5 greatest bands in Rock History!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

5 greatest bands in Rock History!

Post by bradhusker »

ok, we all know I am an expert on the KING, BUT, did you guys also know that I am a HUGE zep fan as well? SO, without any further adu, let me introduce you homers to the 5 greatest rock bands in the history of the world, OH, and dont try to deebunk me here, I've already put 30 years of research into this topic, painstaking research indeed.

1. Led Zeppelin
2. The Beatles
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Who
5. The Rolling Stones

Now, I know that ive left off some of your favorite bands, BUT WHO GIVES A FUCK? This isnt an opinion thread, its a FACT based thread compiled with years and years of knowledge. These five GOD BAVDS all hail from Great Britan, and they ALL have huge amounts of SWAGGER in the world of rock, and I might add, in the world of music in general.

They ALL enjoy record setting sales, BUT, they share something much more impressive in common, MASSIVE CRITICAL ACCLAIM.
and, ONCE you get the kind of critical acclaim these guys have, its a DONE DEAL. case closed.

SO, does anyone have the BALLS to debunk this list? Or the brain power to even try to say I'm wrong here?
It's Rock n Roll BABY, and I like it, The kind of music these GODS play makes rap and hip hop seem like fairy music.
I mean seriously?

DO you guys remember LIVE 8 from 2005? Remember all the rap and hip hop throughout the day and evening? THEN, like MAGIC, darkness falls, and pigs start flying, PINK FLOYD takes the center stage!! AND suddenly, ALL the rappers and hip hoppers are stunned into dis-belief, and their already low self esteems are taken to a newer level so low as to make suicide seem like sheer bliss.

Sudddenly the rappers and hip hoppers ALL went home, they realized that what they call music is suddenly dogshit. YES SIR, next to the royalty and Majesty of PINK FLOYD? rap seems like a steaming pile of filthy shit. I'll never forget that evening in the summer of 2005, when pigs flew, and the world of the 21st century got to see GODS take center stage.
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: 5 greatest bands in Rock History!

Post by Screw_Michigan »

bradhusker wrote: 1. Led Zeppelin
2. The Beatles
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Who
5. The Rolling Stones
Word! --Whitey, Slobbering Sam, Clear Channel

Who gives a fuck? --Everyone else
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

R-Jack to the checkouts, please...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I'm OK with that list. You got number one right. The rest are more or less a matter of personal preference. As much as I'd like to bump the Stones off that list for pretty much sucking the last 3 decades, their first 15 years are so good, I can't.

How 'bout your next 5?

Mine are....

6. Rush Personally I put them number 2 behind LZ, but, i realize that some just don't get them.
7. The Eagles
8. VH
9. Yes
10. ?????? gimme a few minutes to think about it.

spose i'll take queen for number 10.
Last edited by smackaholic on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

smackaholic wrote:I'm OK with that list. You got number one right. The rest are more or less a matter of personal preference. As much as I'd like to bump the Stones off that list for pretty much sucking the last 3 decades, their first 15 years are so good, I can't.

How 'bout your next 5?

Mine are....

6. Rush Personally I put them number 2 behind LZ, but, i realize that some just don't get them.
7. The Eagles
8. VH
9. Yes
10. ?????? gimme a few minutes to think about it.
DAMM smack? you and I have similar taste in music, and, your right about the stones, those first 15 years are GOD LIKE in the annals of music history.

As for RUSH? They're freakin amazing!!! so, they will start the next 5,

6. RUSH

I need a few hours to contemplate this list,
I'll pull you out of that one bunk hilton and cast you down with the sodomites. The warden, shawshank redemption.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Truman wrote:R-Jack to the checkouts, please...
nothin to see here, move on pleeese, "price check on VAGASIL, please, isle 7, VAGASIL"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

no surprises in your record collection
The Assassin
Raider Fan

Post by The Assassin »

Sly and the Family Stone called and he says fuck you and your list.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I think by "completely bald," he means "rockin the mullet."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

No particular order:

Zep
Floyd
Alice in Chains
Devo
B-52s

Yeah, I know. Call it male menopause.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Carson wrote:No particular order:

Zep
Floyd
Alice in Chains
Devo
B-52s

Yeah, I know. Call it male menopause.
if you want to put AIC, devo and B-52s on the same list with LZ and PF, fine, but, it had damn well better have an order. IMO, LZ is so far out ahead of the pack it's ridiculous. they are just that good. i can honestly say they never made a shitty song that i'm aware of. i'm a big beatles fan, but, they did make their fair share of dreadful tunes. same goes for any other group i an think of.
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

1.....The Beatles
2.....Led Zeppelin
3.....The Who
4.....Pink Floyd
5.....Rush

Honorable Mention: The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:i can honestly say they never made a shitty song that i'm aware of.
Tangerine called to make fun of your memory.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:i can honestly say they never made a shitty song that i'm aware of.
not there best work, but, far from a shitty song.

but, i guess shitty is in the eye of the beholder.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
not there best work, but, far from a shitty song.

but, i guess shitty is in the eye of the beholder.

