What Will Happen in Glendale?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Python
Elwood

Re: What Will Happen in Glendale?

Post by Python »

Dinsdale wrote:
One of us was wrong... I just think you're a little confused as to which one.

Wait. You didn't pick Oregon to win?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Geez, Spray... thoughtful analysis and reasonableness from SEC Honk?

See that, Sam? It is possible.

Papa Willie wrote:Here's the thing - neither team played their best. Frankly - it was Cam's worst outing of the year. He looked pretty much pedestrian at best to be honest.

Had our offense played like that against 'Bama (or several of our other games), Auburn would have gotten the shit beaten out of them.

Let's not overlook the obvious cause/æfect dealio here...

Give two experienced DC's 5 freaking weeks to watch film, and this is what happens. Prep time favors defenses much more than offenses. And I think that's what we saw -- while neither teams' scheme went quite exactly as planned, nothing either DC saw surprised them a bit.

So Oregon's read-option faltered? Might have something to do with Auburn's film work and prep.

Cam didn't run for 250? Think 5 weeks of film had something to do with it? It's not that he sucked -- it was more a case of an experienced DC not sucking.

Sad part was, Cliff Harris tells us Auburn ran the exact pass plays they prepped for. Auburn disguised them a little better than anticipated, and the safeties didn't get off Cam quick enough to stop it. I'm guessing if given another shot, Allowalotti would have used a shit-ton more man coverage, and took a little more rick on Cam making long runs. We had the personnel to go man, but Cam's feet's reputation convinced them otherwise. 2 and 3 deeps seemed like a good idea. But if the safeties were going to camp, might as well have been packing the box a little tighter -- at least Dyer would have had a couplefew hundred extra pounds to deal with... and then the short passes would be flowing like wine, but you can't stop everything.

But we seem to agree Oregon needs another Ngata/Toeaina/Saivii in the middle. Bair would make an excellent compliment to such a player, but as the lone "clogger," he don't cut it -- he's more of a "speeds in for the kill because the clogger needed an extra blocker" guy. Or if there's a tough enough tackle, it enables a 3-4, and gets a OLB into the backfield a lot... been there, done that.

Again, what it came down to was one team had a far superior PlanB. It's that simple.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote: Also - if the Ducks would have had Blount - they would have won. Just that simple.

And if Auburn had Bo Jackson, they'd have won by 30.

But a Blount type big back would have made 3rd and manageable much easier to deal with.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:
Add to that, I think the Ducks rang his bell in the 3rd. He just didn't seem to be all "there" afterwards.

Looked like the last drive was about the end of the gas in his tank. Could probably be said about a number of players on both sides, although Oregon looked more "fit," which was their strong point all season. But that shot on Scam looked like it hurt. Worst he's been buried all year (at least that I saw... and oddly enough, it wasn't by one of those big SEC defenders).

Sam -- if you'd like to discuss the actual game, I'd be more than happy. If you insist in rewriting history (from 2 days ago) to promote your absolute rubbish "I WAS RIGHT" agenda, just save it. Shall I, like MGO, continue to quote all the shit you were wrong about?

You know, like the "not hanging" part? We can play this game all day.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

If you picked Oregon to win, you were wrong. If you picked Auburn to win, you were right. All the rest is just someone trying to save face. You guys suck.

The end.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Python wrote:All the rest is just someone trying to save face. You guys suck.
Sin,
I Can't See Oregon Hanging With Auburn?
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

I believe the old school word is "scoreboard."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Python wrote:I believe the old school word is "scoreboard."

And it would appear that a very infrequently-appearing SECBSH has suddenly appeared to claim some.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Nah. I was just looking for a good game and I got one. I hate Auburn. I think they're a bunch of cheating thugs, which was very evident during the game. The only thing I was pulling for was the under. Always take the under.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Python wrote:Always take the under.

In a title game...

yup.

In an NCAA title game, with 5 weeks of film...

double-yup.

In the Pick'Em, I went high, but if I had actual money, I would have gone with Oregon (which started at +5.5), and the under (I think was about 74.5 at gametime).
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

No way I would have touched the line at 3. Heck, I wouldn't have touched it at all, no matter what it was. 74 was a weeeeee bit high. I'm suprised anyone was dumb enough to take the over. Then again, that's why bookies are bookies. A lot of stupid people with money out there.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I never got to tell you this, Python, but I am truly sorry about Hedges.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Python wrote:No way I would have touched the line at 3.

3.5 was reasonable (obviously). Although either team could have won by 30. I also think it was more likely that Auburn would squeak out a close one than Oregon[/perfecthindsight]

The initial 5.5 was pretty tasty. 3 (3.5)... iffy. Anything less than 3 would have been suicide.

But then again... no $$$$ down for me. First, I rarely do that. Second, a man who bets on his rooting interest and his money are soon parted.

Although for a BTPCFB fan, spending a Gameday in Vegas filling out a million low-dough parlay cards is a hoot. Parlays are a shit bet, but at $2-5, who cares? I had a hoot running up to the room (sup my bag of weed), down to the book, into the sports bar, bullshitting with the 8000 geared-up CFB honks in the book (the Auburn fans I chatted with being by far the coolest, but didn't seem to be the brightest gamblers).

