Let the Peyton Manning sweepstakes begin

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Let the Peyton Manning sweepstakes begin

Post by R-Jack »

Personally, I think he's going to retire, but not until he achieves his final career objective of getting blown by twelve old white men in a one week timeframe.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:I haven't seen the Colts cap but lets say your right - if they keep him they have 8m left and a shit ton of holes to fill.
Uh, no. He was already under contract. They are 20-25 million under with him. Freeney is the guy they need to whack if they're looking to clear cap space.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

ucant, mvscal didn't contradict himself. His point was a "what if" based on the supposition of a PM who'd never suffered the injury. If that PM plays last year, this whole conversation is moot because the Colts aren't even in shouting distance of the #1 pick in this year's draft. They likely make the playoffs again, Manning is still their guy for the next few years, and the Rams are weighing the prospect of Sam Bradford and a boatload of picks for the rights to draft Andrew Luck vs goodbye Sam, hello Andrew.

As for Manning, he's perfectly healthy, at least in terms of his neck. He's been cleared by a boatlad of neurosurgeons. He's at no more risk now than he was before the injury. The issue is no longer his safety, it's whether he can move, throw and perform the way he used to.

The answer to those questions will come in very short order.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

War Wagon wrote:
Joe could've refused to play for the Chiefs, being as how they're such a shit franchise and all
He should've-the only thing he won was a fucking concussion from the Bills due to your shit o-line........that said, he'll still remain the last decent QB you had, since Peyton just refused to even answer the phone to talk to your shit team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-chase/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I think Trent Green was at least "decent," right?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

So, it's basically down to Denver and Arizona...is it wrong that I want him to go to Denver just to watch TebowFan lose their mind? I'd like to see he choose Arizona...if he can bring Wayne with him to pair up with Fitzgerald...that could be a sweet passing attack.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Shoalzie wrote:is it wrong that I want him to go to Denver just to watch TebowFan lose their mind?
NOPE! I think it would be great!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

If he goes to Dungville (I hope not) that'll sorta' blow ucants warm weather/dome team theory right off the board, which will be nice.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Wags -- If I am wrong about the warm weather/dome take, so be it. I'll take my lumps. However, this theory still holds:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I can't possibly see Manning landing in KC. Why would the most highly sought after free agent in the history of the NFL want to sign with that shit franchise?
And it wouldn't take away any of the stink from your shitty "Montana was traded to the Chefs, therefore, we have a chance at this free agent" take either.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I'll take my lumps.
sure will, on more than one count.
New York Times in April 1993 wrote:"I think when he was ready to come back last year, if he had come back and if they had named him the starting quarterback then, he would still be around. But he was healthy and he was ready and they didn't activate him."

When Montana was conducting a search for a new team over the last month, there was a heavy backlash from fans in the Bay area, and the 49ers -- in an apparent public-relations ploy -- suddenly started an all-out campaign to bring Montana back.

On Sunday, they named him their "designated" starter ahead of the league's most valuable player, Steve Young. But Montana, believing the 49ers were insincere, turned them down. He had asked to be traded to Kansas City, who had already agreed with Montana on a three-year, $10 million contract -- worth $4 million in 1993 and $4 million in 1994. "Both teams are pleased that the matter has reached a conclusion on terms that they feel are fair and reasonable," said 49ers President Carmen Policy, who made tonight's deal reluctantly.
not only are you a pompous bag of dicks, you're an ignorant one at that. RJ has tickled your taint in this thread so at least you still have that going for you.

you fucking punk, as if the Chiefs cash doesn't spend as well as your Patsies who were a fucking joke most of their history before Belicheat came along to lift that "shit franchise" from mediocrity.

Fuck YOU, you miserable failure.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

I ask again. What does someone who demanded to be traded was run out of town have to do with a free agent signing with your shit franchise?

Your franchise, currently, is shit. You get that, right? 2010 was an anomoly. Losing and finishing last in a 4 team division has become the norm. :lol:

Poor KC... no one wants you.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

what?

The whole premise of my shit take is that KC had a shot at Manning, just like they did with Montana.

The whole premise of your double down shit take was that Manning would go to a warm weather/dome team and that KC had zero chance.

Perhaps we're both wrong.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Shoalzie wrote:is it wrong that I want him to go to Denver just to watch TebowFan lose their mind?
gotta be honest, I'm pretty luke warm about the possibility......I tend to agree with mvscal although I don't think his arm is nearly as shot as he seems to think....

talk about a nutshot for timmy....
get out, get out while there's still time
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I don’t think Peyton is interested in being a tutor (much like Favre). He certainly didn’t do much to further Curtis Painter’s career. I hope the Broncos sign Manning, it would be highly entertaining. It would also be the ideal time for Tebow to move to the H-back position, and occasionally run the wildcat.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Who better to mentor Tebow? Jesus christ, how could anyone ask for a better teacher?

