Old Fashioned, Big-Time SEC Throw-Down

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Truman
Eternal Scobode

Old Fashioned, Big-Time SEC Throw-Down

Post by Truman »

Brought to you today by your friends at Chick-fil-a, Conoco-Phillips, and the University of Texas[/Dave Armstrong]

Mizzou -v- aTm

*Sigh...*

Well, the state’s populus was kinda lookin' for THE Official Announcement™ to made before these two squared off today, but I suspect Brady Deaton has been too busy this past week trying to locate his ass with both hands. Besides, there’s a nasty rumor runnin’ state-wide that they were still playing baseball in St. Louis this past week that most likely distracted the state's cuff-links types from making any generational decisions.

Not easy being a west-side Tiger fan these days. Not only is 100 years of tradition about to pissed down the drain with the stroke of a pen, but my town figures to significantly suffer economically in the fall out. Such is the cost of "stability", I suppose.

If I could've erased this game from 88's pick 'em sheet, I would've. Instead, staying away from it as far away as I could was about the best I could do. Yeah, Mizzou dough-popped the Aggies in College Station last year, but that was a different team with a different quarterback. Seems aTm had a slight attitude adjustment after that game as well, and went on to rip off about six straight before falling to LSU last year at Jerry's Palace. If the same mistake-prone Tigers that batted the ball all over Faurot last week made the flight to East Texas, I could easily see the Gig 'Ems running my Tigers out of the gym. Besides, Mizzou hasn’t beaten a ranked opponent on the road in some-48 straight tries (I ain’t lookin’ it up, but I’m close).

Well, now, lookie here. It appears we've just determined third in the SEC West. Hell, we may become bowl eligible after all. Franklin led our bunch to a tremendous come-from-behind victory, and somewhere Indy is swinging from one of his 38-or-so television wall mounts.

Nice win for the Tiggers. Reckon a whole lot of Pyrrhic victories will become the norm.

...Fight! Tigers fight for ol’ Mizzou, proudly keep the colors flying skyward, in the end we’ll win the Victory, so Tigers fight for Ol’ Mizzou!
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Re: Old Fashioned, Big-Time SEC Throw-Down

Post by Mace »

Nice comeback for Mizzou. I thought that one was over.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Yo, Mace!

Wanna be our "Traditional" Rival? After all, the Curators promised us a game against one at Arrowhead each year as a bone for leaving the XII...

Kansas seems obstinately disinterested. I was thinking the Huskers (now wouldn't THAT be fun?), but you Herkie-types travel just as well as they do. Whaddya say?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

I'm not sure how "traditional" that rivalry would be, but tradition has to start somewhere, and I never understood why we couldn't get that series started. I'm all for it, Truman, so where do I sign? Unfortunately, you're more likely to get Iowa State than Iowa.

Edit: The way Iowa is struggling with the Gophers today, you would be salivating to get them to Arrowhead. Christ, Marcus Coker has 187 yards rushing in the first half and they're tied at 7. Hell, run the ball down their fucking throats and put some points on the board.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Kinda my point, Mace.

We got no tradition, once Deaton inks our covenant with the SEC. Hell, if we gotta move, can't we at least reapply to the B1G again?!

Was just thinkin' that it might be a nice switch to mix it up with folks who sound like Harry Reasoner from that steady diet of those who speak like James Carville.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Truman wrote:Kinda my point, Mace.

We got no tradition, once Deaton inks our covenant with the SEC. Hell, if we gotta move, can't we at least reapply to the B1G again?!

Was just thinkin' that it might be a nice switch to mix it up with folks who sound like Harry Reasoner from that steady diet of those who speak like James Carville.
Personally, I think the Big 10 would have been a much better fit for Mizzou. You'd have Iowa and Illinois as border rivals and Nebraska as a former Big 8 rival. A perfect fit, if you ask me....but no one did.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Word, Mace.

Was Big-Time agin' it last year, but would readily accept a B1G invitiation in a heart-beat this one.

"We're mad at Texas" just doesn't cut it on this side of the state.

This inevitable move has been solely spearheaded and cheerleaded by that flaming pile of shit we have currently occupying the Governor's manse. The Curators are his hand-picked apointees, and Brady Deaton is simply serving as a puppet in an interim decision-making role which ultimately lies solely with the governor.

We had a Systems President all set to go back in July - who would, in effect, serve as CEO of this entire decision-making process - but Gov. Nixon delayed his appointment and the apointee elected to move on to serve under Pres. Obama as Vice Chairman of the FDIC.

Oh, the apointee?

Thomas Hoenig, Iowa State grad, Kansas City native, and with deep roots in the Big 8 and Big XII.

I could stay up all night trying to make sense of this ass-hatted move, but it boils down to the arrogance of a sitting governor who will be term-limited in 2012 to playing lobbyist and glad-handing St. Louis law firms. Fucker will be dead in 10 years, leaving Missourians a legacy of explaining grits and human sacrifice at LSU tailgate parties to our kids for generations. :x
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

ATM boards are in full melt. Ags have 3 losses. In all 3 they had double digit leads at halftime. OSU: 17, Ark: 18, MU: 11.

was Von Miller that much of a factor for them on D?

good win for MU.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc810 wrote:You do NOT have to talk bad about grits to make your point, DAMNIT. :x
I noticed you weren't bothered by the bit about human sacrifices.

