Texas Flood

Post by Mikey »

The telephone lines are down...

I guess the Texas drought is over.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Texas Flood

Post by War Wagon »

low hanging fruit, somebody had to grab it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

And while we've had no major flooding here yet, of the 26 days so far in May, it's rained on 22 of them. Not a little, but a lot

The Big Muddy is damn close to flood stage and it won't take much more before it bursts. If and when that happens, all shit will bust loose just like did in 1993.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

There's floodin' down in Missouri...
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Mikey wrote:There's floodin' down in Missouri...

I hope Milton's parents are okay...

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Looks like God decided it was time to wash off the nation's shithole.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Goober McTuber wrote:Looks like God decided it was time to wash off the nation's shithole.
Or, our prayers were answered in ending the extreme drought.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Looks like God decided it was time to wash off the nation's shithole.
Or, our prayers were answered in ending the extreme drought.
And in an extreme fashion.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Sometimes the sacrifice of a few can save many. It's unfortunate with the dozens dead and thousands with home and vehicle damage. You never wish that on someone, but the rivers and lakes are full and the soil isn't parched in most parts of central Texas. Livestock and wheat is looking good. In 2011, 97% of the state was under extreme drought conditions. It was 40% starting this year and now it's 0% of the state is in extreme drought conditions.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Go Coogs' wrote:Sometimes the sacrifice of a few can save many. It's unfortunate with the dozens dead and thousands with home and vehicle damage. You never wish that on someone, but the rivers and lakes are full and the soil isn't parched in most parts of central Texas. Livestock and wheat is looking good. In 2011, 97% of the state was under extreme drought conditions. It was 40% starting this year and now it's 0% of the state is in extreme drought conditions.
We could use a little of that action. I don't mind if Mission Valley floods, or if Malibu slides into the ocean.

My house is on solid high ground.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I wouldn't call the Woodlands north of Houston a shithole. I spent a nice week down there a month ago. I did finally get to try Whataburger down south of it and it wasn't all that, except the fries. There were some decent steak houses and seafood joints as one would expect. Chevron gas was $2.25/gallon due to no state taxes.

You can buy a firearm of your liking after a 15 to 20 minute background check. Of course, you can't register any of those in the People's Democratic Republic of CA or have the great-priced ammo shipped. I talked to a person in the gun store/shooting range and told of the bullshit we deal with here in the PDR of CA. It turns out I was talking to the owner of the 4 Houston Carterscountry.net stores and gave me a cool hat when I tried to buy it. They didn't know I earlier bought some very cool items that are legal in CA but you can't buy in quantity here.

Lots of traffic, but they have a great highway system to handle the high traffic volume. Don't drive like an a-hole (especially speeding and having expired "tags") and the law will leave you alone. "Drive friendly" (Don't drive angry - Bill Murray) because it's no joke there. I saw the law pull over multiple vehicles.

They have a lot of muzzies living near the Bush/Intercontinental airport and have a big mosque on the west side of the airport. Those muzzies back their cars in around the building and lock the gate. Gee, I wonder what they are up to since they are the cab drivers? :meds:

Would I want to live there? No, but if one had some land space and a cool job, and could tolerate having no mountains (which I can't), heavy traffic, too many people... I guess one would have to grow up there like many other big cities.

Eastern Arkansas is THE worst shithole I've ever seen. No 2nd place... not even close. All of my U-Haulin' days showed me that. Upper mid-west/flyovers are almost as bad if you didn't grow up there.

