Un-Rack the fucking Nuggets...

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Un-Rack the fucking Nuggets...

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

:x 53-25 with 4 minues left in the 1st half??? Ouch.

Gotta make some kind of run before halftime or this one could get late early...
"Keys, woman!"
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

holy crap was this the Nuggets or my grade school team??

what an absolutely pathetic performance tonight. I don't know which person will be nicer to their team: Steinbrenner after the Yankees lose 10 in a row or George Karl after tonight. Either way, I don't want to be anywhere near those locker rooms.

It may have been overconfidence on the Spurs part Sunday night, the Nuggets actually playing well or a combination of both. All I know is that the Nuggets were no where near being ready for tonight and the Spurs were just pissed.

So much for a bum knee on Tim Duncan.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

~brutal~

It looks like the "Karl" type playoff team is back. I was hoping for more from the "Nug's". Oh well, I guess you guys can run them to death in the altitude and try to kill them. It looks like your only chance.

m2
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

'sup fellas? :twisted:
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

You Nuggets fans ready for game 3?

Barring any injuries to key players, I say if the Spurs win tonight, the series is over in 5 games. If Denver wins, it's going 7.

I just hope Walton isn't doing this game. Because then, of course, you know he'll reference it being the most important game in the history if the NBA playoffs. :roll:

Got my radio tuned to WOAI in SA, just in case. 8)

Should be a great game tonight.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

You damn skippy I'm ready for this! Without resorting to Waltonesque hyperbole, this is THE pivotal game in the series. A Nuggets loss would be devastating to their confidence, while a win would put them back in the driver's seat. Gotta defend the home court.

I actually like Walton, BTW. I used to hate him, but a couple years ago, my friend bought the NBA package and Walton did most of the Clippers games. He's an acquired taste, but he just cracks me up now. He's just so critical of everything. You gotta love it...
"Keys, woman!"
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:You damn skippy I'm ready for this! Without resorting to Waltonesque hyperbole, this is THE pivotal game in the series. A Nuggets loss would be devastating to their confidence, while a win would put them back in the driver's seat. Gotta defend the home court.
We'll see if your team plays like they know it.

:twisted:
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:I actually like Walton, BTW. I used to hate him, but a couple years ago, my friend bought the NBA package and Walton did most of the Clippers games. He's an acquired taste, but he just cracks me up now. He's just so critical of everything. You gotta love it...
Yeah, I know. I don't "like" him so much as I laugh at him. :lol:

He does a show on satellite radio, on the "Jam On" channel. They play a lot of Grateful Dead and Fish and shit, and he's got a regular gig on there! No shit. First time I heard it, I about freaked out. Dude was talking all mellow and shit, but with that same voice inflection. And he mixes in basketball takes in between spinning CDs of the Dead, I shit you not. :lol:

Dude is a trip on that show. A couple of weeks ago, he was yammering on, about how great the Dead are, yada yada, and how they were playing outside of Chicago, "this one time," and "how close that is to French Lick, Indiana, the HOME of LARRRRRY BIIIRRD, the Great NBA PLAY-EEER. You know I've talked to LARRRR-Y, and I know that he's SEEN the Grateful Dead, and HE's a FAN."

lmfao
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Run if you have to but keep up!
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Nice game by the Nuggets.

Only they put themselves in a hole, at home, and almost got out of it.

Just not quite enough.

Don't puss out D-fan. Just stop reading columns by that freak with the earring in the Rocky Mountain News. That dude is strange, dogs.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm born and raised in Portland -- Big Bill can do NO wrong round these parts, regardless how douchelike he may be behaving at the time. There's one Championship banner in the rafters, and he put it there. When he played here, everyone knew where he lived, and fans used to just show up at his house with dinner for him and stuff. He'd invite them in and eat their grub. Good dude, but goofy sometimes. And he actually played drums on stage with the Dead on a few occasions. Back then, he used to follow the Summer Tour during the offseason, since he was too injured to work out usually.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

needless to say it was a disappointing and frustrating loss. Many opportunities to close it and the Spurs just kept on firing back. We still could have easily won that game if it weren't for the fact that there were too many stupid fouls (and many that the POS NBA Refs missed and/or called when it wasn't a foul), missed free throws and no offensive rebounds.

In reality, both teams played like crap last night. San Antonio wasn't making the free throws they needed and refs weren't giving them too many breaks either.

I am still confident that the Nuggets can take this all the way to game 7. Definitely won't be easy, especially with Manu Ginobili in the line up. Damn that guy was on fire and no one could really stop him except when 'melo laid that block, errrrrrr flagrant foul on him late in the 4th.

heh, Tim who?
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Drew Litton is the best damn cartoonist...
...Fucking Nails!!!

