Free Agency

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Free Agency

Post by Shoalzie »

I'd like to see the Lions keep both Avril and Tulloch...keep the current group together on defense and continue to build through the draft. They'll need another rush end because as you see with the Giants...you can't have too many guys that can get after the QB's ass. They got stretched thin in the secondary with injuries. Thankfully they didn't have to go all 'Patriots' and stick Nate Burleson in as a dime back. They mention Finnegan as a target with an obvious connection with Schwartz and he'd unseat Suh as the dirtiest player on the team. I'd rather they go after Rogers if they want to sign a corner...he catches about as well as the Lions DBs.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

copy/paste entire list...Bucs might break .500. Brian Cox added to coachin staff may just get em over the top... :meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

KC Scott wrote:Chiefs Sign Stanford Routt which pretty much guarantees Brandon Carr is gonzo

:brad:

Terrible signing for anyone. Human PI machine who led the league in that category, and when he wasnt getting laundry flung his way he was getting burned harder than a Bsmack money loan by any reciever he "covered" . You will cringe in horror when you witness his inability to turn his head and play the reciever the entire way, resulting in excellent field position for the opposing team.

Just absolute trash. Cant believe you guys just didn give Carr that coin....he is a much, much better player all the way around.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

RJ wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Chiefs Sign Stanford Routt which pretty much guarantees Brandon Carr is gonzo

Terrible signing for anyone. Human PI machine who led the league in that category, and when he wasnt getting laundry flung his way he was getting burned harder than a Bsmack money loan by any reciever he "covered" . You will cringe in horror when you witness his inability to turn his head and play the reciever the entire way, resulting in excellent field position for the opposing team.

Just absolute trash. Cant believe you guys just didn give Carr that coin....he is a much, much better player all the way around.
http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =3&t=40533

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3-13
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Routt is a decent "#2" corner, imo.

But he was GROSSLY overpaid as Oakland's supposed "#1" corner.

He got flagged for a bunch of bullshit ticky-tac penalties last season and he gave up too many TDs on short passes.

He did keep himself on the field for 16 games, however, and that in itself was an accomplishment in comparison to the rest of the 'dud roster.

I've read that he was a bit of a lockerroom loudmouth.

I think I tend to agree that B. Carr might rate higher than Routt.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Routt is a decent "#2" corner, imo.

But he was GROSSLY overpaid as Oakland's supposed "#1" corner.
He will be the 3rd highest paid cornerback in the league this year when you combine what he's getting from the Chiefs with what the Raiders owed him.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Props to him for getting over financially, because S. Routt as the third highest paid corner in the leauge is INSANE.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

mvscal wrote:
RJ wrote:

http://www.theoneboard.com/board/viewto ... =3&t=40533

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3-13

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Truly shocking...

Routt is a decent "#2" corner, imo.
I couldnt disagree with you more, Tart. As a #2 opposite Aso, he absolutely sucked and was routinely picked on and burned nonstop. Those ticky-tack calls he led the league with are still a penalty and usually came on 3rd and long when he would perform his trademark "grab and pull" on a reciever who clearly has him beaten.

You're right about the short yardage TD's, but what about the many long balls that werent "catches" but resulted in a PI flag because he never turns his head and plays the reciever instead of the ball? He was a unmitigated disaster in our secondary, followed by another overpaid PI hold machine named Chris Johnson (who, thankfully, was injured most of the season and gave the very nice young surprises DVD and Chewka valuable playing time). He also blows at tackling.

Extremely happy to be playing him twice a year now. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Well if you can disagree with me, I can disagree with you, bro' James. :)

Routt had a good year (opposite Nnamdi) as our #2 in 2010.

http://www.examiner.com/oakland-raiders ... burn-rates

The problem this year was that he got bumped up to cover the #1 guy on the other teams - and he wasn't up to that task.

Jmo, but I think he won't be flagged for some of the minor holding and bumping now that he is out of a Raider uni.
Betcha his penalty and TD's allowed numbers both drop significantly this year.

I think Chef fan might be reasonably happy with his play (not his pay) if they don't set their expectations too high, and the coaching staff realizes he doesn't belong covering the other team's top receiver.

As a Raider, he was overpaid, he talked too much (allegedly), he had a down year, and he was seen as an "Al Davis guy."

So he was swept out the door during this current enema R. McKenzie is giving the organization.

The issue for Oakland right now is they have pretty much... nothing at corner.

Two 2nd year guys who might have upside potential, and that is it.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

poptart wrote:Well if you can disagree with me, I can disagree with you, bro' James. :)

Routt had a good year (opposite Nnamdi) as our #2 in 2010.

http://www.examiner.com/oakland-raiders ... burn-rates
From your link:
Nearly everyone agrees: Nnamdi Asomugha is at the very least, one of the best corners in the NFL. What many disagree about, at least in Raider Nation, Stanford Routt and Chris Johnson are pretty good too.

