Suspended without pay

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Suspended without pay

Post by Dan Vogel »

I am. For three days. There was an incident at work on Tuesday afternoon and I was sent home and was told I must miss Wednesday Thursday and Friday without pay. I'm still furious about it. My boss said I can then come in on Monday morning for a meeting at which time he will make a determination if I can continue on at my position. He's already informed me at the time I was sent home on Tuesday that I would be required to attend a 6 week anger management class once a week on Saturdays in order to keep my job. It's $35 a session and that comes out of my pocket supposedly. That's $210 which I can't really afford. Not only that but I can't afford to miss three days of pay right now. He said this information is in my employment agreement which I signed. I don't know. I have to dig my papers out of the closet and see if I can find it. I didn't pay any attention to it when I took the job.

Two jackasses at work have always been doing little things to try to get under my skin. We've had a few small incidents. But things got more crazy on Tuesday. They always slack off on their work. Then they try to manipulate it so that I have to pick up the slack for them and do what they are supposed to do. But then if it isn't done right they try to pass it off to the boss as my fault. Somehow the boss likes them more or believes them and he takes their side. We started down this path on Tuesday and I protested. Then one of the co workers made an out of bounds comment "What's wrong Dan? Haven't you ever seen Deliverance?" So I went off on both of them. Yeah I yelled and cursed a little bit I admit. The boss came in and as usual I was put in the wrong and double teamed. It was bad though because there were some clients in the next area I heard. Anyway my boss was very unhappy and said I have an anger issue. It's a lie. Now I'm not sure what to do or what will happen. There might be a few outcomes. If there are any people with legal experience you can offer it up.

1) I can get an attorney and file a sexual harassment suit. That comment was on that trend. It was completely unprofessional and a verbal attend bordering on the sexual.

2) I can refuse to take the anger management class. But my boss said it is required or I will be terminated with cause. He said it is in the contract. If I'm fired I can collect unemployment right? I admit I don't know what the with cause part has meaning toward.

3). I can just go in with a humble attitude on Monday. Sign to take the class and maybe keep my job. What can I tell my children about having to go to a class on Saturdays? Just make up a white lie I guess. I already made up a white lie to them about missing work until Monday by saying the company is doing an internal project. Yeah my wife is already putting me in the dog house about this whole thing. I thought she'd take my side but maybe the stress is hard so she's not pleased this happened to me.

Right now I've not slept much for two days and don't think clearly yet about what I need to do to handle this. I'm heading out to get some coffee. Then maybe I'll dig in the closet and see if I can find my employment contract. This whole thing is garbage.

Have a nice day yeah!
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Suspended without pay

Post by Wolfman »

Are you a Secret Service agent or work for the GSA?
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

You forgot something Dan.

4.) Deep throat a .45
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I think if life has handed Dan some lemons, he should reach for a bottle of tequila and a shaker of salt.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

RossTheBoss
Crack Whore

Post by RossTheBoss »

white people problems.

pfffffffffffffft
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mrs. Vogel wrote:I was put in the wrong and double teamed.
Yep.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Dan Vogel wrote:I was put in the wrong and double teamed.
I'm guessing you don't want to be right.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

88 wrote:
Dogs are a fairly good detector of normal. I suspect that dogs growl at you or generally hide when you come around. Even man's best friend wants nothing to do with you.
I will rack that. My normally friendly dog nipped at the mother in law when she was here for Christmas. Had to take him to work with me for 10 days, so he would not bite her ass. She could not figure out why. Dogs are not dumb.

Love the way this troll gets you guys going.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Mr. McTuber: I'm not on facebook so nice try. Neither is any of my family so you can erase that bad idea before it starts.

Jsc810: I'm already starting to think forward. The problem is that opportunities in my field are limited in my location. I can't even begin to imagine pulling the whole family up and selling the house to move to a new city and start over. Painful. So keeping my job is the best thing. But I don't know what will happen on Monday. I won't quit but it's possible that my boss will just decide to fire me. At least I can collect unemployment. None of this is my fault.

