OU -21 against Mizzou

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

OU -21 against Mizzou

Post by Moby Dick »

mizzoufan thoughts?

if Adel can get away from hacking his way thru Black Ops i'm down for a sig bet.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Re: OU -21 against Mizzou

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Oklahoma will be able to score many points. Mizzou will be unable to score a touchdown.

47-9
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Fuck Stoops, fuck the Sooners and fuck their arrogant fanbase, especially that dick Froz.

MU - 35
OU - 31

yeah, I said it.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

week after beating a top 5 team on the road is not ideal from a Sooner perspective, but better than the week before Texas re: a letdown (see Colorado 07).

haven't seen Mizzou, but i know they didn't cover for me in Week 1 pickem and lost to ASU. mobile QB gives OU problems over the years, but no reason to go against OU at home. -21 is maybe a lot, so i'd stay away personally.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I agree with much of what is being said but OU also has a history of handing out severe beat downs to conference foes at home after losing to them the previous year. It's almost an the Bob Stoops MO. I've seen a lot better Mizzou teams get crushed by lesser OU squads. I would still normally stay away from a game like this but I took OU in the pick 'em simply out of a lack of others games I also felt comfortable with choosing either side.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Fuck Stoops, fuck the Sooners and fuck their arrogant fanbase, especially that dick Froz.
Froz is a dick? Am I missing some sarcasm here?
I believe he lit Whitey up pretty good in another thread. Happy googling.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

First off, FSU is not a top5 team, maybe not even a top20 team.

OU will take MU to the wood shed. I might actually unload on OU - the 21. MU defense, who should of been a bright spot, has been horrible, injuries or not, they have been horrible.

Hopefully OU kills the Big12(leaving for pac16), then lays the wood(-21), and MU announces their going to SEC. I would call that a great weekend. You have to be realistic when following your team, and i always call a fraud, a fraud. And this MU team is not very good, could they be better later in season, sure, as they have the talent on defense, especially DL and LB, but the secondary still has no clue how to locate the bal lwhen its thrown. They could be a 6 win team or a 9 win team, they are that unpredictable.

I'll take your sig bet moby. And just because i rape at COD, and you need a full clip to kill 1 guy, doesn't make me a booster!

and my pick to play in BCS: LSU/bama vs Wisky Wisky finally has a QB who can win games, one who can make a big throw, when a team commits to stopping the run. They can win it all, if they continue getting good QB play. Always a punishing running team, who finally has a legit QB.

Also, LOL at WVU, they so wanted to be in the SEC, that they applied and were rejected.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mizzou to the SEC?

RAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

Sin,
Mississippi State and Vandy
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Dinsdale wrote:Mizzou to the SEC?

RAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

Sin,
Mississippi State and Vandy
MU actually has been good vs the meat grinder, past and present. they would certainly be a mid table, with a 1 or 2 runs at competing for a top tier bowl a decade team. Now they would have to completely change their recruiting ways. No more soft, finesse teams. Bigger, stronger, and physical up front on both lines, and bigger at Rb. Linebackers would also have to get bigger. Big12 spread has ruined many of the defenses, as they go undersized to try and keep up with no huddle spreads. Then, when they face physical lines they usually get pushed around.

Not that it means much( stats from a kool aid guzzler on tigerboard)

Mizzou all time record vs the SEC:

Alabama - 2-1
Arkansas - 3-2
Auburn - 1-0
Georgia - 0-1
Florida - 1-0
Kentucky - 1-2
LSU - 1-0
Ole Miss - 5-1
Miss St - 2-0
S. Car - 2-0
Vandy - 2-1-1
Tenn - 0-0

For an overall record of 20-8-1
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

we've been good against the SEC but that's because we played home and home with a subpar ole miss. Watching Patrick Willis was amazing but beyond that Ole Miss was a trainwreck. and McFadden had an off day in the bowl game we handled Arkansas readily.

I'm worried about lines in the SEC that weigh 2K pounds per side. Texas and Oklahoma lines kill our little guys. By the end of the game our lineman are tired from having 400 pound heifers sit on them.

right now mizzou has no quarterback. we have a tight end throwing passes. last year's Tiger team would have been fourth in the SEC. This year would probably be 8th.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote:right now mizzou has no quarterback. we have a tight end throwing passes.
Franklin lit up ASU pretty well for being a TE.

