Muchamp. Dead.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: Muchamp. Dead.

Post by WolverineSteve »

Dan Mullen on line one...
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

The mood in Auburn is to bring Boom back as DC.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

WolverineSteve wrote:Dan Mullen on line one...
Doubt it. Too tied to the Meyer era.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

He's tied to two MNCs as the OC.

Florida will offer Saban-level money.
Killian

Post by Killian »

He's also tied to about 37 arrests during that time frame. There have already been reports that Mullen and Rich Rod will not be approached about this job.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Good riddance...and it won't be Mullen or RichRod. The bullshit rumors now are Stoops and Harbaugh. Gundy is a realistic candidate...don't think that will sell though...
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bucmonkey wrote:Gundy is a realistic candidate.
At his age?

How old is he now, anyway?

Wrong side of 40, right?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Yeah, but he's a MAN.

C'm' after him.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

If it wasn't for Gundy, I never would have known that some mothers have children.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Bucmonkey wrote:Good riddance...and it won't be Mullen or RichRod. The bullshit rumors now are Stoops and Harbaugh.
I assume you mean whichever Harbaugh finishes in 2nd place for the scUM job, ya know, since they're knocking down doors to be coach in Ann Arbor. :wink:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Take Stoops and we hire Mullen?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Take Stoops and we hire Mullen?
Be very careful what you wish for.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Killian

Post by Killian »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Mullen might do well at OU, but to me he appears to be about as mediocre a head coach as there is out there.

Other than drilling Michigan in a bowl game, what important game has he won? What win impresses?

MSU beats the teams they should beat and they lose to the the good teams. Check his record.
Look at MSU historically. What he is doing there is one of their best stretches of all time.

He beat Georgia and UF in 2010. They both may have been down, but both schools had above average coaches and loads better talent.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Killian wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:Dan Mullen on line one...
Doubt it. Too tied to the Meyer era.
And he apparently did not have a great relationship with Foley
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:
Be very careful what you wish for.
I've been telling other people that for three years now . . . It bothers me, I don't want to become Michigan or Nebraska but . . . hell, we are becoming Nebraska with Bob. I'm not sure if he has the drive to do this job anymore.

Josh is in overhead as the OC. His career reeks of nepotism. He's never coached or played for someone not named Stoops since 1998. Our game planning is bad offensively and the play calling isn't any better. We do a lot of out athleting other teams these days to score. It took him an entire half to realize it might be a good idea to run the ball, against the conference's worst rushing defense, with the biggest offensive line in the country, and the conference's best RB . . . pure genius.

Mike doesn't know what he is doing in the 3-4 and the spread baffles him. The game has passed him by. Our secondary has been bad for years now and I'm tired of making excuses for it. If not for having a couple of guys who went on to become NFL Pro Bowlers over the last few years it could have been much worse.

Baylor was a wake up call. It's time for "no excuses" football in Norman again and if Stoops can't still do that then it's time to part ways. I don't have unrealistic expectations, I don't expect a national title every other season but it has been half a decade now since Oklahoma won an outright and undisputed conference title. Texas sucks right now, they are worse than we are.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

SunCoastSooner wrote: Texas sucks right now, they are worse than we are.

Once again, you prove yourself to be a complete idiot that's off his meds.

You should go back to not posting for another few years.

Let me help you out here a bit...

Tejas, has the best D in the country over the last month and it's not even close.

Being that you're a complete idiot... I went out of my way to show you what complete idiot you are.

Check out the "Box Score" of your game with Tejas...

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400547870

There isn't a team in the country that has that box score and ended up with a loss this year in all of college football. Not even close.

Charlie Strong spent the first half of the season getting rid of the shit on his team that made them suck.

If I recall correctly... Oklahoma State had a total... of 56 yards of total offense going into the 4th quarter. Yeah, that Oklahoma State team that almost beat Florida State.

If there was one team in the country EVERY coach in America does not want to play right now... it's Tejas.

Because they would lose.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

All valid points, but you don't make a change unless you know you are getting better. For every big game Bob there is a Blake and Schnelenburger.

And yes Texas isn't good, but they beat Bob last season and had no business being as close to y'all as they were this season. That alone though doesn't mean you show stoops the door.

But if you still want to gas Stoops, who do you bring in?
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Left Seater wrote:
And yes Texas isn't good,

Huh ?

Do you live on the same "Stupid Farm" as SCS ???

I'm surrounded by idiots !
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:But if you still want to gas Stoops, who do you bring in?
And therein lies the biggest issue.

I want his brother and Donut boy gone.

I did say Mullen. He reminds me a lot of Barry Switzer personality wise.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

matteric wrote:
Left Seater wrote:
And yes Texas isn't good,

Huh ?

Do you live on the same "Stupid Farm" as SCS ???

I'm surrounded by idiots !
We're above Texas in the conference standings and Scoreboard.

STFU.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

This is exactly why I always preach caution on coaching changes. You have to know you will get better with the change. I agree that his brother needs to go but I don't see that happening.

Personality of Switzer is fine, you just don't want all the other crap.

As for the Texas comments, I do agree with you that they are a mess but not because they suck and have no talent. They are a mess because you don't know which team you are going to get. When y'all beat them, they were their own worst enemy. KO return for TD, a pick 6, and the OU FG towards the end of the first half only happens because the coverage guy hit the returner after the fair catch. Without those 15 yards OU was punting again. Despite all that Texas still made a game of it.

Then they go out and need a last minute drive to beat ISU at home? WTF? They then completey shut down WVU after struggling against KSU. Then a pretty dominate defensive performance against OSU while the offense was crap in the second half. Who knows which team shows up against TCU.

But look out for them next season. ATM is on board with m2 and they want no part of them in a bowl game. I disagree and think they likely lose to TCU and would lose to ATM Ina bowl game that would see 98 total points scored.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

This is exactly why I always preach caution on coaching changes. You have to know you will get better with the change. I agree that his brother needs to go but I don't see that happening.

Personality of Switzer is fine, you just don't want all the other crap.

Agreed.
As for the Texas comments, I do agree with you that they are a mess but not because they suck and have no talent. They are a mess because you don't know which team you are going to get. When y'all beat them, they were their own worst enemy. KO return for TD, a pick 6, and the OU FG towards the end of the first half only happens because the coverage guy hit the returner after the fair catch. Without those 15 yards OU was punting again. Despite all that Texas still made a game of it.

Then they go out and need a last minute drive to beat ISU at home? WTF? They then completey shut down WVU after struggling against KSU. Then a pretty dominate defensive performance against OSU while the offense was crap in the second half. Who knows which team shows up against TCU.

But look out for them next season. ATM is on board with m2 and they want no part of them in a bowl game. I disagree and think they likely lose to TCU and would lose to ATM Ina bowl game that would see 98 total points scored.
Saying Texas sucks was for brevity's sake, perspective about the state of the conference, and because I'm a Sooner and that's reason enough to feel that way about them.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

No need to explain your thoughts or comments to me. I was just clarifying my comment.