I have some questions about Bible passages...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

I have some questions about Bible passages...

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Anyone here want to field some questions about specific passages I need help with?

I'm not sure Jesus was the Messiah...I can't find definitive proof anywhere in Scripture...

Anyone? Seriously, anyone at all?

:?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: I have some questions about Bible passages...

Post by Mace »

You're probably out of luck in getting an answer, Marty. Poptart has apparently died and I've been waiting for him to rise from the dead, but it doesn't look too promising. Maybe he's in the NFL forum turning water into wine in preparation for the coming weekend of games.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Martyred wrote:Anyone here want to field some questions about specific passages I need help with?

I'm not sure Jesus was the Messiah...I can't find definitive proof anywhere in Scripture...
you won't find "definitive proof" anywhere....people running around calling themselves the messiah around the supposed time of jesus were fairly common......

so are you looking for a thumper or somebody that will be brutally honest?
if it's honesty you want, I'll give it a shot....
get out, get out while there's still time
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Felix wrote:
Martyred wrote:Anyone here want to field some questions about specific passages I need help with?

you won't find "definitive proof" anywhere....people running around calling themselves the messiah around the supposed time of jesus were fairly common......

so are you looking for a thumper or somebody that will be brutally honest?
if it's honesty you want, I'll give it a shot....

You truly cannot be this dense...

:meds:
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Martyred wrote:
:meds:
apparently tart has been sucked into some kind of black hole....he didn't get his three best bets picks in....this could be serious

so in his absence I'll put on my christian apologetic hat, grab my bible, and take your questions off the air....

this might have some potential....

lets try a sample

Q: If Jesus is God, then who did He pray to?

A: the Bible indicates that Jesus is in fact God in flesh, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.....and the word became flesh and dwelt among us," (John 1:1, 14)

for in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Col. 2:9). as can be seen, Jesus is completely human, but He also is divine

see the key to answering any biblical inquiries as to the divinity of Jesus is to simply pull some nonsensical passage from the bible, then mold it such a way that it appears to answer your question....and always capitalize any reference to God or Jesus which shows the proper amount of subjugation....

so until he (tart) returns from the pit of darkness, hit me with your questions and I'll do my best to fill in....
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:Sudden Sam waving hand frantically

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....What did Gene Chizik's wife mean when she posted that Satan had taken something away from Auburn?
I've given this a lot of consideration Sam, and I have to assume that when Jonna Chizik wrote
We have fans all over the US and I think it is time that they RISE UP and snatch back what satan, himself, has stolen.

she was referring to the assertion that satan has apparently stolen auburn's ability to score touchdowns and has also stolen auburn's ability to defensively stop even the most mediocre of offenses...

later, she clarified that she was not referring to wins and/or losses on a football field.
To be clear, I honestly believe that God doesn't care who wins a football game but I do know that we serve a GOD big enough to do as He pleases.
you probably didn't see the subtlety there, but I did....god doesn't care who wins or loses, but he can do whatever he wants....it's clear that god has left auburn football hanging out to dry, thereby opening the door for lucifer to decimate the program....what's even worse is that auburn has put themselves into the position that no matter how badly the team does, Gene Chizik is the big winner here...if auburn were to to fire Chizik at the end of the season, Gene and Jonna would receive 7.5 million according to his buyout clause, if the auburn honks wait another year, the buyout price would decline to 5 million....

it's obvious to anyone looking at it objectively that when Jonna referenced satan, she was in fact talking about her husband gene....hope this helps
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:Q: If Jesus is God, then who did He pray to?
a mirror?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

Okay. Just swung by and saw this topic. Ask me and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

Who did Jesus pray to? He prayed to God, the Father. Jesus is God, the Son. Each part of the trinity is distinct, yet one. For instance, only God, the Father, knows when the end will be. Not Jesus. Not the Holy Spirit. Only the Father. When Christ was on the cross and took on sin, the rest of the Trinity had to turn away as God, the Father, delivered his Wrath on the sin. The Trinity was separated, for the only time in history. That is why he asked why God had forsaken Him. Also, this is why Christ asked that the cup be taken from his lips in the Garden of Gesthemane.

