Whatever happened to Luther?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Whatever happened to Luther?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dude used to be one of the most epic posters here and then all of the sudden he falls off the face of the earth? Whatever happened to him? Which of his tight buds from here could fill us in? I always wondered what happened to Luther.

I especially know the old crotchety fucks here like Wolftard, Gobbles McTubesteak and BSuck really miss him. They were like peas in a pod.

Any ideas?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Whatever happened to Luther?

Post by Goober McTuber »

He got sick of reading your shit posts.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

I haven't heard from Mace in quite a while, which is odd as we used to talk often. If anybody else knows, give us the word.

As to Luther, he is fine. Just retired from the boards. I've tried a few times to get him to post a story or two, and he may one day, but don't count on it. He got sick of the politics and weirdness of a couple of posters. Most of you know who they are. So, he took his avatar and beer and called it quits.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I haven't heard from Luther since last August. I'm sure he drops by here once in a while. I wouldn't expect him to post anything unless it was something super important. Mace's absence is a bit worrisome.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Whatever happened to NorNev?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Aaron in Tucson?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Whatever happened to NorNev?
Why? Were you trying to molest his kids?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

It's good to post the "whatever happened to" threads once in awhile; kind of takes the pressure off.....

Meanwhile, Van is still above ground.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

good to hear Van still has a pulse. Any chance he might drag himself into chat tonight?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Papa Willie wrote:Anybody know what has become of Mace? Been awhile since he's been here...
He got tired of people confusing him with Jon.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

FLW Buckeye wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Anybody know what has become of Mace? Been awhile since he's been here...
He got tired of people confusing him with Jon.
Major LOL.

Someone tell me the story between Luther and Tarddowen. What exactly happened there?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

And whatever happened to Ucunt? Steroid-induced suicide?
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:And whatever happened to Ucunt?
ucant played in JFFL for many years, the last few as treasurer. For some reason, this past year he decided to back away from the keyboard and the league. He sent a few of us an e-mail using the league website before the start of the season announcing his intentions.

Good dude who hopefully will be back someday.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

PSU
Indy
Bace
Bushice
Tom in Va
Cicero
Radio Fan
Dio
DrDetwat
SCS
ucant
Roider James
Fester
Jimmy Med
OCMike?
Mace?
The Assassin
Annie :wink:
rozy
Headhunter
Biggie
Rack Fu
Gunslinger
Nish
Rumps?
e
Elvis
Q
Luther
Jess
Neely
DallasFanatic
TardTardBen
chowd103
Lab Rat - can't hang

This place sucks horse cocks!
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:I haven't heard from Mace in quite a while, which is odd as we used to talk often. If anybody else knows, give us the word.

As to Luther, he is fine. Just retired from the boards. I've tried a few times to get him to post a story or two, and he may one day, but don't count on it. He got sick of the politics and weirdness of a couple of posters. Most of you know who they are. So, he took his avatar and beer and called it quits.

For those of you sharing concern about my health, rest assured that I'm in good health and enjoying my retirement. I've occasionally checked in here during football season but haven't taken the time to post, primarily because I haven't had the time to engage in any banter. We've been busy remodeling our house and, while it's not yet finished, the finish line is fast approaching, just not fast enough to suit me. The landscaping portion of the project will have to wait for spring, so we have more work to do.

Been busy getting two kids through college the past several years and are finally down to the final semester for our youngest, and I have finally fully retired and have no intention of ever going back to work. :) I'm headed to Jay's neck of the woods in March to watch the Cubs in spring training, before they're mathematically eliminated from the pennant race, and to play a little golf. I'm looking forward to getting out of the Iowa deep freeze and being somewhere where the only cold thing is the beer in my hand. Wife and I are also headed to Cancun in May.

You're right, Sam, the Hawkeyes had a decent football season this year and I'm looking forward to next season, but right now I'm enjoying the basketball season. I was at Carver Hawkeye Arena this past Tuesday to see a disappointing OT loss to MSU and am getting damn tired of seeing Sparty's success over the Hawkeyes, as I was at Kinnick Stadium last fall to see them beat Iowa.

Okay, you guys who were concerned about my health are now caught up with what's going on in my life and those who don't give a shit can go fuck themselves. Oh, and fuck the Wisconsin Badgers as well. :)

I
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Yep, I'm done with coaching too, Scott, and would rather spend what years I have left on the golf course than the baseball field. Time for the younger guys to take over. I had a detached retina 5 years ago and, 5 surgeries later, I wouldn't feel comfortable officiating football or baseball, even though my eyesight is probably better than some of the officials I've seen the past few years. I also bought a small fishing boat a couple of years ago and will put it to good use for many years to come.

