New-Look Mizzou

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Truman
Eternal Scobode

New-Look Mizzou

Post by Truman »

Eugene comes to the South.

Deal with it, you grit-eating, ball-suckin’ homers. You asshats invited us in, after all. For if anything - to raise the IQ of SEC post-game interviews. Hell, y’all are already pissed that we’re here. Just as well seal the deal…

Roadies. White and gold pants optional. Not diggin’ the graphite gray. Friggin’ Nike.

Alternative hat. The “traditional” black helmet sports the Mizzou Tiger oval logo…

Lose the gold jersey. Why? Because we LOSE wearing the gold jersey…

Now THERE’S the Home look…

No. I’ve yet to see KU win anything in their alternative red. We tried the gold against the Chickens at Arrowhead in 2008. Result sucked. Same principal applies. Gimmee the Rose Bowl Duck hat with a Tiger motif, and we’re talkin’.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: New-Look Mizzou

Post by Van »

Two points here...

1. Arena Football League unis, head to toe. Especially that helmet.

2. One would think that a program hoping to bring academic improvement to the SEC would at least know that the letter 'z' appears nowhere in the word 'Missouri.'

:)
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

You're lost.

a) Glad it pisses you off.

ii) "Mizzou" has been our nickname since 1905. Wiki is your friend.

One would think that a fan of a California private institution of so-called higher learning just might draw such a conclusion to this fact all on his lonesome. Kill yourself.

( :mrgreen: )
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Oh, I know it's been your nic forever. Still, misspelling something for a long time doesn't make it any less wrong.

It's actually sorta charming, kinda like when three-year-old Lil' Johnny first begins puzzling letters together to form the word 'goo.'

:waz:

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

I suppose IF the nickname was purposefully misspelled, you'd have a point.

It wasn't. You're either bored or stupid to press the point.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The former.

Anyway, it damn sure better be purposefully misspelled. That'd be the only reason for it to be halfway excusable. If it was unintentionally misspelled, wooo, that'd just be perfect SEC stuff.

Anyway, you can't tell me that you're anything but pissed to see them cave in to Nike with this Arena League unis crap.

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Van wrote:Anyway, you can't tell me that you're anything but pissed to see them cave in to Nike with this Arena League unis crap.
The change has been in the works for months. MIZZOU is the brand, and they've acquitted themselves nicely.

Actually, I was hoping the gold in the color scheme might just be a bit more acerbic to further assault your brain-dead PAC sensibilities. But thanks for playing. Hafta admit, I've got a better appreciation for how Dins rolls these days...

BTW, if you really wanna know what pisses me off, it's that funeral-dirge the Tuskers play after EVERY fucking defensive stop. Enough to make you want to pierce your eardurms with an icepick. You'd think Xerxes had just been sent packing. And it sounds like something the Romans mighta played when they rolled their ramp up to the gates of Masada. Simply brutal.
Last edited by Truman on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That's what makes it so damn cool, the fact that it does sound like a Roman march. Exactly.

What you hate about it the most, though, is what you just described: They play it after every good defensive effort, a notion that's completely alien to any longtime follower of Missouri football.

:mrgreen:

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bullshit.

The Tuskers would play it if you successfully washed your car.

Devil's title song looped for eternity in Hell.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

I like this helmet and uniform... very cool.

Truman wrote:Image

Of course, at the same time... I'd like Cal to go back to the "Old school" helmets

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

While Nike usually butchers unis...I actually like these.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Entering SEC play, I guess they had to come up with something to distract Tiger fans from what is going to be happening on the scoreboard this year.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I'd like this one...

...if the jersey was all white. That would be pretty sharp. I will say, I like 'Mizzou' on the jersey, and good move switching to the tiger on the helmet over the block M. That new-fangled tiger is ghey though. I think Nike contracted out Ed Hardy on that one.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

the home and away jerseys are actually, surprising, decent.

the 3rd, or alternative, jersey and helmet are junk.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Typical non traditional team, might as well try to brand itself because they're forgettable as it stands. Nike is the devil. Two toned jerseys suck. Alternate jerseys suck (UM's more than most).
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

895 wins vs. 632 wins
42 conference championships vs. 9 (most recently in '69. You really dominated the Big 6 conference in the 30's)
Mizzou has played in six different conferences. Michigan is a founding member of the Big10, circa 1895.
126 all Americans vs. 32
Players in the NFL currently, 27-16
Players in the NFL all-time, 199-97
Michigan is #4 in apparel sales to Mizzou at #19 (Michigan's number is probably skewed by all the Mizzou fans buying Michigan hats)
You do have a cute little stadium at 79k or so vs 110k in AA.
Michigan's average attendance in 2011...112,179 over 8 games to win their 14th straight attendance record.
I can't find mizzou's figures, let's credit them with all sellouts, so 79k. That's only 35,000ish less per game.

