talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Gruden to Chargers...

Post by ChargerMike »

...says Daniel Jeremiah, can you say "let it be"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... m-openings
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Re: Gruden to Chargers...

Post by Biggie »

Excellent article and timely thread.

Wish Andy Reid all the best in Arizona, and hope Ferentz has success in KC, although I understand that's conditioned upon Pioli staying with the Chiefs.
Nature, like a woman, will seduce you with its sights and its scents and its touch, and then it breaks your ankle.
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

So far it's Tom Telesco to the Chargers as GM today.
Arians to follow from Indy?
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Wrong Jimmy Raye, idiot. His father was the coach. JR3 is director player personnel for the Chargers and was briefly considered for GM not head coach.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:Is the term "Apple doesn't fall far from the tree" applicable?
It's hard to say. I don't know which decisions were his and which were Smith's. All I know is his resume with the team.

96-99 - College scout
00-07 - Director, College scouting
08-present - DPP

I'm inclined to believe the apple fell a little bit further from the tree. He's had a key role in putting together some of the most talented teams in franchise history. I also don't believe that the current roster is as bad as its record would indicate. The defense is pretty solid and the offensive line has been gutted by injury for the last two years running. On the other hand, Spanos did go outside the organization to get a GM.

I think he's probably a pretty decent personnel guy. Telesco has said he would like to retain him and he's getting looks at GM from some other teams. He'll probably get a GM gig sometime in the next few years if not this year. I really don't think it will take much to get the team turned around which would increase his stock.

The AFC West could be verrrry interesting next season and then all will be right in the world in the NFL forum here.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sudden Sam wrote:McCoy looks like a great hire in SD. He'll salvage Rivers' career.
There is nothing wrong with Rivers that a rebuilt offensive line won't fix. The line has been gutted with injuries the last two years in a row.

I'm guessing this means Tebow is coming to San Diego.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Sudden Sam wrote:True. And he lost Vincent Jackson.
Vincent Jackson is irrelevant. San Diego finished 7-9 without him and Tampa Bay finished 7-9 with him. He is not, never has been and never will be a difference maker. He's a good player but hardly irreplaceable.

San Diego's offensive priorities should be left tackle, center and left guard. Defensively, they need major help in the secondary. I'd think about moving Jammer to SS and getting younger and faster at CB. Strong safety has been a gaping hole ever since Rodney Harrison was let go.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

^^^ Good take, and with the hiring of Whizenhunt, the Chargers are "hopefully" back heading in the right direction.

Not so sure about Andy Reid though, a passing coach who is always going to throw it 100 times a game, on a team built for running the football. Jamal Charles will be a stud in one game, & forgotten the next......

The Eagles hire I find interesting, mainly because its likely by the middle of next season impatient Philly fan will be calling for his head. :bode:
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

AZ had QBs after Warner?
Butkus didn't wear an earring.