There is a God.....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

There is a God.....

Post by WolverineSteve »

Al Borges......FIRED!

Bama OC (not invited to stay in Tuscaloosa) hired.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... al-borges/
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: There is a God.....

Post by Goober McTuber »

Unfortunately he won’t have the athletes he had at Alabama. Just a bunch of “Michigan Men”.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

That's what I heard, Sam. They had Lane in for some sort of consulting during bowl practices and he and Nick's eyes met across a crowded film room and a relationship was born, making Nussmeir available to seek other opportunities.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

I knew there was some cronyism here. From Mgoblue.com.....

Nussmeier's niece, Barbara Lanier, is a sophomore on the Michigan water polo team. Her mother is Doug's sister.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Carr Guy
Jake

Post by Carr Guy »

What an absolutely fantastic hire! I am so pumped for 2014 already.

The folks at my tailgate are very VERY close to the program, and from what I understand Nussmeier told Saban long ago that he would leave for his dream job, The University of Michigan, if it became available. Saban really wanted to keep him, but it was fruitless. But I think this works out for both parties. Nussmeier gets essentially what is a promotion, and Saban replaces him with another quality OC.

I know Alabama is better at football right now, but when I say "promotion" I mean everything that encompasses UofM. The city, the campus, the top flight university, the character and integrity of everybody associated with Michigan...it's a no-brainer. They say there are two kinds of football coaches. Those at Michigan, and the ones who want to be at Michigan. I hope this doesn't come off as arrogant, it's not intended to be. Just trying to help people understand what a truly special place this is, and why people want to be a part of something so special.

I look forward to our ascent back to the top of the Big 10 in 2014. Who can stop us?

Go Blue!!
Those who stay will be champions.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If Kiffin is such a crap coach, why the hell would UT fan be pissed he is no longer there? Shouldn't they be thankful he is at a conf rival. Shouldn't they welcome him back with open arms as long as he isn't wearing road working crew orange?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:Where I live...because they are union employees,
That is why crap costs so much there and a vast majority of the country wants no part of it.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Schmick, don't let free market economics get in the way of a good old fashioned misinformed anti-union rant.

Sin,

Tard Seater.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: Groceries from here at Stater Brothers are no more expensive than they are at Kroger there. We just have better paid, cleaner and nicer employees at the grocery stores here

What costs more here is the real estate and that is because this is a better place to live. If it wasnt the homes would cost less than they do in other places.
No the reason homes cost more there is because you have artificially raised the wages of lower level jobs. When you pay workers in low level positions $60K per year that raises the cost for everyone on everything. Your homes cost far more to build because you have to pay a union carpenter, union plumber, union electrician, union gopher etc.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Your grocery baggers are in a union. That is another reason your homes and everything costs more.

Why do you hate economics?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:Your grocery baggers are in a union. That is another reason your homes and everything costs more.
Pull your head out of your fucking ass, you are an embarrassment to officials across the country.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

So beachfront property is expensive because baggers make slightly more than minimum wage?

Sounds legit.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: Homes and property costs more because this is a more desirable place to live.... those prices are driven by the market, market is driven by the buyers interest, if it cost less to live where you live, it just means that its not as desired of a place, what is it you dont understand about that?

You are correct when you say those prices are market driven. That is all you are correct in though. When lower tier, uneducated workers are making more money, they have more money available to buy. That raises the price on homes on the lower end. This then raises home prices in the next level and so on.

When unskilled, uneducated labor makes $40 to $60K per year their buying power is increased and therefore their demand for goods increases. As such the wages must increase for everyone above the unskilled labor which increases their buying power which increases prices.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So beachfront property is expensive because baggers make slightly more than minimum wage?
Of course there are differences between micro and macro. In any given small area beachfront will usually cost more than the same property 10 blocks away.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Left Seater wrote:Your grocery baggers are in a union. That is another reason your homes and everything costs more.

Why do you hate economics?
Why do you hate 5 day,40 hr work weeks, overtime pay, vacation pay, paid sick days, health insurance, pensions, etc.?
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

They interfere with his superiority complex.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

WolverineSteve wrote: Why do you hate 5 day,40 hr work weeks, overtime pay, vacation pay, paid sick days, health insurance, pensions, etc.?
All great things for an hourly worker. But about the time I turned 15 or so I realized I wanted far more out of a job than being tied to a time clock.

Pensions for the most part need to go away. All government jobs need to see their pension plans replaced today. Other pension plans should be transitioned to some sort of retirement plan with regular employer contributions. Public guarantee of pensions should end within a decade.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote:All great things for an hourly worker. But about the time I turned 15 or so I realized I wanted far more out of a job than being tied to a time clock.
80 hour weeks, right? Enlightening.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Left Seater wrote:All great things for an hourly worker. But about the time I turned 15 or so I realized I wanted far more out of a job than being tied to a time clock.
80 hour weeks, right? Enlightening.
Hourly worker who doesn't take any work home says what?

Sure there are some weeks where it seems there aren't enough hours to get everything done. But then there are also weeks spent on the ski slopes, or a beach, or touring a different continent with the Mrs while not taking vacation, sick time, unpaid time, etc and still getting paid.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Lefty, I agree, however I disagree. As a teacher my annual wage is nothing to write home about. Now my retirement is my tradeoff. I'd love to get rid of unions and be allowed to go into my principal or district people and negotiate my own salary, bonuses etc.....like regular people. Granted if they tie stuff to job performance I'd also like to hand pick my students. My union protects me from a tyrannical idiotic boss who micro manages how people do just about everything.....I know, welcome to most regular people with regular jobs. However those people make about 2x-3x more than I do. I'd gladly trade my union benefits and retirement for the ability to increase my salary by a hell of a lot but you and I both know teachers unions are as corrupt as any other entity in our society.
My solution is to take those vested in something like teacher retirement with 10-15+ years and leave them alone. Figure out a way to pay them when they retire and everyone new to the teaching profession set up some sort of other retirement plan for them that doesn't drain the entire system.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Hourly pay is the only way to go. I want to be paid for every second my employer is expecting stuff from me.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

campinfool wrote:Hourly pay is the only way to go. I want to be paid for every second my employer is expecting stuff from me.
Lefty doesn't, nor care to, understand different classifications of labor. In his simpleton world, there is only punching clocks and working forever for one wage. Ponderous, I know.

You value your personal time? You are a loser, according to Tard Seater.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Fail!

Ask you son in college for some help explaining Econ 101 to you. Detroit failed for many reasons including unions and their unfunded pension and health care obligations. Giving people money for life when they retire in their 50s is certain disaster. So is high property taxes, high business taxes, municipal income taxes on top of state income taxes.

Detroit just has a 50 year head start on some Cali cities.