Best Deep Dish Pizza Joint in Chicago... MGO your thoughts?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Best Deep Dish Pizza Joint in Chicago... MGO your thoughts?

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Gonna be in Chicago next month on business. Unfortunately for me, the fucking Cubs are playing... NOT St Louis (The Nats = LAME.)

And the White Sox are playing the God damned Royals. WTF. I'll still probably take in a game at one of these venues (Wrigley), but I was hoping for some real teams to be in town.

So anyways, I figured you'd know.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Best Deep Dish Pizza Joint in Chicago... MGO your though

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Unfortunately for me, the fucking Cubs are playing... NOT St Louis
Why would the Cardinals play a home game in Chicago? :?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The best deep dish is Pequods in Lincoln Park. It's not well known amongst tourists, so you can get in without much of a wait. Avoid the more popular places like Uno's, Gino's East, and Giordano's. They suck.

If you want the best pizza in Chicago go to Piece in Wicker Park. They serve New Haven style. It's always packed, but well worth the wait. They also brew their own beer which is very good. Oh, and get it with goat cheese. Money.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Why would the Cardinals play a home game in Chicago? :?
I am pretty sure I was lamenting the fact that the Cubs were NOT playing St Louis while I was in town... not that the Cardinals were not playing a home game in Chicago.

MGO -- thanks for the advice, I will check out that Lincoln Park joint. I wouldn't go to Chicago to have Uno's, btw. :lol: We have them here in the U and R.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Just sayin'. A lot of people don't know any better. The original Uno's downtown is still a big tourist attraction.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: And the White Sox are playing the God damned Royals. WTF. I'll still probably take in a game at one of these venues (Wrigley), but I was hoping for some real teams to be in town.
You seem quite intent on irritating my last nerve. And that's fine I guess. I watched the Royals lose on a walk off balk yesterday. In 40 years of living and dying with the Royals, I'd never seen that before.

But let me get this straight... you live in Masshole but have for some reason adopted the St. Loser Cards as your team?

I don't know how that works. Please explain.

oh, and I hope you choke on that pizza pie.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Just sayin'. A lot of people don't know any better. The original Uno's downtown is still a big tourist attraction.
Good take. The touristy-types will hit Jack's Stack or Bryant's and think that they're experiencing the best 'cue that KC has to offer. Good eats, but far from the best.

Did Gino's East a few years back after a Cubs day game and a full night of partying in Wrigleyville. Good pie - um, from what I can remember. Only complaint was that it only took about 45 minutes to get to the table from the time we ordered...
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Toddowen wrote:I'm thinking...
...about fondling young boys? Your next fix? Suicide?

Wags -- for the last fucking time. As a young lad growing up in CT in the 70s, I played Little League Ball. Our teams had actual MLB names. I was on the Cardinals. We won the title two years in a row. There's a picture of me smiling from ear to ear that still hangs at my parent's house. I am wearing my Cardinals uniform holding my little trophy just looking like I am on top of the world. That's why I am a fan. Okay?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: There's a picture of me smiling from ear to ear that still hangs at my parent's house. I am wearing my Cardinals uniform holding my little trophy just looking like I am on top of the world.
Aw man, I bet you were only an adult XL uniform back then. Did you flex in the picture? Tell me you were flexing.

~KC Scott~
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If you want the best pizza in Chicago go to Piece in Wicker Park. They serve New Haven style. It's always packed, but well worth the wait. They also brew their own beer which is very good. Oh, and get it with goat cheese. Money.
Been there. Great pizza, but we had to wait like an hour to get in. In any case, I'll be there in 2 weeks to watch the Cubs/Astros game. Bringing my son. May hit the Lincoln Park Zoo in the morning, Piece for lunch and then the game.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

If you get the chance try Vito and Nick's http://www.vitoandnick.com or Great Lake Pizza on W. Balmoral......both excellent pies.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Kansas City Kid wrote:If you get the chance try Vito and Nick's http://www.vitoandnick.com or Great Lake Pizza on W. Balmoral......both excellent pies.
Looks like they both specialize in thin ('sup not Kaley) crust. ucant was looking for deep dish. Way to KC up the thread, tard.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The best deep dish is Pequods in Lincoln Park. It's not well known amongst tourists, so you can get in without much of a wait. Avoid the more popular places like Uno's, Gino's East, and Giordano's. They suck.

If you want the best pizza in Chicago go to Piece in Wicker Park. They serve New Haven style. It's always packed, but well worth the wait. They also brew their own beer which is very good. Oh, and get it with goat cheese. Money.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be up there in early September.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:A lot of folks became Cardinals' fans due to the reach of their AM station (KMOX?) back in the '60s and '70s.

That and the fact that they were damn good and had Gibson, Shannon, Flood, Torre, Brock, Carlton, Cepeda, etc.
yeah, it's KMOX. my granddad was a Cards fan back in the day for that very reason....in addition to being offered a minor league contract with both the Cubs and Cards. Stan Musial was his guy...even though granddad was a pitcher.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Goober McTuber wrote:
Kansas City Kid wrote:If you get the chance try Vito and Nick's http://www.vitoandnick.com or Great Lake Pizza on W. Balmoral......both excellent pies.
Looks like they both specialize in thin ('sup not Kaley) crust. ucant was looking for deep dish. Way to KC up the thread, tard.
I was just giving a recommendation for good pizza in Chicago, Tubby. Don't you have a ridiculous and worthless protest to attend in your horseshit state, Loser? :D
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Truman wrote:Only complaint was that it only took about 45 minutes to get to the table from the time we ordered...
45 minutes is standard to bake a deep dish pie. Some places are cool though and let you place your order when you place your name for a table, so that by the time you sit down (assuming it's busy) your pizza is ready to be served.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As a person who frequently makes deep dish zas, 45 minutes sounds like excellent service.