No wonder The mStoolio left St. Louis to cling onto the state I grew up in... unfortunately. I guess for him, living on a piss-soaked couch with a center drain in the bedroom/living room is better than that.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Atomic Punk wrote: I wouldn't call the Woodlands north of Houston a shithole. I spent a nice week down there a month ago. I did finally get to try Whataburger down south of it and it wasn't all that, except the fries. There were some decent steak houses and seafood joints as one would expect. Chevron gas was $2.25/gallon due to no state taxes.
The Woodlands is probably one of the better places to visit in the Houston area. Lots of bad ass restaurants, the river walk, pubs, and golf. Whataburger is great according to Texan natives, but so is In-and-Out burger according to Californians. Neither one really blows your mind. They've become more of a folk legacy than anything else.
You can buy a firearm of your liking after a 15 to 20 minute background check. Of course, you can't register any of those in the People's Democratic Republic of CA or have the great-priced ammo shipped. I talked to a person in the gun store/shooting range and told of the bullshit we deal with here in the PDR of CA. It turns out I was talking to the owner of the 4 Houston Carterscountry.net stores and gave me a cool hat when I tried to buy it.
So I'm assuming you were in Spring at the original Carter's Country. I shoot trap there quite a bit and grew up in the area. I've bought two shotguns and two rifles from there. They have some of the best gun deals in the state of Texas and are very knowledgeable about firearms. It's a great facility to say the least.
Lots of traffic, but they have a great highway system to handle the high traffic volume. Don't drive like an a-hole (especially speeding and having expired "tags") and the law will leave you alone. "Drive friendly" (Don't drive angry - Bill Murray) because it's no joke there. I saw the law pull over multiple vehicles.
Only 50% of the drivers in Harris county have car insurance. It's been a problem here for roughly 20 years now. The state and county are cracking down and are trying to get issue under control.
Would I want to live there? No, but if one had some land space and a cool job, and could tolerate having no mountains (which I can't), heavy traffic, too many people... I guess one would have to grow up there like many other big cities.
Houston lacks scenery no doubt, but we're a little over an hour from the beach, 35 minutes from east bay where trout and reds are plentiful, less than an hour from three lakes for boating, jet skiing, and the like, and just 2+ hours away from hill country where the scenery is at least acceptable. It's not desirable, but it's better than most alternatives.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Rockin' SRV vid....so, how can we get the virulently and militantly ignorant Texan contagion of Christer/Militarist/Apocalyptic Asshole (Climate Change Deniers) in their cremation ash mugs--as quickly as possible?..

WW

Hmm..sum ting wong..
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Oh..sum ting VERY wong..

as above, so below..er..

And..
Before God was, I am
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

AP wrote:Lots of traffic, but they have a great highway system to handle the high traffic volume.
I've been gone for 9 years now, but when I was there, you could drive easily between the hours of 10:00AM to 2:00 PM.
Or from 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM.

7:30 AM - 10:00 AM, you're likely skrewed -- and maybe badly skrewed.
Between 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM, you're also skrewed.

290, I-10, Beltway 8, 1960 59 North-- all nightmares.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

War Wagon wrote:And while we've had no major flooding here yet, of the 26 days so far in May, it's rained on 22 of them. Not a little, but a lot

The Big Muddy is damn close to flood stage and it won't take much more before it bursts. If and when that happens, all shit will bust loose just like did in 1993.

Good luck bud.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Go Coogs' wrote:
So I'm assuming you were in Spring at the original Carter's Country. I shoot trap there quite a bit and grew up in the area. I've bought two shotguns and two rifles from there. They have some of the best gun deals in the state of Texas and are very knowledgeable about firearms. It's a great facility to say the least.
Yes, it was in Spring. The several times I went in there you see people opening the bolts of their AR's before they enter the store and go out back to the shooting range. As pops said, the 59 and the 1960 are pretty busy. I didn't revisit the "inner loop" by all of the colleges this time, but remembered it was a nice atmosphere with a lot of dives to hang out at. I didn't go back to Kemah as there was no time. I liked Kemah and Sudden Sam remembered a restaurant I talked about.

I will say In~n~Out Burger is waaaay better than Whataburger except for their fries. I saw a Waffle House near that one off the 59 in Humble, but wasn't sure I should venture inside. I ate at one in Pensacola many years ago but don't remember what it was like other than greasy. There is a huge difference between Kingwood and Humble. Going from nice to not so good in about 5 miles is obvious. I didn't go near near the Hobby airport area as is loaded with them. Back in the 1950's my dad went to Pasadena HS nearby and I told him it's not like it was when he lived there when gramps was in the USAF.

I didn't get up to Magnolia as time ran out. The weather was pretty decent with "low" humidity and mild 75 to 80 degree temps. I know Summers are horrible as it was bad many years ago when I visited. I guess if you grew up there, it is livable and a cheap cost of living. Housing prices are going up due to the influx of outsiders from what I'm told. Lots of druggies and ex-cons seem to be ruining the older areas a bit south.

I did go to that river walk you've mentioned in the nicer area where they have boats that take you to different drop off spots to hit restaurants and bars. You jump off and then get back on one as they keep going around. The week flew by fast as there was so much to do. Not a bad place to visit. So I wouldn't call it a shithole by any stretch, unless one hung out near south Houston.

