Big XII conference made by laws updates...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Big XII conference made by laws updates...

Post by Left Seater »

to help the student athletes.

The first change updates wording in the athletic scholarship language to now read "costs up to the full amount allowed by the NCAA.". This moves them to allow awarding scholarships based on cost of attendance. It is expected the NCAA will make this change in January which will allow things like supplies, laundry, parking, etc, etc, etc to be covered by the school.

The second change is one I have long been looking for the NCAA to mandate is multi year scholarships. The Big XII now requires member schools to provide athletic scholarships or full aid to athletes as long as they are eligible to participate in their sport. In other words they can't revoke a scholarship once awarded as long as the athlete meets the grade and citizenship requirements of the school, conference and NCAA. Some Big XII schools already guaranteed this to their athletes, OU, Texas and WVU are three for sure and their may be others. Now all ten must do this.

Finally, the conference will require former athletes who left on their own to pursue a professional career and who were in "good academic and social standing" at the time they left will recieve full scholarships or aid from the athletic department when they return to school, be it full time or part time in the off season of their sport.

Most of the press will focus on the first issue, but that isn't the biggest issue in my book. Some schools will still not give the athletes any cash, instead they will just cover those expenses on campus.

The second and third changes are really long over due and are significant. Props to the conf for mandating this to their schools. Here's hoping the other conferences follow. (I understand some schools are already doing this on their own, but most are not.)
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Big XII conference made by laws updates...

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:to help the student athletes.

The first change updates wording in the athletic scholarship language to now read "costs up to the full amount allowed by the NCAA.". This moves them to allow awarding scholarships based on cost of attendance. It is expected the NCAA will make this change in January which will allow things like supplies, laundry, parking, etc, etc, etc to be covered by the school.

The second change is one I have long been looking for the NCAA to mandate is multi year scholarships. The Big XII now requires member schools to provide athletic scholarships or full aid to athletes as long as they are eligible to participate in their sport. In other words they can't revoke a scholarship once awarded as long as the athlete meets the grade and citizenship requirements of the school, conference and NCAA. Some Big XII schools already guaranteed this to their athletes, OU, Texas and WVU are three for sure and their may be others. Now all ten must do this.

Finally, the conference will require former athletes who left on their own to pursue a professional career and who were in "good academic and social standing" at the time they left will recieve full scholarships or aid from the athletic department when they return to school, be it full time or part time in the off season of their sport.

Most of the press will focus on the first issue, but that isn't the biggest issue in my book. Some schools will still not give the athletes any cash, instead they will just cover those expenses on campus.

The second and third changes are really long over due and are significant. Props to the conf for mandating this to their schools. Here's hoping the other conferences follow. (I understand some schools are already doing this on their own, but most are not.)
It would have been nice if the Texas posters could give a little credit to the man who has been pushing this forward so quickly . . . David Boren.

But Rack us.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:The Big 12 errrr 10 errrr whatever the fuck they've shrunk to now doesn't even have a Championship game anymore...
So there's at least one reason to like the Big 12.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Papa Willie wrote:The Big 12 errrr 10 errrr whatever the fuck they've shrunk to now doesn't even have a Championship game anymore...

No need for one when you crown a true champion.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

No doubt David Boren deserves kudos, but no more than Oliver Luck and De Loss prior to his retirement.

However the majority of the thanks should go to a group of former players who have been pushing for this for close to a decade now.