I know TT would hate sitting, but, in the long run, he'd become a much better NFL QB.
If Manning does end up in Denver, then Teblow ends up in Jacksonville. Mentor? Nigga please.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: If Manning does end up in Denver, then Teblow ends up in Jacksonville.
or somewhere else....I can't see him staying at Denver were the Broncos to sign Manning....

just my opinion but I think tebow is at the top of his potential market value right now....
get out, get out while there's still time
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Who better to mentor Tebow? Jesus christ, how could anyone ask for a better teacher?

I know TT would hate sitting, but, in the long run, he'd become a much better NFL QB.
If Manning does end up in Denver, then Teblow ends up in Jacksonville. Mentor? Nigga please.

Yeah, the Jags would love the local draw of Tebow...they wanted him in the past.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Sudden Sam wrote:But they're probably moving that franchise within a year or two. Think Tebow could save them and keep them in J'ville?
How fucked up does a franchise have to be to not be able to sell football in Florida?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:But they're probably moving that franchise within a year or two. Think Tebow could save them and keep them in J'ville?
How fucked up does a franchise have to be to not be able to sell football in Florida?
All those bluehairs are on fixed incomes and their 401Ks took a huge hit a few years ago. Just ask your good buddy Wolfman.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:

Mayhbe because they're near one of the most popular football teams in America, whose attendence absolutely eclipses that of any NFL team, isn't in danger of moving, has never had a whiney free agent hold out, and has never traded a player?

Just a guess.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:How fucked up does a franchise have to be to not be able to sell football in Florida?
Mayhbe because they're near one of the most popular football teams in America, whose attendence absolutely eclipses that of any NFL team, isn't in danger of moving, has never had a whiney free agent hold out, and has never traded a player?

Just a guess.
Yet the Dolphins have no financial troubles despite SHARING A CITY with the Hurrigangsters.

Try again.

Oh, and the Bucs stayed afloat for years despite having the worst owner in sports this side of Donald Sterling.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:How fucked up does a franchise have to be to not be able to sell football in Florida?

Just a guess.
Yet the Dolphins have no financial troubles despite SHARING A CITY with the Hurrigangsters.

Try again.

For real?

Figured I'd quote this, just in case you realized what a monumental dumbfuck you are... not likely.

Let's see -- first, you're comparing a metro area of 6 million to an area of less than 1.5... and to "hammer home" your point, you bring up the most notorious group of bandwagoners east of the Rockies, in the part of the state that's not nearly as famous for CFB fandom as their northern counterparts?

"Try again," indeed -- your ignorance just came shining through like a beacon of dumbfuckery.

But wait, despite the infinitesimal odds, it gets even better...
Oh, and the Bucs stayed afloat for years despite having the worst owner in sports this side of Donald Sterling.

You mean the guy that owns the biggest, most popular, most profitable, and arguably most successful sports franchise in human history?

That guy?

Please regale us with more of your well-informed, insightful takes.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dins,

Ever heard of Hugh Culverhouse?

Then STFU.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Miami and Tampa's metro area populations dwarf that of Jacksonville. I'd be willing to bet most of Orlando (another fairly sizeable metro area) roots for Miami/Tampa and not Jacksonville. Add in, being the newest franchise to the state and it's not so hard so figure out why Jacksonville has issues selling their product. I mean, they are tucked away in the corner of the state with nothing near it except GA and the Atlantic.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not to mention the fact that Miami averages about 45,000 for home games, while Florida is over 90,000.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Miami and Tampa's metro area populations dwarf that of Jacksonville. I'd be willing to bet most of Orlando (another fairly sizeable metro area) roots for Miami/Tampa and not Jacksonville. Add in, being the newest franchise to the state and it's not so hard so figure out why Jacksonville has issues selling their product. I mean, they are tucked away in the corner of the state with nothing near it except GA and the Atlantic.
They have no other major PRO sport teams, unlike Tampa or Miami, to compete with either.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Funny stuff -- even presented with facts (something his original statement didn't take into account), dipshit is going to ride this one out until the end...

regardless how comically wrong he is.

Since CFB is a non-entity where he lives, it follows (in his severely lacking brain) that it must be a non-entity everywhere else.

Nevermind that, as pointed out, the Gates average double wht the Dolphins do, and there's more football tradition in GVille (a relative newcomer to the CFB bluebloods) than the entire NFL put together, BSchmuck just can't figure out why the Jags can't compete for the football $$ in the northern part of Florida... even when TOLD why.