5 minutes to get the order in and make it, 35 minutes or so to cook it.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Kansas City Kid wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Looks like they both specialize in thin ('sup not Kaley) crust.
I was just giving a recommendation for good pizza in Chicago, Tubby.
Kansas City to the motherfucking core.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

No thanks on the deep dish. Just not my type.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:No thanks on the deep dish. Just not my type.
Same here. That looks like a hearty cheese and tomato soup in a bread bowl.

Here's what pizza should look like:

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

IndyFrisco wrote:No thanks on the deep dish. Just not my type.

That looks more like a Giordano's style pie, i.e., lots of crust. Not really my preference. Pequod's isn't nearly as doughy, and they carmelize the crust, which is just awesome. I would have a difficult time believing anyone could sample one of these and not enjoy it:

But to each their own. I love both deep dish and thin crust, personally, and don't understand why there needs to be debate.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The doughier, the better.

I put extra sugar in my dough, and let it rise a long time.

And I'll put one of my primo zas up against anyone.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I'm not seeing anyone debating anything. I agreed with you that the thin crust style was better than any deep dish I've had. I just don't like a lot of sauce on my pizzas, and those deep dishes look caked in it. We're just stating preferences here. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion on what they like. Kind of like the discussion I had with trev on In N Out burgers...she's free to rave on about thousand island dressing on burgers while I am free to call it dogshit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:The doughier, the better.
We’re talking about pizzas, not your love life.

DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Dinsdale wrote: let it rise a long time.
CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sin KC Scrote
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:The doughier, the better.

I put extra sugar in my dough, and let it rise a long time.

And I'll put one of my primo zas up against anyone.
This is about as doughy as I make my pizzas. I do put 1 T sugar per pizza in the dough as well. Mainly because I let it rise for up to 24 hours and that sugar is getting eaten by the yeast and it gives it a sourdough taste almost.

IndyWife's cheese pizza:

And my Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza:

Not an extremely thin crust, but compared to the deep dish, pretty thin. And very crispy as I use 2:1 ratio on unbleached all purpose flour to semolina flour.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I had some leftover BBQ ribs that gt put in the crock pot. Pulled that shiz, and put it on a za.

Tried something new, though -- on half of it, I substituted some thickened goo from the crockpot for tomato sauce.

Was pretty good, but a little heavy on the BBQ theme.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

IndyFrisco wrote:I'm not seeing anyone debating anything.
More of a general comment on my part as I've encountered many people who feel the need to debate the superiority of deep dish vs regular. What is considered pizza, what isn't, etc. I don't understand that. I love all pizza, just depends on my mood. Though I will say really good thin crust tends to top really good deep dish, imo.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:Was pretty good, but a little heavy on the BBQ theme.
I've tried doing the same thing a couple of times, except with chicken. Gotta really spread the BBQ sauce thin because its flavor is so strong.

Oh and fuck Indy's A&M cup, btw. :lol:
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

The sauce wasn't too thick.

The caramelized onions make the pizza in my opinion

And a HEALTHY layer of smoked pork

Before I added the smoked cheese I had smoked in the cold smoker and shred for the pizza

All in all, very tasty. Nothing like a traditional pie, but I was into BBQ that day I guess. I make the same pizza a lot with chicken or turkey as well. Though, lately I've been really into just bacon, turkey sausage, caramelized onions, green pepper, mushroom, and fresh jalapeno (not that pickled shit) using my go-to red sauce and freshly grated motzerella. Love to make that cheese bubbly to a point it starts to brown and crust over a bit as you can see from the cheese pie.

And what the fuck is wrong with my A&M tervis glass. Those things kick ass. I haven't heard the wife yell "put that on a coaster!" in years.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

King Crimson wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:A lot of folks became Cardinals' fans due to the reach of their AM station (KMOX?) back in the '60s and '70s.

That and the fact that they were damn good and had Gibson, Shannon, Flood, Torre, Brock, Carlton, Cepeda, etc.
yeah, it's KMOX. my granddad was a Cards fan back in the day for that very reason....in addition to being offered a minor league contract with both the Cubs and Cards. Stan Musial was his guy...even though granddad was a pitcher.
Did you know that of Musial's 3,630 total hits (#4 all time) exactly 1,815 came at home and 1,815 on the road?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Kansas City Kid wrote:Did you know that of Musial's 3,630 total hits (#4 all time) exactly 1,815 came at home and 1,815 on the road?
Thanks, Bob Costas.
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

What, no love for Lou Malnati's?
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Louis Cyphre wrote:What, no love for Lou Malnati's?

He didn't get 3000 hits.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Oh and fuck Indy's A&M cup, btw. :lol:
Is that what it was?

I thought it was just a cup celebrating a certain sexual maneuver.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Dinsdale wrote:
Louis Cyphre wrote:What, no love for Lou Malnati's?

He didn't get 3000 hits.
Ruth and Aaron each scored exactly 2,174 runs.