I can't imagine the commute as pops and I think you've talked about. I did see the 59 and the side roads that lead on and off as a parking lot during rush hours.

The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Atomic Punk wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:
Yes, it was in Spring. The several times I went in there you see people opening the bolts of their AR's before they enter the store and go out back to the shooting range. As pops said, the 59 and the 1960 are pretty busy. I didn't revisit the "inner loop" by all of the colleges this time, but remembered it was a nice atmosphere with a lot of dives to hang out at. I didn't go back to Kemah as there was no time. I liked Kemah and Sudden Sam remembered a restaurant I talked about.

I will say In~n~Out Burger is waaaay better than Whataburger except for their fries. I saw a Waffle House near that one off the 59 in Humble, but wasn't sure I should venture inside. I ate at one in Pensacola many years ago but don't remember what it was like other than greasy. There is a huge difference between Kingwood and Humble. Going from nice to not so good in about 5 miles is obvious. I didn't go near near the Hobby airport area as is loaded with them. Back in the 1950's my dad went to Pasadena HS nearby and I told him it's not like it was when he lived there when gramps was in the USAF.

I didn't get up to Magnolia as time ran out. The weather was pretty decent with "low" humidity and mild 75 to 80 degree temps. I know Summers are horrible as it was bad many years ago when I visited. I guess if you grew up there, it is livable and a cheap cost of living. Housing prices are going up due to the influx of outsiders from what I'm told. Lots of druggies and ex-cons seem to be ruining the older areas a bit south.

I did go to that river walk you've mentioned in the nicer area where they have boats that take you to different drop off spots to hit restaurants and bars. You jump off and then get back on one as they keep going around. The week flew by fast as there was so much to do. Not a bad place to visit. So I wouldn't call it a shithole by any stretch, unless one hung out near south Houston.

I can't imagine the commute as pops and I think you've talked about. I did see the 59 and the side roads that lead on and off as a parking lot during rush hours.

Good god... you're a fucking retard/cross dresser.

Atomic Punk wrote:I didn't get up to Magnolia as time ran out.

You know why ???

I had you quarantined by the Texas Rangers if you got within 6 miles of my Tejas headquarters in Plantersville... which just happens to be across the street from the horniest place in Texas.

"Henry's Hideout"

You know who I am...

EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Atomic Punk wrote:Yes, it was in Spring. The several times I went in there you see people opening the bolts of their AR's before they enter the store and go out back to the shooting range. As pops said, the 59 and the 1960 are pretty busy. I didn't revisit the "inner loop" by all of the colleges this time, but remembered it was a nice atmosphere with a lot of dives to hang out at. I didn't go back to Kemah as there was no time. I liked Kemah and Sudden Sam remembered a restaurant I talked about.

Humble/Kingwood area is exactly as you mentioned. Kingwood is a very nice heavily wooded suburban community with 4 top notch golf courses and very nice restaurants on Lake Houston. Humble is a shithole with a mall. There are plenty of restaurants to dine in Humble, but the Mrs. and I hardly venture down there because of the clientele. We eat in Kingwood, The Woodlands, or Downtown Houston.

You really have to pick your spots in the Houston area. Most anything west of Houston is okay. Southwest area is scary but has some nice spots in the Galleria area and West University. South Houston and the East side is a shithole as well, although East End is starting to take a turn for the better. The Heights is probably my favorite area with all the pubs, restaurants, and trendy townhomes and remodeled pier and beam homes in the area.

Yes, the summers suck. It's super hot and humid and you just can't wait for it to end in October, but it beats shoveling snow in the winter time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

^^^ best sounding guitar, evah.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Florida's flooding? :?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Go Coogs' wrote: Humble/Kingwood area is exactly as you mentioned. Kingwood is a very nice heavily wooded suburban community with 4 top notch golf courses and very nice restaurants on Lake Houston. Humble is a shithole with a mall. There are plenty of restaurants to dine in Humble, but the Mrs. and I hardly venture down there because of the clientele. We eat in Kingwood, The Woodlands, or Downtown Houston.

You really have to pick your spots in the Houston area. Most anything west of Houston is okay. Southwest area is scary but has some nice spots in the Galleria area and West University. South Houston and the East side is a shithole as well, although East End is starting to take a turn for the better. The Heights is probably my favorite area with all the pubs, restaurants, and trendy townhomes and remodeled pier and beam homes in the area.