Numbers dont tell the entire story in this case, Pops. Many critical 3rd downs throughout each and every game were converted into 1st's because of Routt, whether it was opposite of Aso or not. Those directly led to the many losses the team suffered. Period. EOS.

You have watched this team like I have over the last 20+ years, and you know just as well as I do that Routt was not a good corner in any capacity. He never plays the ball, only the reciever. He grabs constantly due to being out of position or beat, and has done so his entire tenure with the Raiders. It his trademark. I wont begin to delve into what a weak tackler he is, as this is well documented.

With a front 7 like the Raiders have, Routt should have fared much better if he was even decent. Cheiffan is in for a rude awakening due to the fact that thier front 7 isnt close to what the Raiders have. The pressure will not be there, and Routt will be charred remains at the end of nearly every game. Just watch. I do believe the rooks did well because they took advantage of what our front 7 gave them in terms of pressure. Quite simply, Routt was the best of a bad bunch that included a 2000 year old Lito Sheppard, Chris Johnsuck, and 2 2nd year players who actually did well, all things considered.

Honestly, the Raiders would have been better off keeping a damn good Sterling Moore, who we cut and let walk to the Patriots for nothing, than keeping Routt on the roster this past season.

Pops, you know that McKenzie did the right thing here. Taking out the trash and ridding the team of Al's ring kissing scholarship pets like Routt and John Herrera is long overdue. Next up-Chris Johnson, John Henderson, and Cooper Carslisle.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

James wrote:Chris Johnsuck
haha

Like you, I'm ok with Routt being cleared out - and I understand why he was.

I guess we just evaluate him a little differently.

You see him as total garbage and I see him as an adequate #2 corner for a team.

McKenzie is giving the place the kind of housecleaning that has been frankly long overdue.

We are going to end up having some holes to fill, though, and it won't surprise me if we take a step back under .500 this coming season.

Hope it's not the case, but I realistically think it's possible.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

poptart wrote: We are going to end up having some holes to fill, though, and it won't surprise me if we take a step back under .500 this coming season.

Hope it's not the case, but I realistically think it's possible.
At first glance, it looks like that could be the case with the way McK is bulldozing through the front office lemmings and fuckbag players, but then a great reality about the situation hits: Carson Palmer gets a whole offseason to study the playbook and work with the killer young WR's, O-line, and DMac. Al Saunders was kept to work with CP, and our new OC (knapp) is keeping everything nearly the same offensively as last season. Great news, as the offense was very explosive.

It was the defense, led by the clueless and braindead Bresnahan, that shit the bed all season long. He admitted to not making halftime adjustments. He had our MLB covering the opposing teams #1 reciever at times. They ranked as one of the worst in the league, and it really couldnt get much worse than last year. They were that bad.

In comes RM, who hires a young, highly touted defensive coach for the first time since Alcula floated along the Raider sidelines. A coach who took a bunch of guys who most had finishing in the cellar and turned them into a stout defensive unit that carried them into the second round of the playoffs. (save your tebow resets, the D carried that team)

When you're on the bottom, the only way left to go is up-which is where our defense stands now.

Good times lie ahead for Raider Nation......
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RJ wrote:Good times lie ahead for Raider Nation......
I laughed. Not just a little chuckle, either. A hearty guffaw.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I also saw that McBlackginger pushed John Herrera out the door too.

Unless the move was made because he has someone better to yell at Tim Kawakami, they are really taking out the asskissing trash.

I need a thumbs up smilie.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

R-Jack wrote:McBlackginger
:lol:
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

What the hell are the Panthers doing? They've got the best running QB in the NFL (in terms of TDs at least) and they already don't use their highly paid guy in Williams plus they've still got Stewart and now they bring in Tolbert?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77090 ... ke-tolbert
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Shoalzie wrote:What the hell are the Panthers doing? They've got the best running QB in the NFL (in terms of TDs at least) and they already don't use their highly paid guy in Williams plus they've still got Stewart and now they bring in Tolbert?

Tolbert's primary use is as a receiver out of the backfield which is something the Panthers don't have. That's what they're doing. The real question is what are the Chargers doing?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:What the hell are the Panthers doing? They've got the best running QB in the NFL (in terms of TDs at least) and they already don't use their highly paid guy in Williams plus they've still got Stewart and now they bring in Tolbert?

They'll be dumping Mike Goodson in 3...2...

And rumor has it the Steelers might fish Goodson off the pile. He'll probably be their big FA pick of the off season.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:The real question is what are the Chargers doing?
Then the next question would be who gives a fuck?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

mvscal wrote:

Tolbert's primary use is as a receiver out of the backfield which is something the Panthers don't have. That's what they're doing. The real question is what are the Chargers doing?

Le'Ron McClain, Jarret Johnson, Robert Meacham, Eddie Royal, and of course the stellar Charlie Whitehurst
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.