Today is Big 10 day (and a bad day it was)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Today is Big 10 day (and a bad day it was)

Post by Mace »

Five games.....three vs the SEC. I've got the Big 10 going 2-3 in my picks today, which means they'll probably go 5-0 or 0-5, but make no mistake you SECBSH's, I am totally rooting for everything Big 10 today.

BTBSH's, sign in here and begin your chant.....BIG TEN! BIG TEN! BIG TEN! Wow! That sounds so fucking gay....but what the hell.

Looking forward to the MSU-'Bama matchup....two similar teams that should give us a great game, and the Rose Bowl, where I'm anxious to see if the Badgers can muscle their way to the asskicking that I think they'll put on TCU.

Edit: And fuck the bowl system for having 3 of the games in the same time slots.
Last edited by Mace on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Today is Big 10 day

Post by King Crimson »

not exactly a full-house in the Cotton Bowl.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

This is my favorite day of the year with March Madness being a close second. Nothing but football, beer and snacks today. Ya gotta love it. Hope everybody enjoys the day and gets their fill of college football.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

BTBSH here...Big 10 or 12 or what the fuck ever...

Big 10 goes 4-1 yep that's right...roll jobs by Wisconsin, Michigan and Michigan State...NW will lose (as they are) and PSU covers but loses a close one to UF...

fuck the SEC 0-3...bwwwaaahaa...

edit...after being in Vegas for opening round of March Madness that edges today out...will be in Vegas again for March Madness...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Hoping B10 wins all of them.

Bama looked sharp on their first drive. Defense looks sharp too but vulnerable against the pass. Should be an interesting game.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

just heard dickrod's getting fired after the game. my inside guy has been right only once before in his life, though.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

M Club wrote:just heard dickrod's getting fired after the game. my inside guy has been right only once before in his life, though.
Your trying to ruin my New Year?
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

you're a niners fan?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

M Club wrote:you're a niners fan?
That's beside the point.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

oh, thought you were disappointed we were taking your nfl coach as well.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Well yeah, but definitely of secondary importance.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

well, friend also said dickrod's been shopping himself around. have to think that would have leaked, so maybe you get to hold onto harbaugh for an extra week or so.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I hope he's not talking to Stanford. We're not looking for a straight across trade.

Wonder who's coaching at USD this year...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

WTF is up with Northwestern? Did Dan Persa shed his boot and make a dramatic entrance out of the tunnel to pull Northwestern back into this game? Fitzgerald must have had a very inspiring halftime speech. Iowa State beat Texas Tech and, even without Persa, Northwestern is better than Iowa State.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Mace wrote:WTF is up with Northwestern? Did Dan Persa shed his boot and make a dramatic entrance out of the tunnel to pull Northwestern back into this game? Fitzgerald must have had a very inspiring halftime speech.
No, it's because Tuberville thought it was a brilliant move to onside kick with his team UP by three TDs. NU got it back w/ a short field and got right back in it.

Also, good to see Greg Robinson never disappoints. Has that guy ever not been an embarassment?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mace wrote: the Rose Bowl, where I'm anxious to see if the Badgers can muscle their way to the asskicking that I think they'll put on TCU.
Judging by the Ten's performance thus far today, TCU will romp. Actually, I didn't need today to figure that one out. TCU is for realz.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Really looking forward to this game. Hope it turns out better than the others I've seen today.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSU/UF is alright... except I'll miss another pick by 0.5 point.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Pretty ironic the "win one for the gipper" factor isn't for the team with a corpse for a head coach.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah, how is it the coach with no heart -- or no good working one, anyway, is looking like the potential winner?

Although miracles happen.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

pretty sweet being Urban Meyer right now, 46 and on top of the world. Hard to believe he'll just walk away. Not far, I bet.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

War Wagon wrote:pretty sweet being Urban Meyer right now, 46 and on top of the world.