Yes, the summers suck. It's super hot and humid and you just can't wait for it to end in October, but it beats shoveling snow in the winter time.
Maybe that "clientele" (as to which I clearly understand your meaning of the 2 ethnic groups) is afraid to go north of the San Jacinto river in case of bridge collapse. The I-69, HWY 59, and side roads are set up nicely. I walked into one steak house in north Humble that was supposed to be good, but left after seeing the clientele.

Keeping Will Clayton Pkwy as a reference for the airport and not going south, but keeping the 1960 as a warning sign to keep the East-West barrier was all I needed to know. Next time, I shall buy more from items from Carter's Country in Spring and hopefully see Lake Houston if time permits. I've heard George Foreman lives or lived in that community west of the 59 off either Kingwood Dr or Northpark Dr.

I think The mStool has his corporation headquartered there also. :meds:

The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Hope everyone is safe and i wish there was a way to ship all that flood water towards my way as Vegas and the west as a whole could really use some of it
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Wonder if it would be feasible to pump it over the rockies to get it to the left coast. I guess it would take a lot of juice. Some of it could be recouped on the downhill side.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

*Bump*

Our subdivision was literally an island over the weekend. Our big Dodge Ram could make it out, but anyone with a small SUV or car was trapped until Monday.

San Jacinto West fork levels rose to 61.9ft (highest ever was back in '94 at 67.4). Flooding occurs at 52 ft, so you can imagine what's been taking place down here. We caught a break for four days and the level got down to 52ft, but the bottom fell out of the sky all last night and early this morning and we're already back to 57ft. Forecast doesn't look promising either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

God's never-ending effort to wash the stupid out of Texas.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Why are you so bitter and full of hate?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

If you could just sent a few feet of that stuff our way we'd all be better off.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Go Coogs' wrote:Why are you so bitter and full of hate?
Hate? I'm just having fun. Are you new here?

At least your old lady's got those OEM water wings.

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote:If you could just sent a few feet of that stuff our way we'd all be better off.
You don't need any more water.

Sin,
D. tRump
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It let loose here late last night -- must have been at least 0.05". But it hadn't rained for a while, so it's all good.

I'm sure the 100 degree days this coming weekend (forecast, which means it will be 87) will dry it out.

Sit tight, C'o'o'o'ogs -- with the extreme topography in your area, all that water should ebb by... August.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Roach wrote:Speaking of Texas Flood . . .
Great clip.

(also, check out the top of the thread... :wink: )
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roach wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Roach wrote:Speaking of Texas Flood . . .
Great clip.

Glass dick, type II
So that's Adult Onset Glass Dick? Your thoughts, Papa Willie?

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Roach wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Great clip.

Glass dick, type II
So that's Adult Onset Glass Dick? Your thoughts, Papa Willie?
No, AOGD is what I had last week making a post, then making it again 5 posts later. :doh:
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:No, AOGD is what I had last week making a post, then making it again 5 posts later. :doh:
That would be stupidity squared.

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

PrimeX lives in Houston and complains about his commute on a daily basis. He usually has a large beer on his evening commute and then pees in it when he's stuck in a flood.

Is that even legal? I believe Texas can have open container.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:PrimeX lives in Houston and complains about his commute on a daily basis. He usually has a large beer on his evening commute and then pees in it when he's stuck in a flood.

And you're allowed to pee anywhere you want to.

kind of like San Francisco.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

trev wrote:
No open container in Texas. DUI laws are pretty strict down here.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote: I wouldn't call the Woodlands north of Houston a shithole. I spent a nice week down there a month ago. I did finally get to try Whataburger down south of it and it wasn't all that, except the fries. There were some decent steak houses and seafood joints as one would expect. Chevron gas was $2.25/gallon due to no state taxes.
The Woodlands is probably one of the better places to visit in the Houston area. Lots of bad ass restaurants, the river walk, pubs, and golf.
I've never been there but a golfing buddy of mine tells me the Woodllands is the shiznot of golf in Texas....he was able to get on the Woodlands Country Club and said it was fantastic....he also played the two courses located the Woodlands resort and said both were great courses....his only complaint was that the wind apparently blows all the time.....maybe that's why PGA guys from Texas are pretty proficient at playing in the wind....
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:No state allows open containers in cars, where it would be within reach of the driver
Uhm...

By "no state," you meant to say "7 states don't have open container laws," right?

And to make it all the more hilarious... the state you live in is one of them.

Along with Arkansas, Mississippi, West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware, and Connecticut.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one