Mitt donated 10% to his church

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Mitt donated 10% to his church

Post by Van »

Simple. God, if He exists, is a supernatural entity far removed from our physical world. By definition, we cannot communicate with him. At best, we can anthropomorphize Him into something we're more comfortable discussing.

A much more logical question would be how can you, poptart from T1B, deign to know what happens in the spiritual world when Joe Blow from Topeka prays? See, you actually claim to know that "remarkable things happen in the spiritual world" when someone prays.

That's a special kind of arrogance even for you.

And I notice you just plain skipped the point of three billion Asians going to hell simply for maintaining their own faiths.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You didn't ask a question.
I can't answer to every statement and opinion people give, and there is no reason to.
People can give whatever kind of takes they want.

I could respond to that take.
It's no problem, but you know, you've asked me that question before.
I doubt that you would be any more be pleased with the answer you got this time around.

It's one of Felix' favorites, too, as he's also asked me about it more than once.

Van wrote:God, if He exists, is a supernatural entity far removed from our physical world. By definition, we cannot communicate with him.
By definition?

No, that is merely a definition coming out of Van's mind.

He may be removed from you, but you have no basis for declaring unequivocally that He is removed from all humanity.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yes, I do. We're humans. He exists outside of the human realm. He has no physical form. You can't fucking tell whether He's hearing you, and you can't fucking tell whether He's answering you.

Furthermore, I also have the absolute ability to state without fear of contradiction that you, pop, haven't the foggiest as to what goes on in the supernatural world whenever someone prays. Memorizing Bible passages in no way allows you to see into the realm of the spiritual plane.

Sorry, superstar, it just doesnt. You know the same as anyone else on that score: zilch. Quit declaring otherwise.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

It sure is interesting that somebody who doesn't believe in God knows so much about how He absolutely operates - and knows so much about the experiences that people absolutely have not have with him.

Van, one hardly needs to be a Christian to know that there is a spiritual world beyond what what our human senses allow us to experience.
This world has been experienced by MANY people, MANY times over.

In Korea, for example, there is shamanism, and genuine shamans (those with ability to tap into the spiritual world and learn things... particularly about the future) are very much in demand.

It is a well-known reality that they are able to go into a realm that we can not tap into with our normal human senses.

This activity goes back thousands of years and it is deeply-woven into the culture.

It is a REALITY that some dimension beyond our eyes exists, and shamans would read your takes and LAFF quite hard at them.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

poptart wrote:In Korea, for example, there is shamanism, and genuine shamans (those with ability to tap into the spiritual world and learn things... particularly about the future) are very much in demand.

It is a well-known reality that they are able to go into a realm that we can not tap into with our normal human senses.

This activity goes back thousands of years and it is deeply-woven into the culture.

It is a REALITY that some dimension beyond our eyes exists, and shamans would read your takes and LAFF quite hard at them.
You should get a couple of them to log on here. That would really be a hoot. They should be able to clean up in the Death Pool and the CFB Pickem.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Goober McTuber wrote:
poptart wrote:In Korea, for example, there is shamanism, and genuine shamans (those with ability to tap into the spiritual world and learn things... particularly about the future) are very much in demand.
You should get a couple of them to log on here. That would really be a hoot. They should be able to clean up in the Death Pool.
How do you know we they already don't?

/s/

BShaman
"I see everything twice!"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

poptart wrote:Van, one hardly needs to be a Christian to know that there is a spiritual world beyond what what our human senses allow us to experience.

In Korea, for example, there is shamanism, and genuine shamans (those with ability to tap into the spiritual world and learn things... particularly about the future) are very much in demand.

Okay, poptart may in fact be an actual lunatic.

DC Smackmaster
Elwood

Post by DC Smackmaster »

Pop said:
My motivation is only to see good being advanced.
I believe this. Go forth and be Racked.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van wrote:
poptart wrote:Van, one hardly needs to be a Christian to know that there is a spiritual world beyond what what our human senses allow us to experience.

Okay, poptart may in fact be an actual lunatic.
You just have no experience with the spiritual world, Van.

The genuine shamans absolutely do - and I absolutely do.

You can deny that we do all you want, but it will never change the reality that we know of.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The "spiritual world" is between your ears, dumbass.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

You just have no experience with the spiritual world, Van.
True, and neither do you.
The genuine shamans absolutely do
Now you're just being an imbecile. Stick to memorizing Bible verses.

Oh, and those shamans and their culture that goes back thousands of years, as you say? Well, since they're not adherents of Christ, guess who they're connecting with from the Other Side...according to you.

Hint: It ain't God.

~Cue Dana Carvey~
- and I absolutely do.
No, you absolutely don't. You're just that arrogant that now you're selling yourself as a...bwaaaa...shaman!

"poptart, the Raider Fan Shaman! Come, bear witness as He Who Now Sees With Eyes Wide Open exchanges telepathic tweets with the ghosts of Al Davis and Pete Rozelle! Behold, as he dazzles one and all with divine predictions from the Great Beyond of another 5-11 season for the lowly Silver and Black!"
You can deny that we do all you want, but it will never change the reality that we know of
You can't spell 'shaman' without 'sham,' you fucking fruitloop. I suppose you also put great stock in the demented words of those sweatbox Apaches who down mescaline and Jack before supposedly communing with the spirit of the Great White Buffalo.

Jesus, I had no idea I was dealing with this much of a busted wingnut. What's next? A fanciful tale of the local fishwife who can spend spoons with her mind?

Look, dude. You're in South Korea. It's not her mind that's she's using to bend those spoons, it's her rancid breath.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote: Every time he tells someone they haven't asked the right way, and every time you say someone hasn't tried hard enough, you're both casting blame.
Go ahead and link me up to these posts where either 'tart or I have done as you claim. Shouldn't take long, if it's as prevalent as you seem to think.
I've given you over 24 hours to prove your point, you've failed, miserably.

Which isn't surprising. Is anyone surprised? I'm not surprised.

You know what this thread needs now? This thread needs some Norman Greenbaum.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

now you're selling yourself as a...bwaaaa...shaman!
Oh no, that's what you just did.

I am definitely not a shaman.

The knowledge some people have that there is a spiritual world is something that goes back thousands of years.

It's just something that you happen to be ignorant of.

Ask fellow Bible non-believer Jsc if he knows about the spiritual world.

He's experienced it.

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

- Jesus Christ
Last edited by poptart on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Van wrote: communing with the spirit of the Great White Buffalo.
Be glad to weight in on this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZwS0ZonEU
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

derron, let me help you out here.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:I experienced something, but am not going to necessarily describe it as "a spiritual world," I'm not exactly sure what it was. It was when I almost died,
What you experienced was your brain shutting down.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

If that's all it takes, no wonder pop claims to be so well acquainted with the spiritual world.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: What you experienced was your brain shutting down.
eggzactly.....
misfiring neurons tend to really fuck a person up....
get out, get out while there's still time
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Felix wrote: misfiring neurons tend to really fuck a person up....

Too easy...
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

I love it when I'm cross examining a doctor who says my client is mentally ill and one of the ways they know is because the client has religious delusions. I then ask if a person that believes in burning bushes and water to wine is also crazy. They hem and haw about the difference between religious conviction and religious delusions, but every single time at least one religious tard on the jury votes to let them go. Every single time.