Yeah, except that one-foot-in-the-grave-at-46 thing.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

PSU's playcalling was just brutal. 3-4 times they had the fastest guy on the field and they ran him straight up the middle into a pile. Then on 3rd-and-3 with Royster hot they put it on McGloin's shoulders.

Hope someone gets fired for that shit.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:Yeah, except that one-foot-in-the-grave-at-46 thing.
That's fucking bullshit and you know it. If you honestly believe his pathetic and transparent "I'm about to die" shtick, you're a bigger moron than we thought.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Yeah, except that one-foot-in-the-grave-at-46 thing.
That's fucking bullshit and you know it. If you honestly believe his pathetic and transparent "I'm about to die" shtick, you're a bigger moron than we thought.
Do you have a link to something saying that Meyer does not have some health issues? Everything I've read says that he will be putting himself at a higher risk for cardio-vascular problems if he continues to coach.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mace wrote:Everything I've read says that he will be putting himself at a higher risk for cardio-vascular problems if he continues to coach.
My guess is every coach in America is at a "higher risk" for cardio problems in terms of coaching vs not coaching. Hell, my team's coach had a full fledged heart attack.

There's something more at work here. Which is fine. If dude wants to hang it up early, spend more time with the family, do other shit, etc., who am I to judge? He accomplished more in 10 seasons than most will in a lifetime.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Mace wrote:Everything I've read says that he will be putting himself at a higher risk for cardio-vascular problems if he continues to coach.
My guess is every coach in America is at a "higher risk" for cardio problems in terms of coaching vs not coaching. Hell, my team's coach had a full fledged heart attack.

There's something more at work here. Which is fine. If dude wants to hang it up early, spend more time with the family, do other shit, etc., who am I to judge? He accomplished more in 10 seasons than most will in a lifetime.
If it's honestly to spend time with family and re-asses his career situation (i.e. maybe lower profile school), then that's more than fine. But I'm with Killian where I think this is more him making a cut-and-run excuse when times get tough.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:

I agree. The long hours and the intensity puts all coaches at a higher risk, but when you're having chest pains and are told that you're looking at a heart attack if you continue to coach, I have to respect him for hanging it up. I think Meyer is a workaholic and perfectionist, and it's difficult to tone it down and feel like you're doing things the right way.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Today is Big 10 day (and a bad day it was)

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I give a lotta props to Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo. He tells his assistants they are welcome to work Sundays if they want, but they will not see him in the office. Like a big FU to Jon Gruden.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Degenerate wrote:PSU's playcalling was just brutal. 3-4 times they had the fastest guy on the field and they ran him straight up the middle into a pile. Then on 3rd-and-3 with Royster hot they put it on McGloin's shoulders.

Ha! Never will that happen. I've been a McGloin fan, but shit - that kid killed us today. The one 3rd and inches play, where PSU simply needed to continue the drive to probably win the game...and instead of running, they roll McGroin out and he throws a pick. Third and inches!! I was apoplectic.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sounds a little bit like Ara Parseghian, back in the day. Ara quit the ND job at 50, reportedly his doctor told him he'd soon be dead if he didn't.

Fast-forward 36 years, and Ara's still around at 86. He's even managed to outlive some of his grandchildren.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Sounds a little bit like Ara Parseghian, back in the day. Ara quit the ND job at 50, reportedly his doctor told him he'd soon be dead if he didn't.

Fast-forward 36 years, and Ara's still around at 86. He's even managed to outlive some of his grandchildren.
Yeah, there are more important things in life than winning football games and national titles. Staying upright and watching your kids grow up would be a couple that comes to mind.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Mace wrote:Staying upright and watching your kids grow up to be a couple comes to mind.
Typical Iowa.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Degenerate wrote:PSU's playcalling was just brutal. 3-4 times they had the fastest guy on the field and they ran him straight up the middle into a pile. Then on 3rd-and-3 with Royster hot they put it on McGloin's shoulders.