What other passages do you have questions about? I'm not going to be around much, but perhaps I can be of help to you with this.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

battery chucka' one wrote:I'm not going to be around much, but perhaps I can be of help to you with this.
so, in the Kings James Version of the bible
2 Kings 2:23-24

Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

so calling somebody bald is apparently the equivalent of signing ones of death warrant.....so was elisha pissed because he was bald, or did he just feel the need to kill 42 kids that didn't know better? yeah, at first glance it seems a little excessive, but did those kids have it coming?
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Hi Sam. What's new with you?

Felix, in the verses you discussed, I glean the following.

First, Elijah had just ascended to heaven in a firey chariot. Immediately after this, God's spirit rested on Elisha. He was God's prophet. His main representative on the world. This was known by the people. The people of Bethel knew it.

In 1 Samuel 8:1, Samuel was a judge for Israel. He was God's representative. Through him, God ruled. This is how it was supposed to be for Israel. When he grew older, the people demanded a king. He first took offense to this. However, God told him in 8:7 that they had not rejected Samuel, but rather had rejected God with this demand. Hence, when God's representative was rejected, it was that God had been rejected.

Back forward to Elisha. In 2 Kings 2:23, the lads came out of the city and mocked Elisha. He wasn't in the city. They came out to him to target him for attack. Now first of all, these aren't children. They are probably early teenagers. Second, 42 lads were torn apart by the bears. That's a lot to have come out of the town. Imagine a gang. Or a mob. I can't imagine that they had good intentions with him. I would assume that this was a coordinated effort to intimidate or perhaps kill Elisha. Were they put up to it by their parents or others or did they act independently (as independent as a group of 40+ kids could be, that is)? I don't know and won't go into speculation here. They said 'go up, you baldhead, go up, you baldhead'. Several things to think about: 1. they mocked him as to 'do what his predecessor had done' and go up to heaven. Threat of death? Can't say. But the tie was there to Elijah, who was no longer in the area. 2. Do you really think that baldhead is all they called him? In the grand scheme of things, it's not important what they called him. Just that they were insulting to God's prophet. There were probably a slew of insults tossed his way. Further, it wasn't Elisha that killed them. He didn't summon bears. He didn't call down fire from Heaven upon them. He cursed them in the name of the Lord. God sent the judgement on them. The bears were His doing. He had his reasons for doing this to them. He knew their hearts. He knew their futures. He knew what He was doing.

Finally, this happened post-kingdom split. Bethel was northern kingdom. Jeroboam was the king, I believe. He was vile. Under him, Bethel was a center of his Golden Calf cult activities in his land. I think it's safe to say that it wasn't a place that a prophet of the Lord would be accepted warmly.

-----

Hope that helps answer your questions about the Biblical passage. I can't guarantee that I'm 100% correct, but then I don't claim to be a prophet, either. :grin:
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Anybody else have any passages they have questions about?
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

battery chucka' one wrote:The bears were his doing.

Huh, so God sent his wrath from Canada. Who knew?

Martyred, did you know about this?
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Ha ha ha. :grin:
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

battery chucka' one wrote:Anybody else have any passages they have questions about?
yeah
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
so a woman trying to help her husband inadvertently grabs some dudes junk and gets her hand lopped off for it? seems a tad excessive don't you think?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Jay in Phoenix wrote:
Martyred, did you know about this?
I was sworn to secrecy.

:|
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote: Fair's fair. Praise the lord!
that is stone fucking cold sammy
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Felix wrote:
battery chucka' one wrote:Anybody else have any passages they have questions about?
yeah
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
so a woman trying to help her husband inadvertently grabs some dudes junk and gets her hand lopped off for it? seems a tad excessive don't you think?
Okay, one thing to keep in mind is that a lot of old testament laws applied to the state of Israel only. That doesnt' mean that they have no bearing on the world today, but just that many were extinguished when Christ came and died on the cross for our sins.

A classic case in point is the dietary restrictions that Christ did away with when He said that it's not what goes into a man's mouth that matters, but rather what comes out of his mouth.

Another case is ceremonial laws from the Old Testament. All of a sudden, these are obsolete because there is no temple. Also, since Christ is the temple and has become that one sacrifice for all, it's no longer important to adhere to them.

That said, in the situation where two men are fighting and the woman comes to rescue him and grabs a man's private parts, first of all, why is he fighting against his countryman? This flies in the face of what Christ said about turning the other cheek. Hence, this would be a sin in that instance (although they might not have known that). His wife coming in and grabbing the man's private parts would be her being compliant in his sin. She's joining in his not 'turning the other cheek'.