They should change the name of that one song from Poor Tom to Poor Listener.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

For the record -- Walter didn't Walk... he ran from that shit.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Carson wrote:Alice in Chains
Arguably the most overrated band ever. They are the Creed of grunge.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

agreed. aic has three good songs and many terrible ones.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Cosmo Kramer wrote:5.....Rush
I'm pretty surprised such a simple-minded, easily-amused and wet-brained fucktard like yourself would be down with Rush.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

bradhusker wrote:DAMM smack? you and I have similar taste in music
Crazy. I've never met a baby boomer into Floyd, Zep, and The Who.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Dinsdale wrote:Tangerine called to make fun of your memory.
:x
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

2. The Beatles
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Who
5. The Rolling Stones
The Beatles are on a separate list. And they are the only name on that list. They are like the founding fathers, the Mount Rushmore of Rock.

The top 3 on the next list are of course LZ, PF and The Who... in any particular order. After that, there's tons of good bands but it's not worth debate. If pressed, I'd probably say Eric Clapton and Cream.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

bradhusker wrote:OH, and dont try to deebunk me here, I've already put 30 years of research into this topic, painstaking research indeed.
Please summarize your methodology in specific detail. Take your time.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:For Jew's sakes, PLEASE give us your top 5. I need a big LOL today.
Off the top of my head...

1. Belle and Sebastian
2. Pearl Jam
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Pink Floyd
5. Wolf Parade
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

War Wagon wrote:
2. The Beatles
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Who
5. The Rolling Stones
The Beatles are on a separate list. And they are the only name on that list. They are like the founding fathers, the Mount Rushmore of Rock.

The top 3 on the next list are of course LZ, PF and The Who... in any particular order. After that, there's tons of good bands but it's not worth debate. If pressed, I'd probably say Eric Clapton and Cream.
SORRY war, BUT, you can forget the "founding fathers" bullcrap right now, John Lennon and Paul Mccartney THEMSELVES, would tell you that the REAL founding fathers of rock n roll are , Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, etc.

YOU got a problem with what I just said???? Because if you do, then you are not dealing with a full deck.

JOHN LENNON, and I quote, "Before Elvis, there was nothing" end quote. Do you understand what that quote by Lennon means???

THINK very carefully before you answer that one? very carefully.

When we discuss this topic, we are treading on hallowed ground here, rock n roll royalty has a definitive pecking order here, and, if you are not aware of this, then, you are just a dimwitted pecker.

Remember, I am just bradhusker, ive put in the 30 years of research on this topic, John Lennon, one of rocks GODS, has spoken in hushed and hallowed tones about the KING, so, when discussing this topic, you need to know who is the big COCK OF THE WALK, so to speak.

any questions?
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Toddowen wrote:The only band that should be excluded in this discussion is Rush. They're even worse than Van Halen and Boston combined for cuuurrice sakes...and that is pretty fukken bad.

To me, Rush is to rock and roll what cats are to pet ownership.

You're never going to understand what on earth drives a person to possibly want and cherish a cat as a pet.

All you can do is react with a jowl shaking shiver of the head, one of these: :meds: , and think "There goes a prime pathological example of blind faith if there ever was one."
HOLD ON just one minute here? You cant understand the joys of owning a cute cuddly little kitty?
I'll go one better than you? How can you understand a person owning a 20 foot python? or a hairy turantula or brown recluse?
Imagine petting a scorpion or black widow??

YET people actually own snakes, snakes? GUESS WHAT? if you forget to feed a 25 foot python? It will eat you while you sleep, probably strangle the life outta you first, but you know. And how is it comforting to pet a hairy turantula?

With kittens and cats, they are the warm blooded and soft and furry little cousins of the BIG cats in the wild. They purr like a motorcycle engine at low rev, they are loyal and loving creatures, who give love and joy to any family.

Even mike tyson owns a cat, a big cat, but a cat nonetheless.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

mvscal wrote:
bradhusker wrote:OH, and dont try to deebunk me here, I've already put 30 years of research into this topic, painstaking research indeed.
Please summarize your methodology in specific detail. Take your time.
Take my time? you want me to summarize over 30 years of research and dumb it down for a simpleton tone deaf guy like you?
What makes you think that even after I break it down for you, that you would understand or even appreciate my wisdom?

