Rumors Swirling in Columbus...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

L45B
Commanche Hero

Rumors Swirling in Columbus...

Post by L45B »

All just speculation at this point, but the local message boards have been melting for the past couple days. Word is a certain number of tOSU players may have to sit out the Sugar Bowl for allegedly getting tattoos in exchange for their autographs. Majority of the players mentioned are starters-- note, players that tOSU would miss. If true, this would pretty much wrap up another beatdown at the hands of an SEC team. All for a few lousy... tattoos???

Again, just hearsay right now but figured this board could use a new thread.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: Rumors Swirling in Columbus...

Post by WolverineSteve »

They're talking Pryor, Herron....some key dudes. Pisses me off! The first time I throw big weight in a confidence pool on osu vs an sec team and they get busted. Fuck me.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I subscribe to one of the premium boards and those "connected" on that board say there is nothing to this...

FWIW...

just logged on to check...there might be something coming but not sure anything will be doled out punishment wise before the bowl game
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

This just in from the AD. Starters Terrelle Pryor, DeVier Posey, Mike Adams, Boom Herron and backup DE Soloman Thomas all will have to sit out the first 5 games of the 2011 season for selling Big Ten championship paraphernalia and used jerseys. Huge shitstorm about to ensue. If it holds, all but Thomas will probably end up declaring for the NFL instead.

Word from the inside is the NCAA was probably anticipating getting heat from the bowl sponsors, so they made up some bullshit violation that suspends the players next year instead of for the bowl game. This all smells bad-- from the selfish players that sold B10 championship rings to the shady NCAA trying to paint its best picture. But if it's all true I hope these kids never suit up in a Buckeye uniform ever again. I don't care if we have to trot out Joe Bauserman in the Sugar Bowl.

More to come later.
Last edited by L45B on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Jsc810 wrote:Edit - just saw L45B's post. Shit. All that because of some damn tattoos?
No, this is something else. Apparently Pryor, Posey, Adams and Thomas received over $1,000 for selling their 2008 Big Ten Championship rings and other paraphernalia. Herron received cash for selling just jerseys, pants and shoes.
But hopefully all the players will be able to play.
Outside of Herron -- maybe -- I personally think none of these kids deserve to wear an Ohio State jersey ever again. AD Gene Smith is allegedly filing for an appeal, but I say kick these thugs to the curb. And do it NOW, fuck the NCAA and the bowl sponsors.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/stor ... FHeadlines

First game back.. Oct. 8...Lincoln Nebraska. I hope Prior stays, I wanted to see him play. I would think he'd declare...?
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Fucking assholes...think of the team ASS HATS...fuck them

Pryor has been nothing but a prima dona since JT promised him early PT (yeah that is why we hooked him)...Herron is a senior...so no loss there...Adams (needed one more year of PT) but that would be a bigger loss in my opinion...

If I were JT and had any SHRED of fucking decency I would sit those fuckers for the Bowl game and trot Guiton out there with Hall/Saine/Berry...fuck it...going 1-9 ain't worth selling your fucking soul you little fucking midget
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

You gotta forgive these players for a momentary lapse of judgment and believing they played in the SEC. :)
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

So if Pryor's dad got the tattoo, everything wouldbe fine, right?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

how are these guys allowed to play in the bowl game?
USC had 1 player receive illegal benefits and it cost the program 2 year bowl ban, 30 scholarships, 3 years of probation and they had to forfeit every win the program had from the time the player first discussed receiving benefits from the person who provided them for him. Reggie and the Griffens did not receive a single benefit until April of 05 yet they were forced to forfeit the National title game 4 months earlier because that was after Lamar met with Lake and Michaels at a Charger game in December of 04.
Ohio State had 6 players receive illegal benefits, they should forfeit all those games, those players should lose eligibility, the school should be put on 18 years of probation and lose 120 scholarships, 10 a year for the next 12 years and have a 12 year bowl ban
fair is fair
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Every last one of you can kiss my ass.

Auburn OWNS the NCAA and we tell them what to do.

Sucks to be you.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

How the hell is Mark May saying that the NCAA wont discipline their "sacred cows" in the Pac 10 but will come down on SEC schools with a straight face?
Scam Newton got away with far worse than anyone at USC ever did. Hell the infractions comittee are all East Coast/SEC people, if he wants to take a stand and talk about the NCAAs hypocracy, talk about what USC was punished for and then compare that to what the schools the last 2 years have got away with
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Carson wrote:Auburn OWNS the NCAA and we tell them what to do.
Your days are numbered, chief. After January 10th hits and all the money's been pocketed, it's open season.
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

These guys should never play for OSU again. f-it! The ballzy move by Smith would have been to kick them all off the team permenantly, not appeal. And don't give me that crap they didn't know it wasn't right. They are smart enough to know what they were doing was wrong, they just didn't think they would get caught.
"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
Woody Hayes / Ohio State
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Suspended Buckeyes should cut ties with unfair system, turn pro

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... gle_sports
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Rack the Buckeye fans in here and elsewhere who call a spade a spade (no pun) and are pissed about these asswipes being allowed to wear the uni in the upcoming bowl game. Sure, we'd all like to see OSU full-strength in their tilt against Arkansas...but sometimes things are much bigger than that. Props again!!.