Oh, and the winged helmet was invented by Fritz Crisler at Princeton. He brought it to Michigan In the 30's where it has since attained legendary status as one of the most recognized symbols in all of sports. Delaware picked up the helmets in 1951, even bogarted the color scheme, nobody noticed until Joe Flacco came along. Mizzou's helmets? Block M, circle Tiger, or newfangled Nike atrocity, doesn't matter, nobody cares.

Yep, we've been copying Misouri's traditions and fashions for decades, thanks for letting Michigan out of your shadow.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i feel like i looked at these photos last year when arizona state modeled their new uniforms. must be a lot of free time for bullshitting at nike design hq. come in at 9 and by 1030 you've whited out the asu on the design template and wrote in mizzou instead.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

WolverineSteve wrote:Oh, and the winged helmet was invented by Fritz Crisler at Princeton.
Crisler didn't "invent" the winged helmet. He ordered it out of a Spaulding catalog, which was a common helmet at the time. UofM did capitalize on the helmet though, and deserve credit for that.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Meh. Who are you again? Michigan? Really? Apparently, math, statistics, and history escaped core curricula emphasis at the good ol’ U of M.

But it IS nice to see that so many of your Sports Management and Communications majors have found gainful employment in the NFL.

Just a few points, and then I’ll leave you to your Glory Days memories and Mangino Hoch-sized delusions of BTPCFB relevance…

Six conferences, eh?

…And what six conferences would those be, Steve?

History only counts three conference affiliations for Missouri since its founding in 1839 (BTW, Mizzou was a “founding member” of all three of those conferences :meds:): The Western Interstate University Football Association, 1890-1897; The Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association, 1907-1995 (Informally known as the Big Six, Big Seven, and formally renamed the Big Eight in 1964), and the Big 12, 1996-2012. Mizzou begins participation in the SEC in August, 2012.

You are far too generous estimating our stadium capacity. Memorial Stadium (Faurot Field for us old timers) seats 71,000 on its BEST day. Expansion is in the plans to (just) meet the needs of the SEC. Of course, a 68,000 showing isn’t bad for a school located 120 miles minimum from its two population centers of just under two million Mizzou fans that also support five major league sports teams (Detroit only has three – they haven’t had pro football for decades).

There are 4.5 million people that live within 45 miles of Ann Arbor. One-hundred twelve thousand? You bleat scoreboard for underachieving? And it ain’t like there’s any noticeable home field advantage in that crib. Neat. You sit seven miles from the field. I'd rather watch it on TV.

As for apparel… Besides the fact that there are more gangs buying Skunk gear in the Detroit area than people who reside in KC and St. Louis combined, you also hold the edge on living alumni: 425,000 to 262,000. Course, our alums don’t run garbage routes or clean grease traps down at the local Wendy’s for a living, so I could see where your people might skew the numbers and invest in an extra tee-or-three.
WolverineSteve wrote:Yep, we've been copying Misouri's traditions and fashions for decades, thanks for letting Michigan out of your shadow.

You’re welcome. Clearly, you have no tradition of your own. Your welcome to ours. So 1920's. We're done with it.

Ever'thing's up-to-date up there in that there Michigan...

BTW, Nobody in these parts wants to see the grace and athleticism of the brand of football played in our new conference (and played in our old conference, for that matter) confused with the over-rated, slow, plodding, boring, retarded brand of football that you people play in yours.

You stole our “M”. We were content to share, but then you went and registered it.

How original.

What a tradition.

What a sack of dicks.

Can’t wait to see the lawsuits filed by you Losers for violating “Michigan 'Intellectual' (Really? :meds:) Property” against the likes of Manhattan, Marshall, Maryland, McNeese State, Memphis, and Mercer for daring to sport block M’s in their logos.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:Oh, and the winged helmet was invented by Fritz Crisler at Princeton.
Crisler didn't "invent" the winged helmet. He ordered it out of a Spaulding catalog, which was a common helmet at the time. UofM did capitalize on the helmet though, and deserve credit for that.
basically kept the design even after the shift away from leather helmets. he did introduce the platoon system to college football though, so thank michigan for that.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Truman wrote: You are far too generous estimating our stadium capacity. Memorial Stadium (Faurot Field for us old timers) seats 71,000 on its BEST day. Expansion is in the plans to (just) meet the needs of the SEC. Of course, a 68,000 showing isn’t bad for a school located 120 miles minimum from its two population centers of just under two million Mizzou fans that also support five major league sports teams (Detroit only has three – they haven’t had pro football for decades).