He's not there yet being just a soph, but I think after some more experience he'll as good, or better, than Brad Smith.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

War Wagon wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:right now mizzou has no quarterback. we have a tight end throwing passes.
Franklin lit up ASU pretty well for being a TE.
he missed a lot of open receivers. a lot.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Bizzarofelice wrote: he missed a lot of open receivers. a lot.
mebbe so, but he hit a lot of them in the hands as well.

Going into the season, I thought the biggest question mark was QB but that performance in the desert encouraged me greatly, despite it being a loss. Now the question is, as always, the pathetic secondary getting toasted like marshmallows.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Well, now lookee here!

A throw-down, hoe-down challenge from MobilahomaFan.

Appropriate too. I can see where that ass-whoopin’ we laid on you in Columbia last year might find you dreamin’ of ocean waves and easier competition, and find you bent on loadin’ the schooners and headin’ west out of the dustbowl that is now the XII. Even money sez Bakersfield has a big welcome mat laid out for you modern-day Joads….

Still, it’s hard to cotton why the PAC would want to add a couple of schools whose state’s biggest tourist attraction is a Mickey D’s that spans over (‘sup Dins) four lanes of Interstate, and whose liquor stores proudly sell warm beer to encourage the average penitent to pray for forgiveness while his brew cools at home. Hell, a car trip to Texas will cost you a minimum of six bucks , even if you don’t stop to pee.

Anywho, I can’t believe Alden even scheduled this game.

Hell, bad enough we already lost to one PAC team on the road – in a game they had circled since February (really ASU?). And now we gotta square off against the best that kitten-conference has to offer? Why couldn’t have Alden schedule a perennial under-achiever like Oregon or USC, or even low-rent Kal?! Hell, the Bores are rebuilding their stadium on a fault line, and could probably use the check…

So we haven’t beaten you itinerants in Norman since the Johnson administration (Lyndon, not Andrew). We got you fuckers right where we want you.

And I don’t care how sick your defense is, or how many Florida State players you all sent to the hospital last week:

I ain’t given' you no points, Moby, no matter how hard you beg. You sissies are gonna hafta earn it.

You proudly wear my sig until your next defeat – or until the season ends. Whichever comes first. And I’ll do the same.

(See y’all) Laters 31
Tiggers 28
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

OU and MU will play for the 96th time. All-time record 66-24-5. 16 of MU's wins and 4 of the ties were before 1945.

http://soonerstats.com/football/series/ ... m?oppid=15
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote:OU and MU will play for the 96th time. All-time record 66-24-5. 16 of MU's wins and 4 of the ties were before 1945.
yeah, but we're getting harder to beat these days.

sorta'.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

King Crimson wrote:OU and MU will play for the 96th time. All-time record 66-24-5. 16 of MU's wins and 4 of the ties were before 1945.

http://soonerstats.com/football/series/ ... m?oppid=15
And the last one came last year. And ALL of 'em are Ancient History. The Japs haven't attacked us in 70 years, either. Point KC42?

Lighten up, Francis. Anyone else up in this bitch willing to poke a stick at a rattler? TejasFan doesn't count - 'specially since he's busy out washing your car. This may be the last time we get to do this for a spell...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Wow, I tend to try and stay away from state smack because I have lived all over the damn map . . . but did Truman, a resident of Methissouri, refer to Oklahoma as Mobilhoma? Seriously? Damn . . . I hate admitting that the majority of my family hales from Kansas and Missouri . . . but have you ever been through such towns as Mexico, Missouri? It has one Military academy that is 75% Mexican and and 15 trailer parks and that's considered a good part of Misery because there isn't a meth lab every 2 blocks. The parts of the state not like that are responsible for Nelly and crack cocaine.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Truman wrote:whose liquor stores proudly sell warm beer
You're silly.

A friend told me if you wander into one of those liquor/convenience store combos around 9:30 (whether or not the door is locked), the police will show up en masse and speak with loud, direct voices for thirty minutes or so.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Truman wrote: This may be the last time we get to do this for a spell...
that's what i was thinking as i posted. doubt we see the Century edition of OU-MU anytime soon.
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

SunCoastSooner wrote:that's considered a good part of Misery because there isn't a meth lab every 2 blocks.
Mexico ain't terrible. its just rural. the southern part of the state might as well be arkansas. no industry beyond government assistance and dentists are looked upon as wizards.

fatsak was from nearby moberly
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Mizzou fan is fucked.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Truman wrote: And the last one came last year. And ALL of 'em are Ancient History. The Japs haven't attacked us in 70 years, either. Point KC42?
this is always an interesting play....last year we beat you but history doesn't matter. Indy champed that one not so long ago, too.

if Gabbert had stayed i might give MU a shot. a shot. as it is, i think OU comes out flat but scores at will in the 2nd half. usual Pinkel, OU runs the ball...wins. MU scores some with the mobile qb but it ain't enough.

