happened in NC. I would have expected that to happen in a more evangelical state....like OR. :meds:
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
smackaholic wrote:

Y2K;
He certainly hasn't provided any evidence to the contrary.

And Y2K...

Yeah, imagine that...it happened in NC. I would have expected that to happen in a more evangelical state....like OR. :meds:
He hasn't provided evidence that it did not happen because it is impossible to prove a negative, dumbass.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Never. They didn't pay the bill with a bible passage you stupid fuck.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Y2K wrote:
Y2K;
Of course not, but I've seen enough troll jobs in my day to recognize complete bullshit when I see it.
I guess it's just a coincidence this was in North Carolina where a law was passed that the transgenders and gays disagree to and the proof is credit card receipt,
This has bullshit written all over it.
^^^^^ what he said....

It's a single source story and nowhere could I find a reference to Chik-Fil-A......
So how did the diners know she was a lesbian?
Like others have noted, I've never seen a tip space on a fast food receipt.....
I'm guessing "Alexandra" was trying to gain some publicity for herself.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

You all really should check your reading comprehension.
I don't know if the story is legit or not, but nobody claimed that it happened at Chik-Fil-A.

Pretty sure Diego threw that into the thread title to take a stab at the South's most cherished cultural institution.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Mikey wrote:You all really should check your reading comprehension.
I don't know if the story is legit or not, but nobody claimed that it happened at Chik-Fil-A.

Pretty sure Diego threw that into the thread title to take a stab at the South's most cherished cultural institution.
Bingo.

Lots of jumping to conclusions of epcot proportions in this thread.
9/27/22
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Reference the fail thread title...period.
Go Bucs, Gators
4kingguy
Crack Whore

Post by 4kingguy »

Waterboarding is finally back in the news thanks to CIA Director John Brennan's recent comments and I, for one, am glad.

I've missed talking about waterboarding much like I've missed discussing who played a better Darrin Stephens in Bewitched. I've always maintained that Dick York kicked Dick Sargent's backside in that role but no one seems to A). Know what I'm talking about; or B). Care what I'm talking about when it came to the near transcendent subtleties showcased in York's acting chops especially when he interfaced with Endora.

Oh, well. What can you do? Most geniuses are usually left to ponder the great things in life alone and such is my lot.

So ... thank God, at least for my sake, that folks have resumed interest in and are currently conversing about water torture for terrorists.

Matter of fact, a Christian radio show host asked me the other day how I could, as a believer, be cool with waterboarding terrorists for intel crucial to our national security—or, as I like to call it, the implementation of The Doug Giles Irrigation for Information Act. Irrigation sounds so much more pleasant than torture, oui? Oui.

I told my inquiring host that as a patriotic white, male, Christian redneck, as far as I can deduce from the holy text, Jesus and the balance of Scripture seem to be okay with dunking Achmed if he has the 411 regarding the 10/20 of the next mass slaughter of innocent Americans. Call me crazy. I’m well aware, however, that I could be committing an exegetical error given the fact that I’m white and male and all. This is my cross.

Please note: If Christ wasn’t cool with irrigating irate Islamists for facts, I must admit, I would still have to green light our boys getting data from enemy combatants 007 style. Stick a fire hose up their tailpipe and turn it on full blast. I don’t care. I’m not as holy as most of you super-saints or as evolved as some of you progressive atheists purport to be. Security beats spirituality in this scenario, as far as I’m concerned.

Now, as you can imagine, the holier-than-I show host was a tad bit taken aback by my confidence and giddiness over teaching captured terrorists how to snorkel minus the snorkeling gear if it would keep our country safe. He saw that as somehow incongruent with the Clay Aikenization of the sassy Christ a stack of Americans now worships. He then asked me, in kind of a tsk-tsk tone, for a proof text or two from Jesus’ lips and la Biblia that would come even close to his wishing or implementing ill on those who would harm or kill the innocent. This was like taking candy from a baby for me.

How’s this for starters, Zippy? In John 2:12-17 Jesus whipped religious hacks who were turning God’s temple into a Costco filled with religious crap. According to St. John’s account, it was the second thing Jesus did after John baptized him in the river Jordan. The first thing he did was turn water into wine. That’s two things lame evangelicals can’t imagine Jesus doing: making wine or using a whip, but I digress.

Yep, Jesus opened up a can of whup ass on charlatans in the temple. He didn’t pray for them or write them an angry email with the caps lock on or call them “man-made religious disasters” that we need to apologize to for forcing them to sell overpriced spiritual curios. Nope, he methodically sat down, got ticked, made a whip and cleared the punks.

Having that snapshot of Christ violently snapping on the 1st century televangelists in the temple, I’m a thinkin’ that if he got that riled up over overpriced Precious Moments figurines, personally whipped the culprits for it and then ransacked their product display tables, more than likely he would be cool with submerging a couple of murderous morons who have information regarding the pending liquidation of thousands of innocent civilians. (And by the way, I’ll take water in the face over a whip to the back any day of the week.)

If you still think he would have problems with waterboarding the wicked who have the deets on potential terror plots, then what do you do with the story of Noah’s Ark? Correct me if I’m wrong, but those chumps got waterboarded to the max, right? Aw, what’s the matter? Does that 411 not fit with the Jesus you made up? Shame.

Not only did Jesus flog greedy religious freaks, he, along with the Father and the Holy Spirit, created this little place called hell for the wicked—which makes Gitmo look like a Chuck E. Cheese. Although, come to think of it, Chuck E. Cheese is quite hellish. Bad analogy. (But you get my point.)

In Matthew 18:6, Jesus said if you harmed a little kid it would be better for you to have a chunk of concrete tied around your neck and tossed into the drink off Miami Beach, compared to what the Trinity has prepared for you in eternity (author’s paraphrase). Sounds bad, eh? Worse than waterboarding? I’m thinking...yeah.

And then we have the book of Revelation. Yikes. This book is one chapter after another of agony on steroids for those that war against that which is holy, just and good.

So, once again, I’m kinda thinkin’ Jesus wouldn’t blink at how cautiously and methodically our intelligence gents have been in pouring some Zephyr Hills down Habeeb’s nostrils in the hope that such “torture” will make him spill the beans regarding his posse’s plans.

Y’know, maybe I would be more empathetic toward the terrorists who wish to kill us if I were a Hillary supporter from wussville, but alas, I ain’t. So, I say, in the name of Jesus, stick the terrorists under the water for an extra minute or two if that’ll persuade them to unveil their buddies’ macabre machinations.

Granted, it’s always great and right to err on the side of civility, except, of course, when saving many lives trumps the uncomfortable nature of sticking a garden hose in a terrorist’s snout.

Doug Giles
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Worst thread hijack, evah.

Anyhoo, I'll play along.

My biggest problem with the whole waterboarding/official torture policy of the US gubmint, is the fact that it is discussed in the media. The official mission statement regarding this should read; Dear Islamic shitstain, if you should find yourself being hosted by the US government, it is going to suck for you. It won't be like a trip to Disneyworld.

Instead we have bent over backwards to ensure them that we will be nice. And they know it. Kinda puts a kink in the value of threatening someone when that someone knows damn well that the threats are hollow. Personally, I like Trumps attitude of "waterboarding.....and more".