There are 4.5 million people that live within 45 miles of Ann Arbor. One-hundred twelve thousand? You bleat scoreboard for underachieving? And it ain’t like there’s any noticeable home field advantage in that crib. Neat. You sit seven miles from the field. I'd rather watch it on TV.
Really? Your fanbase is so rabid that they wake up Saturday morning and wonder, Hmmmmm, the Royals or Mizzou?

4.5 million? Half of them are State fans, so I'll just call it 2.5 since Michigan has better representation in the Metro D. Subtract another 750,000 because that's how many people live in Detroit proper and none of them have jobs, and food stamps don't cover the $60 nose bleeds, so now we're down to 1.75 mil. Don't forget Eastern, Central, and Western Michigan, so 1,749,500. Then there are all the marching bands Eastern invites to its games in order to artificially inflate attendance so they can tread D1 water yet another year, so 1.7 mil. And 45 miles of shitty Michigan highway = 120 miles anywhere else, so Michigan's actually drawing for a slightly smaller pool than Mizzou. If you win games on the regular people will come to watch AKA the Block M is ours.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Papa Willie wrote:http://hotpads.com/search#lat=42.378329 ... PerQuad=24

Where would you want to live? Missouri or Michigan?

Look above, and see how many houses $5k can get you. :lol:
to be fair to those areas, the Auto Industry, completely wiped them out. There was no return, once GM got done destroying their towns.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: Where would you want to live? Missouri or Michigan?
oregon
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

you know who likes these unis? the young people. middle age white alums like me aint fans of them, but i've read a lot from the youth who think they are sharp. especially the african american youth.

M Club wrote: Really? Your fanbase is so rabid that they wake up Saturday morning and wonder, Hmmmmm, the Royals or Mizzou?
Royals fans choose Mizzou over the Royals.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

every state has their poop chutes.

i live around worldy sophitimacated educated types just south of a university but I don't think southern missouri has a literacy rate over 20%.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bizzarofelice wrote:Royals fans choose Mizzou over the Royals.
This.

Thinking fans do. Er, at least the ones from Missouri...
I don't think southern missouri has a literacy rate over 20%.
That's not kind...

DGB comes from "southern missouri". BTW, those illiterates you disparage from the southern end of the state all wear Cards hats. 'Sayin'.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

So you're comparing the entire state of Missouri to...Detroit?

Sounds reasonable.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman wrote:those illiterates you disparage from the southern end of the state all wear Dale Earnhardt hats

fixed.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:

So you're comparing the entire state of Missouri to...Detroit?

Sounds reasonable.

Mackinac Island in Michigan is where a lot of the old money St. Louis types go for the summer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Truman wrote:those illiterates you disparage from the southern end of the state all wear Dale Earnhardt hats

fixed.
You say that like it's a bad thing. Plenty of #3 gear still being proudly sported in these here parts. They'll be all over the place for the race this week-end.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bizzarofelice wrote:you know who likes these unis? the young people. middle age white alums like me aint fans of them, but i've read a lot from the youth who think they are sharp. especially the african american youth.

Maybe y'all's can be REALLY original, and let the outgoing seniors pick the next season's unis, since thr young'uns think that's really cool, and works as a recruiting tool.

How many years have I dealt with crap about unis on this board, and now a goodly chunk of you are bandwagoning...

'round these parts, we refer to that as "BODE."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bizzarofelice wrote:every state has their poop chutes.

By the way, this statement isn't true.

Nevada only has one poop chute -- it's called "Nevada."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Dinsdale wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:you know who likes these unis? the young people. middle age white alums like me aint fans of them, but i've read a lot from the youth who think they are sharp. especially the african american youth.

Maybe y'all's can be REALLY original, and let the outgoing seniors pick the next season's unis, since thr young'uns think that's really cool, and works as a recruiting tool.

How many years have I dealt with crap about unis on this board, and now a goodly chunk of you are bandwagoning...

'round these parts, we refer to that as "BODE."

are they the same people?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Truman wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:Royals fans choose Mizzou over the Royals.
This.

Thinking fans do. Er, at least the ones from Missouri...
er, cardinals, royals, same same. i smelled meth and assumed they were the same.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Nike's B team designers are to be feared imo.

sin,

Colorado football and Dan Hawkins.

take a great uni and turn it to shit. same with Mizzou maybe...

""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"