Awesome. Never let it be said BSmack didn't kick someone's ass in this thread.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Going back to this for a moment...
mvscal wrote:It's ovah.
Define "ovah?" Won't finish a season? Won't finish a game? What?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Define "ovah?" Won't finish a season? Won't finish a game? What?
Won't finish a season and might not finish a game. Fuck, he might not even pass a physical. See the last great Colts quarterback to be released after a brilliant career.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, you can be 100% that before anyone signs him he will first be made to pass a physical. In addition, he'll have to prove to them that he can throw at an NFL level.

If someone signs Manning and actually pays him any upfront money, then it means he's able to play.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Since CFB is a non-entity where he lives, it follows that it must be a non-entity everywhere else.
Last I checked Syracuse has one more MNC than the Ducks. :P

But seriously, the dipshit who mistook Rochester's own Macolm Glazer for Hugh Culverhouse wants to talk shit?

Pretty. Fucking. Hilarious.

Let's just assume you know NOTHING about how craptastic the Bucs were during the 1980s and 90s. Yet somehow the team stayed. It took 20 years of crap football in the Sombrero before Culverhouse finally started to loose his season ticket base. Even then, the Bucs sold tickets.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:In addition, he'll have to prove to them that he can throw at an NFL level.
All he has to prove is that he can sell a few more PSLs and jerseys. Don't be naive.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

He's not getting any upfront money much less Peyton Manning money just to sell jerseys...which won't sell for shit if he doesn't play. With all the questions surrounding his arm he'll need to show that he can play before anyone throws any sort of serious $$ his way, and he's certainly not signing for chickenfeed.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:With all the questions surrounding his arm he'll need to show that he can play before anyone throws any sort of serious $$ his way...
That is absolutely ridiculous. You sign Manning, you're signing the Manning brand. That's all it'll take.
and he's certainly not signing for chickenfeed.
Of course not. I never suggested he wouldn't.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yep, like I said...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 01591.html

...no one is signing this guy until: 1. He passes a physical. 2. He works out for them and proves he can throw at something approaching his former level.

What, are you guys stupid?
Last edited by Van on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:... no one is signing this guy until: 1. He passes a physical. 2. He works out for them and proves he can throw at something approaching his former level.

What, are you guys stupid?
No, you're simply pitifully naive. "Passing a physical" is simply contractual due diligence. If the powers that be truly want a player to "pass a physical," you can rest assured that he will be "good to go." Proving he can throw at "something approaching his former level" is semantically null content.

His "former level" will be whatever it is his new employers say it is. Peyton Fucking Manning doesn't even have to step on the field to make money for his new team.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Right, and Elway, Fox and a trainer all flew out to Durham, N.C. to watch him work out just for their health.

Admit it, you were wrong.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:Right, and Elway, Fox and a trainer all flew out to Durham, N.C. to watch him work out just for their health.
My goodness...you mean three people flew out on a private jet to Durham, NC?!? WOW!! What a lavish expenditure!!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The point was that no one was going to sign him until he passed a physical and proved he could still throw. No GM in the league was simply going to take his word for it and just hope he can sell some jerseys, not for the kind of money he'll command. They would have to work him out first, which is exactly what's happening. First SF worked him out, now Denver, and soon Tennessee. All three are also making him pass a physical.

Love how you're already backpedaling from this...
Fuck, he might not even pass a physical.
Now that he actually is passing these physicals each team is giving him, here you come with...
"Passing a physical" is simply contractual due diligence. If the powers that be truly want a player to "pass a physical," you can rest assured that he will be "good to go."
:lol:

Hopefully he does end up in Denver, then you can hit the trifecta of being wrong:

1-Tim Tebow. Bwaa.

2. Peyton Manning won't need to pass a physical or prove he can play before someone signs him.

3. Peyton's career is "ovah."

Well, you're going to end up being wrong on all three regardless, so it doesn't matter where Manning signs. You've already been proven wrong on the Peyton issues, and now it's just a matter of time until the Tebow experiment comes to an end. If that guy gets shipped off to Jacksonville, he'll be out of the league within three years.

The funniest thing of all is that you think a team like Denver would sign Manning just to sell jerseys. Christ, dumbass, look who they already have there. Could anyone possibly sell more jerseys than Tim Tebow, and is Denver the least bit hurting for attendance?

Nope and nope, and still they'll cart Tebow right on out of there if they're able to sign Manning...which they won't do unless he's proven to them that he can step in and play.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Van wrote:You've already been proven wrong on the Peyton issues,
Why don't you go ahead an link me up?