Good ole' California lawyers.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Re: Good ole' California lawyers.

Post by Cornhusker »

I guaran-damn-tee ya 90% of the population of California wasn't "Made in America".
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Is anyone else curious about why willie is wearing goobs' depends?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Yeah it sucks that California will now be consistent with the rest of the country. Used to be we led the way in consumer protection.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

KC Scott wrote:yea but there's some folks that always try to buy "Made in America" products" - just wondered what their take was

Since the Chiefs don't play until tomorrow, I'm sure he'll drop in to explain it to us.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Papa Willie wrote: It's not so much a question of quality. "American-made" doesn't carry near the weight it used to. The problem, is that the propaganda we've endured only gives the reasoning to jack prices up.
Or the price is "jacked up" is the cost of US labor? You know.....the whole reason things aren't made here.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
R-Jack wrote:
Papa Willie wrote: It's not so much a question of quality. "American-made" doesn't carry near the weight it used to. The problem, is that the propaganda we've endured only gives the reasoning to jack prices up.
Or the price is "jacked up" is the cost of US labor? You know.....the whole reason things aren't made here.
Again - this will be another reason for our prices to be "jacked up" on everything, regardless if it's warranted or not. Maybe you should be screaming bloody murder about it since it's your moronic state.
You still don't get it, do you? California was basically the only state that was requiring a strict 100% "Made in USA" standard. From the article you posted:
All other states follow a standard laid down by the Federal Trade Commission. The agency defines products as being made in America if "all or virtually all" the parts were produced in the United States

In the past, California maintained a stricter — and, one might say, more honest — standard. To claim "made in America," 100% of a product manufactured in the state had to have been made in America.
I don't agree with the change, but California's standard is still stricter than the FTC's (and the rest of the country's) standard. If that's moronic, where does that put your state?

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busines ... a-standard
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You're about as good with the facts as Carly Fiorina. A lot better looking though.

I get the print edition of the LA Times because the San Diego Union Tribune sucks balls. The Times is going downhill fast but I need something to read in the morning while on the shitter, and I just can't bring myself to take my iPhone in there. I'm afraid I might drop it in the soup.
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

Mikey wrote:....I need something to read in the morning while on the shitter, and I just can't bring myself to take my iPhone in there. I'm afraid I might drop it in the soup.
You're doing it wrong.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I was reading some articles (with many ads) on Newsweek.com and after a couple it said I had met my max of articles and must subscribe to read more. What kind of BS is that? I don't think so, buddy.