NOTE: This was in the Rocky Mtn. News the morning of game 3. It just now showed up on their web site. Wish I could have put it in before game 3 was played.
Run if you have to but keep up!
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

First off, RACK game 4, and rack the Nuggets' effort, especially in the 4th quarter.

Secondly, fucking UNRACK the refereeing in this game. Worst shit I've seen in a long, long time.

There were more bad calls in this game, going both ways, than there were highlights.

This could have been a great game. Too bad the fucking refs had to make their presence known, to the handful of folks who saw it.

Btw, Tony Parker showed once again why he's the most underrated point guard in the league. If dude played for the fucking Fakers, or Celtics, he'd be on Wheaties boxes and shit.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Wow. Talk about a bad night. I had band practice tonight so I had to set the DVR to record the game. Just to be safe, I recorded an extra hour, and I still missed the last minute and a half of OT! :x

Whatever. It shouldn't have been in OT in the first place, because Boykins hit a 3 that was counted as a 2. But shit happens and life goes on. If the Nuggets had a reliable 3 point shooter, they wouldn't be in this hole to begin with.

Oh well. The Nuggets ended up doing about as well as I expected at the beginning of the season, and much better than I expected after their 17-25 start. I think the main focus in the off-season is to find a pure shooter. Maybe they could work out some kind of deal with Detroit to bring Chauncey Billups back home again. I like that Melo is finally starting to take the ball to the hoop instead of settling for 14 foor jumpers. Hopefully they build on this experience and come back as a legit contender next season.

Props to the Spurs. I hate those fuckers, but they straight-up outplayed the Nugs. Better to lose to the Spurs than Minnesota, at least.
"Keys, woman!"
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

I turned it off at the end of the 3rd and went to bed absolutely pissed (sucks getting up at 5:30am otherwise I would have stayed up for the whole thing).

I agree, the officiating in this whole series has been nothing other than pathetic. But in reality, all three sides have been pathetic except for a few guys who have stepped up namely Ginobili and Parker. Dudes are unstoppable. But the Nugs, and even Spits, have all made bonehead mistakes, moreso on the Nugs side.

Props to Fat Antonia. Enjoy this series win (may as well have been a sweep) but enjoy eve more losing in your next series.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

d-townmike wrote:
Props to Fat Antonia. Enjoy this series win (may as well have been a sweep) but enjoy eve more losing in your next series.
No fuckin' way do the Spurs lose to Seattle. The Suns might take 'em out (if Steven Hunter shows up for more than one game), but I can't see Seattle doing it...
"Keys, woman!"
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
d-townmike wrote:
No fuckin' way do the Spurs lose to Seattle. The Suns might take 'em out.....
.....in four.

If Nash gets hurt, it might go to six or seven.

Otherwise, Suns in five.

Maybe four.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Diogenes wrote:.....in four.

If Nash gets hurt, it might go to six or seven.

Otherwise, Suns in five.

Maybe four.
Dream on. :twisted:
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Sig bet?

Suns don't get past Miami.

Maybe my jinx can trump theirs.

ImageImage
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Diogenes wrote:Sig bet?
Sure. If it's Suns-Spurs in WCF, how about a sig bet until there's an NBA champion?

If Dallas wins, the next round against Phoenix should be fun to watch. The over/under should be about 290 a game or so. :twisted:
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

well, as expected, the Nuggets are done.

Great season all around, I'm very proud at the accomplishments all season, we just fell victim to a better team in the playoffs and piss poor officiating.

props to the Fat Antonia Spits...err, Spurs.

War next season!
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

RadioFan wrote:
Sure. If it's Suns-Spurs in WCF, how about a sig bet until there's an NBA champion?
You trying to guarantee the Spurs lose?

Okay, I'll take the Spurs over the Suns.

ImageImage
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Diogenes wrote:
RadioFan wrote:
You trying to guarantee the Spurs lose?
Well, I did finally have my Sean Elliott jersey cleaned. I'm warding off the jinx through a new routine this year. So far, it's working.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

d-townmike wrote:well, as expected, the Nuggets are done.

Great season all around, I'm very proud at the accomplishments all season, we just fell victim to a better team in the playoffs and piss poor officiating.

props to the Fat Antonia Spits...err, Spurs.

War next season!
With an outside shooter or two, Denver will be even tougher. Props to them having a great 2nd half this year. You guys may have had a 1st-round upset had you not had to play SA in the first round.

Karl was right in the post-game news conference -- the future is bright for the Nuggets.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

RadioFan wrote: With an outside shooter or two, Denver will be even tougher.
When is Horry's contract up?

:twisted:
"Keys, woman!"
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Diogenes wrote:Okay, I'll take the Spurs over the Suns.
You know I'm not taking that bet. :)