Correct me if I'm wrong...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Post by Dinsdale »

But isn't Stanford supposed to have a good defense or something?

They're deer in the headlights, and Oregon is running right over them.

In other news, the Flyin Hawaiian is still pretty good.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Correct me if I'm wrong...

Post by Mikey »

Looked very ugly at first but at least we have a game.

Seriously though some of the coaching decisions by the Stanford staff just piss me off. FGs are not going to win this game.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

absolutely no pass rush tonite either.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I hear a fat lady singing all the way from Eugene.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Oregon has a great team and some very classy players. Barring a miracle tonight I hope they go all the way this year.

Their fans, on the other hand, are for the most part a bunch of classless self-entitled bitches.

Reminds me of Dodger fans.
Last edited by Mikey on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
Their fans, on the other hand, are for the most part a bunch of classless self-entitled bitches.
Apparently Stanford fans always take the high road?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Apparently Stanford fans always take the high road?
Didn't say that, did I?

I guess we have to let Oregon have one once in a while just to keep the PAC12 north interesting.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
I guess we have to let Oregon have one once in a while just to keep the PAC12 north interesting.
I guess that's why you've let us have 10 of the last 13?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:
I guess that's why you've let us have 1 of the last 3?
Pretty much.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hate to break it to you, but Oregon has absolutely OWNED Stanford for the last couple of decades.

If your program's success revolves around beating one team twice in a row... your program sucks.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Furd is absolutely horrible.

At least, Cal made a game of it while getting screwed by the PAC 12 refs.

Anyways, there's a wild one going on in Oregon (California's Canada) right now and it looks Canada cold up there.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Then you must not watch many PAC games, or aren't paying much attention.

Regardless which PAC flavor we like, ask any of the PAC fans here their opinion.

I watch plenty of SEC games (easily the best officiated conference), and I don't see the horrible officiating that I see in almost every PAC game... not even close.

And the flag-happy nature of PAC refs sucks. Sure, PAC teams tend to play a more wide-open style, which one could argue leads to more penalties, but by the time the conference season ends, take a look at the most penalized teams -- 1-12 can possibly be the PAC teams. Usually doesn't start out that way OOC, but by the end, the PAC dominates. UCLA has been the most penalized team for 2 years running (although Kal is edging them out so far this year), and IIRC, only one PAC team finished outside of the top-20 (or some such nonsense).
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Dinsdale wrote: I watch plenty of SEC games (easily the best officiated conference)

And the flag-happy nature of PAC refs sucks. Sure, PAC teams tend to play a more wide-open style, which one could argue leads to more penalties

Most officials and supervisors would disagree with your SEC claim. The B1G and Big XII are regarded as the best officiated. The B1G because of their ties to the MAC and MVC. The Big XII because so many of their officials have been using NCAA rules for their entire officiating career.

Totally agree with the flag happy nature of the PAC. Why call a hold on the right tackle when the QB in the gun immediately after the snap turns and fires the ball to the WR on the left side of the field? It has zero bearing on the play.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And while it's an issue in other conferences, the completely random enforcement of unsportsmanlike conduct is over-the-top in the PAC.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:Hate to break it to you, but Oregon has absolutely OWNED Stanford for the last couple of decades.

If your program's success revolves around beating one team twice in a row... your program sucks.
If 11-7 over the last 20 years is "absolutely OWNED", then I guess you're right.

But, really, what's the most relevant time frame to compare two programs? What makes two decades the best comparison?

By your measure Stanford has absolutely OWNED Oregon for the past 114 years (46-30).
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:I dunno. It might be because when I'm watching a Pac game - I don't usually ever have any bias towards one team or another. I can assure you that there's been far more than one SEC game where I would have LOVED to have seen the refs lynched...
You don't have to be biased. The suckage of the PAC12 officiating cuts both ways on a fairly equal basis.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
You don't have to be biased. The suckage of the PAC12 officiating cuts both ways on a fairly equal basis.
We can disagree on many things, but not this. In a league game, no team's fans every come out thinking they got the better end of the officiating.

Last night's game was relatively free of head-scratchers, but there were a few, in about equal numbers.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:
We can disagree on many things, but not this. In a league game, no team's fans every come out thinking they got the better end of the officiating.

Last night's game was relatively free of head-scratchers, but there were a few, in about equal numbers.
Absolutely. Can't find too much to complain about from last night except the fact that my team absolutely rolled over, and a game that I'd been looking forward to for months was basically finished before I was even settled into my chair. Sort of like Game 6 last week in KC.

My comment about the Duck fans was probably due mostly to general pissedoffedness, and the fact that they seem to find a need to boo at every call that doesn't go exactly how they want it to, even it it's legit. Gets a little annoying after a while.

Still wondering what happened to our pass rush. Parry was not playing at full speed and Aziz Shittu is out for the season, but that doesn't really explain it. Fucked up game planning and a good offensive line, I guess.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

There's fans that don't boo every call against them? Plus, Duckfan had all afternoon to get their drink on.

The offensive line, after myriad injuries, is coming together. Hronis Grasu may be the best center I've ever seen, and Jake Fisher is back from injury (replacing the true freshman that played against Zona, along with the 3 others who didn't start the season, plus Grasu... people don't seem to remember that part), and playing at an All-American level. No one has had much of a pass rush the last few games.

Stanford got blown off the LOS much of the evening. I don't see Utah doing any better.
matteric
Elwood

Post by matteric »

Dinsdale wrote:
The offensive line, after myriad injuries, is coming together. Hronis Grasu may be the best center I've ever seen, and Jake Fisher is back from injury

This guy is the best player on your team... albeit, Marcus Marriota may win the Heisman Trophy.

This guy blocks like "Mike Curtis" used to hit on defense for the Baltimore Colts.

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Left Seater wrote: Why call a hold on the right tackle when the QB in the gun immediately after the snap turns and fires the ball to the WR on the left side of the field? It has zero bearing on the play.
This hurts my brain.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Pac 12 officiating is bad.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

How many of you have ever been officials or umpires at any level before?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

I have. City league 10 - 13 years old, and flag inter mural football at FSU. NOT an impressive resume. But it's still a yes. It was fun, yet kinda sucked. Nothing like having some drunken Dad or frat boy screaming in your face.
What were we just talking about?