Mr and Mrs Seater's Renovation PET

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Mr and Mrs Seater's Renovation PET

Post by Mace »

I don't think I'll be seeing those guys, Derron. The two carpenters came to our house a few weeks ago to get some measurements and find out what my wife wanted, and I plan to be either be out of the house when they come to install or stock up on Vicks Vapor Rub to stick up my nose. The body odor was unbearable, so I'm hoping their workmanship is better than their hygiene. They used to live in this area and I've seen cabinets they've made for other families in town, and they do great work.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There is no BO like religious fundie BO. A while back, maybe 20 years I made a service call to a print shop in brooklyn. The owner was a typical conservative jew. Normally dressed and smelling with the beanie. Before I left I had to go in the office to fill out some paperwork. The entire office staff was Hasidic.

Oy fukkin' vey!!!!!!

I guess the Hasidic dudes all get together for a bath once a month. I think I was there the day before bath day. I swear the paint was peeling off the walls from these dudes.

And it was fukking january. I decided then, that if shlomo put in a service call in August, somebody else could take it.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

the house looks nice but your ole lady's dumper is what really caught my attention :grin:
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

:lol: Classic David in Tulsa.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Speaking of flying yesterday was one of those pucker days. Winds were gusting over 60mph and the sock was spinning thru about 100 degrees. Twice in 20 minutes the active runway was switched. Always funny watching the commercial guys have to backtrack to a different runway only to see them parade right back. Two Southwest jets just decided to hold and when the winds switched they were off and gone. I'm sure the AA and UA passengers weren't too happy that their pilots decided to do an airport tour.

We had one go around while trying to master the winds, but the guys that really earned their paycheck were the two flying a King Air. They were doing everything they could to stay lined up on short final and everything looked good until about 200 feet when a gust put them prolly 75 feet off the centerline in maybe 3 seconds. Those guys took 4 tries before they had a nice lull and a textbook landing.

Oh, and nice to know you guys enjoy my wife's ass. :hfal:
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Mace wrote: The kitchen, paint colors, etc, is all hers. Life will be easier that way if she doesn't like the finished product. I'm staying out of the decision making process. She's spent hours and hours designing the new kitchen, looking at cabinets and counter tops, appliances, etc, and my only input has been to tell her I'd like stainless steel appliances but will be okay with whatever she picks out.
Pussy. Why do you let your wife push you around?

Sin,

Screwy
It's just easier that way, Sam, as you well know, and I don't really care what the kitchen looks like. I designed the new deck and my man cave a couple of years ago and will do the same with the patio. The new geothermal heating/cooling we put in last fall was also on me but I basically just need a place to watch games, drink beer and grill, and a place to sleep. The rest is her domain. Hope that explains it for Screwy. :)
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I put up a shed a few years ago to store all of my mowers, lawn equipment, and fishing/camping equipment, some of which had been stored in the garage, and it's suprising how much more room we have for our vehicles now. Funny how that works.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Do you have to "match" your house in color or design....or both? Our house is painted Cape Cod Gray and I found a 12'x21' metal building that pretty much matched in color for around $3,000.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote:Speaking of flying yesterday was one of those pucker days. Winds were gusting over 60mph and the sock was spinning thru about 100 degrees.
As was in the U & L . I usually have the radio on in my office / shop and can hear the slopes working out of HIO. it was OK in the morning, but
then it started warming up, with some squalls moving through and it got real gusty and unpredictable. They did some crosswind air work for a while, some power off stalls and cross wind turn workall, but the C150's just started getting kicked around a bit much. A couple of them worked the Seminole for a while, but even gave that up about 3 pm. Not a peep on the radio save for Intel's Embraers they run all day long.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Is that parallel runway going to move forward? Last I heard it was tied up in court?

Hillsboro is the place to go over PDX any day.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote:Is that parallel runway going to move forward? Last I heard it was tied up in court?

Hillsboro is the place to go over PDX any day.
The chances of that happening in my opinion are slim. Anything that has to do with expanding that airport any time soon will stay slammed in court. Extending the run out areas was a major battle. People were bitching about the renovation of 011 at PDX even. Hillsboro is a much easier airport to fly into than PDX.

If Nike and Intel say, build another runway or our next / fab/ manufacturing/ headquarters is going to be built somewhere else, then it gets done yesterday. Techjets (Intel) has about 20 flights as day in and out of there. The slopes learn to fly helicopters, and up to twins there, plus a lot of other corporate traffic as well. The airport has a fair amount of capacity left even with the current configuration, but any increase in traffic gets the usual, " I bought my house/property/there knowing there was an airport, but want it shut down now crowd."

I could be wrong, but it has been a pretty dead issue in the local news and business talk, and even pilots I talk to that fly out of there a lot do not know much.
Derron
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw those that want to shut the airport down after buying their house under the flight path.

There is a guy that bought a huge house about 4 miles from the end of the runway in Sugar Land. Dude has acerage and has planted a shrub hedge that says "crash" when viewed from the air. He also calls the city damn near daily to complain about the noise of the planes. Dude is well known to many of the pilots that fly into and out of there and has followed many guys to local eateries to complain directly to them. As such many pilots have a very shallow climb until they approach his place and then climb at a much steeper angle to concentrate the noise footprint over his property.

Not the best approach IMO, but then he has never followed me from the airport either.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote:
There is a guy that bought a huge house about 4 miles from the end of the runway in Sugar Land. Dude has acerage and has planted a shrub hedge that says "crash" when viewed from the air.