88: I don't know how you can write all of that. You don't know me. I'd like to see how likable you would be if you had to work in the same office as these two goons every day. Those people are not likable. You have that backwards sorry. Not only that but you can see that I am a man who is down and hurting. So you want to come by and kick me? In my case I make it my goal to try to elevate other human beings. This is all a nightmare.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Dan Vogel wrote:Two jackasses at work have always been doing little things to try to get under my skin. We've had a few small incidents.

Jackasses Dan?... Really... jackasses?...you're guilty!..you shall reap what you have sown.
Your guard has been dropped, you are not to judge, yet you have...from now on, I'll look at you as just another misguided sinner... a.k.a loser....the .45 comment from BSmack seems timeline given the circumstance. Get on that asap. Your kids will be better off with the death insurance premium rather than any future advice you might offer. Make it look like an accident, (you know, the ol' cleaning the gun routine) or the policy will likely be void.

Have a nice day.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Cornhusker wrote:....the .45 comment from BSmack seems timeline given the circumstance. Get on that asap. Your kids will be better off with the death insurance premium rather than any future advice you might offer. Make it look like an accident, (you know, the ol' cleaning the gun routine) or the policy will likely be void.

The suicide provision in a life insurance policy generally is in effect just for the first two years. Keep that in mind, Dan.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: The suicide provision in a life insurance policy generally is in effect just for the first two years. Keep that in mind, Dan.
That's true. So go for it, Danny boy (and your handler.)

I still don't like putting the period inside the parentheses.
Oh-oh.

:dins:

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:That's true. So go for it, Danny boy (and your handler.)

I still don't like putting the period inside the parentheses.
Oh-oh.

:dins:
Been thru it a while back.

Apparently my way...closing the sentence outside the parentheses...is acceptable in the UK. The correct way here is as I did it above. I've adapted to it, but I don't like it. I like neither the look nor the thinking behind it.
Uh, no. The period only goes inside the parentheses if what’s inside the parentheses is a complete sentence. At least, that’s the way I was taught. Of course, the way I was taught doesn’t always satisfy Dindale’s tender sensibilities.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:Guess we'll just have to wait 'til he wakes up.
The gimp's sleeping.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Cornhusker if you want people to die you yourself better look into some anger management. That's a problem.

My boss called today to verify our meeting Monday morning at 8:30. Our conversation gave me a very bad vibe. We talked for about ten minutes and he was short with his answers and seemed like he just wanted to get off the phone with me. He informed me that it is company policy that when a worker is given a suspension it must be reported to the main office. Because our company is a national company. So a memo was sent to upper managment about the case. And he said that a member of upper management will be at our meeting Monday morning. My boss said he was unhappy because an incident happening in the office which he is leading could reflect bad upon him in the eyes of upper management. It sounded selfish to me. He told me that there were other previous anger situations with me in the office. But that is a lie. I have been angry at those workers before but it never got like it did this week. I bit my tongue though because it's not going to help me to call my boss a liar.

I asked him directly if I will go on about my job on Monday after the meeting and he said he couldn't answer that. He said it depended on what happened at the meeting and that the decision was one that would be made by both he and the upper management representative. Then I asked him what he would do if it were entirely up to him. And he said he was on the fence about it. Unbelievable. I admit that when I think about this I still feel furious toward those two workers. They deserve punishment in my opinion. But it seems I am the only one getting fallout. I'm going to go fishing with my son tomorrow and try to get this out of my mind. It's eating me up.

Have a nice weekend!
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Scratch a "sensitive, liberal metro" and discover a seething, violent and hate filled human dingleberry stubbornly clinging to the asshairs of society to the detriment of all.

Your wife called me the other night and was very upset and your children are humiliated. It's time for a .45 ACP mouthwash, Dan. It's not that I or anyone else want you to die. It would just be the best thing for all involved. Make sure you stock the fridge with beer before you tap the trigger, though. The old lady is going to need an awful lot of consoling if you know what I mean....well, you probably don't.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Uh, no. The period only goes inside the parentheses if what’s inside the parentheses is a complete sentence. At least, that’s the way I was taught. Of course, the way I was taught doesn’t always satisfy Dindale’s tender sensibilities.