I'm not positive, but I would assume that her touching another's privates would constitute some sort of defilement (with regards to the hand). Also, it might qualify as adultry in the letter of the law. In the OT, this would have been punishable by death, not just the cutting off of a hand. Also, she, in this verse, didn't inadvertently grab his parts. She was quite intentional about it. Probably her intent is to literally maim him.

Also, this culture was a patriarchal society. Perhaps she had no business being involved in this dispute, as a woman.

Remember that many sundry laws make little to no sense now because they're not for us. They're for Israel. They are from God and do make sense but it all has to be viewed throught the filter of how we are looking at them. This was found in the Pentatuch. Very much Jewish law.
---------------------

Just my two cents. Hope my response wasn't too confusing. Please remember that I'm no prophet and also, if you have a burglar, and you quarrel with him, don't forget to tell your wife about this law before she helps you. :)

Any more questions?
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

battery chucka' one wrote:I would assume that her touching another's privates would constitute some sort of defilement (with regards to the hand).
Woudeth thou then sayeth, that a mans "bird" in her one hand, even thus defiled, beith worth two in her bush?

Unless of course you have epilepsy.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

He said that it's not what goes into a man's mouth that matters, but rather what comes out of his mouth.
So sucking a cock is OK if you swallow? JSC wants to know.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Anybody else have any questions? Ask away and I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities, His will be done. :grin:
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Question: Why are Christians so narrow? Why must it be only Jesus Christ?

There are good people scattered around the globe.
They have found methods of spirituality which they feel are bringing them into a connection with god.
Why would Christians be of a mind that these people are not genuine -- and that they are instead damned?
And anyway, many of such people have never even heard of Jesus Christ.

Many (most?) Christians think people like this will go to hell forever.

What's up with that?

:?:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
Many (most?) Christians think people like this will go to hell forever.

What's up with that?

:?:
good question.....is the hell that good people, but non-believers different from the hell where believers who are assholes go?
battery chucka' one
Elwood

In answering your question, Poptart, I will say that we need to look at the words of Christ, Himself.

In John 14:6, He says: I am the way and the truth and the life, nobody gets to the father, but through Me.

This is a very exclusive verse. It says what it says. He is the only true God. He is the only one who can give one access to Heaven.

Now, let's look at another verse.

In Matthew 7:1, He says: Judge not, lest ye be judged.

This doesn't mean socially, but rather in final destination. It's up to God to decide who is saved. Of course, those who accept Christ are saved. However, on the flipside, those who don't accept Christ don't have this guarantee. But, it's most certainly not up to us to determine who goes to hell and who doesn't. That's the Lord's domain. Not something we should really be worried about, either.

In verses where it states who won't inherit the Kingdom of Heaven, it isn't a condemnation, but rather a pointing out that they are sinners, do deserve Hell, and therefore need a Savior. That Savior is Christ.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Hi Chucka'.
Good to see you.

John 14:6 (and others) tells us that Jesus Christ is the only way for man to meet God, definitely true.

When we look at Genesis 3 (man's fall and separation from God), we see that God first cursed the serpent ---> and then He immediately promised how He would answer this situation.

Genesis 3:15 (God speaking to satan)
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed
and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

God said he would send the seed of the... woman.

Women don't have seed.
Men have seed.
Everyone knows that.
And even through the Bible we see seed being talked about as something from the man.
Of course.

But here, in this most critical moment, and as an answer to the monumental FUBAR which has just occurred, God promised He would send the seed of the woman.

Man's seed is infected.
There is, never will be, and never can be any answer for us which comes from the seed of any man.
There is no way man can meet God in the condition of being from the seed of a man.

The people who imagine that they are meeting God through Hinduism, new age, Buddhism, or whatever, are doing so from the seed of a man.
It is failure.

It must be the seed of the woman -- the Christ, who is not an offspring of Adam.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:God said he would send the seed of the... woman.

Women don't have seed.
Maybe not in your world.

Sincerely,

Screwball
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Goober McTuber wrote:
poptart wrote:God said he would send the seed of the... woman.

Women don't have seed.
Maybe not in your world.

Sincerely,

Screwball

:bode:
Why don’t you just STFU.