Big 12 honk smacks Mizzou

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Big 12 honk smacks Mizzou

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Truman wrote:Division realignment pales in comparison. ‘Bama wielded its big conference stick (‘sup Texas) to keep its annual game against cross-division rival Tennessee ('sup conference tradition) in the fold. Guess that’s a big deal down there.
I understand why 'Bama didn't want Auburn moving to the East by themselves. That would have cost them the Tennessee game as an annual. But, if 'Bama and Auburn both move to the East and Vandy moves to the West, 'Bama-Tennessee continues as an annual, albeit divisional, game.
Besides, the move is viewed as only temporary. The addition of SEC #15 and SEC #16 in the next couple of years will allow the conference to split into four “pods” – with Mizzou, aTm, Arkansas, and LSU comprising the West. Or so I’ve read.
That assumes a lot. First, expansion to 16 might not be doable for the SEC, given the ACC's now $20 million exit fee. And in any event, the NCAA hasn't approved the "pod" format for conferences, although it's certainly possible that if/when the superconferences happen, they wind up splitting from the NCAA.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Van wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote: See, what I did was quote a Big 12 university commissioner.
No, you quoted an unnamed source with additional reporting by Andy Katz and linked by Goobs.
He's reportedly a Big 12 commissioner, which is exactly what I said.
He was quoted by the Austin newspaper. I’ll guess he was from Texas.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

M Club wrote:not interested in having a bunch of buttfucks who, if lucky, will graduate into the bottom of a pyramid scheme selling rafting insurance
:lol:
and your lists: tailgating at most btcfb stadiums is pretty much the same. great, they roast live children at lsu.
:applause:

Take a bow, sir. That was a great post.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Terry

Bama wants to keep Tenn as a yearly cross division Rivalry game, and continue playing Auburn. If Auburn went to East(Auburn stated they would go to East), Then Bama has to pick between the 2 , as Auburn would now have to become cross rivalry, and Tenn would play some one else. Missouri goes East, Bama-Auburn, and Tenn stays their cross division Rival.

Bama does not want Auburn in East, not only because of cross division rivalry dealio, but then Auburn moves into some of bamas biggest recruiting areas. It was the only reason that there was a supposed not enough votes rumor. Bama wanted to protect what's theirs.

Also, I believe some one said on tigerboard, that going east, 4 of their East foes, would be closer than a majority of the West teams. With Arkansas being the exception.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:1. I've got to see Mizzou go to the SEC to believe it. It's NOT geographically proper, so that's the first big problem I see.
Geography should perhaps be your 13th reason it wouldn't work, not your first. Even if geography was a key piece of criteria in conference expansion, Mizzou to SECLand isn't THAT big of a stretch, especially when you consider that WVU just joined the Big 12, and TCU joined the Big East before jumping ship to the 12.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The fact Missouri ISN'T located in the south is all the more reason to give them a look. One of the driving forces of conference expansion is getting into new tv markets, and Mizzou would provide that.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The fact Missouri ISN'T located in the south is all the more reason to give them a look. One of the driving forces of conference expansion is getting into new tv markets, and Mizzou would provide that.
this is the only good point made in the last couple pages. if you are the SEC (pig happy as you are now)....you have a TV war on your hands in the future. you have already lost Meyer at UF and Saban and Miles are the hotsy totsy right now. you have nice pop density and ESPN bunny humping as a freakshow. so you have media power. eventually if Blind Faith (tolerable) or Damn Yankees (crap) superconferences happen....you are going to need more to win back the media that the "aw shucks, bourbon fueled medieval nights on campus, roasting gators and children over an open spit" factor.

you need new market penetration into the SW and midwest.

south ain't never won a war on it's own, have they?

no one nationally is turning it nationwide to watch Ole Miss, MSU, or UK. Arkie has some old name value. just being "SEC"...ain't be gonna enough in the new TV world order and arms race.

edit: and remember, it wasn't that much more than a decade that the SEC was considered a "weak" conference, physical wise. NU put it on Florida. this is no "Eternal Condition" SECBSH and CO. are working with.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

and by the way M Club, no one really liked the Big XII except the SWC schools.

it was seen as a necessary move to possibly preempt what you see happening the last couple years. Advertising demographics taking control of the sport and staying competitive in a low population (but high football and basketball performing) region. Full commodification of sport to where it's political economy.