Nice. Someone doesn't know PSU football very well.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Re: Today is Big 10 day (and a bad day it was)

Post by Degenerate »

Ken wrote:

Nice. Someone doesn't know PSU football very well.
Ya, for some reason I thought the younger Paterno coached D and not O.

Whoever said talent skips a generation must have had JoePa's family in mind.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

PSUFAN wrote:

Ha! Never will that happen. I've been a McGloin fan, but shit - that kid killed us today. The one 3rd and inches play, where PSU simply needed to continue the drive to probably win the game...and instead of running, they roll McGroin out and he throws a pick. Third and inches!! I was apoplectic.
Meh. He completes a 12 yard pass and you're jerking off to what a great playcaller your coordinator is (is it JayPa?).

It's better that he makes mistakes in the Outback Bowl at the end of a 7-5 season instead of in a big conference game next year. It was a bad throw- much like Tolzien's pass on the 2-point conversion try.

Just a bad day for the Big-10 but Iowa played a big role in that. I said that our choking this year would cost the conference, and it did. Iowa was a better matchup for teams like Alabama and Mississippi State than Michigan and Michigan State were. Michigan State would have been better off playing Arkansas. As strange as that sounds, they matchup a whole heck of a lot better with Arkansas. They had no shot against Alabama. There isn't a team in the country that could blowout Iowa, so had we just not choked a bunch of games away we could have faced Bama in the CapOne and Ohio State gone on to whoop Florida in the Outback.

Penn State would have gone on to lose to Mississippi State but they would have been competitive. I believe Nebraska would have gone to the Insight Bowl had Iowa not been the Big-10's selection (Dan Beebe is a real cuntrag) and Michigan would have been much more competitive with them because Nebraska was disinterested in bowl season this year.

The other game was Wisconsin losing (I don't count Taco Tech-Northwestern because nobody even knew that game was played) and they lost by 2 points to an unbeaten team thanks to a horrible decision on the 2-point conversion by Tolzien (what the fuck was he thinking? The linebacker saw you semi-pump to that receiver. you can't then throw him the ball at that point. it was too late).

The Big-10 was exposed, but people forget we always end up with the worst matchups because we always have 2 BCS teams and face a bunch of SEC squads. We're not fortunate enough to have 3 teams in our conference win 10+ games and face teams with 8 or less wins (sup Big-12?). I know Syracuse, UCONN, and Illinois are rough teams and all, but..............
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Sudden Sam wrote:
TheJON wrote: The Big-10 was exposed, but people forget we always end up with the worst matchups
Yeah, it's rough when your co-champ has to play the 4th place team from the SEC West.
You really think Alabama was the 4th best team in the SEC West???

Bama was a lot like Iowa in that they were far better than their record indicated. They could beat any team in the country and they proved that.

Plus, the SEC is clearly the best conference in the country and it's not even close.

I know the Big-10's bowl schedule wasn't quite as tough as having 3 10+ win teams face teams with 8 or fewer wins in bowl games like the Big-12, though.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Fast-forward 36 years, and Ara's still around at 86. He's even managed to outlive some of his grandchildren.
That's impressive and all, but I don't want to outlive any of my children, much less my grandchildren.

As for Meyer, snake oil for all who fall for his shit. He's going to be coaching again within 2 years, probably at the next level.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:Fast-forward 36 years, and Ara's still around at 86. He's even managed to outlive some of his grandchildren.
That's impressive and all, but I don't want to outlive any of my children, much less my grandchildren.

As for Meyer, snake oil for all who fall for his shit. He's going to be coaching again within 2 years, probably at the next level.
He outlived his grandchildren because they had a very rare disease to which there is no cure.

As for Meyer, he has no interest in the NFL. My guess is somewhere like USC once Lane Tosh guides them through probation. I think Meyer is a lot like Phil Jackson. Guy is great, when he has the best player in the sport on his team.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:I think Meyer is a lot like Phil Jackson. Guy is great, when he has the best player in the sport on his team.
Denver has an opening I guess. :lol:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...