Sure it does -- when you're right, such as in this instance.

Not sure where SS got that cock'n'bull, but it sure wasn't from me.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Sudden Sam wrote: Been thru it a while back.

Apparently my way...closing the sentence outside the parentheses...is acceptable in the UK. The correct way here is as I did it above. I've adapted to it, but I don't like it. I like neither the look nor the thinking behind it.
It's natural that you shouldn't like it, it flies in the face of reason. English is a whore of a language and trying to impose Latin style rules onto it borders on autistic behaviour.

It's acceptable anywhere in the Commonwealth. If you consider the American Revolution a terrorist uprising you should be free to close your sentence outside the parentheses.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dr_Phibes wrote:If you consider the American Revolution a terrorist uprising...

I do.

NEVER FORGET

:cry:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

P.S. RACK the troops

Why don’t you just STFU.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Where were you when the world stopped turning on that September day?
Were you teaching a class full of innocent children
Or driving down some cold interstate?
Did you feel guilty 'cause you're a survivor
In a crowded room did you feel alone?
Did you call up your mother and tell her you loved her?
Did you dust off that Bible at home?

"NEVER FORGET, SAM". <------------

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

If you don't stand behind the King's Hussars, feel free to stand in front of them.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Dan Vogel wrote:Cornhusker if you want people to die you yourself better look into some anger management. That's a problem.
I really don't want you to end your life Danny Boy, it's just that when you refer to someone as a jackass...well..it's just so un-Vogelish.

Caught me off guard. (A superficial flesh wound would suffice I suppose)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dr_Phibes wrote:If you consider the American Revolution a terrorist uprising...
I wouldn't. It was a stand up fight. Certainly an insurrection, but it was conducted in accordance with civilized rules of warfare. Sorry we didn't line up in neat little rows for you to blast, but noncombatants were treated with relative respect.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

At this intersection of your life Willy Loman would be a great role-model for you.
Go Bucs, Gators
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

It's been a blur the last few days. Good news and bad news. Good is that I still have a job. Bad is more. Bad is that in my compromise to remain employed I was demoted and must attend anger management for 6 Saturdays. Also bad is that my two antagonists kept their positions and received no punishment to my knowledge. I wanted to revenge them. My boss and upper management said I would have to move out of my area and away from those two men. That meant that I was demoted to the same position I had 4 years ago before I was promoted. I have to take a pay cut. The whole episode is very humiliating. And the thing that makes me the most mad is having to attend anger management.

My boss said that there had been previous concerns about my temper problem. Who said? I never heard anything and this episode was the first incident to my thinking. Whatever. I will carry it on and go about my life. I'm not sure what I'm going to tell my children about where I am going on Saturdays but I will think of something. Or I could say the truth. This is a little bit like all of life. Some good and bad mixed. I'll count the blessings I have. Health. A job. A home and family that loves me. Thanks for the good thoughts those that care. I appreciate that support.

I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Dan Vogel wrote:I'm not sure what I'm going to tell my children about where I am going on Saturdays but I will think of something.
Tell 'em the truth - that you're attending management classes for work that will help your chances of getting promoted. No need to tell them they have anything to with anger, or that the promotion would be back to the level from which you got demoted. You can avoid lying by telling the truth and nothing but the truth. You just don't have to tell the whole truth.
"I see everything twice!"
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Dan Vogel wrote:Who said?
Why? What are you going to do to them you rage-addled maniac?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote: Sorry we didn't line up in neat little rows for you to blast, but noncombatants were treated with relative respect.
We? The discussion is about the American Revolution not the Mexican War of Independence.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dan Vogel wrote:
My boss called today to verify our meeting Monday morning at 8:30. Our conversation gave me a very bad vibe. We talked for about ten minutes and he was short with his answers and seemed like he just wanted to get off the phone with me.

no doubt about it Dan, you're getting shitcanned
sorry I had to be the one to tell you, but that's how things go sometimes

if it were me, when your boss gives you the heave ho I'd wait outside for the two asswipes that caused the problems for you

i prefer the DeMarini because you can generate some serious bat speed...good luck
get out, get out while there's still time
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I know I'm way late to the party, but this...
88 wrote:Dan,

I didn't want to be the person to tell you this. But circumstances being what they are and me having some free time at the moment, I guess I'll take the podium.