war the Big 8. easy to say as an OU fan....but i didn't like playing Tech, ATM, and Baylor instead of MU, KU, KSU....whatever. in principle. losing the Big 8 home-homes in basketball, KU, KSU, MU, etc.....to me was sacred crimes. from about 83-93 that was some great basketball....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote: war the Big 8. easy to say as an OU fan....but i didn't like playing Tech, ATM, and Baylor instead of MU, KU, KSU....whatever. in principle. losing the Big 8 home-homes in basketball, KU, KSU, MU, etc.....to me was sacred crimes. from about 83-93 that was some great basketball....
I kinda' liked 1980 thru about 2000 in hoops myself, especially 80-83. Wow at the coaches back in those days.

But hoops don't pay the bills, not near enough anyways.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

King Crimson wrote:and by the way M Club, no one really liked the Big XII except the SWC schools.
eh, i don't care about the actual reasons. just think it's humorous how last year y'all were "peace out, nebraska bitterman, don't let the door hit you on the way out" but as soon as any of your schools get a love note from some other conference you pick up the exact line of reasoning you gave nebraska fans shit about.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

M Club wrote: eh, i don't care about the actual reasons. just think it's humorous how last year y'all were "peace out, nebraska bitterman, don't let the door hit you on the way out" but as soon as any of your schools get a love note from some other conference you pick up the exact line of reasoning you gave nebraska fans shit about.
that the refs were cheating for the Big XII? that we were virtuous and loyal but everyone else was mean and bad?
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

^^^^

according to the rest of the country anything south of the virginias and east of Colorado/NM is the "south".
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

This isn't about what you think the SEC will do, it is going to Texas(aTm) and Missouri. That is the facts, and it's been the facts for months.

#15 to SEC will probably be NC State
#16 will be the surprise. FSU,Clemson, and Ga tech have no shot, because of agreement with SC,FLA,GA.

Also, when it's done, the MU and aTm to SEC, the SEC will be starting their own network, SEC TV. And with Dallas and St.louis(#21 market) and KC(#31 market), they will sell it, and it will make hand over fist for SEC schools. Rumors are, after SEC Network is started, and by the way, SEC is reopening it's contracts with ESPN and CBS, because of adding the new markets(it's in their contract), that each SEC school will pull in 34-40Mil per season from Tier 1 and Tier 2 rights. And the big rumors are, that Comcast/NBC are going to be a player for SEC Network. Both feel slighted as CBS,ABC,and ESPN reap benefits of BCS conferences and Day and night games. I read where NBC/Comcast had hoped SEC could totally re open their contracts, because NBC would be a major bidder.

I'll say it again, B1G, ACC, and SEC are conferences, they all are thriving or will, with revenue sharing and new Conference Contracts and channels. That is what conferences do, they make sure the conference is strong, not take a shit on everyone, any chance they get!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Oklahoma is hard to figure. it's the 46th state. i don't buy that OK is the "midwest", it's got more flava than that...and we have rodeo and shit. as for the "south". it is south of the mason-dixon line and many of the tribes fought with the CSA against the Union (like Missouri and Bill Quantrill did). i grew up eating cornbread. i'm part Cherokee.
"
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