:mrgreen:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Jsc made a joke, Van. Try to keep up.
--------------------
Oh, MY kids are well aware of grits, Jsc…

Got a bag of ‘em in the pantry, and use ‘em to complement a mess of B’s and G’s ever’ month-or-so.

A common staple in my upbringing. What my folks were raised on. Sadly, my kids are decidedly Yankee in attitude, and view such a dish with scorn and suspicion. Such is the passage of generations.

Funny (strange) aside: Ever try ordering biscuits and gravy in Chicago, Jsc?! Folks look at you like you just landed from another planet….
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

-------> :mrgreen: <-------
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Truman wrote:Funny (strange) aside: Ever try ordering biscuits and gravy in Chicago, Jsc?! Folks look at you like you just landed from another planet….
Seriously? Remind me to never order breakfast in Chicago.

Biscuits and gravy are a staple in my house....along with some occasional grits....but I do miss my mom's fried mush for breakfast.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

'Bode the Heart of America, Mace.

I understand that a decent pork tenderloin is damn-near impossible to find outside our region as well. Pity those big-city folk never learned how to eat...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Truman wrote:'Bode the Heart of America, Mace.

I understand that a decent pork tenderloin is damn-near impossible to find outside our region as well. Pity those big-city folk never learned how to eat...
Tenderloins are reason enough to never leave the midwest. I've never been to a restaurant in Iowa that didn't have them on the menu but one of the best I've had was in a little hole-in-the-wall bar in some small Missouri town on our way to see a Cubs-Cardinal game this summer.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Then you know, Mace.

I'm thinking tenderloins have to be one of God's specials chalked on the board at His heavenly cafe every Thursday. Damn sammie oughtta be its own food group. Hard to beat a pork tender done right.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Damn right, Truman. Tenderloins are like sex.....the bad ones are good but the good ones are heavenly.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Pinkel was positively gushing after the game in the interview with Mike Kelly. I don't think I've ever heard him carry on like that.

that was a great win amid a season of huge letdowns and turmoil. I never lost faith, obstinately taking Mizzou in the pick'em week after painful week.

8-4 is a distinct possibility now.

Go Tigers!!!

As TJ Moe said... it doesn't matter where we play, we're going to be playing somewhere.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:Pinkel was positively gushing after the game in the interview with Mike Kelly. I don't think I've ever heard him carry on like that.

that was a great win amid a season of huge letdowns and turmoil. I never lost faith, obstinately taking Mizzou in the pick'em week after painful week.

8-4 is a distinct possibility now.

Go Tigers!!!

As TJ Moe said... it doesn't matter where we play, we're going to be playing somewhere.
That's all well and good, Wags, but what's your take on tenderloins?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nyet.

We do just fine on tenderloins 'round these parts.

I of course like them on the smoker.

Aside: UDub Zona is pretty entertaining.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote:That's all well and good, Wags, but what's your take on tenderloins?
Tru may not have heard of In-A-Tub restaurant in the Northland, but they serve up a mouth watering deep fried tenderloin.

40th and North Oak, Tru, in case you were wondering.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

War Wagon wrote:
Mace wrote:That's all well and good, Wags, but what's your take on tenderloins?
Tru may not have heard of In-A-Tub restaurant in the Northland, but they serve up a mouth watering deep fried tenderloin.

40th and North Oak, Tru, in case you were wondering.
I may have to check that place out when I'm in KC and have some time. I'll be at the airport tomorrow morning but won't have time for a tenderloin. I've found that the best ones are in small town bars and restaurants and I have a cousin who owns a bar in a town of 200 who serves up a damn fine tenderloin....and burgers....and I make a point to stop whenever I'm traveling down highway 34.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Pork Tenderloins, LoL

It's about the Pork Steaks viewtopic.php?f=17&t=29214
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

A pork tender done right is about the size of a dinner plate.

Roolz.

Well aware of In-A-Tub, Wags. Used to date a couple of Northland chicks back in the day who turned me on to the phenomena. Big-Boy and Paul's ( :shock: ) do a knock-out pork tender as well, if you can keep from pulling the trigger on their Italian Steaks. Side of rings is a must, since your cholesterol is fucked anyway...

Mace nailed it, though: It's the little hole-in-the-wall corner diners/taverns that serve the best. Main Street Inn ruled South KC for years. Betty's, over in KC Scott Country, was tough to beat too. And who could forget Wimpy's over on Troost?

And yes, Del, we're very much aware of park steaks on this side of the state as well. What we buy when you can't find decent ribs or chops on sale. But you can stick the Maull's - can't hardly beat a good park steak finished in Gates. Good eats, yo!
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

We're gonna beat you people eventually, Sam. You gonna claim "down year" when it happens? And it WILL happen.

Oh, Mizzou and A&M oughtta get along just fine with your little circle jerk, Sammie. No, we're no threat to your current heirarchy...

But you best pack your "A" game when you come trottin' into Columbia. 'Sayin'.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote:we added
We have
Sudden SECBSH, in full flower.

Trust me, this Mizzou fan will never refer to the SEC as 'we'.

I recoil at the thought of my team being associated with dullards, for a few extra pennies each year.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:Thought we agreed a while back that the "we" thing was okay in order to avoid distancing oneself from one's obvious affiliation/love affair.
I thought it was just to piss off Toejam?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one