Sam, I hope you're doing well too. Are you still having back problems?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mace wrote:
Sam, I hope you're doing well too. Are you still having back problems?
More like brain problems.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Don't, you have your own thread for that now.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mace wrote:For those of you sharing concern about my health, rest assured that I'm in good health and enjoying my retirement. I've occasionally checked in here during football season but haven't taken the time to post, primarily because Iowa sucks out loud.
FTFY. I will be in Phoenix in March with my in-laws for the last week of spring training. Let me know if you want to hook up and buy me drinks.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Great job, Buttsy.

Thanks!

Indy: I was talking about Indy Frisco. He actually popped into chat here last week, which shocked me. But haven't seen him post for a long time.

The Assassin: Was an NFL guy and Raider fan.

Qbert: Also an NFL guy. Was an original, going back to around 1999. But he's now been gone for a few years.

Mike the Lab Rat: Very solid poster. Smart guy. Used to be a good read. Hasn't posted for a few years -- and I guess told BSmack he's never coming back.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:no clue
no clue
no clue
no clue
No clue.
No clue.
no clue.
no clue
no clue
That really went without saying.

Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Nice to see you drop by Mace. Glad all is well. Drop a line when you can, especially if you're heading out this way in March. :grin:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:Indy - who gives a fuck?
Indy foots the bill for radio, which you seem to enjoy from time to time. Let's be a little nicer toward those who support this place, okay good buddy?

Have a nice one.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

As long as Papaspray is docenting:

Jay Duck
Aggie Gal
Degenerate
Badfish
Mr T
Peter Dragon
Q, West Coast Style
Vito Corleone
Nolesy
Sky
Prototype
Shaz
T Rex
!Bradhusker!
E UNUM PLURIBUS
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Papa Willie wrote:I think I used the excuse "My parents died in a fire last night, so I have to tend to that" - or something along those lines.
That was easy. The hard part was killing your parents.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Qbert: Also an NFL guy. Was an original, going back to around 1999. But he's now been gone for a few years.
last I heard he was repping for a golf company.....I bought some clubs from him but that was about 4 years ago, so I have no idea where he is.......I miss that guy, he was a cool cat....
get out, get out while there's still time
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

KC Scott wrote:Radio Fan - got caught up in the Lillian Vernon / Kaotis melt and went MIA
I thought he had some sort of meltdown with Screwy as well?

Either way, I always thought RF was a good dude. Hope he comes back.
KC Scott wrote:one in the same
Yet another addition to the T1B lexicon?

And since we're on the subject, conspicuous by his absence, both on the board and in this thread, is one of my all-time favorite posters, velocet.

Another MIA name: Lawman.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Namnalk
Scorpion
KUTTER
Lion
Sexy Lexie
purplerox
cannabis
Cobra
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Since some names have been mentioned . . .

IIRC, both Bradhusker and Annie were banned. It's my understanding that Annie's ban has since been lifted but she still hasn't come back. Not sure whether Brad's ban is still in place.

Dr. D was banned, returned later after we learned his ban had been lifted, then disappeared again. Don't know where he is now.

Purplerox died in a motor vehicle accident, IIRC.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Radio Fan - got caught up in the Lillian Vernon / Kaotis melt and went MIA
I thought he had some sort of meltdown with Screwy as well?
He did. I believe he accused me of being in on it. I don't exactly remember the story, but I sort of liked the dude because he was a news editor before he offed himself from the board.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Terry in Crapchester wrote:IIRC, both Bradhusker and Annie were banned. It's my understanding that Annie's ban has since been lifted but she still hasn't come back. Not sure whether Brad's ban is still in place.
Brad was only banned for about a week. He hasn't come back since being re-instated.
The Seer wrote:Peter Dragon
Offed himself.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Purplerox died in a motor vehicle accident, IIRC.
Wrong.

He died of a heart attack while doing what he loved best, ice fishing on a Minnesota lake. His son was aware of his affinity for TNW (before T1B existed) and put up a post in the NFL forum letting his buddies know what had happened. He even posted a link to some memorial website where 'tart and I (and maybe some others from TNW) paid our respects.

P-rox was fond of poetry and is sadly missed.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Dr. D was banned, returned later after we learned his ban had been lifted, then disappeared again. Don't know where he is now.
Within a few miles of me, somewhere.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Gucci?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Sudden Sam wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Peter Dragon

Offed himself.
Literally?
Yes. Was a Cincy dude, if I recall. Can't remember who notified the board of his offing, but yeah... he offed himself.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

peter dragon - 1
Toddowen - 0
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

KC Scott wrote:Wags is correct on purplerox

Radiofan started PMing with Katy, some how fell in love then she posted all his messages and accused him of being a stalker. At that point he ejected. But at least he didn't send her any pics of himself in womens panties.
*sniff*

Good times.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Still here. Just been really busy with work.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

We were worried the mrs rolled over and squished you in the middle of the night.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.