M Club wrote: eh, i don't care about the actual reasons. just think it's humorous how last year y'all were "peace out, nebraska bitterman, don't let the door hit you on the way out" but as soon as any of your schools get a love note from some other conference you pick up the exact line of reasoning you gave nebraska fans shit about.
Over the wall! Point blank on the mark! Rack it.
King Crimson wrote:that the refs were cheating for the Big XII? that we were virtuous and loyal but everyone else was mean and bad?
These are your opinions, not typical NU fans. You'll never be convinced otherwise. The real NU fan knows the B1G was a far better opportunity with stability than the shit you're still dealing with. You base your facts (or lack thereof) on media honks that have an agenda. Do you really think bitching about officiating (everyone bitches at some point) would compel a school to leave a conference? The shit didn't happen until after NU was leaving..(A&M game.) Texas in the Big 12 champ game was on the final play, it was what it was, some NU fans cry about it, others don't. Same as any other fan base..but not to you, all 1.8 million people in Nebraska were bitching, right? You'd know, you're in Ganja Colorado, so you must have your fingers on the pulse of Nebraska. I live in Nebraska, I know the truth about how NU fans feel about the Big 12.You don't. Most miss the Missouri's Kansas St's Oklahoma's, but the trade-off was a no-brainier. We didn't leave just because your big brother is a dick or we feel we were jobbed in two separate games played in Texas against Texas schools, or we are virtuous over anyone in the league, (that's your master's mantra)..What Osborne had a hard-on for was Dan Beebe hand-jobbing Texas, maybe you can enlighten me as to why he lost his job? Funny how he was exposed and fired as the Texas undercover agent he was long after Osborne tried to tell the minions what was going on.... no one cared to listen, "Nebraska is just bitching."
We left for greener pastures and we're solid as a rock in one of the two the best overall conferences in the nation. Even if Texas was just half the dick they were (are) we'd still have jumped to join the B1G. Anyone not named Texas' little puppet would have too. (Rack you A&M..i.e. Bill Byrne..ex NU A.D.) But bitter Big 12 leftovers have to have something to cry about.
We're happy... you're still in a shithole conference that has no idea where it's heading. Say what you will, Osborne got his revenge, I'm sure he smiles every night knowing the lemmings are now about to go over the ledge and the conference that was the old Big 8 will never resemble anything like it again.
I hope Missouri bolts! Short of a full frontal lobotomy, they should.

Oh and "Guns Up!"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

M Club wrote:just think it's humorous how last year y'all were "peace out, nebraska bitterman, don't let the door hit you on the way out" but as soon as any of your schools get a love note from some other conference you pick up the exact line of reasoning you gave nebraska fans shit about.
I don't recall that being the case.
I was probably all rustered that Nebraska got picked over Mizzou.
I was certainly glad the black shirts weren't around to give Mizzou's offense any more twisted ankles and concussions.
I wanted the conference to admit fault and give credit to Mizzou for the win in that game where the Nub WR kicked the ball into the air.
I certainly understood the reasons for leaving because they were the same reasons Mizzou was trying to leave at that time.

It wasn't like all this stuff suddenly.
Last edited by Bizzarofelice on Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

King Crimson wrote:Oklahoma is hard to figure. it's the 46th state. i don't buy that OK is the "midwest", it's got more flava than that...and we have rodeo and shit. as for the "south". it is south of the mason-dixon line and many of the tribes fought with the CSA against the Union (like Missouri and Bill Quantrill did). i grew up eating cornbread. i'm part Cherokee.

There's a lot of the south in Missouri. Especially the parts I never want to go to. Strike that; the parts that I love but are populated by people that I wish would stupid themselves out of the genepool. Southern Missouri is beautiful but filled with stupid. Luckily those people are suspicious of any institution whose name ends with "High School" let alone those whose name begins with "University of" so they aren't much of an influence on Mizzou's future.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Cornhusker wrote: You'd know, you're in Ganja Colorado, so you must have your fingers on the pulse of Nebraska. I live in Nebraska, I know the truth about how NU fans feel about the Big 12.You don't.

Oh and "Guns Up!"

there are a crapton of NU fans in Northern Colorado and in the Denver area....so, frankly, i think your comment here shows YOUR ignorance, not mine. my nextdoor neighbors are NU fans and drive to Lincoln from Boulder every Friday NU plays at home. nice guy, but like a trained chimp...he intones the same crap you guys do. and the Big XII ref cheating part (even though NU was still one of the most penalized team in the nation last year OOC and in conference). i've also read enough of Lee Barfknecht and Tom Shatel to know that you guys have more rally 'round the flag propaganda than actual journalism. this is a point i've made many times on this board...that NU fan doesn't know how to respond to criticism since all it's media is "supportive" and no in-state rival or instate rival media writers or major metro area to offer alternative viewpoints. it's all GBR all the time.

"Gun's up".....classy. at least you aren't making it sniping or personal.
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
King Crimson wrote:Oklahoma is hard to figure. it's the 46th state. i don't buy that OK is the "midwest", it's got more flava than that...and we have rodeo and shit. as for the "south". it is south of the mason-dixon line and many of the tribes fought with the CSA against the Union (like Missouri and Bill Quantrill did). i grew up eating cornbread. i'm part Cherokee.