That's sick. A couple of years ago, I set my mower about 1/2 lower on my airstrip and wrote " Eat shit John" on it. A joke on my buddy who brings his Maule in and out of there. Kept it there for about a month in the spring, got lots of circling planes looking at it.

As such many pilots have a very shallow climb until they approach his place and then climb at a much steeper angle to concentrate the noise footprint over his property.
Guess if he did not wish harm on other people that might not be happening. Too bad he was not closer and you could really run the dB level up there. Like going out of SNA and ONT, stand that bitch on its tail at about 20 degrees right after lift off, and then "pull off the power",right. At PDX they want you to make an immediate turn to get out over the river to keep the noise down, but that only works on a couple of departure routes.
Derron
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Left Seater wrote:As such many pilots have a very shallow climb until they approach his place and then climb at a much steeper angle to concentrate the noise footprint over his property.

Not the best approach IMO, but then he has never followed me from the airport either.
Fukk that dude. I'd do all that along with maybe vent a little something over his place.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Yeah that river departure works well on western departures. What PDX should get a lot of credit for though is the RNP-Z 28L continous decent approach. A constant engine setting till the flare is huge vs the old step down approach. Saves fuel and engine time.

I think only Southwest and Alaska are currently using this though. That figures though as those two are on the cutting edge of technology vs the legacy carriers.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote:Yeah that river departure works well on western departures. What PDX should get a lot of credit for though is the RNP-Z 28L continous decent approach. A constant engine setting till the flare is huge vs the old step down approach. Saves fuel and engine time.

I think only Southwest and Alaska are currently using this though. That figures though as those two are on the cutting edge of technology vs the legacy carriers.
That and the fact their terminals are on that side of the field, and that approach has a huge volume. Of course when the winds starting blowing hard out of the gorge, everything flips 180 degrees, and it gets a bit more complicated.
Derron
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Ok, but they would still save a crap ton of fuel by using the CDA to 28L vs the standard step down even with their gates on the north side of the field. Where they are turning off of 28L puts them damn near the crossfield taxi way. Lot less fuel burn in a two minute taxi vs maintaining FL 6 for a few minutes.

Its kinda like the whole Philly deal with Southwest. Southwest came in and approached the airport about using 17/35 for landings and some departures. The airport said yes with special training and restrictions. Southwest agreed and had each pilot certified for 17/35 landings and takeoffs in the sim. As such Southwest was cutting in half the scheduled time USairways was publishing between PHL and PVD or MHT.

Then instead of certifying their own crews they tried to get the whole process shut down.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote: vs maintaining FL 6 for a few minutes.
That is what they have to do that on the approach to 28L right ? Because of the volume coming from the south / southeast versus the volume coming from the east down the gorge for 28R ? Damn mountain getting in the way again. Of course when gorge winds are out of the east, that westbound traffic to 28R has to fly that downwind/base thing with some tight turns..accountants probably hate that one for sure..even with the tailwinds.
Derron
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

No, the RNP approach to 28L can be flown without moving the engines from flight ilde starting 35 nm from the runway at roughly 10,000. At that point you are flying almost due north towards PDX. As you pass Metzgar?? you make a slight right to 10 degrees before making the final left turn right around Gresham.

Both times as a pax flying into PDX we approached from the East and as such landed on 28R after a pretty decent amount of level flying under 8,000.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote: As you pass Metzgar?? you make a slight right to 10 degrees before making the final left turn right around Gresham.
Must be airway / intersection designation ? There is an residential area known as Metzger about 35 miles west of there, but not even an official name. Molalla/ Mulino is down that way though.
Derron
White Cock
Jake

Post by White Cock »

There is getting to be a Lot of mulattos around here.
This space for sale
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Burbank Tower..Cessna 25315 missed approach..going around...again.... Yep, the santa Ana's are a bitch.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Suggest avoiding SoCal at all costs, literally.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

^^^^^ yep, California and Alaska

In the late seventies I had a flight school out of Burbank. We got a 135 cert. and flew a FedEx route from LAX to Santa Barbara in a Twin Beech 18. Between the fog in S.B. and the Santa Ana winds in the Valley it could get very interesting indeed. Fun times.

Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

ChargerMike wrote:^^^^^ yep, California and Alaska

In the late seventies I had a flight school out of Burbank. We got a 135 cert. and flew a FedEx route from LAX to Santa Barbara in a Twin Beech 18. Between the fog in S.B. and the Santa Ana winds in the Valley it could get very interesting indeed. Fun times.
Plus those thread the needle approachs to San Diego, making about 15 turns, being able to reach out and touch those radio towers to the east of final, and the nice final over downtown.
Derron
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

first time in to S.D. as a private pilot that approach from the east looked like an olympic ski jump coming in over the hills.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Either of you ever been up on that parking garage there in SD? That was prolly pretty wild when BA was flying 747s in and out of there.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote:Either of you ever been up on that parking garage there in SD? That was prolly pretty wild when BA was flying 747s in and out of there.
Filled my rental sled up with $ 6 gas at the station right by it a few yeas back. Even a 737 looks fucking huge that close. Almost as good as St Barts.

I went in there on a Beech 1900 one time, poor gal flying the thing had about 5 different heading changes starting at San Clemente until turning 180 around those towers east of town. Sequencing is a bitch at that airport.
Derron
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

I still don't understand why they allow a 1900 to operate to such restricted fields at busy times. Screws up the whole operation. But in a 1900 there isn't much need to put it down on the numbers either. Hell just find your preferred taxiway and put it down a 1000 short of that.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Get a room.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.