Back on the Husker front: Senior db Ricky Thenarse suspended for his last game, the Holiday Bowl for being arrested on suspicion of drunken driving. Kid only blew a .10 but it is what it is. Dumb ass.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

in 1996 4 USC players took some Nike turf shoes that they were given and took them to Nike Town where they traded them for store credit, they bought Nike hats and shirts with the credit. The 4 of them were suspended the next 3 games for trading a pair of shoes. Since 1996 USC has stamped a brand in to everything the football program gives to its players, "this item was provided to so and so by the USC athletic Department" How can a rogue program like the USC Trojans be more compliant than an upstanding program like Ohio State who is taking the blame for these players not being informed?
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

L45B,

Please Google "Auburn NCAA probation history".

Thanks for the catch-and-release, though.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

FWIW... from tOSU Rivals website reporter:

Kevin Noon
Managing Editor

2Email0 Follow Noon on Twitter | Ari on Twitter | Hare on Twitter
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Saturday night saw message boards light up as a blogger decided to try and prey on the already fragile state of Ohio State fans' psyche by starting rumors insinuating that head coach Jim Tressel would no longer be the head coach of the Buckeyes after the upcoming Sugar Bowl game.

The amateur blogger claimed to have a pair of sources that are 'very close to recruiting at prominent universities' stating that Tressel was out. The Ohio State athletic department released a statement via text message on Saturday evening to try and put this rumor to rest.

"Reports circulating that (a) Chicago website is reporting (Jim Tressel) is retiring after the bowl are totally the work of some prankster," was announced by an OSU sports information spokeswoman.

Ohio State Athletic Director Gene Smith also took to cyberspace to announce via Twitter that the rumors were not true.

This all comes on the heels of a bombshell that came down on Ohio State with five starters picking up five game bans in 2011 and one player picking up a one game suspension all stemming from the sale of Ohio State personal effects for profit.

BuckeyeGrove.com was contacted by a member of the recruiting class of 2011 upon hearing about these rumors. In the aforementioned article there was reference made that the current recruiting class was being allowed to look around for other options. This is an inaccuracy based on the fact that none of the 19 members of the recruiting class have signed a National Letter of Intent and are not bound to Ohio State. The unnamed recruit found the whole situation to be comical and ill-timed.

The current Ohio State football team will get back to Columbus and to practice on December 27th for two more days of practice before making the trip to New Orleans (La.) for the Sugar Bowl on December 29th. BuckeyeGrove.com will start its Sugar Bowl coverage on December 29th as well.

We will not link to the originating site of these false rumors and generate page views for a fraudulent report
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Believe the Heupel wrote:WTF? Now there's scattered reports that Tressel is stepping down after the Sugar Bowl?
This was some douche blogger that posted a false article and then went to a bunch of team message boards the other day and posted his link. That's how this all got started.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

TheJON wrote:some douche blogger
Does he call his blog Jonsense?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Always good to see former players throwing your program under the bus:

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sport ... se/3854836
On the same day Ohio State and the NCAA claimed OSU player ignorance of the rules, the Buckeye football player with the most tattoos on the team between 2007-09, Thaddeus Gibson, said that Ohio State football players during the time in question were repeatedly (explicitly) informed of the NCAA rule in question.

Gibson is the second Ohio State player to contradict statements made by Ohio State AD Smith. Also last Thursday, despite Smith assuring the media that the NCAA violations involving the tattoo parlor were “isolated”, former Buckeye Antonio Pittman Tweeted that OSU football players had been getting “hookups” on tattoos “since 2001″.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

all the osu schwag predates the aj green situation. i think that means michigan snapped tressel's 100 game winning streak against us.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i'd be pretty pissed, as far as you could be about these things. then again, michigan doesn't award anything special for beating ohio state. probably some title ix shit to make the failures who never did feel less bad about themselves. i wish they'd start a tradition where players have to wear one buckeye on their helmets for each loss.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

What is this "we beat michigan" memento that you speak of? Never heard of that before.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

What is this "we beat michigan" memento that you speak of? Never heard of that before.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

M Club wrote:i'd be pretty pissed, as far as you could be about these things. then again, michigan doesn't award anything special for beating ohio state.
How would you know? Those awards are likely in a storage room under 6 inches of dust, still waiting for the day that they can be presented to the Michigan players.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Mace wrote:How would you know? Those awards are likely in a storage room under 6 inches of dust, still waiting for the day that they can be presented to the Michigan players.
already beat you to that burrrrrrrn:
probably some title ix shit to make the failures who never did feel less bad about themselves.