There's a lot of the south in Missouri. Especially the parts I never want to go to. Strike that; the parts that I love but are populated by people that I wish would stupid themselves out of the genepool. Southern Missouri is beautiful but filled with stupid. Luckily those people are suspicious of any institution whose name ends with "High School" let alone those whose name begins with "University of" so they aren't much of an influence on Mizzou's future.
Funny how all those folk sport Cardinal lids.

Some of us are still waiting for Kansas to surrender...
Journalism Scholar Emeritus Screw_Marcus wrote:Oh OK, so what's legal and what's not determines if something is right or not?
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Truman wrote:Funny how all those folk sport Cardinal lids.
:lol:
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Truman wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:

I guess they are smart enough to affiliate themselves with the World Series Champs as opposed to the Trade Deadline sellers on the western edge of the state.

get a brain morans
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Papa Willie wrote:I really don't mind flaps flapping in the wind.

Wait - wrong board.

'salright. We all motorboat Ole Miss.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Bizzarofelice wrote:
Truman wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:Missouri...populated by people that I wish would stupid themselves out of the genepool. Southern Missouri is beautiful but filled with stupid.
I guess they are smart enough to affiliate themselves with the World Series Champs.
So all Tard fans should breed themselves out of existence?

Works for me. 8)
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Like i stated before, it was a done deal. And was in motion, while aTm was working on their move, SEC and Missouri waited for Big12 to collapse, instead Bevo got his beyatches back in line, and back into Big12, found a few suckers(wvu tcu) So, MU ans SEC had to wait, as neither wanted to be sued. Now it's finally worked out by lawyers and Good Bye Massa Bevo and his bitches, get your asses back on that plantation, Bevo needs that extra $$$.

Missouri #14 in SEC Official presser at 430pmcentral

They will be in SEC East

Road trips galore
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

King Crimson wrote: i've also read enough of Lee Barfknecht and Tom Shatel to know that you guys have more rally 'round the flag propaganda than actual journalism. this is a point i've made many times on this board...that NU fan doesn't know how to respond to criticism since all it's media is "supportive" and no in-state rival or instate rival media writers or major metro area to offer alternative viewpoints. it's all GBR all the time.
Ha, if you REALLY read Lee Barfknecht you'd know he's anything but a homer slant. He writes for the OWH but his duties involved all things Big 12 and now all things Big 10. He doesn't write specifically for NU apologists and is actually controversial.

He voted for Michigan in '97 for N.C. and he's never backed down from his choice..tell me you knew...is that what a homer would do?

I agree NU fan is a pain in the ass..a good deal of them make me sick and are indeed myopic... I'm as critical as anyone of this program, but you like to lump ANYONE associated with you're generalized understanding of a fan base as the end all be all.
You assume if a writer feels a certain way, everyone that buys that paper (which I don't) and lives within the borders, is as naive as the guy selling papers to the believers.

If you REALLY read those two guys articles in the OWH you'd have come across-ed a guy named Dirk Chatelain, now that guy has guts and has Pelini hiding in the bushes...him, I like. He had Pelini so pissed off Pelini actually mentioned his critical article at a post game presser nearly causing Bo to bust a vein. Funny stuff, but somewhat uncomfortable to witness.

You mention two deans in our media but fail to acknowledge the numerous younger guys that have backbone...again, you're too far from the truth.

I can drop Barry Trammel's name...I'm sure he's had his share of sunshine pumping through-out the years. You're around a program long enough you're bound to shine a knob or two.

It's Steve Sipple (LJS) that mows Pelini's yard, he's the only real apologist I've seen on a consistent bases in these parts since the Solich days. You're point would make some sense if you mentioned him, but you didn't.

Count on this, Pelini is a full time douche bag to the media, his embarrassing loss Saturday will circulate bloody waters I believe in the very near future. I'll be happy to dropped you a few C&Ps to show you what the media here is REALLY like if you please.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Tramel is an idiot but at least he has to serve two masters in OKC. If you think Tramel is an OU honk, his character assassination of Jeff Capel was a thing to behold. he ripped the guy endlessly. right or wrong, there was something untoward about it. There is only one master in NE. Barfknecht is like many Huskers, he only discovered "dissent" after he turned on Frankie and Bill Callahan broke his heart after inventing the forward pass.
"