There is a thing called a Gausian function that when graphed produces a bell-shaped curve. Studies show that in any population of anything, the majority fall within a fairly narrow distribution of the middle or average, which we will call normal. But there are a few who fall outside of that zone, which we will call abnormal. Bell curves are associated with height, weight, intelligence, income, sex appeal, etc.

There is also a Bell curve for likability. Most people are in the middle. They are likable enough. There are a very few on one end of the curve that we will call charismatic. Everyone likes them. They are just fun to be around. And then there are people like you, which are well to the opposite of that spectrum. You are universally disliked. In your entire life, I suspect, you have found the shit end of the stick in terms of your interactions with other human beings. You are abnornally dislikable.

Society used to put people like you under bridges or made them lighthouse keepers. Most present-day people like you are employed by the DMV.

Dogs are a fairly good detector of normal. I suspect that dogs growl at you or generally hide when you come around. Even man's best friend wants nothing to do with you.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for your situation. In other words, there is absolutely nothing you can do to make people like you. If you started handing out $100 bills to everyone you met, I guarantee that 99% of them would tell the next person they saw that they got $100 from the biggest asshole they've ever met. It isn't your fault. You were born boorish, petty, irritating and pathetic. It is who you are. It is hard-coded in your DNA. You are what you are.

Fortunately, there is a solution. Aside from the obvious (croaking yourself, which I am sure you would fuck up even if you tried), you should get yourself a pair of hiking boots and start hiking north. For some reason, the Bell curve in Canada in terms of likability is such that your type is much closer to the middle there. But if you piss off the majority of people there simply with your presence as you do here, you can simply keep hiking north until you find a secluded spot in the wilderness to build yourself a yurt. With your love of nature, you could sit all day passing the time making annoying observations about completely unremarkable occurrences. But you would not bother anyone. Maybe you could write all the ridiculous and thoroughly boring stuff you come up with in a notebook and then re-read it to yourself months later to confirm that you are still a detestable soul. Eventually, you would be eaten by a polar bear or a badger and this horror would end. But the rest of us would be spared from having to deal with you.

Fuck the anger management class, Dan. You do not need anger management. You need likability reprogramming. And that does not exist.
...did not receive nearly the accolades it so richly deserves.

So...

Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Smackie Chan wrote:Tell 'em the truth - that you're attending management classes for work that will help your chances of getting promoted. No need to tell them they have anything to with anger, or that the promotion would be back to the level from which you got demoted. You can avoid lying by telling the truth and nothing but the truth. You just don't have to tell the whole truth.
Thank you Smackie Chan and this is a nice suggestion. It is a little more complicated than this though. I took my daughter to take your daughter to work day in 2011. You would have to know her but she is the kind of girl who is very nosy and motivated. So when she was at my work place she learned more about my job situation than I even know. Question after question for not only me but other workers in the building. She knows exactly where I am supposed to be promoted to. She knows everything. Then I was supposed to take her again this year. And the funny thing is that it was on April 26th right in the middle of the big incident. So I had to make an excuse why she couldn't go this time. I said we were doing a remodeling project in the building. How could I have her know that I had been demoted? And she would have found out about the incident for sure. I don't even think I'll ever be able to take her back for that day again. I start the anger management class this Saturday. I have already told my kids that I have to attend a development class for work. But I didn't say anything about a promotion. So far I'm settled back in at my new old position. And thankfully I don't have to see those two individuals who were responsible for causing the blowup. The pay cut is bad but it could be worse.

Jsc810 yes I am following your advice anyway and am quietly going about getting ready to send my resume around just to see what might happen.

I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Just stay away from the cashiers now and make sure the fries are always hot and ready and you'll be back at the burger station in no time.
What were we just talking about?