Let me make this simple for you, first, I will quote a rock GOD named John Lennon, direct quote, "Before Elvis, there was nothing" end quote.

Now, call me crazy, BUT if you still dont get it, after hearing a quote from one of rock n rolls' GODS, you need to turn yourself in to the proper authorities.

asap.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

bradhusker wrote: any questions?
Did you type all that with a straight face in Grand Island or Bellevue?

I know the Beatles influence, gooftroop, and my take stands. If not for the Beatles, the British invasion doesn't happen and we may have never heard the likes of a LZ, PF, or The Who.

oh, and Todd is a certified suicidal miscreant who works nights so it's no surprise he doesn't like cats... or Rush.
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

War Wagon wrote:
bradhusker wrote: any questions?
Did you type all that with a straight face in Grand Island or Bellevue?

I know the Beatles influence, gooftroop, and my take stands. If not for the Beatles, the British invasion doesn't happen and we may have never heard the likes of a LZ, PF, or The Who.

oh, and Todd is a certified suicidal miscreant who works nights so it's no surprise he doesn't like cats... or Rush.
WAR, no kidding!! I agree with you 100 percent about the beatles, I love them!! HOWEVER? what the fuck do you think a young John Lennon and a young paul mccartney were listenning to in Liverpool in 1955 and 1956??? What the fuck do you think a young and impressionable Jimmy page was listenning to in 1956????

I'll tell you!!!!! Jimmy page was listenning to elvis presley's "Baby lets play house", and thats all it took for him, Page said, it was like i'd just been struck by a lightenning bolt!! I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, after hearing elvis sing, "baby lets play house"

paul mccartney and john lennon were listenning to chuck berry, elvis presley and little richard!!!!!!!!

so, the british invasion which was started by the beatles, had its roots in the good old USA!!!!!

ALWAYS remember the chain of influence here, its really simple to follow.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

funny. all those years the beatles spent being a cover band, they covered artists who were playing before Elvis. Maybe John Lennon has a warped sense of time.
why is my neighborhood on fire
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Music is an art and not a competition, so making a list like this is mostly a matter of taste.
Who am I to argue with someone else's taste in music?

Given the five bands listed by 'tardhusker, I would personally rank them as follows:

1. The Rolling Stones - creativity, diversity, hit-after-hit, tremendous influence, talent

2. The Beatles - never personally liked them that much - for reasons Todd cited, but they go at #2 because I respect what Wagon said regarding them

3. Led Zeppelin - phenomenal group, actually probably gaining in popularity after they split up

4. The Who - overrated slightly, imo, but ahead of their time - and produced some very interesting music

5. Pink Floyd - never liked them and have always considered them highly overrated
bradhusker
Certified Cockologist

Post by bradhusker »

Bizzarofelice wrote:funny. all those years the beatles spent being a cover band, they covered artists who were playing before Elvis. Maybe John Lennon has a warped sense of time.
OK, I guess I must explain this to you!! What did John Lennon mean by what he said, "Before Elvis, there was nothing"

OF course there was music before Elvis, what John lennon was saying, was that when he was in his young and informative teenage years, growing up in Liverpool, when he heard Elvis Presley, It was like being struck by lightenning!!!!

Blacks were singin the blues, whites were singin country western, jazz was jazz, swing was swing, big band was big band,

BUT ELVIS WAS ROCKABILLY!!! What John Lennon was trying to say was that , "Nothing really affected me, until Elvis",

and, not just elvis, but also chuck berry, buddy holly, jerry lee, little richard, gene vincent, the big bopper, fats, bill haley and his comets, and the list goes on and on and on and on, do ya understand????

CATCH MY DRIFT??? When jimmy page was a young impressionable LAD growing up in england, and elvis sang, "oh baby, baby baby, oh baby, baby, baby, come back baby, I wanna play house with you" EVERYTHING BECAME CLEAR!!!

THE rock GOD Jimmy page of the GOD group Led Zeppelin, said, and I quote, "when I heard elvis' Baby lets play house, right then, it all became clear", "I knew what I wanted to do for the rest of my life", end quote.

I hope this clears things up for you guys.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Toddowen wrote:blind faith
Nice little band, but they didn't stay together long enough to be considered in this conversation.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Toddowen wrote:blind faith
Nice little band, but they didn't stay together long enough to be considered in this conversation.
Right up there with the Travelling Wilburys
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

or Procol Harem.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

^^^^^^^
Didn't get it
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

AC/DC
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

MuchoBulls wrote:AC/DC
"Damn straight. Throw on some AC/DC and get ready for some sweet lovin'."

Sincerely, Wags
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Who said anything about 'sweet'?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:or Procol Harem.

Earned a solid :facepalm: with that bit of stupid.