It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Obammy's pissed.

Post by Mikey »

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0 ... -in-chief/
Conceder In Chief

Amanda Marcotte is right: of course the big problem is the craziness of the GOP. That said, I am among those in a state of suppressed rage and panic over the president’s negotiating strategy.

I’d like to believe that it’s all 11-dimensional political chess; but at this point — after the midterm debacle, after the big concession on taxes without even getting a raise in the debt limit — what evidence do we have that Obama knows what he’s doing?

It’s very hard to avoid the impression that three things are going on:

1. Obama really just isn’t that into Democratic priorities. He really doesn’t much care about preserving Medicare for all seniors, keeping Social Security intact, and so on.

2. What he is into is his vision of himself as a figure who can transcend the partisan divide. He imagines that he can be the one who brings about a big transformation that settles disputes for decades to come — and has been unwilling to drop that vision no matter how many times the GOP shows itself utterly uninterested in anything except gaining the upper hand.

3. As a result, he can’t or won’t see what’s obvious to everyone else: that any Grand Bargain will last precisely as long as Democrats control the Senate and the White House, and will be torn up in favor of privatization and big tax cuts for the wealthy as soon as the GOP has the chance.

I hope I’m wrong about all this. But when has Obama given progressives any reason to believe they can trust him?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Obama hasn't given anyone any reason to believe he's anything other than a clueless dope in wayyyyyyyy over his head.

nov '12 can't get here soon enough.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Papa Willie wrote:
Mikey wrote:http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0 ... -in-chief/
Conceder In Chief

Amanda Marcotte is right: of course the big problem is the craziness of the GOP. That said, I am among those in a state of suppressed rage and panic over the president’s negotiating strategy.

I’d like to believe that it’s all 11-dimensional political chess; but at this point — after the midterm debacle, after the big concession on taxes without even getting a raise in the debt limit — what evidence do we have that Obama knows what he’s doing?

It’s very hard to avoid the impression that three things are going on:

1. Obama really just isn’t that into Democratic priorities. He really doesn’t much care about preserving Medicare for all seniors, keeping Social Security intact, and so on.

2. What he is into is his vision of himself as a figure who can transcend the partisan divide. He imagines that he can be the one who brings about a big transformation that settles disputes for decades to come — and has been unwilling to drop that vision no matter how many times the GOP shows itself utterly uninterested in anything except gaining the upper hand.

3. As a result, he can’t or won’t see what’s obvious to everyone else: that any Grand Bargain will last precisely as long as Democrats control the Senate and the White House, and will be torn up in favor of privatization and big tax cuts for the wealthy as soon as the GOP has the chance.

I hope I’m wrong about all this. But when has Obama given progressives any reason to believe they can trust him?
In watching those two videos, their were two things he said that oooozed of bad things to come.

1. In talking about "Mr. Everyday American", he said "Yeah - this guy just wants to be taken care of (by the government)". Unfuckingreal. This ain't what I want.

2. He said "We just need to get an extension on the debt ceiling through next year's elections." - meaning - he wants to have it fixed in October of next year so he can get mo votes.

These cocksuckers don't give one pathetic fuck about the people in this country anymore. They don't want anything but votes - votes to keep them in their places to where they can get their asses paid-off in ways that most of us could never dream of.

I didn't think we'd see it in our lifetimes, but we may well see our gov't overthrown within the next 10-20 years - even earlier at the current pace...
i don't know if overthrown is the right word. i was thinking purchased or aquired by the chicomms.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Papa Willie wrote: At that time, Obammy & Democrats AND Republicans will come out and be all "SEE WHAT WE DID FOR YOU!!!!!!!!"?
And they'll say it elbow deep in your asshole.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

2. He said "We just need to get an extension on the debt ceiling through next year's elections."
Would be great if Barry could be a good little toddler and take his first baby step ---> by actually submitting a... plan.

Pass the ice cream.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

A look at the real Barry.

A guy who's never been told no.
He's always done what he's wanted, gotten what he's wanted, and been pushed along without opposition.

Now he faces someone who's telling him no, and he's,... well, melting.

Look at his act here.
Very funnay.

The House and Senate are a President's equal, and yet he's here ordering them around like they are his personal butlers or something.

They MUST appear before him at 11:00 - because they're gonna have some 'splainin' to do.

Sounds like a dad browbeating his 16 year old son about the dent he put on the family sled.
"Now you explain to me how you're going to pay for this!!"

:lol: :lol:

Melt on, little man.

Nevermind the fact that the House already HAS passed a paln (cut, cap, and balance) and M. McConnell had his own plan on paper before that.

Again, where is Barry's paln? :?:

He's just gonna bitch people out because the cookie isn't crumbling the way he wants?

Child.

I personally want the republicans to shove this one straight up his @ss by letting the deadline pass by making NO deal with this clown.

Put it ALL on him.

Let him deal with ramifications.

This is his economy and his budget.

There ya go, messiah.

He's the president and when things turn more sour, the people are going to blame HIM.

But I don't expect it.

Some deal will be made which raises the ceiling until after the '12 election - supposedly tied in with meaningful (Image) future cuts.

Business as usual.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:Again, where is Barry's paln? :?:
Last time I checked it went down in flames 97-0.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Pops nailed it. Barry is losing it. I think he has nowhere to turn but to make demands of the minority and majority leaders. Boehner basically telling Obama to talk to the hand has enraged the President.

This is getting good now.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Go Coogs' wrote:Boehner basically telling Obama
Boehner isn't telling anyone to do anything. Cantor has been calling the shots for weeks now.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Cantor has been calling the shots for weeks now.
LTS?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sorry. Meant to say Hook-Nosed Cantor.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

November, 2012: The End Of An Error
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Tiberious
Resident Bookie

Post by Tiberious »

The guy is a freaking joke. 2012 cannot come fast enough. Barry doesn't have a clue..

Oh yeah....... I'm back :D
You know who I am.

Make the world a better place, punch Urban Meyer in the face.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Did you bring your butt-buddy?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Obongo speaks at the level of a six year old. I guess it's so his supporters will understand.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Kansas City Kid wrote:Obongo speaks at the level of a six year old.
~sigh~ Yeah, I miss the eloquence of his predecessor.
"I see everything twice!"
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Smackie Chan wrote:

Nice IKBIBWIO smack..... :meds: (IKnowBushIsButWhatIsObongo?)
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Kansas City Kid wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote:

Nice IKBIBWIO smack..... :meds: (IKnowBushIsButWhatIsObongo?)
There are plenty of valid complaints that can be leveled at Obama. His speaking ability isn't one of them, especially when compared to any President with the last name of Bush. Except for his pronunciation of Taliban.
"I see everything twice!"
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Smackie Chan wrote:There are plenty of valid complaints that can be leveled at Obama. His teleprompter reading ability isn't one of them, especially when compared to any President with the last name of Bush. Except for his pronunciation of Taliban.
fixed.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote:Some deal will be made which raises the ceiling until after the '12 election - supposedly tied in with meaningful (Image) future cuts.

Business as usual.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Papa Willie wrote:
poptart wrote:
poptart wrote:Some deal will be made which raises the ceiling until after the '12 election - supposedly tied in with meaningful (Image) future cuts.

Business as usual.
Of course. This was nothing more than a plea for attention & votes - on BOTH sides.

both sides? democrats were happy to blindly raise the debt ceiling with no riders atached.
why is my neighborhood on fire
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Bizzarofelice wrote: both sides? democrats were happy to blindly raise the debt ceiling with no riders atached.
What can you tell me about Bacefelice?
E UNUM PLURIBUS