38-20, OU.
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

King Crimson wrote:if Gabbert had stayed i might give MU a shot. a shot. as it is, i think OU comes out flat but scores at will in the 2nd half. usual Pinkel, OU runs the ball...wins. MU scores some with the mobile qb but it ain't enough.

38-20, OU.
Not seein' the premium you all put on Gabs, but I'd say your take is probably about as good as any. The only positive Mizzou can draw on today at Owen Field is at least they took the hump out of the middle of the field and Sooners won't be running downhill when they roll over the Tiger D.

BTW, OU can throw the ball too - if it wants to. Color me less than impressed with the Mizzou secondary. If the Tigers lauded front seven struggles to mount a pass rush against arguably the best O-Line in the country, it's gonna be a looonnngggg day for Missouri's young D-backs.[/marcus]
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

good game so far.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Franklin is pretty good, too bad his receivers can't catch passes that hit them in the hands.

21 unanswered points, it could get ugly in the 2nd half.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Truman wrote:Hell, bad enough we already lost to one PAC team on the road – in a game they had circled since February (really ASU?).
Dude, we're talking about a school whose "one shining moment" came in a September OOC game against Nebraska 15 years ago. A home game against Mizzou is big-time around these parts. I've met a couple decent ASU fans here, but by and large, they have one of the least knowledgeable fair-weather fan bases I've ever encountered...
"Keys, woman!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote: 38-20, OU.
close enough and a good call for horseshoes, hand grenades and pick'em against the spread games.

See you next year in Columbia, I reckon.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

how did this game go? I got too sloshed to pay close attention. all I remember was ressel missing a couple and franklin getting his ankles tied up over and over as her went up the middle. josey had a couple good runs. did franklin hit his receivers? did our o-line give him time?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Bizzarofelice wrote:did franklin hit his receivers?
He kept throwing to a bad spot - right in their hands. I guess Mizzou receivers prefer a challenge.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:did franklin hit his receivers?
He kept throwing to a bad spot - right in their hands. I guess Mizzou receivers prefer a challenge.
i recall an RB sittin wide open at the 5 letting a good throw go through his hands. Jackson #29. At least we had more than one of our four RBs healthy.

yeah, I said "we". just a phrase. don't mean I think I was a pivotal member of the team.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

BTW, RACK Gus Johnson calling the game. I was waiting for him to find a way to mix in "Puuuuure."
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

looked a lot to me like OU took over the game in the 2nd Q.

31 unanswered points is generally a W for the Sooners. not a lot of "ifs" and "buts" about it. not real happy to give up 500 yards....but, that's Venables love/hate.

MU scores late for the final margin of 10. i like Franklin though. Josey, too. MU is a lot better up-front than they were a few years ago.

let's go Mizzou, beat OSU or UT or ATM...whatever the schedule is.
"
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

King Crimson wrote:looked a lot to me like OU took over the game in the 2nd Q.

31 unanswered points is generally a W for the Sooners. not a lot of "ifs" and "buts" about it. not real happy to give up 500 yards....but, that's Venables love/hate.

MU scores late for the final margin of 10. i like Franklin though. Josey, too. MU is a lot better up-front than they were a few years ago.

let's go Mizzou, beat OSU or UT or ATM...whatever the schedule is.
Yep. Hard to generate any true vitriol against your bunch, KC. Maybe if we were to scratch one out in Norman someday things might get a bit more testy, but the OU Fans I know in RL are as good as it gets. I know that I'll be right there beside them drinking their beer and rooting on their Sooners in whatever BCS Bowl Game they play in come January. BTW...
Truman wrote:OU can throw the ball too - if it wants to.
Hate when I'm right. I know half the Board is ready to award the MNC to the SEC Champion, but i still say that road travels through Owen Field. Oklahoma is the best ball club in America, hands down.

At least it looks like we've got a better-than-even chance of doing all this shit again together next year. I'da missed your fuckers. What a difference a week makes....