I was left to entertain myself for a few hours, and I really can't imagine a better way to do it in that shithole town.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Dinsdale wrote:Second, a man who bets on his rooting interest and his money are soon parted.
what about betting against his rooting interests? think the wisco line was only 5 or something. but you know, can't sit there subconsciously rooting for the loss.

that said, i lost on the michigan/miss state game though won it back since i bet the over as well. obviously took the under in the oregon/auburn game.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Ya' know Sam, for someone who supposedly despises Auburn, you sure like to talk about them a lot.

Myself, I despise Kansas. They have one of the best B-ball programs in the country year after fucking year. If by chance they win another title this year, I will go out of my way to avoid reading or hearing about it. I will roll over the KU Star in my driveway the next day, I won't watch the local news or tune to AM radio for a week. If any dumbfuck KU fan gets up in my face about it, I will ask them how their football team is doing. They won't exist as far as I'm concerned.

So yeah, you should quit the charade. I don't care what you say or think you feel about Auburn, subconsciously at least, you love them like your inbred brother.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

maybe if you had any self-confidence you wouldn't give a shit if your rival won their last game. fuck ohio state: i love watching them lose because they pan in all the crying sorority girls who weren't paying attention to the game in the first place. but at the same time, 88's a great guy and i'm happy for him that he's happy whenever osu cheats their way to another big ten championship. and no, i'm not going to bother reconciling that.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

War Wagon wrote:Kansas. They have one of the best B-ball programs in the country year after fucking year. If by chance they win another title this year...
Rack.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:Actually Alabama should have taken care of business a few weeks earlier and the Tigers would have probably never seen Glendale.
But then you would have had to watch your beloved Ducks lose to TCU.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:The team I live to hate won. I have to listen to these AU yahoos forever 'cause the Ducks didn't get it done. Actually Alabama should have taken care of business a few weeks earlier and the Tigers would have probably never seen Glendale.

As it is, I will never be able to visit anywhere in the state of Alabama again without seeing some fuckin' sign or bumpersticker or pin or shirt reveling in the fact that Auburn finally won a NC. I feel the need to puke.
So you are desperately hoping their title gets vacated, yes? Seems that should end all the "misery."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:The team I live to hate won.

Welcome to the club.

We've been dealing with it for 20 years.
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Sudden Sam wrote: Py's right. We need to drop it.
Never said that. Cripple fight!
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:
Don't bother, SS. They won't ever "get it".
You can thank antibiotics, modern hygiene and intelligent use of prophylactics for that.

You guys can "get it" all you want.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: You don't have to live in the same state with all these AU goobers who've felt like the little brother to Alabama all these years and now finally have something to yak about.
oh ja, i forgot, SECBSH: that dynamic only exists where you live.

willie wrote:Don't bother, SS. They won't ever "get it". Perhaps at the end of the day, some folks down here just understand that it's a "game" as opposed to a life or death situation.
wait, i thought football was a lifestyle for y'all down there.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

You know how to tell when it is the offseason?

Threads like this...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

M Club wrote: oh ja, i forgot, SECBSH: that dynamic only exists where you live.

Absolutely.

If they were a little smarter as a group, they might realize that the South was the last part of the country where football caught on.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

IndyFrisco wrote:You know how to tell when it is the offseason?

Threads like this...

Yeah, but at least we're within the season-end window where we can still trash talk and call each other names based on something. Give it another month or two, and it reverts to...

"The SEC hates airports!"

"The PAC1 sucks!"

"Bin Laden played wideout for Michigan!"

"This will be Sisters of the Poor's breakout year!"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote:
M Club wrote:
wait, i thought football was a lifestyle for y'all down there.
It is. But maybe we don't see the need to actually real-life hate somebody for what team they pull for.
i suppose the next step is to point out where i said otherwise.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:It is. But maybe we don't see the need to actually real-life hate somebody for what team they pull for.
I thought you inbreds were into this shit, to the point where you explain your rivalries are like no others?

Don't matter what time of year it is, if I show up in Seattle wearing Ducks gear, I'm taking a beatdown.

I guess you guys aren't that serious about CFB (I guess I should add the :winkythingy:, for the slow ones).

But then again, we've been at it longer. (How bad does that suck, when you're behind a part of the country where 43 people lived when the rivalry started)...

yup, it's the offseason, alright.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:UW & Oregon didn't start until 1916
Not sure where you came up with that, but...

no.

You know, back in the days when they had to travel by train, and didn't do it for the sheer loathing of airports.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

also be sort of tough for the SEC to claim bode since it wasn't founded until 1932.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Papa Willie wrote: So you were excited by the Big 10's stellar showing?
you mean did michigan win? no, we got our azzes kicked. don't care about the other big ten teams other than the ones who won me money by losing. rack them.

otherwise, don't really see much point for my text you quoted. doesn't explain much.

also don't see how football's a religion down there yet you see unsure as to when the first iron bowl was played.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

follow up some non sequiturs with a photo. great take, m2ool.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

maybe you should have used quotation marks so i'd "get" it.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

It all "tastes like" chicken.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote: It's all the fucked up food you eat "over there".

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-07-19/trav ... =PM:TRAVEL

Although I don't know if Mclub still lives in Portland.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i think you're running your spreadsheet on an apple2e.